Who else here /depressed/ because they didn't get into Crypto sooner

who else here /depressed/ because they didn't get into Crypto sooner

>tfw biz would come to every board and tell you to go invest in crypto
>tfw thought they were just meming and it was a scam

i should have listened

yes

I wish this was the root cause of my depression

but surely money would help

3 years ago I was seeing it start to appear but being a stupid kid I didn't understand. My life is now nothing but regret.
All this money that I've missed out on. It hurts so bad. When will the pain stop?

im depressed i didn't bang anna in college....fucking anna. Such a tight body.

you didnt lose money you never intended to invest in.

It's fine user, once we're in Lamboland it'll only sting a little bit

I tried to get in at $600 but didn't have enough money to invest seriously and got discouraged by the dip to $300.

Now there is really is no point in investing anymore because it will probably be regulated soon and any altcoins being shilled to you to make cash really are just scams.

also you can still get in, its not really too late. If you drop in on eth even now you still have a high probability of doubling your money vs what a fucking measly 3% return if you throw it into some ETF or worse the market fucking tanks because its all one big fucking bubble right now.

also fuck Anna, she was nuts.

>be me
>depression gets bad again
>decide to go see shrink
>mention to him that money is the most important thing in the world
>looks at me like I'm a jew
>he asks me if I would lend him $5
>nigga what?! hell no
>asks why
>because you've got a job and charge poor saps $200 a fucking hour

user its ok we are still way ahead of everyone else. Crypto hasnt even reached early adoption yet. There is still time, as long as you put in you rmoney now im sure you will make it. The only shit actually in use right now is bitcoin and barely, imagine what happens when everyone is using this stuff on every device every day. We havent even started senpai.

Even the cryptoarket is a bubble.

Literally everything going on in the economy right now is a big fucking bubble. Land, gold, stocks, everything.

Kind of. I'd have probably sold BTC/ETH early on though.
Also I didn't have an income prior to last year so it was hard for me to justify speculating on crypto back then.

this, but thats ok because people are irrational and still buy. also theres a good chance money will flock to crypto during the next crash theres no way it wont. does anyone disagree with that?

I think the only real argument to be had is if economic crash will coincide with societal crash as well.

The only ones getting rich are the ones exchanging real money into crypto at abusively large fees.
The whole purpose of the blockchain was to prevent bankers taking large chunks of your money at every transfer. And here we are.

>be me
>investing 30k in real estate in 2008
>investing 30k in real estate in 2009
>invest 10k in stocks in 2010
>invest 10k in a startup
>2011, spend a month reading up on bitcoin
>consider buying on mt gox
>they close down making accounts or depositing during a 2011 summer flash crash
>tell myself Ill get in later, get 2 btc off of bitcointalk
>get busy with startup, make okay money
>business starts failing, spend money trying to save it, it fails
>spend almost a decade in the ups and downs of tech startups
>end up essentially broke in 2017
>all i had to do was buy bitcoin

IKTF too well. A bunch of people had a shit ton of fun on /pol/ all day during the election then just stumbled upon and got rich. I was still on /pol/ and /r9k/ for like 8 fucking months after the election

This is pretty much your last chance to get rich if you're smart and you can read the whales and pump and dump shitcoins smartly, but yeah otherwise the ship has sailed. Invest in crypto if you want to not be poor after everything gets fucked.

I can't see crypto staying as an asset much longer.

I didn't even know what bitcoin was until like 2014.

I want to invest in crypto, but I don't want to be scammed at the exchange.

yes

i have 40k in crypto and i still wanna kms

>years ago spent thousands on cam whores
>only bought as much btc I needed for each cam show
>did not keep any of it
>turned cam whores into millionaires while I was left with nothing

are you me? 48k and I'm just done with life.

its all or nothing, really

i wont cash out until its enough to quit my job and never work again, and until then, i wont be happy

>implying you will be happy after

I'll never have to work a day in my life user, I have all the time and freedom to do as please.
Once the novelty wears off and you run out of things you couldn't do before you'll feel the same except with no external factor to blame.

jesus christ man this hurts my bones

>be me young man filled with rage for not buying earlier
>read this
>don't feel so bad

yeah ouch man fuck you coulda been a millionaire and a big whale right now

just get a hobby

you obviously dont know how shitty real wagecucking is then

No no, I fully realize how it sucks more, I'm just saying there is no salvation or elation to be had even if you were free.

idk, at least having a life to live would be nice

most of us will spend the majority of our lives making you 1%ers more money than you can spend

then we die

I was here in 2013 but left because i got annoyed with all the memecoins. Made a coinbase account in 2015 but never actually bought anything.
Started buying in June after hearing about ethereum..

