Being able to 1/2/3/4 is considered a milestone

>being able to 1/2/3/4 is considered a milestone

being able to OHP 135lbs, bench 225lbs, squat 315lbs, and dead lift 405lbs is considered significantly strong. Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's pretty good and most people can get there in a year or so of proper training

It isn't considered significantly strong. It means you aren't a little bitch anymore and actually started lifting, which is why it is a milestone.

once you can bench press 225lbs you're stronger than the majority of people.

It is not "significantly strong" it is babbys first milestone, and indicative you are no longer novice.

Not being a novice =\= being significantly strong

>tfw 1plate OHP is almost bw OHP

Shit son it's harder for me

>a year
Funny way to spell "6-8 months"

Yea but you are a manlet, so you dont have to move the bar as far

Sigmind klein ohp almost 2pl8 (221lb) at 145lb bodyweight.

No excuses

It's in bodyweight you stupid nigger

is this true?

Because you're BY NO DOUBT WHAT-SO-EVER stronger (in these 4 lifts) than 90% of the male population, let alone the men in your gym.

That being said . . .

Why that is important, I have no idea. How you look is what's important, mainly your upper body. That's mass + bodyfat AKA aesthetics. Legs need to be worked, but only to the point that you don't look funny.

I know plenty of massive men who are also fairly lean that don't even do these 4 lifts. I myself do not do these lifts.

No
Stfu you stupid nigger

>6-12 months

I think you guys might be low testosterone or malnourished as a child.

I could rep 465 within several months of training for deadlifts and squatted 405 highbar for 12 reps ATG after 2 months.

meh, maybe stronger than most women

Whatever you say buddy.

I think you might either be an underaged, a woman or a transvestite.

Everyone I've known benched 315 within 2-3 months of training. One guy I know even benched that the first time ever in the gym.

>Now that's what I call bait: best of

>One guy I know even benched that the first time ever in the gym.
Jesus, mirin' that bait

Because when you hit that you are legitimately stronger than 80% (if not more) of fit and 95% of people on this earth (again if not more)

Dont let the e-staters let you think that isn't strong

You know that's for reps right? Not 1RM

>You know that's for reps right?

This. A minimum of 15 reps for that weight.

>tfw adding ten pounds to OHP every workout

It feels good, my man.

ITT: people bait hard about time invested into strength gains

if you're natty and some random cuck that browses this website chances are you'll take years to get to OP's standards. especially going through trial and error with form, posture, habit, shit like that

not even kididng

doing well
ya blew it 3/10

i hope you realize that 1/2/3/4 is a milestone for gvt, not 1rm.

I was 145lbs 5'9" and It took me like 3 months just to hit 135lb/1pl8 bench for fucks sake.

>not OHP 3pl after 6 months

you must be a baby

1x5

It's your indication to stop SS and that's a huge milestone
1/2/3/4 for working sets is when you stop ss

i was benching 200 as a scrawny 112lber in highschool

Cool, thanks for sharing mate

Post self.

I have a sneaking suspicion you have ZERO delts

Ok this guy is troll
But THIS DUDE
Is legit wrong.

It took me 3 months to go from 95x5 ohp (first time ever pressing overhead) to 135x5

That is really only 8 sessions of adding weight.

The rest of the time was deloads and stalls

It should for sure not take more than 6 months to get 1/2/3/4

It is literally the benchmark of an intermediate lifter.

Novice programs are only meant to last 3-6 months.

Maybe 9 month if you start as an auschwitz who never had any modicum of strength before touching a barbell.

yeah maybe some kids and low test fags

chad benches 350 the first time he enters the gym

>It feels good, my man.

When did you begin your FtM transition?

10 pounds to OHP per workout is quite frankly laughable. I'm going to assume you got into a severe carcrash and had both your arms reattached around 4 months ago, so I'll forgive it though.

No one who hasn't gotten their arms ripped off in a car accident would be THIS weak. Good work lad, I take it your bench is around 365lbs given your rehabilitation program?

Okay, buddy.

>It took me 3 months to go from 95x5 ohp (first time ever pressing overhead) to 135x5

This is my experience too.

Except I started pressing 185 x 5 with strict form. Go to about 245lbs x 12 overhead press within 4 months.

By the way this is when I was a skinnyfat and cutting on a 700 cal deficit.

