/QTDDTOT/ - Questions that dont deserve their own thread

Read the Sticky and ask all questions ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

leangains.com/2009/12/fasted-training-boosts-muscle-growth.html
greatist.com/fitness/why-you-should-exercise-on-an-empty-stomach
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128058513
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I NEED to lose fat in my gut but also need some major shoulder, neck and trap gains

How do

Why do all my friends only use the mashines in the gym and I lift with DB/BB? Did I fell for a meme?

*fall
I'm really tired

What are your favorite low calorie snacks? Been eating a lot of baby carrots during breaks at work and I'd like some variety.

what do you guys do for obliques?
obviously i do my squats and deads but they dont seem to be doing it. ive had success with weighted normal planks so i'm trying to figure out how to do weighted sides now. is there anything I can be doing?

celery is good too

Because there dumb. You should use both

Roid
OR
cut than slow bulk (+200 kcal)

Keep lifting, eat at a deficit.

Because they're dyel faggots.

When should I stop getting upping my weight?

Would a protein and water diet help

If you were on a decent training program - or you knew enough about lifting to be designing your own - you wouldn't be asking this question.

Because they're DYELs.

I like greek Yoghurt low cal high protons and decentish fat macros.
Also hard boiled eggs are pretty good snacks.
Celery good too.
Last one is a bit weaboosih but when I went to Japan they had riceballs that had mayo and tuna in side, so pretty much I do same and have them as snacks I just make sure to have low fat mayo or even replace it with low fat cream cheese and just a high ratio of tuna.

Before i started going to gym i did some pullups, got major shoulder gains. Do back/shoulder exercises, shrugs, eat at deficit and be consistent

Current fatty here what is a good replacement for coke, I have tried apple juice but the craving wont go away.

That feel when you go to a questions thread, you ask a question and you literally get the response "you don't know enough about lifting"

Don't eat so many useless simple carbs, get in anywhere from .5 to 1 gram of protein for the body weight you intend to be, and keep lifting. Try to improve your lifts even with a calorie deficit, and don't lift on an empty stomach

How about something that isn't filled with sugar? Water is good.

Diet soda would work. Apple juice, and juice in general is a meme when it comes to "healthiness". It's basically soda with vitamins.

>don't lift on an empty stomach
Why not?

I don't mean eat supper and go lift immediately after, but don't lift before eating a meal that day. You will have nearly no energy to improve your lifts and may even do worse than normal. You can still do cardio in a fasted state for fat loss gains, but for muscle gains training fasted is bad.

Okay thanks but I'm really just trying to cut out all sodas.

But:
leangains.com/2009/12/fasted-training-boosts-muscle-growth.html
greatist.com/fitness/why-you-should-exercise-on-an-empty-stomach
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128058513

I'm talking from my own experience, if I lift without eating I will feel like absolute shit, and be unable to improve my lifts.

Look. There is no generic answer to this sort of question. Your program - which should be selected based on your goals and situation - tells you this sort of thing.

Its like asking "hey guys, when do I stop running more?" The answer is entirely based on what you're actually trying to do.

How true is it that lifting/getting fit makes you taller? I'm an ultra manlet and i would kill to be a little bit taller.

Unless you're below the age of 20 there is no hope.

try getting into tea, it worked ok for me
I would recommend starting with oolong

T-thanks.
Will it atleast fix my shit posture? my resting posture is shit so i'm pretty sure i can go from [spoiler]5'5[/spoiler] to [spoiler]5'6[/spoiler]

What happens if I lift but eat at a deficit? Lose weight I know but will it be like body recomp or will I lose muscle

I'm starting uni in the fall (engineering if it's of any relevance), I'm worried that between school and trying my best to be as sociable as possible I won't have time for the gym
Did I dun goofed guys?

Starting lifting on Monday (couldn't go this weekend; gym's cashier office only open M-F). In the meantime, I'm practicing form and trying to see if I can work out a good daily diet. Sort of new to nutrition, so I'm not sure if I'm not including vital details. Here's a log of what I ate today.

Breakfast:
Greek yogurt with walnuts and a peach.
759 calories
19.4g protein

I know the calories and protein are not balanced here. Apparently greek yogurt w/ honey has twice the calories, half the protein. Picked up regular greek yogurt as a replacement.

Lunch:
90% lean ground beef chili. 370~ calories, 35~g protein
Protein shake (recipe from friend: 2 scoops chocolate whey, banana, big scoop of peanut butter, milk). 600 Calories, 63g protein

Dinner:
8oz Grilled chicken breast w/ another peach (normally I'd eat brown rice and broccoli as sides, but my breakfast calories were too high this time). 310 calories, 51.4g protein

TOTAL:
2039 calories, 168.8g protein

I'm 5'10, 135 lbs.

forgot my question. Is this an acceptable diet? More, less calories/protein?

Put school and gains first, in that order. With good time management you'll be fine. Besides, hardly anyone has a bustling social life as a freshman at my uni.

