The amount of people who are treating "taking a walk" or "going to the park" as a novel concept right now is fucking...

The amount of people who are treating "taking a walk" or "going to the park" as a novel concept right now is fucking depressing.

I know right I agree so much good sir.

>walked 5km
>tehe im so fit now

most of my fb at the moment

> I know right

kill yourself

I am so tired of this shit already

god I wish pokemon was dead

I dunno bout you guys but I find my cardio a lot more interesting now. So why complain about it?

For many of the ultra-chunkers they really are getting lot more exercise than they used to.

you have to be "that guy" that has to complain about anything normies like/do.

just let them do their shit, live your own life

>been walking 1 hour each day for two years now because of some obscure article somewhere that walking helps to decrease the chance you get alzheimers
>and some article that hypes walking as something that increases creativity
>and the sunlight that is important for you

actually over time I found only more and more reasons to walk. But yea, it amazes me that people dont take research journals seriously and try to use that as truth for their lives.

Now if only I could find a research journal that said to me that i need to talk to qt girls every day...

holy shit this image has such a high trigger potential for Veeky Forums

Im worried this game will start killing my gains.

make it into day 356 and remove his muscles, anyone walking around for such a time would look kinda like a skelly, kinda just normal and not build.

Honestly as a kid I loved pokemon and i would've killed for an app like this back then. The idea that you go around hunting down pokemon, maybe meeting people along the way, is a fantastic opportunity for people to bridge the gap into proper fitness/dieting. I think we're going to see pokemon go body transformation pics popping up in 6 months.

An app like this might've helped me not be the fat kid that I was. If it can help people, who are we to pass judgement.

well memed friend

Most people can't enjoy a walk for its own sake for some reason. They need a stupid distraction.

lol there he is

if pokemon would actually spawn according to the environment I would agree with you. as it stands right now the best way to get them is living in a city and walking between the pokestops and stuff probably passing multiple fastfood joints. you really think that is gonna help the fatties ? We all know diet is the main part so this might actually be a negative thing because they will reward themselfes for walking 1 mile or so.

Now if they would put pokemon in their actual environment so you would have to go to a forrest, row with a boat onto the middle of a lake or walk up a mountain then I would totally agree but that sadly is not the case as far as I know.

4x10 phone curl
3x10 bent-over phone row
4x10 phone shoulder press (flying pokemon)
3x10 phone skullcrushers
help me Veeky Forums

But that's just it. All this is, at its best, is an *opportunity* to *bridge the gap* into fitness. People have to go out of their way to bridge that gap, because obviously walking a 5k and hitting up mcdonalds after isn't going to get them there. Unfit, unhealthy people looking for an easy fix are always going to cycle through cheesy bullshit like the pokemon go "fitness routine" and quickly fail. Those sorts of people always fail though, regardless. At its best, Pokemon Go is a tool to be utilized. At its worst, it screws over the losers looking for the quick fix. Nothing of value is lost.

As a person who lives in nowhere I agree, I walked around my area for two hours got a weedle and a caterpie. They spawn from pokestops and I have one within 10 miles of me. Sucks bro.

Best place to go in my town is a taco shop. One of the first times I've eaten out instead of chicken breast in months. Spawning ares need some work if this is to make people fit.

This
Personally, I think Pokemon go is trash, doesn't offer much in terms of actual entertainment and is worryingly successful as Nintendo will go into more mobile shit but I'm not raging at every fat fuck staring down at their phone. Get the cock out your arse OP

>getting this upset about people who wouldn't otherwise leave the house beginning to get a marginal amount of activity in their lives

Are you upset because there is a possibility for a small segment of the population maybe being less obese? Sure walking 4 minutes a day isn't going to do much but it might be what one person needs to realize life is better when you get out of the house.
If the only thing that defines is relative fitness to the point where it upsets you when other people begin that journey then you need to look at your own ego and life. Of course this is Veeky Forums so if something is popular naturally it's cancerous.

OP the type of nigga to start the game and pick bulbasaur, the game is only boring because you have no friends queer

This

I-i picked bulbasaur

I already wander around towns when I get bored sometimes.

What's wrong with bulbasaur you fucking double nigger?

According to the eggs I walked 17km yesterday

I want to complete the pokedex

>not realizing charizard or turtok are completely and utter helpless against sleep powder

pleb

I actually made money as a kid betting other school kids my Lvl. 65 Venusaur would beat every team they could come up with

They would get so upset because i spammed sleep powder and mega drain that eventually one kid knocked out two of my teeth to get out of paying his debt after i killed his three mewtwos lol

Pokemon will outlive you user. Probably outlive most of us.

