Who here preps meals for the week?

Who here preps meals for the week?
I'm looking for other meal ideas. For this week I'm cycling between salmon and chicken. All the containers have brown rice, squash, brussels sprouts and onion.

It's a solid meal but I know I'll get tired of the same thing. I have some chicken left over and thin cut steaks for next week.

Post your preps and favorite meals.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5nbmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How does that not get soggy during the week?

I just microwave some bacon in the morning, throw eggs and whey together, and eat an endive. 5 mins tops.

Do you you have recipes? I want to start meal preping cause going out everyday for lunch at work is expensive and im starting to feel it in my pocket. Also majority of the food isnt healthy. Anyone have any tips?

Rice is pretty course and fibrous. Never had issues with it. I steam the veggies but not for too long so they still have crunch but aren't impossible to chew. The only thing that gets soggy is the squash

I don't stress too much about recipes. I just find out the cooking times for each meat and season appropriately. I also am a poorfag and loon for deals at the grocery. I got a salmon filet at the grocery for 6 dollars and was able to get three good sized pieces out of it. I would look up stir fry recipes for beef and chicken.

Buy a slow cooker.

I can dump some recipes that I use if anyone's interested.

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

I have one. Plz share.

I can't think of a way to make eating any more joyless and mechanical than meal prepping.

You don't have to eat the same meal over and over. There are tons of ways to make it palatable.

Chicken Fajitas

15 Ounces Reduced Sodium Black Beans
2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
16 Ounces Salsa
14.5 Ounces No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
2 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
1 Packet Low Sodium Fajita Seasoning Mix
1/2 Cup Red Onion
1/2 Cup Green Pepper
1/2 Cup Yellow Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
3 Pounds (48 Ounces) Chicken Breast

Calories in the whole recipe:

Calories: 2256
Fat: 32g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Sodium: 3930mg
Carbs: 174g
Fiber: 41g
Sugar: 51g
Protein: 318g

Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks when there's one hour left.

Serve w/ rice or a tortilla.

I currently live in the barracks and will be moving off to my own place in about a month. What are some good initial things to buy and sources for meals?

Chili. Don't have macros for this one

30oz black beans
30oz pinto beans
8oz tomato sauce
30oz spicy diced tomatoes
2 potatoes
2 chopped jalapenos (if you're a pussy don't put these in)
sriacha sauce (however much you want)
packet of chili seasoning
2lb shredded chicken breast
1lb shredded beef
1lb shredded pork

Cook on low for 9-10 hours

Mediterranean chicken

1 onion
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoonground black pepper
4lb chicken breast
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Combine ingredients except chicken broth and flour in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours.

Combine broth and flour and stir until smooth. Add to slow cooker and cook for another hour.

Just to be sure... This is for a slow cooker?

>Just to be sure... This is for a slow cooker?
Yes
I have more but that should keep you fed for a bit.

There's tons of slow cooker recipes out there and some youtube channels that focus solely on fit recipes that have some good slow cooker stuff.

Also be aware that you need a pretty big slow cooker to fit all this stuff. I have a 10 quart one but if yours is smaller you're gonna need to dial back the recipes or buy a bigger one.

is there a benefit of slow cooking? I'm pretty new to all of this stuff

It's easy. Literally set it and forget it.
Can cook anywhere from 5-10 meals with a few minutes of prep time.
Tastes good. Really hard to fuck up a recipe.
Potentially cheaper. You can use shittier cuts of meat and they'll still taste good and be tender.
Can be autistic and count macros if you want to, or you can just throw a bunch of shit in there and eat it later.

If you cook in bulk and meal prep without a slow cooker you're doing it wrong.

Alright thanks, I appreciate it!

good shit

how do you cook your brown rice

All this was very insightful for my college future. Take a (You), good sir.

I usually make two cups at a time.
pre wash it in the sink, bring a pot of water to a boil (1.5 cups of water per 1 cup of rice)
once it's boiling, put the rinsed rice in and lower the burner to about medium high (6) heat.
I cover the pot with a clear lid so I can see how the progress is going. I eyeball for doneness.
if you used the right amount of water, you shouldn't have to strain the rice once it's done. But in case it's runny, strain and serve.

I prep every 4 days. Food just tastes significantly bland after that.

One of these days I will get cooking and meal prep right.

Thank you friend.

How do you reheat it without everything getting gross?