Anyone else feel like Bronze Age is some sort of made-up fantasy age?

It doesn't resemble anything that came after.

It is as close as we can get to Conan the barbarian as history goes.

Yeah

i agree, some of these Mycenaean helmets look ridiculously fantastical.

Why did things change so much in Northern Europe? Wasn't it unaffected by the Bronze Age collapse?

They didn't have much to collapse

It was affected. During the Bronze age it was so warm that you could grow grapes in southern Sweden. In the end, around 500BC, temperatures plummeted. This period is very poor in archaeological finds. It was also probably what caused the Germanic migrations.

I hadn't considered the climate aspect, but that makes sense, thanks.

That might be why it looks so intriguing.

The Collapse ended the long distance trade routes that sustained the European Bronze Age, they didn't get their cities burnt down like in the Med but they collapsed just as surely.

The Gods died after this and magic left the earth, so I can see why we feel that way.

Also look at the color! The vibrancy! Such a different place from our dead world.

That's some retro Mad Max shit.

They fled south, and founded Mycaenae. Remember that historical Troy is actually in Finland and the Odyssey takes place in Norway.

That's classical you dope. The Ancient World didn't go in for realism in its art.

That's not from the bronze age, that's from 500 bc

What an absolute retard you are. Mycenea was a major power DURING the bronze age, how do you imagine they were founded AFTER the bronze age?

Let me guess, you meant Sparta, right?

>not knowing Baltic Homeric origin theory

"classical" civilization does not exist, it is only the death rattle of bronze age vitalism

>believing Finnish lies

Top kek, you'll be telling me Finland won the Hyperwar next.

Eh, no. There is SOME continuity, in Egypt and Assyria, but between the bronze age Helladic and the Greek Classical there are only faint connections.

The theory was developed by an Italian

What I am saying is that the world ended with the bronze age and everything that follows is a fading memory.

>Italian

Opinion disregarded!

The age of Myths died, and we entered the dreary age of History.

Hol up where were the turkics during the chinese bronze age?
I looked it up and the first turks showed up a few centuries before AD, the chinese bronze age ended a few centuries before that.

Probably busy being mongols, or possibly the mythical "altai"

Little known fact: Italy is the Finland of the south.

Turkics were savages living in the forests of Siberia, they adopted the horse and nomadism only after the bronze age.

>savages

By savages I mean in the technical sense, they were hunter-gatherers who didn't practice any form of agriculture and who lived in clans (extended families). Other Siberian groups kept horses (for meat) but the proto-turkics didn't.

Bronze age is really magical because there were so many advanced civilizations co-existing in relative peace.

Minoans
Egyptians
Nuragics
Babylon
Mycenaeans
Indus Valley
Hittites

The material culture of these cultures and the sheer splendor, building projects and wealth they displayed would not be reached until the Roman Empire.

*gets invaded by Sea Germans*
*collapses*

Sea Peoples were not even slightly Germanic, and all things pass away in time, even the age of myths.

I like to daydream about how these societies would have developed, had the collapse not occurred. We could have had Ziggurats on the Moon, smdh.

Everything before the Ionian Revolt seems like distant fantasy.

That's oddly specific, and late, too.

All the great days of Babylon and Assyria were AFTER the bronze age collapse.

Son, Babylon is babby tier. Ziggurats are Sumerian.

And those niggers got rekt before the collapse already.

>you will never attend a comfy Sumerian dinner party
It hurts.

>KIKED

Never trust a Semite.

There was actually a huge population collapse in Europe aswell. The Urnfield mounds stop being built around 1200 BC and population density plummeted.
The temperature drop that caused the droughts in the middle east was caused by an event similar to the younger dryas....north atlantic warming followed by rapid cooling....it would have effect northern Europe temperature-wise a lot more (though not necessarily to the same effect).
also:
Mycenae was literally destroyed and abandoned during the collapse

I love Sumerian art, they always have such friendly faces and big smiles. Not at all like the stern styles of Egypt, or even later Mesopotamians.

The Sumerians were Semites too weren't they? Am I stupid?

