Veganism

So, i tried Veganism for 2 months. So far i havent lost any gains and the only thing i can say about it is taking shits, way fucking better. And i feel lighter. Other than that, no changes in weight or lean mass. What are your thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

theveganrd.com/vegan-nutrition-primers/vitamin-b12-a-vegan-nutrition-primer
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1252113/pdf/biochemj01140-0284.pdf
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/10/italian-baby-kept-on-vegan-diet-taken-into-care-after-being-foun/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264262/Woman-killed-friends-baby-feeding-sausage--despite-warned-choke-him.html
wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/freshwater_problems/thirsty_crops/cotton/
wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/freshwater_problems/thirsty_crops/cotton/impacts/
telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/qi/8049221/QI-Quite-Interesting-facts-about-bugs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TdQ4TVncurw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>better shits
def true. smoother coming out. doesn't stay hanging when u know there's still some left.
>no changes in weight
depends on what u eating man. u still cheating man?

What was your decisions to go vegan? Just curious as I don't see any Heath advantages others than you smooth shits

I went vegan and I Kept farting like a mofo because of all the beans.

didn't lose weight but I also read skinny vegans are really just people with an eating disorder using veganism as a scapegoat.

was vegans for 4 months. ended it when my gf bought donuts one day. will try it again next year

>M
No, no cheating at all. Only vegan food, vegan protein and 8g of creatine (just like before).

Cant stand the shit they do to animals, but thats my choice, you're all free to eat as much meat as you want. Not gonna be another one of those preachy annoying vegans.

It's for morons.

I read somewhere that we fart a lot because our intestines arent used to digest so much fiber. But it stops after a while.

Dont be offensive mate, i dont care that you eat meat, just continue to do so. Not here to preach, im here to discuss the subject.

I can understand beef and pork but why do people give single fuck about chickens, lambs and calves?

>What are your thoughts on it?
Good for you. /thread

Because they show some degree of empathy and sentience. Some animals are easier to eat than others i guess. Like, eating a dog in the west would be discusting, but not a pig. Even if they have about the same intelligence and sentience.

I've been trying it for the last month, I'd been hearing about it for years but it wasn't until I started looking into the nutritionfacts account on youtube (or nutritionfacts.org) where I actually gave it some serious thought.
I'm hard on pure unbiased and robust scientific evidence and I'd never seen so much evidence for a plant based diet before. Honestly, nutritionfacts on youtube is my bible now desu.

Shits feel soo much better and don't hang around in my ass in this way that used to make me feel really uncomfortable. Feel better mentally too.

Ive been semi-vegan (I allow myself some cheese once a week) for about 2 months now.
The main reason I decided to go vegan was because I have sebhorric dermatitis (basically facial dandruff and very red raw patches), which was crippling my self esteem.
I shit you not, my face cleared up within a week and it has continued to look great even now.
Also, as stated by others in this thread, shitting is so nice now, it just comes out in a nice firm consistent manner and it smells more 'garden-y', rather than traditional shit smell.

Then you're a Flexitarian.

not him but the whole label thing is really petty. I don't eat meat or milk 90% of the time. and still call myself vegan

I was vegan for 13 years. Sounds good. Take a B-12 supplement, and take watching your nutrition seriously.

Not really, man. Veganism is "a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment. In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals."

This originates from the Vegan Society when it registered as a charity in 1979. Since then, people have just been jumping on the bandwagon only to eat fish and other meat and dairy occasionally and demand to be called vegans even though they are not.

Anyway, those who eat a vegan diet but do not follow the vegan lifestyle are simply eating a plant-based diet.

Can confirm shit effect. My brother-in-law said my shit smelled like vegetables.

Who cares lol

Because there is a clear difference. Vegans extend their lifestyle beyond food, but try to limit as much animal suffering as possible without being too inconvenient. They will buy non-animal clothing and purchase items that don't practice animal testing. Plant based dieters are only doing it for the health benefits.

