Am I doing the Keto diet right?

Started keto diet last week (original weight 260 lbs)
Jog/walk 3.5 miles everyday
Mostly carbohydrate less diet now at all (used to eat cereal everyday)
Now eating: Sliced turkey, cheese, eggs,beef, chicken, and fish. Also eat: Mango, oranges, and banana.
Not eating: bread, milk anymore
People are saying I look thinner (assuming this is water weight)

Other urls found in this thread:

keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also only eat 2 meals a day (less than 1200 a day)

>eating oranges and bananas
>keto

pick one.
stop baiting me with this shit, keto is no carbs, and not "some carbs because muh fruit"

you are eating at deficit. but you are not on ketosis. get keto stripes from pharmacy, pee on them. realize i was right.

No sugar...

Need way more fat in your diet.

Can't just overeat protein

But ketostix

Then what would you suggest I eat?

>meme diets

if it works I don't care if it is a meme diet

Are you incapable of using Google?

"carb free foods"

>
no just wanted to be sure....sorry

its very low not no
just check labels for carbs you wanna stay under 30g aday green beens and brokolie will give you nice portions without goingover your carb limit
I use pic related to add some flavour to my food the variations of ground meat and leafy vegs you can make with it are pretty much endless

oh but be careful with onions cellery carrots and tomatos bc of the carb limit

yeah, teach me your ways of inapropriate keto pls. show me a the weight you lost.

>Says fruits are keto
>"Stay under 30g carbs a day

You realize one banana is anywhere from 23 to 31 grams of carbs, right? There's no way you can eat fruit and be in ketosis, unless you're only eating whey and olive oil.

I eat keto, and I get under 20g of carbs a day. But even things like cheese, whey, and fibrous vegetables have some amount of carbs in them that will add up when you eat them in bulk. There's no wiggle room for fucking mangos

you should get your carbs from brocoli and less than 20grams

Enjoy your diabetes, who needs feet and eyesight anyway?

Those fruits are high in sugar, but as long as you weigh shit and are careful, you can eat anything if it fits your macros.

I recently lost over 60 lbs. following keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ . And the first link on the page is a link to the leddit keto faq.

>doing keto
>doing anything right

Choose exactly one.

Uhh isn't keto the exact opposite of diabetes since you're avoiding the things that cause diabetes...

High-fat diets cause diabetes. High-fat diets and ketogenic diets consistently induce insulin resistance and prediabetes in 3-5 weeks. So most people on keto diets develop diabetes eventually, even while losing weight (most of which is water and muscle weight)

Normal, high-carb and high-sugar diets do not cause diabetes, however they can reverse diabetes to some extent in some cases.

It's really quite sad that some people are so high on momscience that they simply believe the opposite of what the science shows just so they can be manly and die of a heart attack or diabetes complications from stuffing their faces with bacon and eggs everyday. There are actually plenty of keto/LCHF advocates who developed diabetes on their own diets, like Tim Noakes.

When we say sugar, we're not talking about refined sugar are we? Because I was always told that stuff is poison and serves no purpose.

{citations needed]

I am talking about both refined and natural sugar when I say that it does not cause diabetes. That doesn't mean a normal person should be eating bags of sugar for breakfast, it just means that refined sugar does not cause diabetes or other health problems and it can be part of a healthy diet when calorie and nutrient intake is controlled.
By contrast, large quantities of saturated and animal fat can not be part of a healthy diet because it will induce insulin resistance even while losing weight and exercising.