My main reason for using pokemon go is saving on gas
Before
>I need to go downtown, I'll grab my car
Now
>I need to go downtown, I'll just walk and see if I run into any pokemon on the way

How the fuck did he get three mewtwos?

Autism

Must be some powerful autism to get kids to trade their mewtwos. Unless he just bought three games I guess.

>they don't know about the "old man glitch"
casuals.

I give it three weeks before people stop playing

>First gen GB meta
>In 2016

You're soft son, no wonder Chad beat your ass

>turtok
Deutschlandbro?

Nigger I was three when pokemon came out, I saw a cousin get missingno once and that was the extent of my glitch knowledge.

TFW no dvisage

>tfw can't play this because it uses mobile data and I pay by the gig

Another game for spoiled rich kids. Thanks jewgle. Also not a good idea to walk around a city holding your phone. Either you get hit by a car, or trip over something, or get robbed.

I already walk and bike commute so I get plenty of "exercise". Ever farmer carry groceries home one mile? Twice a week nigger.

You sound very proud of being a poor proletarian

Trade all your good pokemon, restart the game and get them back. Catch any number of legends. Also special attack and defence weren't split in 1st gen so mewtwo using amnesia and recover was invincible to everything except toxic (which gets reset to normal poison if you switch him out and back again). Ghost and bug attacks were good against psychic in gen 1, except there were precisely zero bug type attacks, just bug pokemon with poison and normal attacks. And no ghosts could stand up to the ludicrously high stats of mewtwo who was also super effective against them.

The only effective tactic was toxic + firespin and hope they didn't know to switch out or teach your own mewtwo ice beam and hope for a lucky freeze which never wore off in gen 1. Source: someone who played way too much pokemon blue in high school

1 hour uses about 10 MB data
if you have 1 gig of data that's 100 hours gameplay

But if he had to restart the game how did he keep his mewtwos he got from trade?

Like everyxone did, with 2 gameboys and one of those cheap 3rd party gadgets for saving games.

Make savegame, trade mew/ mewtwo, load savegame, repeat.

What is this fucking wizardry you speak of? I had a gameboy when everyone else was using gameboy advance's and we didnt even have the cable for trading until silver and gold came along.

Before you restart trade anything you want to keep to a friends cartridge, then restart and catch a bunch or pidgeys and ratattas in your new game, get to the first town with a pokecentre that let's you trade then get your friend to trade all your previous games mewtwo and legendary birds etc back for the trash. This is also the only legit way to get enough pp to upgrade all your abilities to max use though everyone just used the missingno infinite item glitch.

There's gotta be a level of irony to this.

Oh. Imagine if the other guy wouldn't trade them back.

Dunno, in the UK you could definitely get a link cable for the original grey brick gameboy. That reminds me that seeing my buddy play pokemon yellow on the gameboy colour blew my mind cause you could actually see health bars change colour from green to yellow to red as stuff got more injured. There really was nothing to do in the late 90s

actually thats not even the real answer.
in the red/blue days (and even further i'm pretty sure but who knows) there was a trick where you could cut the power to your gameboy during the trade where you'd keep your pokemon and they'd get a copy of it.
i had that shit timed so well, so you'd basically duplicate it

and then yeah trade for trash or whatever later

Not poor, just a cheapskate.

Alright, that sounds reasonable, I'll double check my price rates.

It was a kind of cartridge you'd slot in between the gameboy and the game itself and you could make, I guess snapshots, and then later resume from that exact place.

Also, how the fuck did you not have cables for trading? I remember trading my sister pokemons when we were playing Red and Blue.

cus it's true

go home latent

"This is the first time I've exercised in years and I feel great!"
"I'm finally going out and meeting people!"
"It's so great to disconnect and feel a true connection with other human beings!"

All within 1-2 weeks of the app being released...

Guaranteed 90% of these people will get bored and go back to their old routine within the month

For real for real, I don't have any problem even with fatties who play this shit, I mean at least they don't pretend they are "losing" weight and waste their and others time in the gym at 400 lbs

Just let people have some fun, I am normally so fucking fed up with normie fads but this is just a childish game and a nice approach to not only get people walking but also seeing new stuff

Warum heißt der Turtok? Turtle Cannon? Doesn't make any sense.