It's like if someone calls the US a democracy, when it is clearly a representative republic even though many citizens are politically uninformed and actually think it is a democracy.

Check the context, this is a fitness board, not a 'muh ethics' board. See, this is why vegans have such a bad reputations, they can't seem to shake off an obsession with semantics.

Thinking about going flexitarian, Leanne Ratcliffe definitely put me off veganism for a long time with her bullshit, but it's obvious that reducing meat and stuff will ultimately benefit my health. I don't think I'd be able to maintain Vegan/Vegetarian lifestyle for life though.

Semantics is usually splitting hairs but the core aspect of veganism is a lifestyle seeking to limit ALL forms of animal cruelty and exploitation. I fail to see how this is being pedantic when that is its definition established by the society that formally created the term.

>It's like if someone calls the US a democracy, when it is clearly a representative republic even though many citizens are politically uninformed and actually think it is a democracy.

God fucking dammit I'm fucking tired of hearing this a representative republic is a type of democracy jesus christ kill yourself

Sorry, I should have been clearer. But what I mean was people think the US is a direct democracy. I thought it was inherently implied representative republics are a type of democracy.

nah I'll still call myself a vegan because I'm allowed to label myself whatever I like. stop acting like a religion lol

Remind me again why you care so much about why a random user who rarely consumes dairy products identifies as vegan?

People can have multiple interpretations of certain words. Doesn't make anyone's interpretation any less right or wrong. But when you attempt to force YOUR chosen definition down someone's throat, that's when you cross the line into dogmatism and nobody will take you seriously. "Plant based", please, everyone knows that's vegan code for 'not vegan enough'.

did you stop if you start to become green as vegan gain ?

It because of a few sugars that we don't break down very well unless we consume them regularly.

He meant mormons.

Vegan is a lifestyle. You cant just call yourself a Christian and then reject half your religion. Veganism is moral choices, you cant just ignore some of them and call yourself Vegan. Therefore, a Flexitarian is someone who has a mainly vegan diet but still has some cheating involved. Nothing wrong with labels.

Im a nigger cause i like getting tanned! Yep, i can label myself whatever i want...

Christ shut the fuck up already you dumb dyel cunt

>this thread

ostrovegan masterrace

>i tried Veganism for 2 months
Try 2 years and you'll develop a B12 deficiency if you don't supplement it.

Why do you give a shit about human babies? Why do leftists give a shit about niggers and sandniggers?

Enjoy your mercury.

>Cant stand the shit they do to animals
>But that's okay if you still want to do it, not trying to stop bad things from happening or anything

oysters have incredibly low levels of mercury.

besides, I only eat like one can a week

Nah, B12 isnt exclusive to meat mate. Its exclusive to unclorified water. There are plenty of foods enriched in B12, like soy milk.

not that guy. but you should take a vegan b12 supplement

I don't want you to be one of those idiots who later make youtube videos about how veganism ruined your health

Nothing i say isnt going to change their minds. so i want act like im superior to them. Not going to antegonize them and give them a reason to bash another preachy vegan.

Yes, ive read in to that. The perfect solution would be taking a multivitamin with b12 in it. But there are plenty of foods rich in b12, just have to make sure i eat plenty of them.

Multivitamins don't get absorbed as well.

m8, you'r not gonna get it from food

theveganrd.com/vegan-nutrition-primers/vitamin-b12-a-vegan-nutrition-primer

she's actually a super great resource for vegans who want to go about veganism in a physiologically/nutritionally sound way

>Not gonna be another one of those preachy annoying vegans

Fucking pussy.

>You can shoot up schools, but you can kill as many kids as you want. Not gonna be one of those preachy, children activist

I'm literally eating meat right now, but I'm gonna tell you it's right. I will say that those REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DON'T TELL ME WHAT'S RIGHT AND WRONG IT'S EASY AND TASTE GOOD REEEEEEEEEEEE anti-vegans.

