That guy who does curls even though he can't squat twice his bodyweight

>that guy who does curls even though he can't squat twice his bodyweight

I've never squatted or deadlifted before. All I do is bench press and curls. This is okay, right?

yeah man the dubs don't lie

Why shouldn't you do curls?

What is wrong with it exactly?

Until you're actually strong you are literally better doing frequent chinups and rows than you are doing frequent curls.

If done with incorrect form they can actually curve your bones. OP is saying that only the more experienced lifters should do them

What if I do both?

Chinups nor rows hit my biceps hard enough so i throw in 3x8 hammer curls

Only fat powerlifters say shit like this because they are loathing all the time they wasted to look like shit when chad who only does curls and bench fucks their crush.

>the guy who cares about strength but looks like shit

>they can actually curve your bones

That sounds plausible, any source on that?

fucking nothing wrong with doing curls.

I squat 2.5 times my bodyweight. Can I do curls, you fucking faggot?

As long as you do your compound first it's okay, but you should still try harder.

Not true, training biceps has its place in powerlifting. It helps prevent elbow problems and helps with stabilizing the bench press. Curls are normally part of offseason training for a powerlifter.

>As long as you do your compound first it's okay, but you should still try harder.

of course I do my compounds first.

I do bent over barbell rows and then lat pulldowns and then finally cable rows for example. and I add tricep pushdowns and hammer curls. I don't see how they would possibly negatively affect my compounds

they don't. continue doing them.

People around here say really stupid shit. It's like they are so anti curlbro they go in the opposite direction. Squat everyday don't curl unless you squat 2.5 bodyweight blah blah blah this thread isn't serious but you see it here all the time.

Just do some curls. It's not a problem. Like the guy said do all accessory work after your compounds.

That's all fine and dandy, I prefer db rows to barbell rows though because of the allowance of a larger range of motion and chinups to pullups because of the bigger bicep activation, which lets you do more weight. I'm not saying don't ever do curls, but I'm saying they're significantly less useful until you're actually strong.

Yeah i think it's the SS meme gone a little too far.

Being a curl bro is foolish but it doesn't mean "le beginners don't need any arm work at all!".

What if i'm trying to get stronger as a whole?

i squat 4-5 times a week, surely doing curls two times a week would make sense to actually let my arms not look atrophied compared to my legs?

>Not able to squat 420lbs

Yeah I'm not too worried about that

It it's part of your goals go ahead and do your curls. Also SS isn't actually a meme, if you read the book Rippetoe suggests tons of different accessory exercises to fit into your routine including stuff for upper back, arms, chest and shoulders. The core of the program is just the daily squats, deadlifts, and alternating >the press™ and bench press.

I know this is bait butt fuck it this lil fishy gonna bite.
I wouldn't have a problem with you talking down curls(even tho I do them and love doing all different types of them) cuz there is legitimate debate about their necessity for an overall back/pull day, but why on earth would squats aka a leg day lift have anything to do with whether or not to curl? Unless we talking about leg curls but I assume we aren't.

Hurr durr mu squat

That's why they're called curls, dingus. They will eventually curl your arm bones.

Post pics/videos of lifts OP

Oh wait.

Will deadlifts make me dead?

I already know the one about skullcrushers. My head is indented now.

Enjoy your bicep tear summerdyel.

Probably won't get a bicep tear but will get elbow pain/tendonitis.

Kek nice bro science brah. What study did you read this from?

are you really that stupid?

> doing curls
>not squatting 450lbs
seems reasonable for me...

It's an advanced exercise that should only be started after 2-3 years of serious lifting

>He can't squat 450 lbs

Lmao weak fag.

I'm dyel af but curl 135 with perfect form. What are you gonna do about it?

But I'm already doing pull ups
Won't adding chin ups be too much for my lats?

plus I can already do like 15 chin ups so they're too easy at this point

That better be in megagrams

kek
I'm 6'6 long legged and a beginner, no wonder I ain't squat very heavy

Chinups work your biceps more than pullups and use your lats just as much. Basically they let you do more weight or more reps. Alternating is good.

>muh long legs
Pussy
>a 90 degree angle is a 90 degree angle stop making excuses.

I see, this is something I wanted to add but replied to the wrong post
So if I can already do 15+ reps what's the point?

I've never understood why people skip on compounds
Doing compounds with perfect form and heavy weight make me feel like my body is lined with steel; feels stronk mang
I only do somethin' like 3 sets of hammer curls and reg. curls after Back/Pull days and my arms are solid from powerlifting

A tall guy moves weight way further than a short guy. You don't need a physics class to know that makes it harder. Besides legs are a meme, suns out guns out.

