Drive pic related in a mine

>drive pic related in a mine
>make $220,000 a year
>no time to lift outside of my days off

I'm not going to make it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/whd/overtime_pay.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you like your life? Honest question. Pretty good money but do you work long hours?

With an income like that lifting isn't really needed, this being said your social life must be pretty erratic

are you a miner in america?
where exactly do you work?

Holy fucking shit I work 60 hours a week as a financial analyst and I make half what you do.

How old are you? Is the job fulfilling and do you ever get to deal with anything exciting that makes you wanna go to work, at least for a day or two at a time once in a while?

I mean, shit. If I do well ill be pulling more by the time I'm 30, but to be a fucking machine operator and make almost a quarter million is fucking insane

>work for 5 years saving 90% of your paycheck
>get a part-time job doing literally anything that'll cover your food/bills
>bask in decades of semi-retirement with everything at your disposal

I couldn't be more jealous of you mang

why not?

OP here, I'm 24. I got this job by applying online after I took a $5000 dollar heavy equipment operator course. I work for shell Albian in northern Canada.

I have had offers to work in Australia for more, but I'm not interested in that. I get a nice retention bonus every year that's around 8-15k just as an incentive to keep me around, and it works.

I work 12 hours a day in a mine 7 days a week, then I get 7 days off.

> do fullbody routines on rest days, 3~4x a week
> pushups/pullups/pistol squats on work days, 3x a week

easy huh

cocksucker ive done that with 0 days off went from skelly to 2 pl8 bench in 7 months
also i make 45 a year

No joke, I would kill my whole family and cut my balls off for that kind of money

>I work 12 hours a day
was waiting to hear how many hours a day you work

you have time to workout bro, you just need to start seeing it as a necessary thing to do

perfect kind of job for the types around here who just want to cut off from the world and make mad cash

I personally couldn't ditch society like that right now

wake up early in my morning I'm a iron worker I have to get up at like 3:00 finish breakfast, quick shower, coffee all in 30 mins.
>go to gym workout for like 20-30 mins take a quick shower there
>sleep at 7:00-8:00
you'll have literally no social life though

That feel when spent £10,000 on NDY courses then the oil price dropped and I'm working in an office for £8 hour at an oil refinery waiting for it to start again so i can make mad dolla.

FUCK MGLKDLDG

The work shift is 12 hours, it's an hour drive there and an hour back by bus, so that's 14 hours. I get on the bus at 4:30 am and get home around 8pm. At which point I eat dinner. I have weights at home, but it's not the same.

I live in a city with 100,000 people, I haven't left society behind.

How are those figures calculated in america? Do you still have to pay taxes and get your insurance and old-age pension from that or is it already subtracted?

*NDT

is there fun stuff to do?

This, your current situation is an investment for the rest of your life, work for 5-7 years depending on how rich you want to be and how little you want to work afterwards. You've got it made bruv

Where did you take the course? How long til you completed it?

I live in Canada, it's all already deducted. I get Christmas bonuses and retention incentives of like $8-15k as well.

There's typical city stuff, theatres, restaurants, local events, shit like that. The city is always building stuff.

Most people here just buy quads and snowmobiles and guns and shit and have fun with those, or go travel every days off. I work with a guy that goes to Vegas every week.

How does one get a quarter mil a year for driving a forklift's big brother?

What OP isn't telling you is he's probably fucking up his health and both him and his employers know it.

I'm a Chemical Engineer that works for a mining company and we also have techs earning 6 figures on site, my friend who's a mining technologist got caught in fire retardant fumes never really recovered and years later his hospital bills alone almost completely bankrupt him.
We literally work out how long we are allowed to let people work on certain hazards they do the maximum regulations allow, but long term health effects are never properly studied so it's all a poor estimate. If you take hazard pay, you really are being put into a hazard in a very serious sense of the word.

That being said many people do get out with zero health issues. If these jobs are worth the risk to you go for it. Also know that you are giving up spending your youth in a city (which is fine if you can make friends quickly, but most people who only have a few months off lose their relationships quickly and spend their time in the city alone/with colluegues)

I took it at the local college, I was hired after a year. The course had a job placement program.

maybe work more like 15 years to be realistic with the way inflation is.

I would absolutely murder my entire family to get that job

>forklifts big brother
>can literally level an apartment building

If anything it's the bobcats bigger brother.

you give up your life for the money.

In straya the instructor of these roadtrains earns less than first-timers getting into the job, there's a reason for it. The instructor gets to live comfy in 1 place, whereas the roadtruckers constantly work and need to travel through the outback

I think l'd actually be okay with traveling a lot, l get bored if l stay in one place
And money is always a plus

A guy where I work drives dozer and has lived in the same place for 23 years

>mfw chosen to study Computer Science while seeing this
Why does this thread make me feel so mad? Should have done something like OP or gone to the police academy like I always wanted.
Anybody has some advice please?

