Veeky Forums Careers

What career or job do you have? Is it a Veeky Forums job or does it allow you enough time for gainz?

Other urls found in this thread:

findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Warehouse supervisor for a recycling company.

Building skids and unloading large items (TVs, dishwashers) is great for gainz.

Sitting on my ass doing paperwork or driving around picking up shit for general maintenance is a goblin.

Overall pretty Veeky Forums

I'm a grocery stocker for a company called meijer, just basically a local wal-mart

I start working a new job on the eleventh as a Patient Safety Assistant at the local hospital.

Meijer is a definite 8/10 on the fit spectrum, sometimes its slow but i'm always on my feet lifting something or running around helping someone. Not as taxing if you run which I do, certainly not a roofing level job too.

Start as a bank teller on the 18th.

Currently unemployed but was a chef with a masters in chemistry. Starting a course to do physiotherapy in September but shall probably also study mechanical engineering part time. I suffer from being intelligent but not really having ever had any direction. Parents weren't really into driving me, they were hippies.

Run a small engineering consulting firm.

Desk work. Long hours. Great money.

Steroids and kettlebells are where I get my gains.

I'm a procurement manager for a big retail chain

Considering I am responsible to buy the meat for over 500 shops (and I get as much free meat as I want), yes, it is very Veeky Forums

On the downside, it is very sttessful

I've been working for 8 months as a trainee shipbroker

It's not a Veeky Forums job I sit at an office all day
But I may have to inspect a ship one day and that's really hard work, some ships have holds as deep as a 5-story building. Imagine having to go up and down a ladder 25m tall for all 9 holds just to inspect them and take pictures.
Shit I doubt I could manage right now.

>was a chef with a masters in chemistry

question, do you actually bend at the knees?
I used to work at various warehouses and I've never seen anyone do a full squat when picking something heavy off the floor.
everyone just sort of crouched down and lifted more with their back than their legs.

Just finished my doctorate, trying to find a job and prepare for boards. Right now I have plenty of time for lifting whenever I want, will definitely need to plan shit out once I get a job though.

i own a small construction company, do all the work myself.

really Veeky Forums job because the work is physically very hard.

i go to the gym 4 times a week, then i work about 10 hours, other 3 days i work 12-16 hours.

MedComms

9-5 job, so I have time in the evening to workout

Drug Rehab Counselor

I help addicts get fit since:

1) I'm known as the guy who lifts a shit ton and can run a lot of miles
2) Involving a physical fitness program into their recover has to shown to decrease rates of relapse, help them lose fat from the shitty meals the "dietician" thinks is necessary (she plans shitty meals), and help prevent injuries from when they're being idiots.

I exercise with thrm all the time.

Nurse.

This week I've had only evening shifts and I haven't lifted since last sunday.

hoping to do firefighting

have heard good things from anons on Veeky Forums

its a physical job, you get plenty of time off, and sometimes you get paid to lift at the station

PhD student and sessional instructor. I lift after lectures so I get to stink up my office.

Part time warehouse. Pays $14/hr and i live in a cheap part of the country, so i get by on 20 hrs per week just fine. Go to gym twice per day.

Its a tough job mentally, you'll see some sad shit. Good luck with it anyways

Be a cop instead. Pays better

How did you get this job? I'm interested since just throwing myself into weightlifting and health really helped me get out of addiction

Filthy gaijin english teacher. Shit's great. I squat and OHP my elementary kids and play soccer with my middle school kids.

might be doing something like this soon, seems like a cush job

Formally a receptionist, now a recruitment consultant at the same place after 2 months, not sure if it was my work ethic or l33t gains.

Physician currently specializing.
Definitely not optimal for gains, but when you get the routine going it works just fine. I have to do my training before going to work, otherwise I will be too tired.

>Run a small engineering consulting firm.

How long are you running ? How did you start ? Starting capital ? Where did you find clients ? What kind of engineering ?

More info please, engineering major here (parents forced me, lel). Always wanted to have my own business.

P-please respond.

I shadowed with my local department for one of my classes at college, and I ended up seeing a few decently gnarly calls (one guy ended up dying, he was older but we came to his house and they did CPR on him + Epi while his wife and daughter were in the room). It was sad for sure, but I was able to handle it and not lose any sleep. I think thats a good sign.

not totally concerned with pay and Id say being a cop is more difficult to get into, less rewarding, and people hate you a lot more

Native speaker ? I wonder how hard is it land an english teacher job as a non native speaker.

Honestly if I was the one hiring I would expect perfect accent, native speaker, etc.