>man eats some vegetables
>reports good shits
call CNN

Didn't somebody saying something about the issue get you to realize what's going on and change your mind? If you never talk about it and never encourage other people to eat vegan, it doesn't help anyone. If some anonymous asshole gets offended that you make him feel bad over the shitty things he does, does it really matter?

>havent lost any gains
>taking shits, way fucking better
>feels lighter
>no changes in weight or lean mass

Poor guy. The vegan psychosis has claimed another one. He is now totally detached from reality.

I know it isn't vegan, but have you tried adding raw milk in? It really helps with calories, specifically gives you a decent amount of fat and protein.

realmilk.com

youtube.com/watch?v=K-mRfSr8hKQ

Raw milk is dangerous and mostly promoted by quacks. Dr. Mercola would be considered a quack.

If you want to really support animal rights eat antibiotic free meats.

The only thing enabling factory farms and all of that horrible shit they do to animals is because they put antibiotics in the food.

The animals would get sick if they were treated like that and shoved that close in proximity to each other, the antibiotics prevent them from getting sick, removing the population control.

Farm animals get a pretty sweet deal outside of factory farms. They get to roam around and have a source of food, they get to fuck nonstop and they have no worries about predators. All they have to do is look in to the sunset one afternoon before their lives end.

Supporting antibiotic meats hurts the factory farms more than just going vegan. This is because it is easier to convince people to just stop eating antibiotic riddled food instead of stop eating meat.

Or even better, don't buy meat at all so that you're not supporting the slaughter of animals, therefore not supporting the existence of the industry in the first place.

And stop eating organic vegetables.

No, there are multiple better alternatives to milk.

>Raw milk is dangerous
eurofag here, lol
then again you probably think cheese only come in spray tubes

sure go right ahead
i'll still call myself vegan because I want too. get a life creep

>all these people having issues shitting on regular diets

Wtf? I've never had shit that hangs or get stuck or anything.

Currently on a keto diet, barely getting fibre yet my shits are still fine

What is wrong with all of you?

going to from high to low carb improved my shits (easier to shit when i want to), but it wasn't an issue to begin with

>they will buy non-animal clothing

>have no problem wearing cotton clothing, literally the most pesticide and herbicide-soaked plant
>kills billions of animals a year

Vegans are hypocrites. Wool clothing is objectively better for the environment and animal welfare than cotton, but it's easier to anthropomorphize sheep as having rights than it is to do for insects, birds, fish, and smaller mammals.

I've been vegan for almost 5 months and I feel like dog shit. Fuck you.
I'll never not be vegan though, so fuck the rest of you too.
yes im mad

also ignoring basic knowledge about how animals are good for the lands, and how they will kill the soil pretty quickly if we had to rely solely on plants

also only caring about cute animals

kys. oh wait, you're doing that already

Actually, thinking about my example, I'd love to hear from some vegans about why they don't wear wool clothing.

If veganism is about not consuming animal products, and/or minimizing animal harm where it's reasonable to do so, then wool clothing should be what vegans wear.

Cotton;
>incredibly inefficient plant
>hard on soil, takes a lot of nutrients and displaces native plants
>typically grown in countries with poor environmental standards
>uses a ton of pesticides and herbicides, kills millions of birds, insects, fish, small mammals, poisons pretty much every part of the environment
>most likely not local, has to be shipped internationally, that's a lot of fossil fuels to transport

Cotton;
>shearing sheep is painless to the sheep
>sheep can graze, low environmental impact
>lots of wool produced per sheep
>no pesticides or herbicides
>generally easy to process
>can get from plenty of local sources

LOL at vegans getting BTFO

>Because they show some degree of empathy and sentience.
Insects are are also "sentient".
I see no need to limit your nutritional intake off of "muh feels", but you do you.

Nothing wrong with eating pastured livestock.