Police my man, more rewarding and a lot cooler.

You're mad because his job seems easier and less qualified than yours, but look at that machine in the OP. It's a moving fucking fortress of diesel powered steel

What does he do with all his money? He must have millions

we got tricked by the 'you need higher education diploma to be successful'-mentality m8.

He has a lot of cool shit. Put his kids through school, bought him and his wife a Harley, an RV, travels a lot. Mediocre job but afforded him a great and comfortable life

>Dozer operator making more than a process op. You're lying OP, but I'm the only one here that knows.

Sorry I had to delete it I forgot mfw
I really don't know, I finished my first year in CS it went alright, considering seeing how the second year goes and if I find an internship for an year after it.
If not might as well go for the police academy.
I know user I feel your pain so much, what did you feel for?

>operations doing anything but sit on their ass and turn a valve at the press of a button once every 6 hours from their computers

>operators

lmao can you even read this?

That sounds fucking terrible. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with money they spend every waking moment thinking about their jobs and shit that they can't enjoy actual life.

>cool shit
>Harley and rv

Pick one. That's white trash bullshit.

> I know user I feel your pain so much, what did you feel for?

I studies business. Pretty OK, I'm just extremely lucky that I'm good at languages because that gets you an instant job here in yurop. (working proficiency in French, Dutch, German, English)

I wanted to become a farmer or a woodworker. I know it's shitty jobs for yurop, but I just wanted to do it.

Now I work in customer service in a local bank. Pay is OK and not far from home.

these guys do make a shitload though. overtime + high gov mandated wages for those jobs adds up. ive known guys with just high school diplomas make 80k in 6 months and take the rest of the year off

you can make it when you retire years earlier than your peers

>implying Harley's and RVs aren't cool shit for old people

At least u didnt fall for the STEM meme like
>be me
>major in chemistry high gpa apply for variouse labs, all of them pay 15 n hour or have similar sht pay
>be jobless or broke almost a year
>fuck this, realize conluting is the future
>go to coding bootcamp in ny for 15grand
>immediately after i graduated got a 70k/year job
I mean i did get lucky but i know others got slightly better if not close to what i make jobs after graduation
Honestly college has to be the biggest scam running in america right now

I know. I have a feeling we work in the same town, and maybe even the same company since he mentioned retention (and possibly thrift).

t. Owner of an above ground pool

> work work work
> no time to enjoy self

why work so much dude ? Only do half the time , get paid half and enjoy yourself ?

Then say what town nigger.

I work 7 days and get 7 off.

in other news,OP is full of shit or can't do math.

Being an operator, probably both.

>approaching end of medical degree
>changes to NHS since I applied now make being a jr dr absolute shit
>got offers to do festival and event management full time
>much less money, much less soul destroying
i feel like mistakes have been made

So to be clear 2pl8 is 90lbs?

Sorry that the time put in the chemistry shit didn't work out for you user.
If you could spare some more time to give me some insight, because I feel lost at the moment.
What are you exactly doing in an usual day at your job?
Any languages you would recommend, are in demand if you want a good paying job? Does the free material on the internet compare the course you did?
Just asking in case I continue down this path.

My typical summer job consists of me sorting pallets with a forklift. Its incredibly boring, but also stressfull because I have to do it as fast as possible. However it pays a lot for a simple summer job, I get 23.50 an hour.

But I realized this summer that I would much rather not earn any money than waste yet another summer in that storage unit. I also realized that I have no need to make huge amounts of money, I would much rather have a good comfortable job and enough to get by.

The worst part is that I don't really spend any money either, other than a little bit on good food. I have fallen for the money meme for way too long, and its time to enjoy my self and be more social.

>has easy job
>bitches about it

Tep lul

So I'm guessing I'd have to be in Canada or Australia just to learn to do jobs like this (that is, get certified)?

Ive been thinking about going to work in mining or oil for a long time but it seems I gotta give up my cushy academic lifestyle and risk a whole lot of money for a chance, not a certainty, of getting a job in those fields.

>pretty good

THIS

>tfw make 1/4 of what OP makes
why did i go into accounting

Well a couple things on this:
Only one report on glassdoor, so those numbers aren't gonna be concrete.

He works 12 hour days, 7 days every 2 weeks, so 1/3 of it is overtime pay. Let's say OT pay is 1.5x. so (1.5*0.33+0.67)*$55/hr*12hr*7days=140k/yr
+10k retention bonus = 150k
benefits could put him closer to 170k, and he might just make more money than the average for whatever reason.

