Veeky Forums's thought on Gatorade and other sports drinks like Powerade?

Veeky Forums's thought on Gatorade and other sports drinks like Powerade?

Other urls found in this thread:

hammernutrition.com/products/heed-sports-drink.he.html
hammernutrition.com/products/perpetuem-reg-.pp.html
google.com/search?num=50&q=hyponatremia athletes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tasty. Thats all i care about while on a bulk.

Unless you're an endurance athlete or any other kind of athlete playing or training outside and in need of rehydration and a little fuelling, it's just more flavored sugar-water. That being said if you need actual endurance fuel or hydration there are much better products on the market, this is literally bottom-of-the-barrel, better-than-nothing-tier.

Absolutely useless if you want energy. You'd do better just eating a few tablespoons of sugar.

But if you how it tastes then whatever - so long as it fits within your diet.

Recommend the good shit please.

If I'm not mixing my own (which I do) I prefer Hammer Nutrition products:
hammernutrition.com/products/heed-sports-drink.he.html
hammernutrition.com/products/perpetuem-reg-.pp.html

Water.

>zero calories
>no electrolyte replacement
If you're working hard for hours and sweating like crazy, drinking only water may cause hyponatremia, which can kill you.
Also if you're running or riding or doing anything that requires a constant energy output for hours, taking in NO calories from carbohydrates can cause you to Bonk, hard.

>drinking only water ... can kill you
ok

Doesn't the food suffice, why is electrolytes needed from drinks?

I can't be bothered to sit here and write and entire goddamned Whitepaper for you on the subject of hydration, endurance fueling, and HYPONATREMIA, so how about you GOOGLE IT (hyponatremia) instead and get the facts?

Here, here's a link, don't say I never gave you nothing: google.com/search?num=50&q=hyponatremia athletes

Okay, but how often do people ACTUALLY die from that, in real life?

As opposed to, say, dying from dehydration?

Most people literally wouldn't be ABLE to physically drink that much water. They'd throw up first.

I just juice 4 mangos for rehydration. Better than gatorade and mangos are usually dirt cheap

I'm not even discussing this with you since it's obvious you didn't read a goddamned thing yourself. Go research more.

>poor water-to-carb ratio
>incomplete electrolytes
>shitty carb source (fructose)
I've heard some strange ideas over the years but that's a new and even stranger one.

As a runner gatorade was good since it had gloucose rather than frucose and your body uses it faster. Not sure why you would use it for non-endurance activities

In my research mangos had the best electrolyte balance for people.

Its just a drink i make i dont really take it too seriously, and it def works and costs less than gatorade.

The problem with glucose, or any other simple carb that ends in '-ose', is tooth decay. That's why maltodextrin is good. Can't be used by bacteria that cause tooth decay, and has a GI higher than sucrose or glucose, and won't upset your stomach.

Non-athletes shouldn't use Gatorade or any other sports drink, they should drink WATER unless they're working for long hours in a hot environment for days on end, in which case some supplemental electrolytes (or at least sodium chloride) would be a safe idea.

that shit is just water with added sugar get some real hydration from SKRATCH labs.

Fructose is not the best carbohydrate source though it takes longer to digest than others and can cause stomach upset which is a concern if you're an athlete which is why so many endurance fuels don't use fructose and use something like maltodextrin instead. Also I can get maltodextrin for extremely cheap in bulk and it keeps forever whereas mangos will go bad. I guess you could buy a bushel of them and spend all day juicing them and freeze the juice but what a pain. Glad you have something that works for you though I guess.

>taking quotes out of context

Cmon now

its just sugar water man.just drink water

Coconut water. Just don't get that flavored sugar added shit. Better electrolytes.

100% of every succescul athlete has proven to drink WATER in their career, however most losers who drink these types of drinks are proven to fail

Love it, it gives me the feeling to be an athlete, it motivates me, is that wierd?

Wouldn't say it's weird, sounds a little pretentious but that's all

No I'm natty

A lot of sugar in a lot of water.

Not impressed.

Kinda prefer Vitamin water senpai a lam. I feel better hydrated for some reason. Gatorade is too sweet for me.