People who are so intimidated by squats they'll use any excuse to avoid them

>people who are so intimidated by squats they'll use any excuse to avoid them

Jesus christ how can you even call yourself a man being such a little bitch?

>muh back problem
>muh knee problem

Weird thing everyone has all the shoulder health in the world to do benchpress lmao, enjoy kyphosis and disproportionate physique fucking faggot

Just admit it already, you think its tough to squat, or you're afraid of standing under a heavy weight, you goddamn wuss lmao

>people who are so intimidated by stretching and proper form they'll use any excuse to avoid them

I hated squats until I started squatting with a belt and olympic shoes.

I feel that most people after years of sedentary lifestyles need a belt and oly shoes for the lift to be comfortable to perform properly.

The belt taught me to how to brace my core properly (which fixed the back problems I had with squatting)

And the olympic shoes fixed my mobility issues i had with feet...(they allow me to go ATG without any mobility problems)

If you take away the belt and oly shoes from me I'd 100% quit squatting.

Best way to stretch my ankles/loosen them up so I can squat deep?

I would love to squat unfortunately I lack the mobility to do an impeccable squat

>would love to squat
>i want to squat so bad
>goddamn wish i could squat

>do mobility? LMAO FUCK THAT

kill yourself

see what i said here give people oly shoes and a belt, and they'll suddenly like squatting.

trust me. only genetically gifted and slavs can squat weight properly without any assistance.

Why do you need the belt???

>ankles
strange way to spell hips

ive never seen the problem with squating

used to be intimidated by deadlifts though, i feel like if youre form is wrong you'll fuck up your back way more

>ankle mobility is not one of the biggest factors for a deep skwot

stop making this thread

What if I just straight up dont enjoy doing squats? Like if im doing deadlifts and glute exercises im not gonna get left behind if I dont do squats

Deadlifts are hamstring and glute dominant, you're left behind in terms of quads.

You don't need a belt but get oly shoes immediately

retard here. Never trained mobility so breaking past parallel was hard. When I finally did I think I hurt my hip flexors. It hurts to walk now. It's been a month. How do I fix this?

I've actually recently hurt my back squatting tho.. scared to do it again.

Dont forget to tip your fedora you edgelord.
Fuck you with your squats, only gymfedoras care about that shit.

you literally started lifting less than 6 months ago

I envy anyone with a gym that has more than 1 squat rack. Mine has 1 and there's always a queue

Is squatting barefoot the next best thing to actual lifting shoes?
I've seen multiple guys at gym do this.

Preaching to the,choir here man. I squat 4-5 times a week.

Mine has one. It has to double as the bench area and its attached to the only platform.

Thankfully almost no-one actually uses it. Those of us who do have worked out a rota so every training crew can actually get shit done.

the next best thing would be something like converse all-stars, but if you're going to buy shoes for lifting then get real lifting shoes. they're not THAT much more expensive than converse, and much better.

barefoot is better than other types of shoes, though. most shoes are made with compressible soles which is a huge problem for squatting. if you don't have shoes with flat, incompressible soles then it's better to squat barefoot.

I have flat feet. I hate squats because my knees can't go in line with my toes
Dead lifts are great, and DESU power and push jerks are pretty good quad workouts. Same with the catch of a clean

I do mobility every day m8. I foam roll, warm up to static stretches. I've been to a physiologist (sports medicine) who told me verbatim that some people 'are just not meant to be that flexible'

BUT LMAO IT'S COOL TO BE AN EARLY 20'S KNOW IT ALL ON THE INTERNET LOLOLOL

Kill yourself

>i used to squat 20years ago when i was your age but then i had a back accident

>>and you have not done even one squat since then?

>yes, my back pain made it impossible and i still have it today!

I dont have the heart to tell these guys that they could have rehabbed their back squatting from zero up and avoided this unfixable situation 2 decades later

>have buddy who has been lifting for about 6 months longer than me
>talk to him about lifting sometimes
>he tells me about his brosplit
>he tells me he absolutely positively hates squats and hates "leg day" and skips legs all the time
>he goes to the gym 5 times a week
>I go 3 times a week
>mfw I surpassed him in all the main compound lifts
>mfw my upper body is stronger than his and he focuses all on upper body while I enjoy working my lower body more
>mfw he acts like he knows all about lifting and didn't even know what "PPL" stood for when I started talking to him about routines
>mfw my previous gym buddy is now working out with him and neither of them are them are ever gonna make it

I actually do have a knee problem tho