You should lift either way, but yes it will fix your posture, provided you train every muscle.

Aight bros, some back story.

I started working out on 6/15/16, my stats then were
Bench 95 3x5
Squat 95 3x5
DL 135 3x5

Today is July 9th(Saturday, I worked out yesterday on Friday but a friend came over today. So I decided to ruin my SS routine and do an extra day with all 4 lifts with as much weight as I could

So I did
Squat 155 3x5
OHP 95 3x5
Bench 155 1x5 135 3x5 155 1x5
DL 255 1x4 275 1x1
Only thing I failed was the DL at 275

Do I continue from where I left off on Friday, or do I just continue from today? I wasn't supposed to work out today, but I did since I had BBQ with a friend and we got a bit drunk.

Also, how to fix anterior pelvic tilt? My ass is trying to highfive my back and my belly is kinda bulging out.

I've been doing

RDL to warm up before DLs
Stretching my hips(3 stretches)
And stomach vacuums+planks

Anything else to fix my posture quicker?

(Also, the weights at my house probably aren't accurate. They're probably 10% lighter than gym weights despite the number on their side, so you can minus 10% from any of my lifts)

What is a good bodyweight routine?

What is a good routine for a soldier?

try dicipline instead...

>2 scoops chocolate whey, banana, big scoop of peanut butter, milk

add some oats to that and you have the exact same shake that i make

you might need some more calories if you're bulking, but that really depends on your tdee

stretching routine recommendation? How many years to become gymnast-level flexible?

I'll have to figure out that tdee soon. What kind and how much do you put in, lad?

Should I deload if I notice shaking during any lift?

I bought my car on Wednesday so I only have about £10 to my name. I don't get paid until the end of the month. What I've been doing is just buying day passes and only doing compounds once a week, as I have doms for the rest of the week. I didn't go to the gym for 5 months and lost 50KG on my deadlift. Is this training enough for me to not have doms for when I get my full membership back?

Any recommendation for running shoes?

I want to start running on the beach, but I don't know which shoes I should look for.

bump for this question : i am asking that too

if the beach is clean: no shoes on sand is perfect

I hurt my wrist two days ago doing clean and jerk. Catching the bar after the clean pulled something.

How do I know if I need to take some action or should be less of a pussy and just ignore it?

Can you use the wrist for daily life shit or not? Try icing it (look up how that is done) and take some ibuprofen. See how you feel next workout

Shaking is not form breakage so no.

here the cheapest fruit are apples and oranges wich is better?

is it normal for someone new to experience strain on the lower back muscles during a goblet squat, with next to no strain on the quads?

im fairly new to lifting, and ive just started trying to work squats into my routine, problem is all i have is dumbbells, so i figured id try and squat 25kg that way so im at least doing some proper leg work. im going a bit lower than 90 degrees, but not so far as for the back of my legs to touch, and i think im keeping my back fairly straight.

SS without Powercleans or GSLP? (SS with Weighted Chins and dips as accessories)

Alternate between them, both are very good for you, in different ways (micronutrients)

I've just started lifting and I've gained about 3kg (6.6lb) in the past 3 weeks.

Is this sustainable? Is it beginner gains or just water retention from creatine?

how much do you jack off

Would it be feasible for me to increase my squat from 85kg to 100kg by the end of the year?

SQUAT in JOGGERS or SHORTS????

quick senpaitachi going to gym now

balls naked is the only correct answer

water retention from the increase in carbs and creatine yeah, but also some muscle

acceptable but you'll need more when your starting

im 5'6 and i have about 2800-300 on gym days

I use rugby shorts

same but i had a new pair of rly comfy joggers given to me yday and i wanted to wear them but scared itll stop me from going deep

are you doing your chin/pull ups?
replace all your curls with them if you aren't

Bunnp

should you do cardio everyday when on a cut?
and do you guys do a full body stretch routine every morning, and if so what is it?

Why are many full body beginner routines
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
instead of just AxBxAxBx?
Is that 1 rest day really gonna make a difference? I mean shit, if it does then you are already overtraining since instead of having 2 rest days you have 1, so what gives? Is it just so noobies can get slowly into working out and it doesnt seem much to them? Because I'm bored af on weekends boys.

I have very narrow shoulders, I need to broaden my frame. What are the best exercises for this ?

Can I make strength gains while on a calorie deficit? I'm not looking for any muscle mass, but strength purely.

It's not about specific exercises in that case, but about years of consistency. Work on your pull ups, deadlifts, bench and shoulder presses, throw in face pulls and lat raises if you'd like.

So you want to do something as injury prone as weighted dips rather than spend half an hour reading a book on powercleans and 2-3 sessions getting the form down?

Depends on few variables if beginner or early intermediate it's very possible the more advanced you get the harder it is to be done with the exception of the deadlift which seems to always shoot up when fatties lose weight probably due to better leverages.