>They will buy non-animal clothing and purchase items that don't practice animal testing.
Maximum kek

My guess is because decent wool clothing is usually expensive as fuck while cotton or cotton blends is cheap as hell.

and computers

Top kek, the word you're looking for is vegetarian, not vegan. Vegan implies all the other choices.
Veganism is a literal cult, vegetarianism not necessarily.
also lol at
>"Plant based", please, everyone knows that's vegan code for 'not vegan enough'.
t. guy who embraces his nature and feeds his body an omnivore diet like nature intended

Decent wool clothing isn't that expensive. Just buy from Amish people. Alternatively, Walmart has wool clothing that doesn't cost much. Or buy some wool and learn to knit. Additionally vegan food can cost more than regular food in a lot of instances.

Veganism is just another form of feeling superior for sheltered pretentious brats like having a mac or riding a fixie

>veganism
Lets see how you get your complete amino acid profile from fucking greens!

You guys will deteriorate your own gains just to call yourself vegan.

You are wrong
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1252113/pdf/biochemj01140-0284.pdf

>Italian baby kept on vegan diet taken into care after being found malnourished
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/10/italian-baby-kept-on-vegan-diet-taken-into-care-after-being-foun/

>A 14-month-old Italian baby, who was reportedly fed a vegan diet, has been removed from his parents after arriving at a Milan hospital seriously malnourished.
>The baby, whose name has not been released, was taken to hospital by his grandparents a week ago and doctors were shocked to see the poor state of the baby’s health and a body weight only just slightly higher than a newborn.
>Blood tests revealed the child, who was born in May 2015, was severely malnourished with calcium levels barely adequate to survive. The baby was also suffering from a congenital heart condition which required emergency surgery. He is now recovering in hospital.

If you can't feed an infant a Vegan diet without almost killing it, THEN VEGANISM IS BULLSHIT AND UNHEALTHY FOR ALL HUMANS.

I keep posting proof upon proof upon proof that Veganism is bullshit and you all keep doing it anyway. DO YOU WANT TO DIE?

LOL are corpse eaters still stereotyping vegans
Listen dipshits, this new vegan awakening is far from emotional arguments, it is defended by intelligent hall of fame doctors.
And solid enviremental facts.

The vegan mouvement now is so big that it even contains alt-right and néo nazis.

You have no choice but to open your thick mind and start listening.

Stop stabbing animals to death for hamburgers you degenerate faggots

as with any diet, it has to be done with proper care and understanding, especially when kids still in development are involved

if i fed a baby a paleo diet, and it could have strived but didn't because i did a shitty job feeding it a paleo diet, would you say that a paleo diet kills babies and thus is unsafe for all humans?

Beef board plz go, we are not docile goys anymore.

You'll lose profit with every single day forward.
The Money you made will be seized back one day.

>this new vegan awakening is far from emotional arguments, it is defended by intelligent hall of fame doctors.

esselstyn, McDougall, Neal Barnard, Colin Campbell, and the new carnist rapist : Dr Michael Greger ;)

Wahhhhh corpse eaters! Wahhhhhh!

Ok...I'm a vegan and even I don't think Greger is credible.

Do sheep on wool farms die of old age?

Animals don't even recognize their own self, seen a chimp looking in a mirror confused before? Animals are fucking dumb, simple input/output machines that only care about surviving because they don't have the cognitive complexity for anything else. And these are the things you cry for? Ridiculous.

There's a few case reports of this kind of thing around the world, but the fact that it's a few isolated cases making international news instead of a routine occurance that experts would warn about should tell you that this isn't "what happens when you feed a baby a vegan diet." Some people just do stupid things that happen to technically be vegan, like that one couple who only fed their baby apple juice, which of course led to malnutrition.

Using these reports against veganism is like me posting this saying "you see what happens when you feed a child meat! they choke to death!"

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264262/Woman-killed-friends-baby-feeding-sausage--despite-warned-choke-him.html

>I'm a vegan and even I don't think Greger is credible.

How and why? His website is great.

>Not gonna be another one of those preachy annoying vegans.
you realize that's impossible right? If I met you in real life, I'd water board you with steak

>Not gonna be another one of those preachy annoying vegans.
>makes a thinly veiled vegan preaching thread
Bench using suicide grip pls

Assuming so, or they're sent to slaughter.

