Protein while dieting?

Protein while dieting?

I'm not really working out, just doing a few light exercises to measure progress while I diet to lose weight slowly.

But, I notice in my diet, I'm still favoring protein heavy foods. What does protein do for me while I'm not really building muscle? Is it going to slow my weight loss, not really benefit me one way or another?

2 months into diet, down 20~ pounds.

Not a set in stone diet, I'm anywhere from 1200 calories, to 2500 calories. But, 2500 is like, the absolute cap except for a saturday or two where I got into 3000s.

6'3, 230lbs

protein is slower to digest and will make you feel fuller longer. favor protein while losing weight, avoid white starches and garbage carbohydrates and any added sugar.

protein will build muscle if you are trying to build muscle but will help you lose weight if you aren't moving heavy shit brah

A certain amount of quality protein helps preserve lean mass while on a caloric deficit, but excessive protein intake is associated with adverse health outcomes and obesity.

Contrary to what claimed, carbohydrates promote weight loss, especially when they replace fat in the diet. The one thing to cut down on for both easier and healthier weight loss is dietary fat, especially animal fat and refined fat (oil, butter, margarine). High fat intake while on a caloric deficit is consistently associated with a greater loss of lean tissue in place of actual fat.

So when you say you're "favoring" protein heavy foods, that sounds like animal foods including the animal fat that comes with it. It is better to "favor" carbohydrates for most of your meals, both starches and sugars, and add protein as a garnish.

It's mostly like protein bars.

I got these 10g protein bars I buy in bulk, and I kinda snack on those when I'm home, and when I'm at work, there's this 30g protein bar at the in house store I've been buying. Those are some of my main diet staples.

i said garbage carbohydrates you fucking cunt

lol you're a fuckin retard mate

Sounds like a pretty terrible diet, but if it works for you to stay below your caloric limit then I guess OK. But it really wouldn't hurt to get a fruit or two in there instead, maybe a sandwich. And I can't imagine those bars being particularly cheap either, though that's up to you of course.

"Garbage carbohydrates" is not really defined. White rice is fine, white bread is fine, potatoes are fine. Average carb intake in 1950s Japan, China, Sri Lanka etc.was 70-80%, with most of that coming from white refined rice. You remember the skyrocketing rates of obesity and diabetes in post-war Japan from all the "garbage carbohydrates"? Because I don't. I remember Americans becoming fat as fuck from eating burgers, fries, butter and icecream, not bread, corn and potatoes.

>saluting with his left hand
Absolutelydisgusting.jpg

could you post your body

Sometimes I make sandwiches, it's usually peanutbutter and oats if I do. I'm a vegetarian.

The cost isn't too bad, the bulk pack lasts me over a week, and is only 10 bucks. the 4 dollar bar I buy when I'm at work adds up, but that's if I don't pack my lunch from home when I buy that bad boy.

I'll say it's probably a really shitty diet, but it is in my calorie goal 90% of the time, and I've been steadily losing weight so far.

I don't see how that's relevant. But I am underweight and consume around 150g of sugar a day, 400-500 carbs. My fasting insulin and glucose are on the very low end.

>posts dietary """advice"""
>won't post body
>"I don't see how photographic evidence that could either substantiate or undermine my claims is relevant"
Okay.jpg

>peanutbutter and oats

wut

Do you mix oats with your peanutbutter and put it on bread? Sounds like eating concrete.

Yeah, I just kinda sprinkle some ontop the peanut butter after I spread it, then mash the other toasted bread for the sandwich.

It's pretty good, you don't even notice the oats most the time.

The only thing that's going to happen is you're going to call me a DYEL skeleton (quite ironic since the claim here is that sugar makes you fat)

Why not just eat some oats with milk next to your peanutbutter sandwich?

you sound vegan

ex-fatty here
5"11 from 300 to 180 in 2 years
Just keep doing what you're doing, eat at a deficit, and keep your macros balanced (not sure what's a good macro for normal people, I'm still cutting & lifting) if you're not trying to build muscle (which you should, noob gains do wonders to weight loss)

I do drink milk to wash it down often, but I dunno. Not a big fan of oats, but I can hide them in the peanut butter no problem.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I eat a big bowl of oats with milk, cold, every morning.

Heating it makes it taste quite different, I'm too lazy for that. You can also add some type of syrup, or cinnamon if you want to add sugar to your oats.

Hmm, I usually go for cereal like Kix or Rice Chex, never tried just oats and milk though. Might have to check that out with cinnamon handy incase it's shit.

*don't want to add sugar

Protein has multiple uses user, protein can be used to repair the body, grow muscles, and be burned as an energy source if absolutely needed.

Protein rich diets tend to help people lose fat more than any other diet, namely because of it being such a versatile macro.

It will not slow down weight loss, that is still entirely dependent on your total daily calorie intake. Atleast until you reach a certain body fat where having balanced macros is actually important.

It's boring, but perfectly edible imo. Especially when I'm hungry.

I'm a europoor. Kix and Rice Chex sound like madeup indian names to me.