Is it true that you can eat whatever you want as long as you exercise?

is it true that you can eat whatever you want as long as you exercise?

i went a mile on an elliptical machine at the max level for 15 minutes and then ate Jimmy Johns submarine sandwich and a bag of crisps. Am I healthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18uQEymsCrY
youtube.com/watch?v=d8iwkL1W3Yw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>is it true that you can eat whatever you want as long as you exercise?
well, yes, I can, but then I've never been fat and "eating whatever I want" basically means eating normally with maybe a snack from time to time. (You) probably can't, however.

No you can't.

15 minutes of cardio is like 200 calories if you're going hard af, easily out done by even just a small bag of chips.

This is painfully obvious bait, but I'm fucking sure Veeky Forums will swallow hook, line, and sinker.

it was 171 calories

the crisps were 280 calories i dont know how much the sandwich was

No amount of exercise would allow you to eat the sun.

And there are lots of things that you could eat but would have a bad effect on your health, no matter how much exercise you do, like Uranium.

Anyways, if you mean can you lose weight or stay thin if you exercise enough, no matter what food you eat: sure.

Most people fail at doing this though because the amount of exercise required is too much to handle, or to fit into the rest of their lives.
Also, it's hard to accurately tell how much energy you're consuming when you exercise, since it's so variable. Many calculators make horrible basic mistakes, like saying an hour of running burns 500 calories, when what it means is an hour of existing burns 100 calories, and the running adds about 400 to that, and that may or may not include "afterburn", or the calories to heal any damage, or improve your condition and adapt to that level of exercise.

The general advice holds that you should exercise for health, diet for fat loss.

>the crisps were 280 calories i dont know how much the sandwich was

Exactly, so you out did all your hard cardio with a little over half the bag of chips.

Cut shit like chips and soda out of your diet completely.

It only takes like a month to train yourself to not eat like a fat cunt

but im not trying to lose weight so i dont need to eat at a caloric deficit, just trying to be healthy

Well that depends on your interpretation of the word healthy.

What if I've always been at a healthy weight and can literally eat whatever and not gain weight. Am I healthy this way even if I eat frozen pizza and ramen noodles? And exercise? I eat a handful of spinach a day and some fruit.

even if you use the calories and stay thin the bad fats and cholesterol circulating in your bloodstream will still harden your arteries and create plaque buildup

how do i limit plaque buildup? fruitarian diet?

You can scrape out the plaque with a toothbrush, you just have to temporarily slice open an artery. A household razor blade should do the trick

>Am I healthy this way even if I eat frozen pizza and ramen noodles?

There's more to health than just your weight and bodyfat percentage.

o-ok

would going vegan help? it eat a lot of cheese

everything in moderation

Even murder?

especially murder, one in a while is fine, but do them often and everyone looses their shit and you'll get caught

Don't eat chips or salty sandwiches if you want to be healthy.

Lol, no one really knows brah. Just have good genes or hope medical technology figures that shit out before it matters

if you excercise and burn off the calories you won't get fatter, but there is more to health than just fat or thin

even if you exercise off the calories a bad diet will affect other things like your skin, strength, ability to fight off disease, ability to build muscle, even things like memory and mood.

a guy who eats 1800 calories of chips a day might be skinnier than a guy who has a great diet but eats 2200 calories a day, but not overall healthier

>good goyim, eat from fastfood restaurant!

youtube.com/watch?v=18uQEymsCrY

Excellent goyim. Eat from fast food restaurant.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8iwkL1W3Yw

obvious bait but a fun topic to discuss anyway

the thing is people have really ass-backwards ideas about how working out should affect your diet. obviously if you've spent five minutes on Veeky Forums you've heard the basic thermodynamics "spend more calories than you eat and you'll lose weight" thing repeated a thousand times. working out will allow you to eat a worse, fattier diet while maintaining the same body you had when you were not working out and eating a healthier diet- it will, however, be worse for your body in terms of things like heart disease, cholesterol, etc.

probably the worst thing about eating a shitty diet and 'cancelling it out' with exercise is you'll acclimate yourself to a shitty diet. your health will continue to suffer for it and when you inevitably fall off the wagon and start exercising less, you'll gain weight and body fat quickly because you'll still be eating garbage

ie not only will eating healthier while exercising produce better results in your body, it will go hand in hand with exercising in the sense that your body will have better nutrition and you'll find exercise to be easier.

mitigating a shit diet with exercise is really only a good idea if you're in a position where for whatever reason you need to eat shit