Safe to say OP makes 150k, 220k honestly isn't much of a stretch

>academic lifestyle of shitposting
OP took the risk. Man up

>op stopped shitposting

Who gives a shit? If he wants to buy 100 gold-plated beer helmets because it makes him happy, so be it. And btw, a shit ton of doctors, lawyers and engineers own Harleys. Fun is fun, dick head.

The real easy money in mining is the environmental scientists they are legally required to hire, if you go "easy" on them with reporting minor infractions they will do anything to make you want to stay.

My Bio prof knew a water security scientist that worked in northern Saskatchewan, he wanted to move to Alberta since his wife got a job there but the mine didnt want to lose him so now they pick him up from calgary in a private jet every week just to fly him to the mine, he still earns his hourly rate while flying and is given a bonus based on the km travelled for every trip.

Those kinds of companies pay double/triple time and a lot of the workers work on their days off for extra hours. My uncle does that in a water truck. Literally prints money

Same goes with safety people. The less shit you stir in those positions the more they want you around. It's like a cop that turns the other cheek

Ausfalian miner?

Cmon man. Why couldn't you do this work? It's driving. Anyone can do it if you're willing to endure the isolation. I want to do it. I have nothing to lose.

I spoke with a guy on youtube that claimed he did 100 thousands hours on one of this. I was surprised and didn't believe him fully, but I guess he could have said true if you really don't have time for anything else.

So how would a person from the US be able to do what you do? Working 7 days a week and 12 hours a day sounds good to me but I don't know anything about the qualifications

Well damn, at triple overtime OP's numbers + glassdoor's numbers line up perfectly.
OP is not a faggot confirmed

Except Australia's outback is comparable in variety to ocean. My brother in law drives around Europe, which is pretty beautiful, but it got old for him after two years too.

Who here is serious about pursuing this work?

Because you don't want to hate yourself
>accounting
nevermind.

I'm sure I could do. What has me worried is that I probably can't get certified in my home country (there is no mining here at all, let alone at such a scale), meaning I would have to move out of my country just to get certified. This means permanently and irrevocably ending or at least weakening my current career progress, before I'm even so much as certified to get a job in mining/oil. Then I have to hope after I get certified I can actually land the job, and the industry isnt fucked over in the meantime.

I'd gladly invest the money to get certified if I could do it here, and once I got a job lined up I actually move out of the country and say farewell to my current career path.

But then again if it were all so easy, it wouldnt be worth it.

Shut up, nerd

you actually went to one of those coding bootcamp things, and it worked out?

does it normally work out?

ive been thinking about going to one of those. i just dont want to get scammed out of that kind of money

more details please

Just the OP probs

How does someone get started? I would want to do this but don't know where to start

I haven't even worked a job that pays actual overtime, just regular pay but more hours. Fuck me man

Just start your own business if youre that desprate

You can always try something else, but only if you know what you want. I was in your situation, dropped out, cause CS isn't really gaming all day as I thought, didn't know what else to do, so I got back and finished this shit. Still lost ton of time on something I don't really enjoy doing. Maybe I will start to like it. I hoped to refresh my knowledge this summer and try working as a programmer.

Entry level programming jobs aren't even twice minimum wage where I'm at. It truly is a shit tier career.

That's illegal in the US
dol.gov/whd/overtime_pay.htm

You did it wrong. My gf's sister majored in chem and didn't even have to try to get a job, they came to her. She got 18/hr and a completely flexible schedule, went to grad school and got 70k starting at the same job. She had job offers coming in all over the country for 80-110k starting, she just didn't want to move. STEM isn't a meme, it's very well known that you need a graduate degree to use it properly.

Well after hunting around for half an hour I can't see any ways to get into this field.

>Floor hands earn Walmart tier wages
>Heavy vehicle/Truck drivers in US, AUS, CAN all earn ridiculously low wages
So your telling me you just hit the jackpot?

Can't you just do that shit for 5 years then retire with a sensible lifestyle (or just do high paying very low hour part time work)?

What? You're telling me OP could have been exaggerating?

OP is full of shit

>Stand around and talk to people for 43 hours a week (average)
>Get paid $60/hr

Life could not be better.

2pl8 is 225. Xpl8 refers to hoe many 45s there are on one side of the bar + 45 for the bar.

>$220,000
>Chinese dollars
Kek

+45 for the bar
This meme again. Stop trying to trick people

give me ur helium filled bar bro

Do you also add 0.5lb for your gloves ?

What is your job?

Gyrocopter Fluids Maintenance

OP, help us out man how'd you score that job (training, location, etc.)?