People who are so intimidated by squats they'll use any excuse to avoid them

>people who are so intimidated by squats they'll use any excuse to avoid them

Just hand in your mancard right now you fucking pussies

Jesus christ how can you even call yourself a man being such a little bitch?

>muh back problem
>muh knee problem

Weird thing everyone has all the shoulder health in the world to do benchpress lmao, enjoy kyphosis and disproportionate physique fucking faggot

Just admit it already, you think its tough to squat, or you're afraid of standing under a heavy weight, you goddamn wuss lmao.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgruvnnqP3JQ2ZQ_s_xDk2jQy20cwlFIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw 3 plate squat before I could bench bodyweight (75kg lmao)
>Halved squat volume for more bench to become porportionate
>I wasn't even doing SS

I've not squatted for the past 3 months because I'm recovering from spinal surgery...

Spinal surgery I underwent because I fucked up my back squatting.

I have another 3 months ahead before I can squat or deadlift again.

Does this make me a wuss?

>copy pasta
You literally copied this post word for word. Same pic.

Depends... What is your best back squat?

I can split squat 155lbs for 3x5
I can squat 155lbs for 3x5
I don't know what's wrong with me unless it's my form being fucked but I work nights and there's no one in the gym to spot me.

Fuck you and your fucking squats.

>literally you OP refers to

Hah, hows training working out for you ?? lmao

Learn how to bail a squat pussy

just get the safety rack under you or learn to bail out (which you should learn anyway).

if your forms good, then it's just nervousness and hesitance. only way to beat that is to do that weight.

>then it's just nervousness and hesitance.

AKA being a fucking pussy

I use the horizontal leg press because even though I wanna do squats, I can't check my form or know if I'm going to at least parallel and I can't ask anyone for help because I'm too autistic and a neet.

>tfw you think as you approach the squat rack, other guys will say ha look at this fag, he thinks he can squat.

:(

you're only a pussy if you don't put that weight on your back and squat it m8.

Word, thanks. I know it's not impressive or even good because that's my bodyweight as well but I feel I've come a long way from stepping out of the rack backwards with 75lbs.

190kg.. adjusting for e stats that's 170kg.

I actually injured it squatting 110kg on a delay which is the embarrassing thing

So go ass to grass and/or put a mirror in front of you.

Squats are my favourite exercise there pretty much the only thing im good at and im the only one at my shitty cardio gym who does them.

*Deload

People would look at me then and I don't want the attention or those feels of knowing they're thinking shit about me

goddamn you're a retarded fucking pussy.

Just JUST hurt my vastus medialis 2 hours ago trying to live up to your masculine ideals OP.

I think I have tight hip flexors and was squatting wider stance than normal... I think that's what did it.

I know :(

I was gonna get a few PT sessions so then I can have them show me how to do deads and squats and the other people won't laugh because hey I'm getting help.

I know people don't really give a fuck either way but fuck, I wish I could stop those feels.

>people will look at me for going ATG
Let them witness.
Do you bumble down the street worried about if you're walking funny?

> your masculine ideals OP.
>literal entry level requirements to be considered a male

haha okay lol, its only your fault that you got injured for having the "haha fuck le mobility work" attitude

I literally have an anxiety attack every time I walk in because the girls on the desk say hello.

Same here. I fucking love squats and what's more I'm 190cm, so it's a lot more difficult.

I don't get the "skipping leg day" meme. I get that everyone wants big arms, but why the fuck would you want to be out of proportion? Fucking ridiculous.

Look at some fucking vids on youtube and record yourself...

>im 190cm

What a shitty fucking excuse, im 186 and i highbar 180kg+ beltless for doubles

>literally
>anxiety
Tumblr, have you considered ... serving your community?

>go back to high bar for a month on month off with low bar
>squatting 125 kg atg
>girl near me just straight up watching and smiles and gives me a thumbs up when i rack it

alri

>no mobility
>have fucked myself

This is true, yes.

>squats are my favourite exercise
>i can only squat 100kg
>normies at my gym think this is impressive

Already doing Squats. But I'm just starting out (only 5x85kg) and I'm scared to hurt myself.
If I go ass to the grass, my lower back gets round. Should I just go on and hope I get flexible enough by the time I reach real weight? Or not go as deep?
Pls help

c'mon, at least I don't let it stop me going to the gym, I'm just a bit timid about the bigger manly lifts when I don't have any experience. I wish I had a neet brah to show me the ropes :\

Ankle or hamstring flexibility.
You're losing tension in the bottom of your squat.