My job itself required a degree since I do clinical services like diagnosing, risk assessments, and therapy groups. However, you can get what we call "line staff" with just a high school diploma. Look for residential treatment places in your area. I'm going to assume you're in the US? If so, you can look at findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ and see if there's any residential or inpatient treatment in your area.

I do spearfishing charters in florida.

>being a wagecuck
You all are never going to make it.

Been running 15 years now total.

Sarted with a bunch of friends from school.

Our parents fronted us capital. I come from a family of bankers, one of my partners is European nobility, and most of the others come from 1% families, too. Burned through $10MM in seed money in 5 years before they cut us off and we went bankrupt and started over finding our own funding here and there from contacts we'd made and hadn't totaly alienated.

Clients are leg work and networking. Former school friends and profs would put us in contact with people who could use us. Then references and following up and more following up. And doing great work.

We did petroleum engineering until recently, but we've been moving over to chemical engineering in general.

General tips: don't go it alone. Make sure at least one person in your group understands business and accounting. Don't make big bets that will bankrupt you in one go.

Not everyone is a trust fund babby, kiddo. And nearly all of those who are won't have their fortunes by the time their kids are grown.

Lifeguard at my gym
Go to work an hour before to fit in a workout then just sit on my phone for 6 hours :)

Engineer at a petrochemical company. 40 hour weeks with flexible schedules. Plenty of time for lifting.

You seem like a nice guy, but it's just absurd to hear this.

>Burned through $10MM

There's like half a dozen flips in the same company. They claim to want 12 years of English education but if you've got the language proficiency qualifications to back it up you're probably good. If you're already in japan doubly so.

You a cop, fám? Can I pick your brain about the job?

Because that's how you lift shit up when working.
You don't check your form and adjust your position just to be able to lift 6 things off the ground and then get tired for a minute or more. You just do it the most time- and energy-saving way.

Source: raised at a Slavic farm, used to lift heavy equipment and other stuff.

Med student

Not a lot of time, but i try to lift at least 5 times a week

I do use proper form whenever I lift heavy. I can because I'm a supervisor and do what I want. I make sure all the other young people do to. All of my

Interesting.

So even with a large initial capital you guys went bankrupt. Was it due to inexperience or lack of clients/lack of advertising or overflowing market ?

How did you guys got back up ?

It's actually closer to 30 if you count all the contracts and patents we fucked ourselves out of. And this was right at the peak of the last economic bubble, too. At least we finished in the black once all the accounts were settled. Even if it wasn't enough to buy pizza.

A couple of us spent a couple years in B school after our premature death, and we started back up right as the crash of '08 happened so we picked up equipment for basically nothing on the dollar.

Luckiest boys in tne world, really.

Cheers. Nice dubs.

Stupid decisions and inexperience. We were competent at the engineering but nothing else and too arrogant to hire help.

More here:

Statistician.
>brian gains
>demanding hours, but get paid a shit ton

It's a good career and you get a shit ton of respect.

Cool story brah.

I run shipping and receiving for Real Doll, the most famous sex toy company in the world. It's 70% desk work 30% light labor. Not Veeky Forums but I work full time, go to school at night, and hit the gym for 2 hours every other day... I think about killing myself daily.

An actual statistician with a PhD, or an actuary?

>NEET
>literally nothing I enjoy in life but lifting
>too autistic to be a PT

what do you do when you're not lifting?

All you need to do is spout broscience and show normies how machines work while shilling spin classes et al

Looks like he posts pepe memes on Veeky Forums.

And sell protein powder.

Electrician, some days I'm too tired after work to go to the gym but those are the ones where I get a pretty good workout at work so I'd say it isn't too bad

gas plant operator. i walk around a whole bunch and sometimes climb some ladders. it's not exactly Veeky Forums but it's not sitting at a desk either.

Shitpost.

Pharmacy Intern at Meijer here. Love my job, pretty good pay, great hours, great coworkers. I have plenty of time to hit the gym and have a life while still making great money. Stand in a little air conditioned box from earliest 7:30am to 9pm at the latest counting drugs and typing scripts.

qualifications to get job?
I know that shit is good money

How to make mefth?

> 730-2100
> great hours

Start a business. Sell labware to the idiots who do molecular gastronomy or something.

Dont forget about the standing in a little box part.

how to get job pls

Maintenance guy at some apartment buildings. Get to build and fix stuff, use power tools, and work with my hands all day so it's usually interesting. Lots of walking, running up stairs, climbing ladders, so it's pretty fit I'd say. It's always nice catching the occasional 'mire from a qt3.14 tenant too

Paramedic, am i Veeky Forums approved?

