Why so much hate against the indigenous civilizations?

This is supposed to be a savvy board but anytime new world civilizations are mentioned I always see hateful comments like "fucking savages had no writing" "nothing lost". Why is this, or is it only ok to talk about Byzantium and Rome?

blame inca poster for pissing off everyone

I think they were all fucking savages and nothing of value was lost in their extinction, but the ruins are pretty cool, and I'd like to know more about them all the same.

Because most people in Veeky Forums's interest boards have a passing interest in and therefore a limited knowledge of the relevant topics.

It's like 20-30% /pol/ crossposters, and the rest is reaction against that guy who calls us white folk 'Eurangatauns'.

... personally I think that guy is fucking hilarious, but some people don't like him.

Also fuck the christians for ruining the new world's neat religions.

Veeky Forums used to be less racist than now, but the incatard and the turk shitposting pissed most people off so now we've became /pol/ lite

The inca poster was a reactionary against that actually. It ended up fanning the flames though.

There has been occasionally good threads. A while back there was a good one about indigenous architecture. But I blame a lot of it on ignorance about the topic. They'll use something like Apocalypto as a reference guide to more or less how they were.

Because people were taught about them in public school and found that they were incredibly boring, which made it worse when the teachings got dragged out. Greece, Persian Empires, Rome, Chinese Dynasties, Western European kingdoms etc are all significantly more interesting alongside us having significantly more records and artifacts to look at.
The start of Veeky Forums was chock full of holocaust argument threads and we wuz threads, so not really.

post more pics

They're not really part of the general education most people receive. In college the core classes for history were western civ 1 & 2, which dealt with mesoamerican civilization only in passing that they were conquered by spain. I considered a history major at one point, and I don't remember ever seeing any classes on precolumbian civilization offered - just a lot of Greek, Roman, 19th/20th century, renaissance, French revolution, stuff like that. If you want to learn about it you kind of have to go looking for it yourself, so it's no wonder people know so little about it.

This is a city named Mayapan

Holocaust is just staple Veeky Forums shit, but people didn't hate native Americans on here before the incatard, that's a fact.

>building cities
>not scattered but densely-populated coastal villages

>I think they were all fucking savages and nothing of value was lost in their extinction,
You think? We'll never know what was lost because the Spaniards who burned all of their books got to write their history. But I'm glad you think you know the value of what was lost.

It's just /pol/tards crossposting

>and nothing of value was lost
Vasconcelos, plz.

Nazi here, I think the destruction of the Incan and Aztec empires were travesties, but I will always argue the holocaust is grossly inflated.

because there are too many poltard basement dwelling neet nigels fapping to the images of their empire while muhammad is fucking their mom

Incatard comes from pol.

If we ban pol posters everything is solved.

>fucking stone age natives :)
>Actually, Amerindians had a higher development rate compared to europea-
>I'm fucking pissed now! :(

I found that almost all people who talk shit about /pol/ are from /pol/ themselves. Incatard, the Turkshit, the /leftypol/ brigade, the wewuzers, the cuck spammers, everyone comes from that faggot board.

>the incatard and the turk shitposting pissed most people off
You forgot to mention Whi*e Nordicks supremacists from /pol/.

>us white folk 'Eurangatauns'.
It should be a compliment

Anglo(Germanics) mentality.

Because people are retarded about history and/or very Eurocentric. People will deny history if it doesn't fit with their worldview too which is pretty sad.

I don't mind that Inca poster but I find it ridiculous that he thinks that just because the Mayans and Aztecs had some cool architecture or irrigation that it makes up for them being literal millennium behind most of the known world.

Actually, Amerindian superiority is based on their higher development rate compared to europeans. How is this hard to get?

these artist's representations are always somewhat dubious to me

It started as a reaction to some Incaposter calling all white people "Eurangutangs" and denigrating Europe as a whole. Then it just kind of took on a life of its own.

>everyone across the globe must develop the exact same technological advances in the same time frames!
this is a foolish way of thinking. different people come up with different solutions to their problems, which can end up being effective without being elaborate.

They also arrived in their lands several thousand years after the Asians and Europeans, which means the Old Worlders had a head start on developing agriculture and consequently civilization. Come on now.