>squatting
wtf when will this stop.
just get on the rowing machine. boosted my traps massively

I'm sorry, it doesn't stop you from wasting your time in a place you clearly have no business being in since you refuse to completely overcome one single obstacle that will forever impede or prevent progress?
I just want to make sure I'm reading that right because I have quite a few friends with actual issues in the realms of single and double amputations, vertigo, and paralysis who can sack up better than you.

wew btfo desu

Here faggot, have a watch of a couple of these, in particular the deadlift and squat mobility ones. Gives some decent explanations and ideas for simple exercises to help improve ankle and hip mobility.
Good luck progressing

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgruvnnqP3JQ2ZQ_s_xDk2jQy20cwlFIM

>What a shitty fucking excuse

What excuse?

Can you read?

>190cm so its harder

Lmao fuck off you fucking retard, that is not why you suck at squatting. You suck at squatting becuase you train like a bitch.

a beginner question
is it safe to squat without a belt

Moron, if you're taller it's more difficult. Period.

Where did I say I suck at squatting or try to make an excuse for it?

If I recall, I said I loved squatting, and using your brilliant comprehension skills you deduced I must suck at them.

retard spotted

yes

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yeah, you'll know when you'll need a belt. there's no reason to squat with a belt for quite a while.

yes, just don't put 100kg on the bar your very first time....

Read/watch something about core bracing if you're worried, basically just flex your abs throughout the movement and keep your back straight and that will protect your back. Belt will come later

thanks senpaitachi will look into it

Don't worry breh
I was squatting 240kg. Then I tore ligaments in my lower back from doing a deadlift with slippery shoes (slipped on the floor and yep, shit went wrong, was 140kg warm up)
So I couldn't squat for 8 months.

I managed 200kg recently but it wasn't to depth. I'm too scared now because a little buttwink may cause massive amounts of pain/injury.

But do you compete? Does it MATTER to your life? My legs didn't lose size as I did leg press, I focused on upperbody strength. I can run again and sprint again. Is it a big deal...? Unless your career depends on it don't worry. You're not a wuss.

I just was a powerlifter for the fun of it, lifting for 6 years. I'm 21 and a Uni student, going onto final year. If you injure yourself, back off. Don't let it beat you down mentally. You'll get back there.
I tore my pec last year and took 9 months for it to heal. I couldn't bench the bar for a long time, I'm now doing 140kg x 10 bench which is 2 reps off my best on bench.
When I was injured I freaked out thinking I'd lose everything. Ended up focusing on fat loss and got down to 12% bodyfat at 83kg 5'10. I'm like 18% 102kg right now because exams life, study lyfe# who tracks macros when studying?

Don't let it beat you down breh.

I started squatting on Friday, feelsbad that I don't have anyone to correct my form for me or spot me, no one in my family lifts, so I always have to go alone, which is fine by me, i'll make it.

I envy people who have a workout buddy or strong family member that knows what they're doing, gotta play with the cards i've been dealt, though.

Kek dyel manlet confirmed.
Im this guyIm 193cm so i know what you mean. ass the grass is a long way down

> youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgruvnnqP3JQ2ZQ_s_xDk2jQy20cwlFIM
only 30 mins in but wow the squat one really is good so far. seems my ankles are the problem

also bonus points for being german

Use phone and record yourself. If you don't feel comfortable asking someone to do it (seriously we've all been there it's no biggie) just prop your phone against a plate or on a bench and start video, do a set, walk back and review.

Yeah bro, that whole channel is pretty sweet. Some awesome strength battles for motivation and some informative stuff as well. For some other basic info check out Johnie Candito or Alan Thrall. Both cover some good fundamentals for technique of the main lifts.

Yeah thanks, one of the big guys in the gym recommended me Thralls channel when I asked him for advice on OHP. Didn't even know how bad my bench press was before I've seen his video on that.

Honestly I used to love doing sqauts and was progressing well with them but now whenever I try to go heavy and do 5x5 my right knee audibly clicks, I still sqaut lighter weight for 4x8-10 but I want to reach lmao3pl8, does anyone have any tips on how to fix knee clicks because this has been depressing me for about two months now

google "how to fix the clicks"

Whenever I squat, my left shoulder hurts, like pushing the bone too hard into the shoulder blade. It's only when I squat, though. What could be wrong? It also hurts just setting up my grip for a squat.

>people fell for the squat with a belt meme

You are actively squeezing your core and back during a squat to stay upright and not crumple. effectively at least imo removing the actual strength building benefit to those muscle groups by belting up. If you only see squat as a leg exercise thats fine but unbelted squat > belted squat until you surpass 3.5 plate. If you cant support that without a belt you should deload or train your back better

You do realise that using a belt increases abdominal activation, right?

