Tricep Tendonitis

I think I got it from the weighted dips yesterday. Now it hurts if I fully extend my left arm. Doing pull ups is still ok if I dont extend my arms.

> Anyone here has experience with this?
> What did you do to heal?
> How long does it take to fully heal?
> What can I do with now?

Pic not related

doms

No, its not doms. It is Tricep Tendonitis. Right behind the arm, at the tendons that connect the tricep to the elbow. It hurts if I try to extend the arm. But it feels nothing if I keep be elbow bent.

> This is not a rare injury, I believe some of the big guys here have experience with it. Please share your knowledge.

>keep the elbow bent*

bump

if you think its tendonitis, you've probably googled it enough to know that the only thing you can do for tendonitis is RICE

I replace elevation with naproxen, personally.

I did google about it already. But most of the info are from doctors who dont have any lifting experience. The advice is stop lifting for several months until the pain stops, which sucks obviously.

I want some opinion from those who have truly experienced the injury. ie. which exercises are ok to do, which are not. What to do to heal faster ...

recently I have this as well, I did triceps workout the day after a chest and shoulder workout

never again

I'm taking 800mg Advil every 6 hrs, planning on sleeping 10 hours tonight and icing 15 mins on 15 mins off

>trips on a retarded post

I have experienced the injury, dumbass.

Chill the fuck out with exercises that aggravate it, ice it if it hurts, wear a compression sleeve and take an anti-inflamatory

shit aint rocket science

I injured it on Wednesday, it's starting to feel better, planning on hitting gym on Sunday for back and bis, main things is rest, the more you use it the worse it will get, it needs to be completely healed before tricep forearm biceps is worked out again.

biceps action pits strain on elbow joint, best to not use the joint at all until it heals

if joint is used before healing all the way, it will turn into something nasty with a few weeks or MONTHS recovery time I'm guessing

I still can bend my elbow and do pull ups ( with careful setup) painfree. But it hurts anytime I extend the elbow.

Should I stop all the pressing movements for a month but still doing the pulling ones? Or should I stop all exercises that require the arm?

Should I stop doing pull ups and rows too, even if these exercises dont hurt?

>I don't know how to listen to my body
dude tendons and connective tissue heals slower than muscle

I've been through pretty severe bouts of tendonitis. The more you lift, the worse it gets. As for timeframe, you don't need some magic '1 month rest'

start with a few days, work your legs, do some cardio, try again in a week, ease into it, etc..

Lay off working it make suck, but if you push it you're going to permanently damage your tendon. Go to a doctor and ask them how to heal faster, ask a physiotherapist what exercises to do. Based on what happened with my shoulder you're probably looking at MINIMUM a week of complete rest, then a few weeks of extremely light resistance exercise, working with those stretchy blue/green/black rubber bands. It needs to be allowed to heal, but you also need to use to keep it mobile. Obviously I haven't seen it, but if it's bad enough you'll likely have scar tissue develop on your tendon that you'll need to see a physio or qualified massage therapist to address if you want to get rid of it.

Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate. I wouldn't replace elevation with an NSAID, but it would help in addition. Don't take ibuprofen for it, aspirin is a better anti-inflammatory. Don't know shit about naproxen.

Im from a third world country and all doctors here dont know shit about lifting, some of them even bought their certifications and most of them are obese with horrible posture. So I trust the internet more than the doctors in my city.

>start with a few days, work your legs, do some cardio, try again in a week, ease into it, etc..
So no upperbody workout for a week even with the exercises that dont hurt?

>walk around with your arms up in the air user

Take a week without going heavy or fix your form. I had some chest disparity and recently added more incline/decline to my routine...all of a sudden I get less tendon pain at the inner elbow.

My guess is you're flaring your elbows to overcome weakness at a particular angle or just overexertion/training.

you don't get tendinitis from one fucking workout, it's a chronic injury.

>dubdubs
you're on fire m8

on second thought, looking at your symptoms, you could also have an ulnar nerve issue, either compressed or transposed

tendonitis more common in the bicep tendon afaik, but its totally possible that its tendonitis as well

good luck user

Well I gave you the best I can without seeing it. Don't push yourself or you'll cause permanent damage and have to rely on the bought degree fatties for sure. Complete rest for now, then light exercise when you feel ready, then after a while of that give your workout a shot. Don't start too early or you'll be back a square one, don't get anxious over lost gains or some shit and wreck your elbow forever.

Well obviously not, dipshit. But naproxen guy said replace, not supplement. He should still sleep with his arm on pillows, or rest on something while he's on the computer or whatever. Don't be a dingus.

IDK, I actually felt the pain slightly in the morning, elbow hurted slightly then if I extended the arm. I was doing some plyo push ups the day before yesterday.

Then I tried weighted dip and when I went home, I felt the pain more and it continued up to now.

It doesnt feel anything at all if I keep my elbow bent, but it hurts when I extend it.

Lmao Are you me op?

>tfw forearm tendonitis
>tfw tricep tendonitis now

>Mfw I'm browsing fit right now with my elbow on ice gonna pop some naproxen and go to sleep and hope it don't hurt durning low bar squats tomorrow

Got mine from straight
Bar curls and skull crushers

You don't get tendinitis in two workouts, it's a chronic injury that happens from repeated stress, it takes weeks and it starts off very mild and progressively gets more painful. You don't have tendinitis, what your describing doesn't even sound like tendinitis, sounds like you probably just have a very minor tear at worst.

So what is it? Please tell me if you know

This is where it hurts when I extend my arm

bump