I often wonder how the hell I passed the days before the internet.
They just wouldnt buy one for me. My fucking gameboy and playstation was second hand.

I'm just waiting for reports of the first person to walk out into traffic and get killed by this app.

I mean fuck, we already had a car pileup because of this.

I caught two Pokemon at planet fitness and named them Pizza and Bagel

>car pileup
Which state was that in?

only the strongest will survive

>tfw always thought pokemon was nerd after growing out of it

why aren't you using pokemon go to get some sweet puss right now fit?
>permavirgins

but cardio kills gains

he would probably have big legs though

source: i used to be fat

Nah ppl will stay fat
Every mile walked is a slice of pizza in the evening
They will feel righteous for going outside (as if that's a fucking novelty) thus excusing shitty eating behaviors

Once people get bored of it, they will just be either fatter or the same and continue to live unhealthy lives

Thank god someone is keeping the phrase "double nigger" alive

It should have a friends list tbf

>implying pokemon go will improve diet
Fixed it for you retard

Walking doesn't cause hypertrophy. I hope everyone walks off a cliff with their faggot memes.

this game was made by the japanese pedos to catch more girls like my daughter who escaped with 200,000 shekels of my earnings and who is now a dangerous psychopath murder suspect.

I mean it's nice people are having fun but is it not pitiful that they require a walking sim on their phone to go outside?

>sweet puss
>playing kids games

Pokemon Go is GREAT for rucking and jogging.

Veeky Forums doesn't get it

pokemon go is the new tinder or the anti tinder

finally you have an excuse to talk to girls outside.

this is your chance Veeky Forums. you can finally do it. you can finally get a gf.

Those types of people are doomed no matter what they do in life. This game might inspire an otherwise loser of a person to bridge the gap into a healthier lifestyle. The game is a harmless excuse at a fitness attempt that people will fail at, and it could possibly help just a few people transition into a healthier lifestyle.

the mental age of adults has gone way down. back in the day stupid shit like pokemon was for literal children, not 20 something manbabies who treat their phones like a goddamn gameboy

>values strength and training
Why haven't you joined the Veeky Forums team?

It is, but at least it's getting people to try. It also serves as an ice breaker for autists to help with social gaines. I went to a park yesterday and literally everyone I passed was playing or talking about it. I was hunting a pinsir and two guys on a bench asked if I was looking for it because they saw me turn around. Next thing I know we're teamed up walking around looking for it laughing and having a good time. I've also met neighbors I never knew lived in my neighborhood all because of this game

>social gaines will be through the roof in no time

>you can finally get a gf with pokemon
I dont believe you, it couldn't be true!

>leader can't even figure out why Pokemon evolve

>qt who knows nothing about pokemon and is playing for facebook attention
>uggo girl who actually knows about pokemon and is playing for fun
Pick one. There are no qts that actually know about pokemon.

pokemon is the fad right now

girls all want to cash in on it for social fame. including qts

>Implying there is anyone of a certain age who knows nothing about pokemon

the qt, I don't really care about pokemon except the first gen

Just wait for the fad to blow over.

I think it's fucking insane and weird that adults are spending their time doing this, but plenty play WoW for hours too, you just don't see them.

Lot of people who are adults now grew up with pokemon.

And? Everyone grew up with kids toys, it's only this generation where it's normal to keep playing with them.

>no fun allowed

Its only this generation where your toy gets carried around with you wherever you go at all times.

I have a friend who is excited about this, saying she's "omg, getting so much exercise," and asking if I want to come for a walk with her once I get a new phone and this app. I said sure, thinking she'd be doing something good for herself for the first time in ages. Then, later, I get on the book of face to see her and her family eating ice cream at a shop nearby with a caption that said something like "the perfect way to unwind after a long day of catching pokemon." I should have said something. I will if she tries to stop for food when we walk together. Maybe I'll pack some healthy snacks and a spare bottle of water for her.

I stopped playing video games pretty recently, moreso because my processor is a fucking brick. However, agree its weird to see adults actively seeking new locations for this shit minus just being places and pulling your phone out.

This. It is so cringe seeing people walking around my college campus late at night playing a children's game

adult women much better than chasing japanesist pedo creatures yes?.

I have on more than one occasion gone to college late in the day to steal toilet paper and/or check college emails.

Its not that different from playing flappy birds or some shit.

>that pic
Feels like reading Gaddis