>tfw was squatted 257.5kg, then now have a facet joint sprain, coupled with erector strain
Just failed 4pl8 for a double
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI

Front Squats > Back Squats

>stopped squatting for 8 months due to lack of motivation to due so
>used to rep 375 for 3
>start getting back into squat month and a half ago
>can barely do 315

I fucked up

>been neglecting squats for a long time until recently
>started 5x5 135lbs
>adding 5lbs each workout
>squat every 3-4 days
currently only squatting 170lbs for 5x5 but feels good

I squat but I feel I've been stuck at around 90 kilos for about six months now. My best 1RM is 115 kilos but I'd like to increase my working weight. Once I step over 90 kilos I lose tighness and my form slips up.

183cm
77 kilograms

What do?

I'm way more intimidated by benching than anything else. I squat twice a week but haven't bench pressed in months (I still dumb bell press regularly.)

>get gym membership
>ready to get my workout on
>gym is full of HUGE dudes
>I'm talking 10 of them at least 150lbs
>Squat press rack is occupied by a jacked muscle guy
>"you wanna work in a set?"
>I tell him I just had back surgery (a lie)
>head over to butch press arm thingy
>literal Hercules is lifting at least 200lbs
>"no thanks, I just had shoulder surgery" (a lie)
>go to running machine
>Black guy has the machine all the way up to level 8
>stand on machine next to him
"Never mind, I just had foot surgery" (a lie)
>I just pick up the 2 lb Dumbbells and to lower arm hand curls
>then I do a couple of sit-ups
>drink some water
>go home

How the hell am I supposed to get fit? I'm not scared, I have a chemical imbalance that is giving me severe anxiety. If someone knocks on my door, I literally hide behind my couch until the go away

I have googled this but it kinda is hard to describe

when i squat i get a pain in my groin, it happens about 4 reps into my first set and lasts the rest of my workout...its only when i come out of the bottom of my squat....anyone have any similar pain? my form is pretty good and i have tried both wide and narrow stances but it hurts the same either way.

yesterday i did my 4x5 with 100lbs and one set of 5 @ 110 for what thats worth

fix your head first man what the hell

i bet all of them are really nice people, dude, just gotta go with the flow and do your workout

you're lucky you have people who actually work out at your gym, i'd love an atmosphere like that, i go to a commercial gym (pure gym) so it's mostly just people doing cardio

Every year over five million people visit orthopedic surgeons for knee related injuries and problems. Mild knee injuries include iliotibial band syndrome, runner’s knee (tenderness or pain near the front of the knee cap), or tendonitis (degeneration or inflammation within a tendon). Severe knee injuries can involve damage or bruising to cartilage or ligaments. The four major ligaments in the knee that are commonly injured are the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), the medial collateral ligament (MCL), anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), and the lateral collateral ligament (LCL).

Knee joints are easy to fuck up. My left knee popped out if place at work doing same thing I've done last 2 years. I'm 29. It's happened 2 more times in the last 5 months. I still squat but I go light and stretch plenty beforehand. It's a scary feeling not knowing if my knees is going to give on a lift, some people might not be up for it.

>huge
>over 150

Come the fuck on idiot why are your standards so low?

i almost died doing squats. i get flashbacks when i see the rack.

gonna hit 100kg front squat soon, can't wait famalam, the most I ever saw someone squat in my gym was 120kg

You're honestly pathetic, go back to /r9k/

I lifted for the first time today and squats really hurt my knees. It made it hard to walk home. Is this normal?

I actually cant do squats. Every time I do them my left leg hurts because I have a hole in my adductor magnus from a biking accident. Biked over a a rock when I didnt use my hands and got the steering wheel to my leg and passed out.

Also, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Can't do squats right now. Had worked up to 4 pl8, never any issues, payed a lot attention to proper form and knee travel.

Still, some pain developed and it seems that it comes from tight everything-around-knees.
Apparently my patellar is suffering from too much pressure against the knee because of that.

No fucking idea but it pisses me off a lot.

I tried squats. I figured I could do 2 plats my first try with no warmup.

Suddenly I heard a crack and the weight fell with me under it. I had the saftey bars set pretty high so it caught most of the weight.

When I looked down, I realized the crack sound wasn't my leg breaking, it was my dislocated knee hitting the floor and splitting open. There was literally blood everywhere as it really made a splat and sprayed all over when it hit. So I noticed some 8/10 qt was staring with her mouth open, probably horrified. I just slammed my knee back in place, grabbed the bar and finished the lift with a scream that could wake the dead. As I walked to the locker room, the blood was pooling in my shoe and making squish-squish sounds every other step all the way leaving a trail of gore.

Do you think it will be over training if I squat again tomorrow, or should I wait the customary 48 hours?

Nah I think you're good. Probably just some beginner DOMS you need to iron out.

I'm too afraid to start because I literally have no friends and won't have anyone to spot me and tell me if I'm doing something wrong that could hurt me.

you already have a belt, its called your abs