/QTDDTOT/- Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Other one is almost kill.

Make sure you read the sticky before asking any questions if you're a beginner.

So Veeky Forums, is Greyskulls LP (pic related) really an intermediate program? I did it for the first time today with some accessories and it felt good, but I feel like it's less intensity than SL.

Thoughts? Continue doing as an intermediate?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i feel like im straining my lower back during goblet squats, is this to be expected if youre new to them?

i think im keeping my back mostly straight, but my quads dont feel like theyre getting any strain at all, and my ass feels barely worked either. my knees arent going past my toes, i do feel like the knees are going ever so slightly inwards, but im at a lowe weight atm and figure ill work that out over time.

What?
Gslp is a novice program, lmao.
Better than SL, for sure, tho.
Film yourself squat.
It is the only way to ensure spinal neutrality.
Proprioception is not enough sometimes

what exactly should my back be like? should i ensure its absolutely straight from the arse upwards, or is it ok to tense it as i would doing OHP?

About to finish my 5lb jar of protein powder.
Are there any alternatives to protein powder before I buy another jar?
What are the benefits of protein powder besides protein? Anything significant compared to getting it by food?
Is protein powder the most cost effective way of getting your protein?
Any specific kinds of protein that are more beneficial? I usually get Optimum Nutrition
I've started breaking out and my dermatologist said to stray away from it, but I don't see me doing that unless there are any better and real alternatives

P.s. While it is a novice program, the author does have some thoughts on continuing it as an intermediate and even advanced lifter.
a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf (pretty much talks about this from the beginning)
Definitely not phrak's variant, tho. That is for novices

Probably read the book and do a variant that suits an intermediate level better.

Or do a U/L/U or something similar with high volume and 2x frequency.

Straight (as in a neutral position, it can be at most any angle that suits your proportions, just no flexin or extension of the spine) and braced (not sure what you mean by "tensed" but your lower spine should be braced with your abs, and your upper back muscular should be tight and packed)

The cheaper chicken has growth hormones and antibiotics. Most other cheap meat is fatty.

Other than that, no benefit to powder.

>flexin
Flexion*

I primarily buy protein simply because it's pretty cheap for what it literally is, a protein supplement to my diet

same reason I eat a good quantity of beans/lentils and eggs, they're just good nutrient dense food.

whey protein is literally just evaporated milk more or less, there's absolutely nothing special about it beyond that

What does fit think of pic related diet? Is there anything wrong with 12 eggs a day?
I mainly just want to meet my macros for as cheap as possible so I think this will be alright.

Also inb4 dietary cholesterol has any large affect on health

>12 eggs = 5040 calories

I like in Australia where we use Kilojoules

I was just wondering if the young zyzz physique is attainable within a year.
Current stats:
70kg
180cm (5ft 10)

Lifting stats:
BP - 45kg
SQ - 50kg
DL - 75kg
OHP - 25kg
ALL FOR 5 REPS BTW

My routine has been really screwed up for the past 6 months (I know I've been lifting 6 months and my stats are absolute horse ****). I've been going from 5x5 to a brosplit to 6 day ppl to 3 day ppl then back to 5x5. :/

Bro that is like 6 months liftan 3-4 months cuttan

What routine do I do?
Everyone is saying ss is a meme but then they say ss is a meme is a meme
Fukn Veeky Forums

I did the blood test to check my testosterone level.
The result was : 452,90 ng/dl
Now the scale ranges from 249,00-836,00
I don't know if my level is average or i have low testosterone. Can somebody who knows this shit explain?

Experiencing mechanical back pain (probably a strain). Switched from back squats to front squats to help alleviate until I'm back to 100%. Front squats seem to be hurting my back as well, anything else I can do for legs until my back gets better? Only have access to free weights and barbell/squat rack

you answered you own question, boss

you ping-ponged back to 5x5 because it fucking works, and then you wonder if people are telling the truth about SS being good or a meme

not gonna make it

Alright stronglifts here i come

whats the best way to lower body fat?

how long should one bulk for?

Eat less.

High rep or low reps
Whats better? Why?
I normally do 3x10
6,2 220lbs at 18% bf

lower reps for strength
higher reps for lighter weight
really high reps for endurance.

until you feel too fat

you could do split squats so you have less weight on your back whilst still doing enough leg work

do SS

idk how many calories that is but if you're hitting calories and protein you'll be fine. all that food is pretty nutritious

kcal deficit and high intensity interval training

Why not stronglifts?

What are macros? What different macros do I need in my diet? How much?

because stronglifts is a program made by a jew to shill his phone app

If you read the diet section of the sticky you will know these things

Had a feeling it was novice and I'd get called a fucking idiot for saying otherwise, well thanks for not being a dick about it. And yeah U/L/U sounds good for 3 days a week intermediate training.

What does 15% bf look like on a skelly?