>having a life to live

That's the cruel ironic joke of it user, people who get rich quick are free to do anything they want but they all do the same thing, they secure themselves, they build a gigantic comfortable prison for themselves, their either cut their social contacts or social contacts lose all meaning, they'll get a spouse to fill the void but find out that no matter what it's all on a timer no matter how much you like the other. You lose trust and all drive.

so dont do the same thing?

nobodys making you waste your life

if you ever wanna trade, lemme know

I know we have to invest what we can afford to loose but this is the last run in crypto so I took 10.000 euros from my bank. Get rich or die tryin fuck off. I want to work and help others when I will be secure

I've had several opportunities in different fields where looking back its like, fuck, I could have been a millionaire.

I'm working on a startup now I'm excited about so my rage can go into that.

Things could always be worse though, we could have no opportunities remaining. Need to go hard at every opportunity you believe in though, will only get so many trys.

thats exsctly the same people said in 2012. Think about it realistically.
I started to track BTC when it was at 7$, my thougths about it: "wtf is this and why it has a value" I really didnt thouth that it would be worth something in the future.
My problem at that time was simple I hadnt enough money at that time and to enter the market. mtgox didnt feel safe back then and the process to get it wasnt that simple, so I didnt took the time to go deep with it.
Anyway I stopped trackin it after 1/2weeks and then boom I got a push notification from a financial site Bitcoin is down 50% and I just thougth: well I am happy that I didnt bougth. I opened the notification with a chart attached and I just falled off of my seat. it went from 7$ to 230$ and was down at 110$.
I decided to go balls deep with this shit, opend a account to buy some and finally got it 75$.

But nobody thougth it will reach 1000$ within a year or 5000$. Evryone just buyed because it was like something to believe in.
But today evryone as $$ in the eyes and just buy because of $$ and think this will go to 10k 20k 100k sometime. Back then nobody thougth that....

aw man. it will get better when whole of this crypto market collapses

Don't even worry boys. There's still a couple moon shots left, and more will appear. The key is to stick with it. Look for promising ICOs. Look for actual projects with real world use cases. HODL, or take profits and keep grinding on. Bitcoin was up 400% this year, who's to say it wont be up 100% in 2018? 200%?

We are all still early adopters. JPMorgan just fudded the whole market to buy in. There are still life changing gains to be made, if only you stick with this and keep every dollar you can lose in the game. We are all going to make it.

Back in 2010 I both heard about and understood it. In 2013 I kept hearing about it and understood it and still didn't buy in even though I knew it would rocket.

After the first crash I started telling people that bitcoin would cost as much as an ounce of gold again someday.

After the second time it reached 1000 I finally woke up, prayed to the Good Lord for a wagecuck job, got one, finally started buying bitcoins with my wagecuck money.

Now I've got some BTC and a bit of a particular shitcoin I think may do well.

Moral of the story: best time was yesterday, second best time is NOW. Stop your cuckrying and get in already.

>came to Veeky Forums because of robinhood threads a couple years ago
>constant threads about this new crypto called "ethereum" and how it's going to change crypto forever
>it was like 13 cents at the time

I thought I was so smart for not buying $1k bitcoin before it crashed the first time
Thought it'd never recover

Now Robinhood threads barely exist.

I don't believe in free will. I don't believe things in the past could have gone any other way. So looking back seems pointless to me. I don't regret.

That just means I'm a retard doomed to perpetual failure
I've got to at least hope it'll stop sometime

Investments of both stocks and bitcoins are literally my last chance to not end up homeless, if this doesn't work, I'm screwed.