Muscle endurance summerfriend.

Yeah but it doesn't make your biceps bigger

>6'6 long legged
>Thinking that's a reason to be weak

your reading and comprehension skills are not very good huh

none the less
>>a 90 degree angle is a 90 degree angle stop making excuses

w = f.d
that's basic shit..

> beginner
working my way through...

muh 'netics

I actually don't squat at all because my left hip flexor is tight af and I ain't stretchin that shit 30 minutes every day

stay dyel strengthmemers

s q u a t
w e l l ,
l a n k l e t
lov u, no homo

I fixed my tight hammies and hip flexors bu actually doing compounds and being a beast
>stay inflexible curlbro
how u gon get some boipussy if u aint flexible?

>further
Nope. Apparently you don't understand angles vs. Distance plus I'm assuming you're a regular human being whose skeleton is almost completely wrapped in muscle so why on earth would height be a detriment. Tall guys have the most potential cuz their frame supports more muscle. You my friend are nothing more than a simpering, soft headed pussy.

dubs vs dubs

Objectively is correct though, 'cause he aint a pussy

You're telling me you think at 6'4 squatting ass to grass I take the weight the same distance as a guy who is 5'6? Or that when we bench we move the weight the same distance?

I used a tried and true phrase though. Suns out guns, not "suns out roll up your shorts and flex your quad because people totally care"

>You quads are so sexy
No girl ever

There it is bois
He's saying manlets are objectively better at lifting

>Tall guys have the most potential cuz their frame supports more muscle.
well, no
while in absolute numbers a tall guy can lift heavier weights, proportionally he'll be able to carry far less than a manlet - as the muscle mass potential is not directly linked with height. plus, he'll have to do (far) more work for lifting the same weight. these are the two combined reasons why gymnasts are generally manlets, but powerlifters are generally tall.

Lol ass to grass meme is shit. 90 degree at the knee is all you need. Like sitting in a chair. Seriously all these dyels self teaching off the internet are gonna make physical therapists rich af

>he's never been complimented on his quads
>"Wow! You've got such strong legs user!"
i pity you

Add weight.

It's not that girls don't care about legs. Girls just don't care about your legs because you have none.

>tfw bum knee from workplace injury
>tfw no pain but can't stabilize heavy weights
>tfw can do 20 reps at 1 plate but heavier gives me pain
>tfw eternal curlbro

Most pickups are done at a bar or a club and I assure you no one is looking at your legs, I'd give you ass but not legs. Arms chest abs and ass are probably the big 4 at a bar.

What is considered a "strong" curl?

Well yeah pound for pound manlets have the advantage but user was attempting to say that because of his height he can't squat heavy and that's simply not true being tall gives you a higher potential for raw numbers, provided, of course, that you aren't a pussy. Put it this way Larry Allen squats 900 lbs which seems incredible but was an NFL offensive tackle was well over 6 foot and weighed 300 lbs. So its actually just 3 times his body weight but if at 150 lbs I lift three times my body weight it only equals 450 both of us are strong and in good shape for our frames but he still lifts way more than me.

Kek have fun with your basic bitches. Why don't you pick them up at gym, class, work, or other places of social normalcy

Let's just be honest for a second. What do you think the ratio of upper body mires to leg mires is? I wouldn't give it less than like 10 to 1 personally based on what I've seen and my own experiences.

I get more 'mires from my butt(besides my face) than anything else, even though I have 16.5 in arms.

t. 15% bf powerlifter

That's fair, I included ass in the big 4 though. I'm talking legs specifically.

>go for thick thighs qt3.14 at gym
>she rejects the advances
>feel too anxious to go at the gym

I'll just wait till I'm swole enough that she'll notice me instead
I'm on too much of a journey to let anxiety fuck my shit up

been there done that
i was awfully anxious as well

Lol your argument is trash
>just legs not butt
Your butt is part of legs. The biggest most notable part in fact
What if I said
>just arms not bi ceps
See? Trash logic makes no sense. Truth is some gals like upper some lower some both. A proper fisherman casts a wide net.

congratulations. you fell for the most obvious bait of 2015. how do you feel

>2015

Nice try amigo, you ain't making me go autistic.

HahaahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

mfw finally made it to 2pl8, goal of 3pl8 is within sight now

>atheist takes picture of a dog.jpg