Lifting and boxing?

ive been lifting for some months now and recently started boxing. my boxing trainer told me that strength training + bulking combined with boxing is a pretty shit idea cuz boxing is basically 2 hours of cardio (cord jumping, shadow boxing, etc.) 3 times a week.

Is he right? Will boxing slow my lifting progress significantly ?

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can do it, but it's going to be hard, boxing is pretty intense.

Mexican here.
I did boxing and wrestling and didn't affect as much. Of course, almost every Mexican boxes.
My advice is to add some intensive lifting and have a really good rest.

just eat more to make up for it.

boxing is god tier HIIT desu

the reason they tell you that is cause speed times mass equals force, and it's easier to improve your speed than your mass. You also have to take into account that you might get slower when you increase your mass, so you're just back at square one again.

basically it's a waste of time to get swole for boxing, cause the speed is the variable that's easier to change without severely decreasing the other

hes 100% right, you'll burn up most of your gains instantly. boxing is 10% skill, 10% heart and 80% endurance.

you should still lift but don't do it to get big

this. its doable but it also takes a lot out of you. I was doing SS while boxing and learning judo and it really does help your performance.

What did he land on that was instableeding?

his paper-thin poo head

he landed on the floor. Getting thrown on the floor is more deadly than getting punched. If you had ever got slammed you know the feeling of having your insides getting shaken up and all your bones rattling.

I think it's important to strengthen muscles even while boxing. I'd basically just not have a calorie limit at that point otherwise you'll feel pretty drained. The whole punching slower thing is not gonna be noticeable unless you're gaining a large amount of mass, so probably don't do really heavy lifts.

ohp = punch strength

I guess it all depends on you as an individual.

I do a fair bit of martial arts (kickboxing mostly, bit of other stuff) alongside my lifting, and whilst I may not have been getting bigger at the same rate as someone like me who purely lifts, I would say it's negligible. Especially from the viewpoint of a normie.

The added benefit of lifting, your hit will be a decent amount harder. I fight for my college and I usually wreck dudes in the first minute as they aren't expecting you to crumple them with big hits early on. Downside is you will tire more easily (and I am guilty of this). Just keep on top of your cardio and you should be fine.

Good luck user, report back with your progress.

So what lifts should I focus on if I want to be able to do webm related to a dude who weighs like 230?

That panic once the kid grabbed him was priceless. Why do most people that rely so much on striking not learn how to respond when you are tied up or hip tossed? He locked up his hips and tried to hold his weight down against a larger opponent. Thats why he was able to be thrown down so hard. He should've relaxed his legs and roll with his weight down, yeah it'll knock the wind out of you if you dont catch yourself, but, at least you can control where you land and attempt to keep your feet under you. Also why try to "box" a heavier opponent? You don't have the weight to hit hard enough to really knock them out unless they are some complete weakling. In the ring yeah you might win a decision based on a point game. But if the larger guy makes contact the likelihood of a knockout is significantly higher on a smaller opponent. Thats just basic physics.

Did MMA professionally while sculpting my physique. The cardio is going to slow down your gains but you'll look and feel better in the long run. All the muscle you build and keep will be actually functional

And yes you could still get big as shit doing this.

thanks for the encouragement dude

so what i take from the answers here is that i can do it but it will slow my progress and i should eat even more.

another question: should i do boxing and lifting on the same day in order to have one pure rest day?

I think that guy died.
>fighting a bigger guy in a small space.
You're gonna be slammed or thrown at a wall head first.

actually the midget landed a good shot to big boys nose, you can see him bend over and blood drip out of it at the end.

Hes not wrong. Progress will be slow in both.

Lift full body 2x a week, box 3x a week and eat a lot. You'll be good

because manlets always think they have a chance

>See: Every movie and TV show ever that shows the giant get his ass kicked

All good things take time, and if it does slow your progress, so what? I'm assuming you're relatively young, so just enjoy both aspects of it, the aesthetics from lifting and the confidence from boxing.

Figure out what you need food wise, and eat accordingly, don't kid yourself into eating shitloads of chocolate and sweets because "muh metabolism and exermercise". Get your brotein, carbs and fats all sorted and you will be good.

Routine-wise, I take Mon/Wed/Fri for lifting and Tues/Sat/Sun for kickboxing with Thursday for total rest. But again, find what works for you and stick to it.

stop trying to over analyse everything like such an autistic sperglord

lil guy obviously mad, they obviously got in a fight, lil guy thought he could go for wild swings and knock out his opponent.

>hur dur he acts like he's never been in a fight
well shit, you don't think, maybe he hasn't?

post more boxing webms pls!,i will give you nudes!

>almost every Mexican boxes

lol no mames claro que no

la mayoria se la pasan echados en el sillon viendo netflix y viendo el futbol

source: Tampicofag

If you get enough food and sleep, you'll be fine. Also consider training routines that de-emphasize long, steady roadwork. I like the one that was designed for Evander Holyfield back in the day, but bear in mind that you'll want to reduce the volume because you aren't on steroids like he obviously was.

sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

lil man has some good foot work though

Clean and jerk and the atlas stone exercise that elliott hulse always does

Actually the smaller guy was older. He was defending a family member and had time to analyze the threat and should have known what to expect. He was clearly a better boxer, possibly experienced. he relied soley on that, Which was his downfall. literally.