Nah, there were always shitposters spamming conquistador wewuzery and lies spread by chronicles among other anglo whitey burden delusion. The threadly reminder of they deserved that fate was present and the wrong misinformation of why they fell, was always present.

there are objective measures of development like the ability to work metal on a massive scale, the ability to use animal power, to harness forms of energy for industrial purposes, the sophistication of trade and laws and the ability to cross the ocean in the first place.

the oldest suspension bridges in the world.
>muh! savages.

Americans need to find excuses to deny their genocide

Reading the many praises and awe the Spaniards wrote when they saw Tenochtitlan is not surprising. Especially considering there were even bigger structures and cities predating the Aztecs like Teotihuacan (though they had a smaller population) or the structures of Cholula and El Mirador.

Do you know who originally drew the top drawing of Yaxchilans bridge?

no i don't.

I only have mesoamerica pics, and a handful of north american, but if anyone has south american pls post.

Is they were so advanced has you claim, they would can fight europeans

Really, why are you so retarded?

>Daily reminder wh*tes destroyed the hydraulic engineering around Tenochtitlan and they literally couldn't figure out how to rebuild it.

this city was contemporary with ancient Rome.

We hate Amerindians for the same reason we hate G*rms: Autistic fucktards constantly spam MUH INDIANS STRONK in every thread even slightly related to them. It get's incredibly irritating and makes us hate the autist AND his pathetic obsessions.

yes, and? lacking those doesn't somehow reduce the legitimacy of a civilization, they had adequate solutions to problems that those "measures of development" would have solved. you're projecting your mindset onto history here, life isn't a civilization game where you must constantly advance to the next era of technology.

Don't be dumb, every people does this. And you only hate the Germans because they did to Europeans what they did to other peoples.

it's interesting to think how the Spaniards who thought so lowly of the Mesoamericans ancestors at least the the Spanish nobility lived like pic related while the "savage" Indians where buildings these great cities.

>really makes you think

I recall reading a conversation between a friar and priest in northern mexico. He asked him, why they worship a foreign god from so far away from their lands (middleast), and "are your own gods not good enough?". The friar thought this was a devil trick trying to confuse him.

based injuns!

>Incatard, the Turkshit, the /leftypol/ brigade
one and the same

this incredible Mayan structure was built in 300BC!!!

eurangutans can't handle being second best to Incas

Its clearly is. Because we wiped out their civilizations.

El Mirador was indeed impressive. Wish more could be excavated.

>the European peninsula is settled by anatomical moderns 30,000 years before the Americas
>this means modern Europeans had an inferior development rate compared to all Amerindian groups despite the fact they technically never made it out of the Neolithic

except you couldn't even spell paleolithic or pleistocene if you wanted to

>like the ability to work metal on a massive scale
give them trade with the mesopotamians and would have done even better than the old world
>Mesopotamia was fully into the Iron Age by 900 BC. Although Egypt produced iron artifacts, bronze remained dominant until its conquest by Assyria in 663 BC. The Iron Age began in Central Europe about 500 BC, and in India and China between 1200 and 500 BC.

>As soon as the inhabitants of Guacasualco (Present-day Gulf of Mexico) and the neighbouring districts had learnt that we offered our goods for barter, they brought us all their golden ornaments, and took in exchange green glass beads, on which they set a high value. Besides ornaments of gold, every Indian had with him a bronze axe, which was very highly polished, with the handle curiously carved, as if to serve equally for an ornament as for the field of battle.
- Bernal Diaz del Castillo, The True History of the Conquest of New Spain, Chapter XVI

>Cortes issued orders to all the townships which lay in the vicinity of Texcoco, and were in alliance with us, for each of them to furnish him with 8000 bronze points for our arrows, to be made after the model of our Spanish ones, of which some were sent them for that purpose.
>He allowed them eight days for the making and delivery of these; and indeed both the arrows and the bronze points arrived at Tezcuco in the time specified. Our stock of these now consisted of 50,000 pieces, and the arrow points made by these people were even better than those we brought from Spain.
- Bernal Diaz del Castillo, The True History of the Conquest of New Spain, Chapter CXLVII

Forgot to say last pic was of Teotihuacan.