Just learn from your mistakes and never dwell on past fuck-ups. I maid a $500 error and would have given me a $2000 profit by now if I hadn't messed up. Point is, if you worry about past profit loss, what could have been, you'll drive yourself insane. In this game only remember what to look out for in the future.

Not really. I try spend my days wisely. That's the best I can do.

Heard about it back in 2011. I was super depressed at the time and had zero motivation, but that's still not an excuse to not have spent £100 on it.

Also, I was bluepilled at the time. People may not think that has anything to do with it, but if you aren't jaded towards the modern financial world and banking, then you won't see the value of crypto.

Life is the cruelest teacher: first the test, then the lesson.

im depressed because I was literally within an instant of getting into it when BTC was under $50

My old best friend who I'd known since I was like 7, he was always the entrepreneurial type whereas I really wasn't, never cared much about money growing up or even through my teens/early 20s - he was always trying to make a buck wherever he could.

Anyway at one point he started an online business and decided to accept BTC as payment. This was around the time they were ~$10-50 range. He had actually offered me a 50/50 partnership on that business beforehand since with my education and the fact that he knew and trusted me, he figured it made sense. I actually did consider his offer though for a good week or so, hummed and hawed but ultimately said no.

The rest is pretty much history, his business succeeded, had low overhead, he amassed shitloads of BTC, obviously converting many of them to USD at the time to expand his business and work towards other ideas, but he retained a lot of them as well. Now he's a multi millionaire and I'm wagecucking for $50k/year. Sometimes I think about killing myself but I don't have the balls.

>10k 20k 100k
try 1mil

>50k/y
>bad

At least you get to invest actual amounts of money on the ICO revolution. You missed the currencies, but you get the start-ups.

ya thats true, im doing okay with crypto now, i just have to chuckle that i used to be one of those doubters - my old friend would talk about Bitcoin a lot and I'd be the type of person to call it a big scam or that "it'll never pass $100", I'm pretty sure I said that to him verbatim years back. Now here I am playing in the sandbox while he's living the dream. Oh well. And yea 50k isn't awful, just compared to where I could have been in life it's not as good.

You could be a porrfag like me. 1k is all I can afford to invest. I'm going to have to watch tokens moon and know that I knew that they would, but not be able to buy them.

What I've been telling myself (and it could be that I'm just coping) is that if I did take an interest in Bitcoin early, I probably would've sold early as well and I still wouldn't have anything today. Just like the 20 bitcoin pizza and the drugs on deep web, not that I blame the people that spent BTC / sold early. Who the fuck knew Crypto could get this big? Obviously the best time to get into crypto already passed but I believe we're in the "second best time to get in" phase. We have a history behind us that we can learn from and better tools to work with and we're in the ICO revolution where you can make money off of literally any shitcoin. You do have to work for it, you can't just pick some unicorn and "HODL" and hope you'll be a millionaire in 2 years but the normies that will get into crypto 2-3 years from now wish they got in today.

The time is now friend, be gratefull you are here now instead of 5 years later

cheers satan

Ask him for a job wtf

Chainlink is still under 50 cents.

It'll easily hit 1$ that's just a 350mil market cap.

The question is how quickly will it overtake omisego's market cap

Which would put it just over 2.50

And then ripples market cap which would put it over 22$

Then a year or two from now when the overall crypto market cap is raised and we hypothetically say it reaches ethereums current market cap

That will put each link token at 85$

Screen cap this

Copypasta from my other posts but it's still not too late to ride a good moon mission guys

>Who the fuck knew Crypto could get this big?
The matchstick hasn't been lit yet.

If I had enough money to not work, I would get married and travel with my spouse. Like around the world without using airplanes or something like that.

I invested 2 years ago but the general mood was “it's over, governments will ban it, it can't scale“ so I only got my feet wet and through $500 at it. Fuck me, 2 years later and nothing has changed apart from the price going up steadily.
All. Fucking. In. This time I'll make it

How is land a bubble!? Only scenario where demand would go down was in some mass dying events.

And even then i d buy the dip.

He's talking city property markets.

same here for maya

in a way in the US it is because the currency is getting debased and much of the value is due to false scarcity from land use regulations

I did last year but forgot about it, didn't have enough money to invest.
I think I bought BTC in 2013 or even 2009, but again only small amounts.

