On db shoulder press, should shoulder blades be kept back like on bench press?

On db shoulder press, should shoulder blades be kept back like on bench press?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SYThBz0IsAY
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't do DB shoulder press, just do BB shoulder press and lateral raises. Using heavy dumbbells is stupid.

Not as much or you'll fuck your shit up
I somewhat agree

>Don't do DB shoulder press, just do BB shoulder press and lateral raises. Using heavy dumbbells is stupid.

I have a shoulder injury so at the very least I'm getting to a reasonable strength on dumbbells before I go with barbell

How much then? Because I pinched them back pretty hard and I think I did it too much

Should it be very subtle?

Not so stupid, Arnold Presses are good shit

Pls help

How much should scapula retracted?

youtube.com/watch?v=SYThBz0IsAY

I am rehabbing my shoulder can you please jyst help me not fuck my shit up again

pull you shoulders back flat on the bench but dont pinch them if you get me

Ah true

If I pinch them though is that definitely fucking my shit up or is it ok? I've been doing it last like 5 workouts and they kind of been hurting

I also don't keep them conpletely to the side but a little infront since I heard that causes impingement

Why are you doing Arnolds on a shoulder rehab?

I'm not I'm just doing regular shoulder press

It's really weak and I'm only pressing 25lbs for 3x8. I don't want to fuck my shit up again. It kind of pops and hurts after if I retract scapula like I've been doing.guess I shouldn't anymore

No not necessarily, with bb your chest physically stops you going too deep and pulling your pec but db doesn't have that

Ok so for shoulder press with db I should NOT retract scapula correct?

I had surgery on my shoulder I'm just worried and I don't want to fuck my shit up again guys

I figured since everyone always says scapula scapula scapula on bench I thought same for shoulder press

Pull scapulae back on the bench for a better bench, shrug on the press to avoid scapula impingement

But for db dhoulderpress just keep shoulders back on bench?
I'm just confused and scared guys

Shrug at the top to avoid scapula impingement. Why aren't you using the Barbell?

>I have a shoulder injury so at the very least I'm getting to a reasonable strength on dumbbells before I go with barbell

What kind?
DB pressing feel unstable as fuck for me, and I've got a posterior labrum tear. Barbell pressing feels much more stable and might be one of the reasons my injury hurts less.

Had labrum repair too

Feels ok I guess but I think retracted my scapula puts a lot of stress and is retarded now that I think about it. Since it's essentially a behind the neck press in terms of shoulder rotation?

idk either way I hope I didnt fuck anything up. I won't do it again.

Got a video to explain the shrug? I'm confused

I want to press at least 40lb dumbbells before I switch to barbell btw

bump

You will get better results on the Barbell. youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

but i can't have different movement on the barbell, i need identical shoulder path on both of them.

well, if you need identical paths, the sensible thing to do is to use two independent weights.

don't bother doing db presses.
just do incline db bench press and lateral raises

No I'm saying on a barbell press I can't have independent movement of my shoulders.

if I have slightly less mobility in one shoulder, it would be disasterous and probably cause injury/fail the lift.

On db shoulder press my shoulders work independantly and i can press a little higher/lower with one than the other.

I haven't gotten any surgery yet, I was told that it wouldn't really help in my case for whatever reason. Though I hope to get a second opinion.
Have you tried pressing just the bar?

Nah i haven't bro.

Started literally pressing 12.5lb dumbbells for 3x8, now i'm on 25lbs. Still worried about this retraction shit. guess i'll try without it

Shoulder hurts now though, really fuckin worried i fucked it up. i hope i didnt

thats more than enough strength to start ohping 45

Db press on a bench sucks
Your scapula needs to move freely and pressing leaning against a bench messes with that
Also you don't get the full ROM
Do your pressing standing (either db or bb)
or sit on a flat bench

Dont retract your scapula when you vertical press, your scapula needs to move on overhead movement. Dont pin it down or youll get injured if you press heavy

Ok so should my shoulders just be lightly against the bench as the other poster said?

As lightly as possible
Like the other anons said, standing is better
Your scapula rotates and slides upward during a vertical press
raise your left hand while you hold your left scapula with your right hand
You can feel your scapula wanting to move
That scapula movement should not be hindered when you press

true

Guess I'll do a couple more weeks of db press and then switch to barbell or try it and see which i like better at least