youtu.be/-13_S_w-YL8
youtu.be/ry3aanSa33A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A wild Sean appeared.

Sean used bait.

It was ineffective

user used ignore

It was very effective

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Being Weak A Thing Hahahaha Nigga Just Try Harder Like Nigga Stop Crying Haha

^^^^^

who is this beast?

the second best 105 in Sweden

phil is a CUTE

You're a shit poster and I no longer like you

how many boyfriends have you had

k?

delete this

I volunteer to be your first boyfriend

srry

You're my friend trappy you don't need that poo bag. Let's build awesome butts together

i never replied to your earlier sorry, heres the template

I loved JM Press before it gave me elbow tendinitis.

Also where are you suppose to feel seated good mornings?

Do you have the file doll?

Quads

:^)

Is it even possible to get this level of actual leg drive during the press up without taking your butt off the bench?

Most "leg drive" from benchers is simply maintaining tension and pushing through the whole lift in order to keep a tight back and good positioning, but Gibbs actually does a legit leg drive here, using his quads to actually create an horizontal momentum to help with the initial push off the chest.

But to me, I can't picture in my mind a way he could setup so that he could do this leg drive without getting his butt off the bench while still in a position where he can maintain the tension and good arch through the entire lift.

That looks pretty fun. What program is that?

Where can I submit my application?

Perhaps I don't understand the question, but you push the bench backwards. Like you're actually trying to move the bench back, which causes momentum to move the bar.

allthingsgym.com/531-for-top-end-strength-spreadsheet/
thats the base that i used and edited it for what i wanted

your tendons hurt cause they are weak, do thousands of jms or extensions with just the bar, full rom

i do them to pins for consistent rom, and i curl my upper back at the end of the rom then powerfully extend it, this is for upper back tightness in the squat/dead and gives me the biggest mid back and trap pump, cant even stabilise for curls after

Yes, but it depends on adjusting your setup. You need more of your arse on the bench at the start so you've got room for the movement without totally bridging up. Its more effective if you sink the bar as well but the IPF doesn't like that trick much.

To be as competitive as possible in 2 hour weigh ins, how heavy should I be over my desired weight class, and how much weight should be lost through dieting/water?

Thanks lads

So I shouldn't have felt a killer quad stretch,.....

For comparison, here's his benching from a few months ago.
This looks a lot more like a regular leg drive, and his butt seems a lot more legal on the bench.
But the drive from his 208 looks a lot more powerful and actually helps push the bar off the chest.

a modified version of 531 that i modified again to suit me

i dont see how you would.... heres my setup

Thanks, I'll give it a crack.

So much love in my heart right now guys.

I'm concerned now. I thought it was to stretch quads because that's what was happening.

Go hardly go low because of the stretch in my quads.
Our set up looks identical except you have the best bar in the world

He got all the reds for this one, right? R-right?

I bet its possible though, you just have to sacrifice some arch in the setup.

No, only one red.

What up brehs, it's been a while I haven't been here, how's everyone doing?

Checking arse position on the bench is pretty much impossible from that angle. You need to be on the side because the rules only require some degree of contact the whole time and you can't see enough from a 45 angle.

I hope there's gonna be a stream for World Deadlift Championship tonight. Who here /hypefor500/

too bad Brian Shaw dropped out but still

ssb is hell to actually squat with

Are you competing at the squat only event in September?

Man up.

I think I'd rather neck myself than give the SSB that opportunity by doing good mornings of any sort with it.

I tried that once. Wasn't a good idea.

Hm... I've been relooking through his benching during recent training and it does seem like he manages his butt better here (heh).

But it does seem like having his butt lower on the bench doesn't allow him to arch as high, but at least he can use leg drive without taking it off the bench.

I want it for this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLehqeBL6_0

Assisted squats

Front squat are even AIDS-er

Yeah probably, training has always been shit during summer, will see how it goes, squatted for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday and it was utter shit :(

Pls respond

I don't know

Yeah,it's insanely hot these days in Italy.
I'm debating whether to come or not,probably not gonna compete desu.

Lads how do I chop some time off the prep block of a Sheiko cycle? Specifically the 4-day spreadsheet (which is I think adv med load on the app). I'm just not strong enough to justify what looks like a full four week taper, and I think it might do me more harm than good on meet day.

could you post a video of a few reps of this, la?

Not more than six or seven pounds I would think. A small water cut is pretty easy, but it can still knock you back a bit.

Am i better or worse of training every rep paused?

For all my lifts i pause at the bottom to avoid bouncing, is it beneficial or not?

Posted just as last thread died.

*comp block

1 sec lemme upload

>be me
>5x5 bench at 70pc (110kg)
>feel light headed and it's a bit hard
>last set, working in with someone doing 140
>leave 120 on the bar for last set because 2 reds
>is even easier than 110, lower rpe

I mean, it's so easy it looks boring

All? Why? Paused squats and bench are probably the #1 variant to use, but why use them as main lifts?

>Paused... bench [is] probably the #1 variant to use

tng bench is the variant

That prawn and tarter sauce sandwich want good lads

I feel like I'm going to throw up I can't stand

why would you not use the stretch reflex in the squat??

catching it right can make or break a lift

Longer than a second is a variant

WAWTT lads?

>ID
>1x5 squat
>5x1 bench
>1x5 deadlift
>more bench
>maybe meme press
>bunch of accessories

thanks man.

i have been CONSIDERING trying these for a bit but because I cant get a good idea of how to do them I havent tried

Well i mean squat, DL, Bench, OHP.