Your actual 1rm on bench is 140lb

Lmaoing @ ur life

My first warm up set is with more than your 1rm, kek

Bodyweight?

Getting to a 2pl8 ohp is a feat, even for 2 years training.

4 months sounds e-stat as fuuuuark

observed trips. miring stats, have you switched to an intermediate plan already or still doing SS?

I was 200lb @ 5'10 skinnyfat

To be fair though my OHP progressed incredibly while my front squat and backsquat lagged a lot behind proportionally.

I could only front squat 325 x 8 after 4 months and back squat only 545 x 3.

You actually flat bench press? You fell for the functional strength meme. It's ok, I know you europeons don't understand out american humor. I'm a bodybuilder not a "power" "lifter."

It's even more laughable that you're actually warming up, are you too much of a novice to have a 24/7 pump? Come on, step it up.

After 2 years on SS I switched to ICF 5x5, my biceps have really increased in size. I was 20" starting, now 42".

Can i request a video of your 1.5xbw ohp? That only took you 4 months to get?

Yea ok, you are 100000% full of shit.

how is it possible for your bench to be that low
im not saying as an insult I just don't get it

DYEL?

I'm guessing you're also sub-1pl8 for curls too.

>he doesnt realize flat bench is the third most important lift for aesthetics
So.. You dont even lift?

About what expect from someone with a 1rm of lmao1pl8 binch

did they put a power cage in your enclosure, or do they take you out into a special facility for that?

I don't OHP 1.5x bw anymore.

My overhead press is well over 315lbs now for reps

>thinks a 1pl8 curl is comparable to a 1.5bw ohp
Tip top kek.
Try a 3pl8 curl

>this thread

>40kg bench 5x5 after a year
just end me

Yea, for sure post that

Depending on bodyweight, you could be in world record territory.

Might as well shoot for 5pl8 and get your name seated in the history books alongside sigmund klein

Lost both clavicular heads in a fire, I can't flat for shit anymore.

Post your lifts, bro. All I hear is two pussy lips flapping.

I'm talking 12x50 not 1rm.

No I think he meant he curls 135lb dumbbells.

That's what I do anyway. Lately I've been hitting 4x12 of 135lb supinating dumbbell curls.

Shit is pretty weak, wish my gym had heavier dumbbells. I do 85lb lateral raises too

Try following an actual program
Here is my recommendation
a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf

>lateral raises
I assume you use a barbell. I couldn't show my face again in the gym if I used dumbbells on laterals.

Ever since I started doing 1.5xbw standing dumbbell triceps extensions, I feel I have really toned. helps spot reduce around the neck a lot

Well I tried doing barbell lateral raises but it was hard to balance the weight.

I'm not a fan of using clips so it kept sliding off and then I would slam the barbell into the mirror. I've been kicked out of every gym within a 30 mile radius of myself due to it.

>Lost both clavicular heads in a fire

The muscle or the bone?

I'm sorry, I can't be seen with such a DYEL.

The muscle, no amount of anavar could grow it back.

How can you overhead press and incline bench so much without the clavicular pec major, but can't flat bench?

Flat bench is the one that uses the clavpm the least, the incline and ohp uses it the most.

I don't get it.

good thread everybody

No way you can overhead press 230kg without the upper chest.

Nice e-stats.

What the hell? After 4 months of going to the gym with no prior experience you squat 5 plates and ohp 2 plates? How in the world is that even possible?
>85lb lat raises
WTF
>mfw nobody here is telling the truth

How long have you been lifting and what routine?

There is nothing in this thread that is unattainable with a very solid year of dedicated work.

Nothing....

The first 5 for incline didn't register.

inb4 fit fags I hit taht in couple of months, easy when you are a fat ass sperg.

Try to hit those lifts at 160 lbs in a year then that's achievement.

>I myself do not do these lifts.

Dude you might want to get your test checked. I was able to deadlift 5pl8 the first day I set foot in the gym. Then again, not everyone can be a true alpha like me.

>lmao3pl8 binch
>impressing anyone without Kleinfelters

I can do all these and am considerably stronger than 90% of average gym goers on an overall basis. The fact is after those milestones .5 of a plate turns into 5-8 months of progress. I'm just returning to 4pl8 1RM with better form..gonna try 415lb on 1RM day next time