I don't hate on what cops do, but with all the niggers and shit rioting lately I wouldn't want to deal with that

I appreciate people who can handle it though

Not the guy you replied to, but I'm a cop in the DC area, what do you want to know?

Do you eat your weight in takeout?

>stinky PhD student

PAJEET MY SON

No, i prep meals why?

>Network Engineer
>Have to pull all nighters at least 3 times a month for work

Employment is a gains goblin

Most people who post the wagecuck meme are welfare/autismbux leeches

Firefighter for a large city. Part-time studying software development for second career or something to do when I'm old.

>college student
>nothing has the slightest appeal to me
>like working out so everyone says i should be a PT but seems retarded and takes 8 fucking years
Figured since im good at math might as well be an engineer but that also has 0 appeal to me.

Never watched one of your coworkers slowly get fat as he ordered six or eight takeout meals during a 24 hour shift?

That described nearly every one of my coworkers when I was a paramedic.

Pharmacy Meijer has almost no similarity to the rest of the store, the pay is shit outside that little box I assure you. At least in MI it is. The people are always cool memesters though.

Officer in army
>bretty nice.

>he doesn't stink after sweating
LOW TEST
O
W

T
E
S
T

Eletrical Lineman, you may not be climbing all the time but you will have bad ass shoulders, forearms, grip, and upper back even if you just work out of a "bucket".

I worked on the ground for 2 years and caught my trainer mirin my traps

What you like about the job, what you hate about it. If you had the opportunity to do everything again, would you still pick being a cop. What you think are the most important assets or characteristics for a cop.

1 year of schooling to get my 4th class power engineering cert, going back in the fall and i'll have my 3rd (canada here). I think in the US you can just walk in and run high pressure boilers and shit, but they probably hire mil people with experience running that shit. More about knowing someone who can get you a job with oil in the shitter atm though. And yes the money is good. Working night shift atm, most people sleep for 4 hours or watch movies because there's nothing going on.

Start a business.

Yo how competitive is it to get hired at a large city, I hear there's like 3-4 times the number of applicants as spots open.

What can I do to improve my chances?

Why did you quit? Also what country?

Have to do a degree now in England.

I wouldn't work 730-9 every day. That's just the time the pharmacy is open. An 8 hour shift somewhere in that time frame leaves plenty of time for hobbies and a family. I'm happy standing in the box.

For a pharm tech job at meijer, apply online, then walk in, ask to speak to the pharmacy manager, and make it known that you are interested in the job and tell them that you've applied. They will pay for your training and get you licensed. Techs in my area start making $10 an hour, with 2 $1 raises that come as fast as you are able to take advancement testing, and yearly raises. It isn't the best pay, but it is a good entry level job, and it looks pretty okay on a resume, especially if you are going into the medical field. Best of luck to you.

Be amazing. Have experience.

.mil will make you a firefighter

How hard is it to become a firefighter? Any tips? I'm getting EMT certified soon, I know I can pass the CPAT easily, I have a college degree in Athletic Training with a 3.7 GPA. I have one connection to a woman who knows a lot of firefighters (current and retired) in the Boston area, and I'm trying to get some connections there to work out going to the Fire Academy and etc.

Currently going into the USMC for four years, so that should help

Got hurt (back) and couldn't work. Went back to school. Still in school for comp sci.

Am britcop. Job is fairly fit. Lot of walking. Very little running lots of paperwork.

Free gym in the nick and discounts everywhere is gud

That sucks, did you enjoy it otherwise?

Do you guys actually arrest people for not paying their telly tax, or is that just a meme?

USA. Need an EMT-P cert here, which is basically a one year degree.

You are absolutely right. I know, and I wish that weren't the case. If it makes it any better, all floor workers at my store and most of the stores I float to are cool.

Work on a field crew in a 8,600 acre nature reserve. Run chainsaws, hike miles of trails a day, drive atvs/utvs/tractors daily and kill invasive species. Lift heavy things.Hard as fuck some days but I like it. Sometimes even go an entire week without seeing a member of the public.

Great job. I'd still be doing it if I could. Back is fine now, but I'm medically disqualified according to my former employer's insurance company.

Office jobs minus a commute are the best for making gains, hard physical jobs (construction) are generally not good, office jobs with a serious commute are the worst.

I just want a minimal job to support myself. Having the stress of running a business would drive me to suicide.

Small business. Sell shit on ebay or whatever. One or two days a week. Lots of scripts to do the work. Easy couple grand a month.