Why do other potatoes even exist?

Why do other potatoes even exist?

Irish

taste good

M8.... put equal parts brown sugar and water, a whole orange peel, two cinnamon sticks, and two shots of Jack Daniels, boil and reduce the liquid to a syrup.

Drizzle that shit over mashed sweet potatoes and you'll probably cream your pants.

>sugar
>sugary alcohol
You'll get fat

what is moderation?

You have to add the sugar in order to make a simple syrup. It also acts as a place for those flavors extracted from other ingredients to latch on to.

That said you're obviously not supposed to eat two cups of this shit. Use your head.

but sweet potatoes aren't potatoes

The taste of those makes me feel sick.
Not everyone likes all of their dishes sweet you american fucks.
Honey on meat is horrible and you gobble that shit up like there's no tomorrow

I wish I could say the stereotype was bullshit but we Irish fucking love potatoes.

Post a recipe bro

When they caramelize in the oven they become sort of salty on the outside sweet on the inside, love that shit

>tfw got this whole box for 5 bucks

they are bruised and shit but I'm gonna wash and peel them to clean them up. gonna boil then mash them and put them in individual plastic bags and throw them in the freezer

I'm set for a few weeks I bet

THANK YOU BASED FARMERS MARKET

because it taste like shit

Your opinion is objectively wrong.

They serve as storage organs for nutrients for the potato plant. They are used for the plant's perennation (survival of the winter or dry months), to provide energy and nutrients for regrowth during the next growing season, and as a means of asexual reproduction.

what gym do you go to?

they taste like shit

i bought 2 to try them, one has been in the fridge for a week

Why would you eat that? Sounds very mean to the plant

Paddy's

>buy 2 kilos of sweet potatoes for weekend bulk
>go home the next day to find out grampa ate them all

So do Germans. Boil up a half a dozen with the skin on, just leave them on the kitchen counter wrapped in newspaper. They will keep for several days. Just grab one and eat it like an apple.

Yes but what are the poor people eating?

The traditional Okinawan diet was primarily composed of sweet potatoes. The Okinawans are incidently also the longest living people in the world (with the exception of Adventist vegetarians). Truly a god-tier starch.

fuckin kek

Sweet potatoes taste like pumpkin to me.

And I hate pumpkin.

>adding sugar to sweer potatoes

Murica

They eat a different kind

Hey give him a break, he's probably going to leave humanity behind soon

You do realize that when you cook protein with sugars they form complexes that activate both the sweet and umami receptors on you tongue. It's one of the most sought after flavors because normally they're activated individually which mean less dopamine spike in the brain. Cooking proteins with some sugar is literally God tier cooking. Do some research