No.
I do 1-2 sessions of HIIT cardio a week usually after I do my heavy squats session.
Only foam role my quads due to discomfort I get sometimes don't do much stretching so can't comment.

Hi Veeky Forums. I am a 5 foot 8 manlet who currently weighs 90kg at what I calculated to be about 22% bodyfat. I am looking to lose about 5kg, I know that i need a calorie deficit and all that jazz, but I was wondering what is the best way to maintain my strength.
If it helps, my lifts at 5 reps are:
140kg squat
110kg bench
154kg deadlift
67kg OHP
I am currently on Madcow as well.

Read this article barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/ follow the macros and start incorporating HIIT

Fellow 5'7 manlet here just recently did this whilst on Texas method and went from 83 to 77 kgs lifts are almost same for 5
160 squat
107 bench
167 DL
64 OHP
Just so you know it that shit took me about 3-4 months when before as a novice I could've done it in a month but that's the price of being stronger than a newbie.

Can someone tell me if this is worth a shit as a beginner's routine?

A
Flat bench 3x6-12
Incline bench 3x6-12
OHP 3x6-12
Dips 3x6-12

B
Squats 3x6-12
Deadlifts 1x5
DB lunges 3x6-12
Romanian deadlifts 3x6-12

C
Chin-ups 3x6-12
Barbell rows 3x6-12
Barbell curls 3x6-12
Barbell shrugs 3x6-12
Facepulls 3x6-12

AxBxCxx

I can only workout four days a week because of work. Will this suffice if I want to lose fat?

Not enough squats imo but then again I respond to more squats. Go for SS or SL preferably SS since the guy literally describes everything for you and all you need to do is stick to the plan and lift.

Fat loss is 90% diet 10% workout bro, and yes 4 days a week are plenty.

I did SS for a while but my lifts aren't up to intermediate yet and I found that I was really struggling with form, so I figured adding more reps before I could advance in weight would solve form issues

bumping for muh question

Water, for fuck's sake. Have some discipline.

How is 6-12 reps of squat supposed to help with form?
You mean any reps between 6-12 (to failure) and progress on weight once you achieve 12 reps?

Have you read the SS wiki?
For a beginners routine try to do full body at least 2, preferably 3 times a week. If that's not possible minimum 1.5 times a week. (for example upper/lower or push/pull AxBxAxxBxAxBxx)

You replaced sugar with sugar. Good job.

Be honest here man, did you read the book? If no really do read it the guy explains everything relating to it, however I would still stick to it and if worried about form do few things 1- add some sets are lower weight at the end to just get issues down.
2- post video on the forum i'm and honestly the coaches there gave me so many tips and helped me perfect my form they do take their time to respond but hey it's free advice.

What are your lifts at currently, also height weight etc..?

It has nothing to do with over-training and more to do with the fact that you can get more out of your novice stage and 3 days seems to do the trick, also the good thing about 3 days is if life gets in the way you always have more lee-way to change days.

I genuinely need that extra day for rest, to have time to spend on friends and family, and most importantly to study. So it helps.
Maybe take up a sport instead? play football or tennis or do cardio on the weekends? Do the full body as prescribed for a month or two before doing one-on-one-off though, since I don't think it's very wise to do full body like that.
If you can manage AxBxAxBxA... without dying and it doesn't confuse you (since a week is odd number of days), and you don't feel overtrained, and you don't do anything else with your life, i'd say go for it.

Not the one who asked but is it recommendable for dehydrating fatties to drink Gatorade while at workout?

I started at 6' 150lbs and i'm at 180lbs now.

Squats 225lbs
Bench 190lbs
Deadlifts 295lbs
OHP 135lbs

I really don't do anything else in my life, at least for the next month so I could be try AxBxAxBx.

I don't think there would be much of difference for progressing from 3 days to 3-4days, since I'm already used to training every other day. The weekends just seem too fucking long as I'm always in the house and I can't do anything else.

you understand low fat means high sugar right...
sugar converts to fat in the body....

im too tired for shit like this still Veeky Forums

6' 142lb Skel here,

Recently after doing dumbbell curls my muscles are no longer tense afterwards, this a good/bad thing or am I doing something wrong?

Yes. Also why is it so injury prone?

Best split for size and strength?

SS

this isn't a joke:
can roids make you bisexual because im getting boners from surprising things at the moment and i had a hard time not looking at my friends ass at the gym?

Sweet quads, because it's easy to slip up dips and fuck up your sternum or shoulders especially if fatigued.
Maybe if you read the actual ingredients of your local brands rather than act like a jaded retard it would help.

>own experience
Then don't lift without eating.
Stop asking stupid questions

What carbs can I slow cook and then box up in the fridge? I'm tired of rice.

He was answering someone else though.

I heard that potatoes can be cooked in them I would play around with normal and sweet potatoes, I don't have a slow cooker but I do box up baked potatoes for pretty much whole work week after making a batch in the oven.