Sumo deads

when you want to deadlift, but not really
you know its true
let the butthurt commence

I did Conventional deadlifts for 4 years. One day decided to try Sumo for the sake of it and instantly fell in love with it. Haven't pulled conventional since I pulled sumo for the first time.

I think people who hate on sumo deadlifting is the same people who have small penises and only accomplishment in life is lifting, hence why you're so critical of people who decide to do things differently.

You like it more because it's easier.

>I did deep squats for 4 years. One day decided to try half squats for the sake of it and instantly fell in love with it. Haven't squatted deep since I half squatted for the first time.

>I think people who hate on half squatting are the same people who have small penises and only accomplishment in life is lifting, hence why you're so critical of people who decide to do things differently.

I dislike the deadlift. I continue to do it once a week at a medium weight because it's efficient for training traps, lats, grip and legs for bodybuilding.

>I dislike the deadlift.

Not a man.

DYEL?

I love deadlifting. I do both conventional and sumo.
I've noticed that I'm able to get more reps of working weight with sumo, but higher 1rms with conventional. Sumo seems more skill-intensive, and is also brutal when doing deficits.
/blog post

snatch grip dl (kinda like reverse sumo) is goat for back

t. somebody who doesn't understand how physiology works

t. butthurt sumo deadlifter

>thinking you need to enjoy the deadlift to gain the benefits from it
I only mildly enjoy the deadlift, and have times where I hate it, yet I bet I deadlift literally close to twice what you do faglord

Eh I do both. I'll do my heavy deadlift work conventionally, because I'm not a pussy. On another day, I do assistance work with sumo deads mainly to train my hips, legs, grip and upper back by using an "easier" variation and my back thanks me.

I've also noticed that.
When I used to DL conventional (I do sumo now) I had a lot of trouble tightening my lats.
When you pull w snatch grip you cannot help but tighten them somehow

Y u mad tho. Is it cause you can only conventional dl 225 while Chad is sumo dling 495 next to you?

well put lad

>Chad
>not bench or curls

>You like it more because it's easier.
true. same reason some people want to front squat instead of back squat. people are always looking for easier/more comfortable, but lifting isn't supposed to be comfortable. sumo is for competitions where the shorter ROM and more vertical back angle allow many people to lift more weight. if you pull sumo for general strength training you're only fooling yourself.

Or you've got a training block/goal where the emphasis is more on hip strength than lower back.

that's true. if you know exactly what you want then sure, go ahead, but I was talking about people who change from conventional to sumo because it "feels better" or some other bullshit reason. the exercises do not give the same training effect even though they both count in competitions.

And yes, they work slightly different muscle groups, but most plebs substitute them and butt in on deadlift conversations like they know something (notice I said deadlift, and not conventional deadlift. There is only one deadlift)

I pull conventional as my main stance. I train sumo too because my programming calls for it. My sumo max is about 60 pounds below my conventional max. What you pull more doing is all about proportions, height, and hip structure.

it makes your back joocy, i love them

This.