Does Veeky Forums jump rope?

Does Veeky Forums jump rope?
Are there any benefits to it that are exclusive?

Thinking about getting one because I hate jogging and think it'll be decent cardio and endurance builder.

It's fun to learn boxer jump rope tricks

jump rope is excelltent cardio that builds bigger calves and it also strengthens your wrist and shoulders.

This but it takes a lot more coordination than running and is much more difficult to do for extended periods.

i once jump roped for 10 minutes and my calves hurt disgustingly bad for an entire week

how many minutes of jumping rope makes for a decent workout?

3 if you do it fast
i just like to count jumps
300 jumps is good

One benefit is it is simpler than running, but thats about it

I jump rope because you can break it down into short bursts while doing other things, I can do it at home, and it doesn't take much space

This is what I do but my cardio isn't as good so i ususally go to 200, rest for a few minutes and go for 200 more. I try to end each set with a double

Boxing rounds.
3 minutes on, 1 minute rest, repeat. From 3 to 10 'rounds'.

It's a classic.

>300 jumps is good
That's interesting to know. I usually go for 800 in 5 minutes for two sets as a warm up. I used to box but our typical warm up for that was 2 minutes off, one minute of push ups, repeat 5 times, so it was a bit of a different pace and stuff.

I don't have a jump rope, or a place to jump rope. I just jump up and down in my living room while watching tv. 3 minutes on 1 minute rest, do like 10 sets. Pretty much the same workout for your legs

If this is bait, I fell for it.
If you're serious, you're a fucking retard.

I literally do this every day.

Are you a martial artist? Do you need to work on some fancy footwork? Because that's what that is for.
For general cardio, just buy a fucking rope, it's cheap.

reporting in. some good info in this thread.

when i started out the first thing i did was practice the technique. i'd do up to 100 skips then rest as long as needed.
i'd did this 2-4 times a week.

once i could skip 100 with ease i started doing 1 minute on and 1 minute off. months later i could do 12, 3 minute rounds.
i'd do this 2-5 times a week, as needed.

i also add in skipping rope to my interval training.

this sole purpose is to help condition me for my sport and for stationary cardio and sometimes light workout days. the main things hit are the calves/hams and shoulders/arms. feet can take a beating too. i've gotten plantar strains before, as well as shin splints. do NOT skip rope if you experience injuries from before.

for beginners i recommend a regular name brand inexpensive speed rope over any other special/weighted/thick jump rope.

in the beginning a lot of people get discouraged and quit because they can't skip. they expect it to just happen and it doesn't, and so they quit the activity. and they think it's stupid and girly. truth to it is it is all ego. it takes days/weeks to correct yourself. you will really feel retarded until you get past that initial learning curve.

for me, the footwork tricks and whatnot came naturally. i didn't force myself to learn any new footwork patterns, they just kinda happened as the weeks and months went on. putting time into this has placed my athleticism on another level.

>this is a staple in my workout and i highly suggest it to all athletes.

>500 in 10min
we all start somehwre, right

As if adding a rope makes jumping up and down any less retarded

Jumping jacks, without spreading your feet apart every other jump, and without swinging your arms in the air
>no way man, that's retarded

Actually, now that you mention it, yes.

>jumping is retarded

How do you squat with that huge stick up your ass?

Half an hour. No kidding. That's what we did when I was doing Muay Thai. I need to get back into that.

>For general cardio, just buy a fucking rope, it's cheap.
Or build a jumping rope with a bigass tube of pvc. It'll work the shit out of your shoulders.

how does that work? bigass tube of pvc

Bump

I used to go for 30 minutes continuously and my calves and cardio were the best of my life

explain