Touch and go feels like cheating, especially on bench, DL and OHP it cuts out half the rep.

When i do my main working sets for major lifts i make sure i pause at the bottom. Is it actually more beneficial or is mixing it up better?

Isley outbenching me when?

If I recall correctly, Sheiko recommends you chop off the initial weeks of the comp block.

I do if i am doing a 1 but not for regular training, if i can pause my sets at the bottom then a bounce is significantly higher.

youtu.be/-13_S_w-YL8

Isley, what are your
>TOP 3
tips for building a
>BIG BENCH

We're going to meet in the middle >:)

When you get to 105 I'll bench more than you

1)
ARCH MORE

2)
KEEP TIGHT

3)
IF ALL ELSE FAILS, JUST GET FUCKING FAT

thanks.

its a little hard for me to tell, partly because of the safeties, and partly because of the intentional rounding of your upper back, but is your lower spine in flexion during these (near the top)?

In my opinion you should do both.
Training paused will help you get more explosive and more used to pauses, which is always a good thing for a competitive powerlifter.
But training tng will allow you to use heavier weights, and using heavier weights is a pretty important part of training.

How many plates is that?

I might do them. But fewer reps and a bit stricter

AMRAP paused bench at 180. I got 180x8 last week and was super happy. If I can get 180x9 today I'll probably jizz myself.

Then just a lot of DB Bench, chins, tricep extensions.

So in my case, probably the first whole three? I'm someone who *should* be eking out end-stage TM gains and bulking, but instead I'm maintaining weight on more difficult programming.

but you arent training the technique to properly utilise it
SET 1 OF 6 PLEASE HELP
youtu.be/ry3aanSa33A

before anyone comments, i only use blocks for comp prep due to high weights and previous disc injury at the bottom of the lift, also the whip in a deadlift bar gets me about this height before all the plates are off the floor, and muh straps cause of volume

Hey guys,

I was wondering about volume vs intensity, especially re: sheiko.

I'm running TM right now and am happy with it, and have been adding more upper volume. The thing I am wondering about though is that sheiko has a lot of very submaximal volume.

I thought really submaximal volume wasnt really useful for strength?

E.g. if your max is 260, doing lots of sets in the 170-180 range

meh, no reason not to imho. It's just something to have fun, just go without any particular expectation, you could olympic style ATG so you don't burn yourself too much

yeah lower back rounds to i wana hit erectors

what im doing is intentional, thoracic extension is important in all 3 lifts, especially with my deadlift technique

Submax works, you just have to treat it like serious lifting.

Most of the volume on TM is also submaximal. You're supposed to do 5 reps with 80-90% of your 5RM, for example.

Are you actually going to compete, or are you just training?

Right, but that is at a much, much higher percentage.

Eg I do 250 5x1 on ID, but I do my VDs at 220-225 lbs.

I am just trying to figure out if it is worth going below, say 180 lbs for volume when it seems like that goes against what i hear about what effective volume is, whereas sheiko does exactly that.

3 sets down and its still moving consistently

dripping with sweat though

you're starting to impress me

Yeah I've got a meet in the calendar.

Most of the volume should be in the 70-85% range, below that isn't very useful and above it you're risking form deviation. Which is not to say I never do AMRAPs or go heavier than I'm supposed to, that's just the logic at work behind it.

done 3 sets of 10 squats at 72.5% yesterday lads

is that supposed to be that hard because i was dizzy, vision blurring and hearing muffled, was hard just getting myself under the bar for the next set and had to leave the gym after it

think thats enough high reps for another year TBh

I've come a long way since a year ago

>70%

o?

I always thought this number was more like 80 %

t
b
h

but I am probably mistaken then.

6 sets of 4 deads at 240kg and i feel like im going to vomit

fuck knows how im going to manage 6x5 and 6x6 next two weeks

wilks-less has seen you improve exponentially

he bashes boris yet boris got you gains you swore wouldnt come cause youd 'tried everything'

If you're smoking sets at 70%, you're getting stronger. I do think it might vary lift to lift and person to person, eg I can use lighter weights for squatting and still get stronger, but unless I'm pushing pretty hard for bench I go nowhere. Deadlift is ????????????????????

Sheeeit are you doing the RSR peak?

Sheiko does work, and even though you're using lighter weights, you're doing a lot more volume than in TM.
It's just that, as he says himself, those general programs that he has made available aren't gonna fit everyone. So when he made those general programs, I think he might have expected the lifter to have higher numbers than what you have. 3x3 80% of someone who benches 80kg is a lot less impactful than 3x3 80% of someone who benches 160kg, for example.

And as such, it's pretty common for people to inflate their bench numbers when doing Sheiko.

Keep in mind the %s of sheiko are from your 1RM, while the ones in TM are from your 5RM.

I'd cut down a week from one of the prep blocks and do the last two weeks of the comp block.
But if you can't, then yes do the last week of the comp block.

yeah pal pic related

what percentage is that sitting at these days?

In for stream pls

I highly doubt we're gonna see 500 though.

no idea, my only goal atm is 320 so i can break 700lbs finally

330 might be there on the day who knows

>lbs
dont lower yourself lad

> on the day
whens the meet?

Fuuark the balls on him to stick that one out.

Oh my gosh your legs look so much smaller here!

Proud

4th of september i think