Also, that's his grandson.

No, they were an unknown race, their language has no known relatives. Legend has it that they came from beyond the Zagros mountains, and mingled with the native Ubaid culture to create the first real civilization.

They were finnic

>Relative peace
No

No you fucking Mongolshit they were POLISH NORDICS

What an oxymoron, everyone knows Polish are nordic

So...caucasians?

W...we...wuz?

Their language was an isolate as far as we know. We don't know their race or any of that to my basic knowledge on the subject.

Caucasoid certainly, but Semites are also caucasoid so... They weren't Indo Europeans / Aryans, they came to Iraq many thousands of years before any Aryan set foot in Persia.

Poles and Germans are both Nordic :) long live the northern race :)

Poles yes, Germans no (except elite specimen)

>they came to Iraq many thousands of years before any Aryan set foot in Persia.

Aww man ( ._.)

>ooga booga
>muh dik
>only war
I want to go back!

Move to detroit.

We have so much to learn from the ancient Scandinavian people

This is a depiction of the landing of the Scandinavic forces in Toija, Finland (you may know it as Troy), show some damn respect.

But were the Ancient Hellenes Ur-Svensk or Ur-Norsk? Tanum is right next to Oslo

G*rmans are truly the destroyers of civilizations

The Swedes were what we now know as Thebans (Thebes = Täby) hence the preference for buttsex)), the Homeric Peloponnese was originally Sjælland. Norway on the other hand does not make an appearance until the Odyssey, so we can assume that they did not participate in the invasion of Toija.

Cute!
>earthquake
>volcano
>another earthquake
>retarded barbarians
Minoans were too good for this world.

Akrotiri, the Minoan Pompeii, in the 17th century bc the island of There (where the Minoan colony of Akrotiri) lied was hit by a violent vulcanic eruption from its very core

However even if the Minoan civilization was destabilized and many palaces were destroyed as far as in Crete itself, the civilization continued to thrive and the palaces were rebuilt, such as Knossos

Ruins of Akrotiri

Wait the Aryans weren't native to Persia? The fuck did they come from originally?

North pole

Don't turn this in one of those threads please

They came from the Pontic steppe, same place all Indo-Europeans come from.

Was it Atlantis?

They were Poles according to haplogroup evidence

>Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
Atlantis = santorini eruption
however civilization continued quite a while after this so I am going with the invasions of the sea peoples from 1200 BC to 1180 BC, then there is the "secret of steel" which might as well be iron, which was widespread by 900 BC

so somewhere in this 300 year period, probably in the later period when stability returned and iron became popular, of course conan is a complete fabrication with no historicity but it is fun to speculate

Yes. If you divide all the dates and distances in Plato's story by 100, you get Minoan Crete. We know the Minoans thallasocracy made an impression on the Greeks from the myth of the Minotaur, I'm sure a god-sent cataclysm that ended Minoan sea power overnight was likewise commemorated.

Not really, it was a prosperous city but Knossos was even more prosperous, it was just part of the Minoan culture which didn't die out until centuries after the eruption

I'm not, I thought they were native to Persia

You should read Howard's introduction to the Conan stories, it's a fascinating read about made-up lore that ends with the birth of the ancient nations. Btw, Conan happens thousands of years before that, long before even the pyramids.

>ywn live in bronze age Crete

Their culture didn't die out but their fleet was destroyed and with their power was broken forever, It absolutely may as well have been the end of them, for all that they lingered on for a few more centuries before being GREEKED,

Mars before MAD and the conflict with thir moon colony destroyed the atmosphere.

They've lived there for 3,500 years, they're as native as anyone else.

Maybe

Either way saying it was Atlantis is wrong because while the myth might have been loosely inspired by those distant events no civilization or city corresponds to the description of Atlantis: as big as Africa and Anatolia put together, all kinds of metals were found there, beyond the pillars of Hercules, was named Atlantis, etc

Jesus Christ, do you think that because the Greeks can't have killed a million Persians, so the whole story of the Persian invasions of Greece must be fiction?

is this some kind of spengler shit or what