LINKers trying to fucking compare themselves to a coin with the stamp of approval of VB himself is so cute.

I can't wait until November when I'll never hear of LINK again

bl

yeh everyone is link mad so it irritates you... but link will be around for a long time... so i guess when everyone is going on and on about their gains, you will fuck off from Veeky Forums and we will never have to hear from you again.

Honestly this is one of the only promising tokens

I had great opportunities, if I had just bought more ANS for example

At least you didn't buy PC parts with BTC on newegg
I'd be worth millions right now

People remember the booms but they forget the plummets

I was alreasy depressed, but the idea i could have bought 10,000 bitcoin 5 years ago and id be rich as fuck doesnt help

And now clearly buying at the top and a bunch of alt coins that are literally high risk startups is not helping

Stocks are a fucking waste of time.

People pay wealth managers to get the returns we get in a day that they get in a year. Let that sink in.

I've been in crypto for 4 years! found biz a year ago. feels good desu

And what room is there left for Bitcoin latecomers? Anything new is only possible to make money on if you somehow know to buy before the pump.

had some in 2011 for poker and shit but never saved any because im retarded. i scoured my old hard drives for evidence of any old wallets or keys but no luck. i also had a mt gox wallet.

coulda invested half of my savings as a poor student when I knew how to buy btc just over 2 years ago
if I had I'd have £50k and hopefully more had I been intelligent enough to buy altcoins like eth
that being said I wagecucked at KFC over the summer to save 3k and since september I've gotten to 8.5k
I held OMG and NEO bags for ages but thanks biz for the WTC and LINK tip

we all could have been millionaires had we known and had iron hands, but there's still plenty of time before normo's and big business gets serious about crypto

Shitcoins and other altcoins. Now it's harder, but you can still make money.

And how are we supposed to figure out how and when shitcoins are gonna get pumped?

I'm already way up thanks to ETH and ANS. If LINK moons even a little I'm legit a richfag. Just Want it to hurry up and happen.

It's already too late by the time you have people shilling for this shit. It's pretty apparent when cryptofags were contained in their own general for a few years when performance was garbage. Now they're out spamming the board with their shit again, but it will recess like before.

pic?

You can still buy now. you won't be a millionaire but you have ample time to double your investment by just buying btc and holding for a couple years. it's a good investment just not insane.

Do fundamental analysis a.k.a. read the white paper. Sure, you can gamble on shitcoins, but the value investors always win in the end.

I hate all of you

>I heard about at 1k omg could've invested!!!!!!
Everyone heard about it since mtgox, you were never close to investing in it. Deal with it and stop posturing like you couldve gotten rich

>you didnt lose money you never intended to speculate in.

Fixed. That's like saying you are pissed off at yourself for not spending money on slot machines because other people eventually get a jackpot.

Now onto actual investing, all the people depressed about not buying coins when they were just getting started is dumb and would never have invested in anything anyways. There are tangible start up companies popping every day that you could be investing in but you don't. Keep crying about your imaginary coins, I'm sure that'll work out for you.

link is gonna dip within 14 hours, can't wait for the wojaks.

Oh, it's a source of endless frustration for me. I've always been a bit of an IT nerd, and I knew a fair bit about Bitcoin almost from the beginning back in 2009. I found it interesting, but I always had in mind that the way you got involved in the platform was through mining. At that point I was actually without a desktop comfort for a while, and just using a laptop at work that seemed ill suited. By the time I revisited mining around 2011, I realized it wasn't really going to be profitable.

It didn't occur to me to actually buy BTC as an investment for quite some time, even though I had plenty of disposable income and could have done so. Looking at it from like 2013-2015, I kept thinking that the price had gone up so much that I'd missed the boat. It wasn't until last year that I sat down and really analyzed crypto's potential as an asset class that I decided to go in with a portion of my investment portfolio.

I try not to think too much about what might have been had I come to this conclusion much sooner...

It's pretty easy to speculate if you know exactly what's going to be pnd'd.

I did, lost thousands, left the market only to find out everything went 10x on me and I missed out on tens of thousands.

Extremely angry at myself. This was my one chance to not be homeless and now it looks like everything is over.