I have realized that I am a bad person. What can I do about it?

Whenever I look at my past, I realize that I have hurt so many people. I haven't been a great son or grandson or a friend. I have rejected people who meant nothing but good for me. I have had so many cowardly moments that had made me refrain from doing the right thing and instead do what is convenient. And I think I am still that person. Has anyone felt the same way? Any advice?

Join an organisation which fosters moral development. Freemasons, for example, is mainly about helping the community and having your brothers' backs should they come upon hard times. Rotary, Lions, etc all have similar underpinnings.

I feel pretty much exactly the same way. And you're right that it's a form of cowardice. I've not changed so I can't give you advice -I guess being aware of your shortcomings is a good start. I'd also caution against being hypercritical about your past or neurotic about your future decisionmaking.

I will also say that joining the Freemasons in order to become a better person is a laughably bad idea.

How to join Freemasons?

>emailed them asking how to join
>no response

Read books from men who struggled to live a good life and learn from them.

Guilt is a useless feeling.

Literally call your local grand lodge.

This 100x.
One of the best books I've ever read. You really need to take it in though. If you just read it willy nilly, you won't gain anything from it

Stay a bad person user.
When you are a good person everyone will do bad things to you.

People will do bad things to you if you're a good person or not though. The least one can do is break the cycle.

When you're a bad person, people think it's okay to do bad things to you, kiddo.

Sorry Bruh. God's love is worth more than a few toys. I'm pretty sure my soul is as well.

Enjoy living forever in this shit hole you call earth but I could care less about this place or the miserable dirt walking around that you call people. You appreciate nothing and I've worked my whole life and received nothing.

Oh well most of you will die anyway. I'll stand by and laugh as it takes place.

I'm not helping to protect any of you. I hope the foreigners have their way with your daughters and mothers and breed them as well.

Congratulations humans. Your time is up!

Best part is...you thought you were going to live forever. Fucking morons.

Enjoy the wrath of lucifer :)

I used to feel this way but now i iust take what i want and do what i will haha >:] im a bad boy now

lmaoing at your whole entire life.

The god damn regret! That is what kills me. Turned right when I should have went hard left so many times.

I think most people are like this OP.

I think I might be a sociopath so when big choices come up I try to make sure my inner bastard doesn't make the decision.

Aurelius is awesome. Also have a wall.

I don't know if it's possible to become good. But if you fake it enough other people don't have to know.

I think that almost makes you more good if that makes sense.

As an example, due to my nature or the way I was raised or whatever doing the "right" thing usually just comes totally naturally. For example I've found several wallets purses etc in my lifetime and it never even occurred to me to look in them for money before returning them. I think the guy that considers that option and rejects it is probably a more "good" person than me who just follows my instincts.

in the immortal words of jim jefferies: try not to be a cunt

we're not perfect and we're literally hardwired to always try for the easy way out

being aware of it and actively trying to always make the good is the best we can do

*tips fedora*

Lmao at you selling your soul and being damned forever for nothing. But hey you got that nice play family right :)

You were out witted by a boy with all the power at your disposal. You will never destroy what I am friend :)

So do you speak Russian or Chinese. Perhaps even english. All this for little ol' me. I'm honored.

Nevertheless I have no interest in joining the damned

Pretty sure god frowns upon people who don't pair up and make more humans. Sounds like you dun fucked up.

Unless I already did several times over. For such an all knowing force you aren't very bright. Oh right you're reading data from this right lol.

You're a joke

No wonder the genes of your people are so shit that you want bio implants. God should just do away with you all honestly. Noah's ark style would be best so you don't cause the mess you already have

Well that doesn't sound monogamous, god doesn't like that either. Guess I'll be seeing you in hell fella.

Yeah somehow I highly doubt that. You sold your soul not me but nice try though. Psyops don't work on people aware of what's going on by the way.

Just an fyi. Every breathe I draw passes you soul sellers off and I laugh in your face. God loves me bruh

Although I must say I do enjoy being your labrat. Unfortunately my gifts won't help most of the idiot people since they are too stupid to take care of themselves.

It makes you so mad to see the blind faith that someone like me has. I smell it on you everyday I leave my house

Christ says love thy neighbor and if I'm close enough to smell why don't you love me?

I am not here to bring peace. Christ was killed.

Totes on purpose though. Unless you're questioning his omnipotence.

There is nothing you can do about the past.
Just recognize you made mistakes and move on with your life, hoping not to make them again.

Creator does not equal creation

Move cities. Run and become a new person that takes care of themself.
If you're done whining about how bad of a person you were go back and prove yourself wrong by making up for damage.

This sounds like some cringy pasta shit but it actually works.
Dealt with depression and behaved like shit. Didn't even realize how much I hurt others with my selfish actions.
After having a fresh start I'm now visiting old friends and help wherever I can.
You have to change yourself in order to change yourself.

Why should I want a better world for any of you. For what purpose. Look at the way you live everyday. You don't appreciate life. You waste it.

Why do you deserve to continue when so many others have not?

Pray and ask God to be forgiven. And live better than you did before.

Be a good person even if the whole world is drenched in evil

Prayer changes things for everyone. You don't have to be an evil fuck all your life everyone.

Stop living in the 7 deadly sins. And start living the right way. Ask to be forgiven

Has this been translated to good english somewhere?

Atone. Strive to be a better person in the here and now. Let your sins push wind under your wings and move you to do good.

Your computers won't mean much once the power goes out. Then the real monsters will come out

what are you on about?

Just do what you know is inherently right and take time out of your day to address how you should act.
I'm prone to explosive bouts of rage that end just as quickly, ended quite a few relationships.
Took years of self induced cognitive behavioral therapy. Now instead of being an edgy fuck who wants to cut someones head off during the moment, I just think chill bro you don't mean that thought. The anger is still there, much like your desire to be a "bad" person. It doesn't go away, it's a part of your ego, your secret self. Just like people with addictions who successful conquer them will always have that thought in the back of their head saying they want a drink or a smoke.
The ego is in control, you need to learn to let it know you're in control.

Do a strong/heroic mushroom dose... Your perspective on life will change forever

OP here- thank you all for your responses. I will think on and consider all of them.