Check with where you're getting your wool source from. Even if "Oh no the sheep gets killed when it's old wool is murder", are you implying that the life of one sheep is worth more than the billions of small animals and micro-organisms that will die over the lifetime and wool production of a single sheep?

If veganism is about mitigating animal deaths where possible, the death of one animal should be preferable to the death of billions.

>Even if "Oh no the sheep gets killed when it's old wool is murder", are you implying that the life of one sheep is worth more than the billions of small animals and micro-organisms that will die over the lifetime and wool production of a single sheep?
>the death of one animal should be preferable to the death of billions.

Got any resources on this I can check out? I want to see how you got that a billion animals die to gather a sheep's worth of cotton

There's no hard numbers, but a billion is a fairly conservative estimate. Remember that you're not going to be able to count every single caterpillar that dies, that's ridiculous. But it's a safe estimate.

wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/freshwater_problems/thirsty_crops/cotton/

wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/freshwater_problems/thirsty_crops/cotton/impacts/

Consider that cotton counts for 24% of the world's annual sales on insecticides. It's same to assume that 24% of the insecticides used in the world are killing billions, if not trillions of insects.

>Investigations into a case of fish-death in the USA showed that, even when pesticides are properly applied according to the technical instructions, impacts on freshwater ecosystems are still possible. In this case Endosulfan was sprayed on cotton fields. In August 1995 contaminated run-off from these fields resulted in the death of more than 240,000 fish along a 25 km stretch of a river in the State of Alabama (PANUPS 1996).

Just a small example. a quarter million fish in only a 25 kilometer area in a month. And that's in a properly applied area.

Now, consider all of the insects that would have died, additional water-animals that would have died, all of the carnivores/omnivores that would have died from lack of food/eating contaminated fish.

Now think of all the cotton fields in India and China and other shitty countries that don't care about environmental standards.

Following up on the proof that billions are killed;

telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/qi/8049221/QI-Quite-Interesting-facts-about-bugs.html

>There are about 10,000,000,
000,000,000,000 insects in the world. One per cent of this total are ants. Their biomass alone exceeds that of all the humans that have ever existed (approximately 90billion). There are more insects in one square mile of empty field than there are people in the world.

America has 77 million acres of cotton fields. There are 640 acres in a square mile.

Calculating everything out, if there are roughly 7 billion insects in a mile, 7 x 640 = 4480 billion insects in an acre. 4480 billion x 77 million broke my calculator, Google said it's 3.4496e+20

Lots of rounding, and insecticides aren't 100% efficient, nor are insects distributed evenly in the world, but it can be safely assumed that American cotton fields alone have the capacity to kill quadrillions upon quadrillions of insects per year.

This is, of course, just insects, not counting larger species that are killed, directly or indirectly.

It seems like a waste of time to me. Meat is easy to get and tastes good most of the time, and if you don't eat it every 2 hours you'll be alright. Veganism is a complication in my life that I don't need atm.

So on a scale much, much larger than the wool farming operation you're comparing it to, there was a single issue 20 years ago where an estimated 240,000 fish died from pesticide runoff

That makes the billions number misleading. Couldn't give a fuck if gnats and bacteria die compared to a sheep.

I'm not convinced breh. To even come close to replacing cotton as it exists now, hundreds of millions of sheep would need to be bred, and would eventually be slaughtered, and the local wool farming scenario you have in your head wouldn't be feasible.

Opinions on freelee the banana girl?

I made oc for once in my life and wanted fit to berate me into the ground and make me regret all my life decisions in one swift move.

youtube.com/watch?v=TdQ4TVncurw

I've been vegan for almost 3 months but havent worked out in almost a year.

I came here to see if there was a thread like this because I want to start again.

Is it still, eat mostly carbs for preworkout and eat mostly protein for post workout? I googled it and a couple sources say to get mostly carbs post-workout, is that bs and should i buy some protein powder?

Fruit, sweet potato or oats before workout, beans or lentils after workout

no