Should I take up pipe smoking Veeky Forums? Started joking about it with my brother a few weeks ago...

Should I take up pipe smoking Veeky Forums? Started joking about it with my brother a few weeks ago, but after researching it actually started to appeal to me. Seems pretty great to be honest:

>low, if any risk of disease
>won't impair gains or lung function
>smells and tastes good so little to no social opposition
>look cool
>little to no risk of addiction
>can build a neat pipe collection
>relaxing (probably the biggest one to me)

I'm thinking about walking to the smoke shop down the street and getting a corn cob pipe and a pipe tobacco variety pack today.

Enjoy jaw cancer, you hipster goober.

get this instead cancerous fag

If this is 100% not a troll you are probably the biggest faggot on this board

You going to buy a trilby and a suit as well?

Get out

Lol so snus threads have dozens of user vigorously fellating each other and insisting it's totally healthy, but pipe smoking gets this kind of response?

so cigarettes (filtered tobacco) are bad.
smoking from a pipe (unfiltered tobacco) is good?

heres another (you), (you).

Smoke weed. It's passibly healthy. Not legal near you? Move somewhere it is. I recommend CO. Nation's fittest state.

>>looks cool

>mfw there are virtually no more cops on the border between NE and CO

Literally make a trip every check now to bring back a shit ton of stuff. Literally better than anything I can find where I live even if its like a 12 hour round trip

Snus are stupid and cancerous too, dipshit.

Chew nicotine gum if you hate your heart that much.

>low, if any risk of disease
>won't impair gains or lung function
what do you think hot burning smoke does

You're not supposed to inhale pipe smoke.

That being said, it doesn't make OP any less of a fag

i feel u op. I really like the smell and flavor of unfiltered tobacco. Might go pipe or cigar. It's not about the nicotine imo.

Your breath will smell like shit, your teeth and tongue will stain and dry out, it costs money, and it affects your respiratory function. I smoked for years and had the luck to turn it around, only being clean for a few months doesn't say much but I truly hope I can live the rest of my life like this.

>>look cool
>not gonna make it

I have a pipe collection and used to smoke occasionally, but my blue-state retard city made it near impossible.
>no smoking in your own apartment
>no smoking within 100 feet of any door or window
>no smoking in any public park

Basically smoking is illegal here unless you own at least an acre of empty land, in a city where a 400 sqft condo goes for $750,000. All this shit applies retroactively to vaporizers, too, but mouth fedora fags mostly just ignore it.

Anyway it's fun if you keep it down to once or twice a month, since then you don't build addiction or tolerance and can run a nicotine high off a single bowl of good tobacco. I used to sit out on my balcony with the pipe and a glass of Scotch and read a book, super chill.

FWIW, a study of pipe smokers vs. cigarette smokers vs. non-smokers found that people who smoked only pipes and did not inhale actually lived slightly longer than the non-smoker group. Likely a statistical artifact, but it seems to suggest that pipe smoking in moderation isn't going to kill you.

Vape instead.

You don't breathe pipe tobacco like you do cigarettes.

Got my card in the mail right now.

Yeah I just like the aroma especially. Reminds me of my grandad since he smoked pipe all the time.

What'd you smoke? Pipe?

Damn, where is that so I can never go there. I do remember seeing that study about pipe smoking giving slightly more longevity, hence why I thought it has little chance of causing disease.

Smoking some English cavendish as I type. Don't fool yourself into thinking pipe smoking isn't bad for you, but it's probably true that it's not going to be a significant risk to your health if you smoke only occasionally and don't inhale (not that anybody could suck up most pipe tobaccos like they were hookah). That said, pipe smoking is thoroughly enjoyable. There are endless varieties and blends of pipe tobaccos to try, and they typically have more complexity and flavor than other types of tobacco. Cigars will always be some variation of cigar flavor, and smoking cigars allows you to really specialize in picking up on the tastes and variation available to cigars, it's kind of like only drinking IPAs. Pipe tobacco doesn't limit you in the same way—you can have a stout one day and a lager the next depending on your mood (Latakia or aromatics in pipe tobacco terms). As far as fitness goes, I smoke about once a week and have noticed no change in my lung capacity when swimming, and you can choose tobacco that has as much or as little nicotine as you'd like. So I'd say go for it; it's a relaxing hobby with plenty of new interesting new experiences to savor.

>look cool
oh god, the cringe. I mean your whole post was cringe, but this part in particular was pretty bad. if you get a pipe, do us all a favor and choke on it

> no addiction

You absorb nicotine through the mucus membranes in your mouth. The effect differs from cigs, but regular pipe smoking leads to nicotine dependence and mouth cancer.

I wanted to fuck the bunny the whole movie...

Thanks for one of the few non meme answers.

Same. I am pretty sure it was intentional to make the viewers furries.

I smoke a pipe. Once a week or so I treat myself to a nice smoke of Mac Barren's Cube. It's delicious.

Pipe smoking is great.

Don't bother with the cheap shit you can buy at your local grocery store. Go to an actual tobacco/cigar store and buy some specialty loose stuff. Some shops will even make their own blends, too.

>intentional to make the viewers furries.
You mean "out the furry viewers".

>where is that so I can never go there

Honolulu. They try so hard to be San Francisco it's painful.

Why is no one talking about the bunny?

DUDE

Kill yourself you weeaboo faggot. Go jerk off to your weird fucking bunny.

agreed someone needs to stick their dick in a rabbit and post the bloody messy disaster and scar these fuckers

BREH
R
E
H

Alrighty you two, that's a very negative behaviour you have right there, you'll have to come with me down the station, paws behind your back.

Why the fuck are you asking that to us?
Decide yourself you fucking faggot, it's your life

Somebody screenshot this autism.

A picture? Sure, honey, do you want an autograph with it? I'm always happy to meet a fan.

You're an idiot if you think there is no risk of addiction or negative health consequences. That being said, pipe tobacco is awesome. But I switched to vaping a few months back and no longer have any desire for actual tobacco. If it's good smells and flavors you desire and relaxation, vaping provides the same effects without the cancer and lung disease. Do whatever you want though, I always loved pipe tobacco. But since I started vaping it no longer appeals to me.

how is this related to fitness? go to /r9k/ or whatever

Are there any vape juices that smell like pipe tobacco? I think a lot of the appeal is that it reminds me of my grandpa and I like that.

Barely anything is related to fitness here.

P-post more of the qt

Its a better vice. I cape pipe tobacco for convenience. Nicotine is an aromatase inhibitor among other things.

Enjoy your cancer you furry, hipster, faggot. I'm sure life is fun with a hole in your throat which you have to clean out regularly and speaking through a machine that picks up vibrations from where your vocal chords once were.

t. user who's grandpa got throat cancer from pipe smoking.

>need a vice to survive, because I'm a weak person
>used to be a weed smoking 350lb loser
>now hovering around 200lbs and in the military
>can't smoke weed
>can't drink because I just got out of boot camp and they won't let me
>considered vaping
>nope lol banned that, you can still smoke cigarettes though goyim :^)
>don't want to smoke cigarettes
>only vice left is junk food
>have gained like 10lbs since leaving boot camp

J U S T

I don't think you understand the usage of the word "need"