I was doing some quad stretches, sitting on my heels and supporting myself on the bed since I'm a piece of wood.
After that I sort of collapsed on the bed forward to relax a bit, with the edge of the bed pushing into my lower belly, belly button height, and I felt a huge sensation of release of tension in my lower back.
It was one of those "hurts so good" sensations, just radiating from my lumbars.
Is it something I should do more since I sit down a lot?

Just did some very intense partly-uphill cycling for the first time in a few years, haven't done cardio for about 2 years, got to my destination and was totally out of breath, legs went to jelly, nearly passed out and had to sit down for like 10 minutes to recover.

I'm 36 and on the fat side. Good part was an Arab qt gave me a drink of water. What's wrong with me? Could it be diabeetus? It's happened to me a couple of times in the past when I've done exercise after a long period of laziness.

what text editor is this?

looks like emacs

Do squats even work your glutes or am I doing them wrong? Quads feel destroyed afterwards but my ass seems fine. I'm a man so I'd rather not have a gigantic ass. Finally about to hit lmao2pl8.

1. Is pic related legit or a meme?

2. Life with a pacemaker - what are the legit limitations? Wife has lazy welfare shitlord land whale sister who gave herself 3 heart attacks from drinking too many energy drinks. Has pacemaker as a result. Has had 3 kids despite being told she would die if she had one more after #2.
Says she can't work, workout, or be outside during high peak sun times because she will die.

Verify as bullshit please user...

If you take the same roids he did, you can do any dumb brosplit shit and get shredded. Find a good program instead and stay natty.

IDK about the working out part, but one can maintain weight solely on diet so there's that.

Are wrist rollers actually great for size?

I'm not sure if they are a meme.

How often can you use it weekly? I just want my forearms to get as big as possible.

At what bf% do you guys usually start cutting?

what is shieko?

most people recommend 18-20%.

I'm about to follow phraks GSLP too OP, but I can't do 1 chin-up yet.

My gym has a assisted pull-ip/chin-up machine, should I use that only, or a combination of that + lat pull down machine +curls?

Going on vacation soon. Is it weird if I bring creatine and protein powder? I want to keep some gains.

Negatives are also recommended usually.
I would do assisted+negatives, the less machines/isolation exercises the better
I did assisted for a while and now I can do around 6

How do I sex? 19 and still a virgin, not that I'm terrible with girls, I just haven't had the opportunity to fuck one
I know most of you will tell me that I need experience and not to overthink it, well the ones that won't call me a crying little faggot will anyway, just try and help me out, what advice would you give your virgin selves?

I'm planning to reach my daily calories goal with this ratio:
Protein: 43%
Carbs: 32%
Fats: 25%
I've got this from a german bodybuilding board that recommends 4g per bodyweight of protein. I'm not sure if that's just brosience but they are huge and they should know what they are talking about right?

Isn't this a keto/low carb diet?

BATSINTHEBARBELL:

Where is my squat plug video you said you were working on? :(

failure on deadlifts? fuark

Looks like he wrote it in atom...

protitutes are always an option

The actual fucking is easy mate. It should come naturally. If you have a decent knowledge of female anatomy, angles and can read her reactions to different "strokes" then you'll do great. If you use a condom you should be able to control when you cum, just by using self control. If not, then pause whenever you have to for a second and kiss her or whatever, and practice edging (same thing) when you masturbate. Foreplay is probably the least easy aspect,n but it's easy too. I don't know how to explain it. Really, your instincts take over. Having a big dick isn't essential, it helps most with foreplay and turns her on when she sees it. During the actual fucking part, it's not important. Having a big dick can be a big of a hassle, making sure not to hit her cervix and all that.

>can do 8 chinups
>cant even really do one pullup
How do I fix this faM

Where do you guys buy t shirts? Nearly all of my shirts are too tight in the arms now, and when I go up a size, it looks like I'm wearing a dress

do negatives until you can do one. And then work on doing a second one, and so on.

thanks fampai, definitely something to think over

Will try, I think its more cns related than strength related anyway

How's PPL compared to PHUL? I did PPL last year and felt okay doing it, but I was doing a bit lighter weights.
Now that college ended, I've been doing PPL but with heavier weights. Since then, I haven't been able to sleep for more than 5 hours and have felt like shit overall. I was definitely eating enough but I just felt like absolute shit. My numbers continued going up too. I'm on vacation for the week so I'll have some time to recover. Was I overtraining? I read that lack of sleep is a symptom.
How does Veeky Forums like PHUL? It'd be easier to fit in cardio, which I like. I was doing PHAT during college and felt fine.

If you have money to burn, should you use steroids to speed up gaining muscle?

Can you still gain muscle on a cut, or will you always either stay at the same amount of muscle, or always lose it?

What a retarded question.

lack of sleep is the cause, not a symptom, ya chucklefuck. no sleep, no gains

cost should not be your primary concern with steroids

I just signed up for the gym today, I'm a 220lbs, 6ft 3" Male (1.90500 meters 99.7903kg).