This is Tlatilco, Valley of Mexico preclassic civilization (c.1200-800 BC)

>the ability to use animal power
Pic related is an European bison, closely related to the American bison. Neither of those is domesticated up to this day.

>In another large building, numbers of idols were erected, and these, it is said, were the most terrible of all their gods. Near these were kept all manner of beautiful animals, tigers, lions of two different kinds, of which one had the shape of a wolf, and was called a jackal; there were also foxes, and other small beasts of prey. Most of these animals had been bred here, and were fed with wild deers' flesh, turkeys, dogs, and sometimes, as I have been assured, with the offal of human beings.

>Motecusuma had likewise a variety of aviaries, and it is indeed with difficulty that I constrain myself from going into too minute a detail respecting these. I will confine myself by stating that we saw here every kind of eagle, from the king's eagle to the smallest kind included, and every species of bird, from the largest known to the little colibris, in their full splendour of plumage. Here were also to be seen those birds from which the Mexicans take the green-coloured feathers of which they manufacture their beautiful feathered stuffs. These last-mentioned birds very much resemble our Spanish jays, and are called by the Indians quezales. The species of sparrows were particularly curious, having five distinct colours in their plumage—green, red, white, yellow, and blue; I have, however, forgotten their Mexican name.

>There were such vast numbers of parrots, and such a variety of species, that I cannot remember all their names; and geese of the richest plumage, and other large birds. These were, at stated periods, stripped of their feathers, in order that new ones might grow in their place. All these birds had appropriate places to breed in, and were under the care of several Indians of both sexes, who had to keep the nests clean, give to each kind its proper food, and set the birds for breeding. In the courtyard belonging to this building, there was a large basin of sweet water, in which, besides other water fowls, there was a particularly beautiful bird, with long legs, its body, wings, and tail variously coloured, and is called at Cuba, where it is also found, the ipiris.

- Bernal Diaz del Castillo, The True History of the Conquest of New Spain, Chapter XCI

>In the second square of the same house were the wild beasts, captured by Montezuma's hunters, in strong cages of timber ranged in good order, and under cover: lions, tygers, bears, and all others of the savage kind which New Spain produced; among which the greatest rarity was the Mexican bull, a wonderful composition of diverse animals. It has crooked shoulders, with a bunch on its back like a camel; it flanks dry, its tail large, and its neck covered with hair like a lion. It is cloven footed, its head armed like that of a bull, which resembles in fierceness, with no less strenght and agility.

- Cortes letters compiled by Solis y Ribadeneyra

Epiclassic (c.900) El Tajin voladores, Totonac civilization of the gulf coast.

Zapotec artisans.

Classic period Zapotec burial.

Teotihuacan.

Maya

>to harness forms of energy for industrial purposes
1500 km away from Tenochtitlan (and therefore their supply lines), 3000 men available and a lake to cross in the jungle of present day Honduras. What do the Spanish do?
Sit there and watch the subhumans isolated from the rest of the world build a bridge of 1000 posts in 4 days because they didn't know how to do it, despite having acces to the Greek, Roman, Indian and Arabic maths and engineering.

>They agreed to work at it viribus et posse, and began at once to divide the task between them, and I must say that they worked so hard, and with such good will, that in less than four days they constructed a fine bridge, over which the whole of the men and horses passed. So solidly built it was, that I have no doubt it will stand for upwards of ten years without breaking —unless it is burnt down — being formed by upwards of one thousand beams, the smallest of which was as thick round as a man's body, and measured nine or ten fathoms (16.8-18m) in length, without counting a great quantity of lighter timber that was used as planks. And I can assure your Majesty that I do not believe there is a man in existence capable of explaining in a satisfactory manner the dexterity which these lords of Tenochtitlan, and the Indians under them, displayed in constructing the said bridge: I can only sav that it is the most wonderful thing that ever was seen.
- Fifth Letter of Relation by Cortes to Charles V

With 1086 posts, U Bein, the longest wooden bridge in the world is 1.2 km long. It took 2 years to build, and they got the wood by disassembling an old palace located nearby.

comfy Maya village. Idk why apocalypto made them look like modern day hunter gatherer amazonian tribesmen when this is how a villlage should have looked like.

Maya city