SHOULD I MAJOR IN HISTORY OR PHILOSOPHY

Should I major in philosophy or history?

Studying business in college is fucking boring, and im not really a STEM minded person. My passion throughout my life has been studying history. I always received the highest marks in history and it was always a class I looked foward too. Philosophy is something that i've been studying on my own for the past few months, and though it doesn't come very easy, I find it mesmerizing and very intriguing. Obviously niether of these degrees have many jobs in the field other than teacher/professor which I wouldn't mind doing.

What I want to know is which field is more competitive? Which field has the most "job openings" at universities? Which field is generally more conservative/right wing minded? (I know their both liberal arts, but one of them has to be less pozzed than the other). What is the most competitive when it comes to grad school?

Money isn't an issue btw. If my dream of becoming a professor fails, I can work at the family business.

pic unrelated.

History.

Lots of opportunities for archival work, management jobs, along with anything that requires a lot of database management or writing. Also a good entryway into law school if you want to get your masters.

t. banker who got job from degree

thank you.

A liberal arts degree? Honestly, get a real degree. You want an education, not a political indoctrination. You can get the latter online easily enough.

Unless you just can't hack 4 years of actual education, then whatever just pick the easiest lib arts degree you can find at the cheapest institution that will take you. I understand the undergrad degree is needed for employment purposes, no sweat.

>A liberal arts degree? Honestly, get a real degree. You want an education, not a political indoctrination.

>A liberal arts degree? Honestly, get a real degree

I already told you STEM isn't for me, and business degrees are boring.

>. You want an education, not a political indoctrination.

You only get indoctrinated if you want to.

>You can get the latter online easily enough.
Did you not read the part where I said I wanted to be a professor

Assad is that you? Don't lie to me. That pic is totally related to you.

Stem= liberal arts retard. Liberal arts isn't a subject it's just a way of teaching

It's not a matter of whether they successfully indoctrinate you one way or the other. I have degrees, too, but I reject the general views of American liberal arts academia.

Rather, my point is that the degree itself is not educational in nature, except in the sense that you are learning a party line and obtaining a piece of paper that says you're educated.

>Waaah didn't you read the part where I want to be a professor

I didn't come here to hold your hand and walk you down the path to a professorship via a lib arts undergrad degree. I can lead a horse to water but I can't make it drink. If you are dead set on becoming a lib arts clown, and you are dead set on achieving that goal via a lib arts degree, then flip a coin for all I care.

Invest all your study loans in IOTA and you might become a millionaire in 7 years. If IOTA fails just become a code monkey. Wasting your money on a degree that qualifies you for a low paying job is going to fuck with your life.

Nope, you're the retard. Liberal Arts academia is used by many to refer to the various liberal arts clown show majors. If you want to parrot the advertisement slogans for your university, that's okay but spare me the insults.

kek Assad is definitely a STEMfag

I'm a computer science major and that's liberal arts
Mathematics is liberal arts
Biology Geology Statistics Economics Chemistry Applied Math

All liberal arts .

You do realize that getting a degree in engineering is a liberal arts degree right ?

Do you not know why we call it a bachelor of arts

>bachelor of arts means liberal arts

I'm a CS major and kinda wish I majored in history instead

History majors have a better idea of post graduation plans than I do

A Bachelor of Arts (BA or AB, from the Latin baccalaureus artium or artium baccalaureus) is a bachelor's degree awarded for an undergraduate course or program IN EITHER THE LIBERAL ARTS, SCIENCE, OR BOTH.

from your lib arts undergrad book of holy knowledge, wikipedia.org

Like I said, I know of multiple definitions. Evidently your holy text agrees and uses it in a similar manner at times.

You're trying too hard

>haha I was only pretending to be retarded

You really got me

If you don’t want to become a poorfag communist hipster with a useless degree then you need to either go STEM or learn a trade

See : I have no desire to get a job with my degree.

Why didn't you let me do history