Tomorrow I've got some form of a program to show me around each machine, I want to cut to be lean while hopefully retaining some muscle so I'm not skinnyfat. Is going heavy on the cardio a bad idea in this case? I'm not very comfortable with weights (I have no idea what I'm doing).

Also, what's a good goal weight with cutting at my height? When should I start to cut into the fat? I'm at a very high bf %..

A simple Google search would show that overtraining can also lead to a lack of sleep, retard. I was sleeping fine until I started PPL.

Don't use machines.

I said that wrong, there is a few machines but plenty of dumbells and bench presses etc.

Realistic natty?

Don't answer shit that you don't anything about, fuck tard.

if under 6' yea

What would be a good split routine when i´m not allowed to train legs for a few weeks (adductor muscle is kill)
Propably deadlifts won´t be an option either

You saying my 5'7 life has at least one positive aspect besides comfy airplane travels??

Why shouldn't I hire one of those hollywood nutritionist/personal trainers if I can afford it?

Don't know about Phrak's GSLP, but GSLP itself is a beginner program built on linear progression, like SS. Hence Greyskull Linear Progression.

It can take you into the intermediate realm because of how it handles deloads.

Hire a cook if anything.

What's the best routine you can do for muscle/strength gains ? jason blaha 5x5 ice cream fitness was my go to, I'm planning to do a long term bulk with minimal caloric surplus, staying lean and gaining muscle type of a thing.

protip: exercise accounts for a very very very small amount of weight loss unless you do cardio heavy daily for hours.

If you want to cut to be "lean" whiling maintaining as much muscle (that you probably don't have if you've never lifted before), you eat at a small caloric deficit and eat enough protein.

>Also, what's a good goal weight with cutting at my height?
it's all subjective. You have to look in the mirror and see what looks good to you

>When should I start to cut into the fat? I'm at a very high bf %..
um...what?

What's the best routine for muscle/strength gains ? Jasons blaha's 5x5 was my go to, anything else that offers the best of both worlds ?

PHUL, PHAT, PPL.

it's not. They use different muscles.

you are starving your body so that it eats itself, so no, you can't really gain muscle when your body is losing weight except for some specific conditions (steroids, age, how long you've been working out, etc).

>or will you always either stay at the same amount of muscle, or always lose it?
When you're on a cut, generally the best you can hope for is to maintain the muscle you have. If your routine and diet aren't on point, you'll start to lose muscle/strength.

Ive been doing full body everything in gym 5 days a week.

Im lifting more each week, and i hear not having breaks is bad but i dont feel sore when i lift again. But i hear you need 48 hours after a specific lift to lift again.

But if im not feeling sore or hurt, do i just keep going ham?

do you see progress?

How much fat per lbs of bd weight on a bulk vs cut ? Would it be 0.45/lbs on a cut and 0.3 on a bulk ?

How do I stop eating so much?

I'm not kidding. I can muster up the willpower to drag my ass to the gym 12 hours a week but I can't put down the spoon.

Is it a lack of things to do during the day? I feel genuinely hungry when I eat but come dinner time I always say 'fuck it i'll do more cardio' and eat another plate.

I don't know if I'm depressed or retarded, maybe both. Is there any trick to occupying your brain so you're not thinking about food?

Any tips for mobilizing/releasing tension in the lower back? After a few months of squats and DLs it has become really tight and it's kinda uncomfortable.

This doesn't affect my performance in the gym but it does bother me during the day. It's not pain, just sore/tight/uncomfortable.

I tried static stretching but it doesn't seem to do much. Can i foam roll this or something?

Roll glutes with a ball.

change what you eat. You can't out run a bad diet

I'm not eating anything bad. I'm just eating too much of it.

It's 4pm and I'm already at my cal and macro limits.

any tips for developing all parts of the chest equally? i don't mean lower/upper, that's fine, but i mean outer/inner. my outer pecs are strong and pop out but my chest looks dramatically weaker as it goes to the gap between my pecs..
anyway i feel like i somehow ignored this part of my chest in my workouts, how do i work my inner chest more?

eat a pound of chicken breast and see if you'll be able to eat more of it. CHANGE WHAT YOU EAT

Best routine and times lifting a week for someone who may transition?

ive got an interview for a job that is 4 days off 4 days on, working 12 hour shifts (9am-9pm)

how the fuck do i fit a routine into this schedule

so if i have 1 kg tub of vanilla yoghurt. Could i mix in protein powder into that? I only have chocolate flavoured whey but its still tempting... If so, how many 30g scoops should i put in to that 1 kg

fugg didnt mean to reply to that post

180cm is 5'11 actually m8
Have fun thinking about that 1 inch you had to grow

wake up at 6am and work out

you can but just do it per serving.

My spine hurts from squatting, but only the neck-spine, idk how to call it. Only the upper part of my spine that is at the neck. I squatted for the first time today and now I feel it hurting. I did my best to lift with proper form, does anyone know what else could it be?

were you resting the bar on your neck? It was probably that.

Fit, if you skip a gym day do you make up for it the next day doing both workouts in one day or just let that day go?