Seeing people you used to know at the gym

>walk into the gym
>hey i know that guy
>kid from my old primary school
>was a massive dick to everyone and intimidated people (including me)
>he's benching 14kg dumbbells and struggling
>i'm hitting 90kg squats and i can tell he notices me
>i'm at least 15kg heavier than him
>not going to be starting shit now are you motherfucker

Have you guys ever seen a old bully,a girl who rejected you or someone else who made you feel like shit at the gym? Are they the reason you started lifting?Also i know 90kg squats aren't impressive but i'm still proud of the progress.

how do you recognise someone from PRIMARY SCHOOL? How old are you?

In all honesty I doubt that bully gives a fuck about you or your stats.

nothing wrong with progressing and better yourself but it seems like you still care more than he does.
Did you guys even talk? or you just said all this shit in your head?

>living in the town you grew up in

Do you have dementia or something?v

There was a kid I used to bully pretty bad in elementary school.

I tracked him down on facebook after I left the infantry and wrote him a long apology for it.

I could still beat the fuck out of pretty much everyone I bullied in school. I just kind of grew up and stopped acting that way by late middle school.

Bully or victim, nothing is more pathetic than meeting someone who is almost thirty lamenting that they were picked on / called names 15 years ago in class.

I understand that's not your point OP and I'm glad you did the right thing by not starting shit, but I see the former all the time and it's cringe-city.

Obviously the autismo OP avoided the eye contact at whole time and mind boxing with the old bully. Guess what? He won!!

Exactly. If not this thread wouldn't exist.

>90kg squats

he was right to bully you

Saw my best friend from primary school's parents coming into the gym. Avoided them as I cba with the whole
>how are you user? what are you up to now?
>i go to a university several orders of magnitude better than your son's

Lol Veeky Forums is just one big shit talking fest anymore. I bet half of you faggots talking trash to op couldn't even squat 90kg.

Still, OP should have flown at bully in asperger's rage and established his dominance by beating his ass and raping him in front of everybody with a constant REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>90kg squats

ayy

>90kg squats

subtle bait

You might be physically stronger than this guy but making this post pretty much confirms you are still a mentally weak beta faggot and always will be.

>was bullied for being a fat nerd in high school
>visit family
>recognize a lot of people I knew around town
>most of them are fat and in community college or working dead end jobs
>starting my phd next year

I didn't even feel good, just felt bad and confused as to how someone could put themselves in that position in life and not really work on changing it.

I was a bit of a bully in school because I was fat an insecure.
On top of being fat, however, I also played hockey and rugby and soccer, so I was strong and in decent cardio shape, my parents just let me eat way too much.
That made me a fatty who was strong enough to fuck other kids up.
When I left high school I wasn't fat as fuck, but I was on the chubby side (180 at about 20-25% body fat at 5'10") so I decided to lose weight. When I started to hit the gym I was already pretty strong from years of sports, and when I learned to diet the weight fell off and I was strong as fuck. Since college I've moved back to my home city and I see all kinds of losers I went to high school with and I'm not only still stronger than them, but now I'm successful professionally and have a great body.

I hate this
>Always goes through my head
>Should I say hi?
>They probably won't recognise me
>But I recognised them in one second
>I'll see if they say hi
Then you get stuck in this awkward cycle where there's like 10 people at the gym you know but pretend not to

Is the PHD a meme? Should I do it, user?

I think my former best friend goes to my gym.

>be best friends in elementary and middle school
>move away
>pre myspace and facebook days so dont really keep in touch
>got in touch one time in my early 20s
>dude was a dick
>meh fuck you dont have the time

>It's been over 10 years since I actually have seen him face to face cant tell if its him or someone that looks slightly at him.

>Dont know if hes staring at me because he recognizes me or if hes staring at me because I am staring at him trying to see if I know him

>meh oh well

>>i'm hitting 90kg squats

>Be me
>Cheat on my girlfriend with a chubby girl a couple of years ago
>Haven´t spoke to her since
>Yesterday
>She´s at my gym.
>She got hot. Lost a lot of weight. Has a great ass
>Starring at me while I lift
>Still with my girlfriend
>Please don´t make me do this

>90kg squats

You're warming up right?

90 kg squat is even weaker than 14kg db bench

you know it'll happen user, just embrace it and ask your gf for a threesome

PhD's are hard but worth it from a mental point of view. Mine took 5 years overall and I had a blast in 1-3 whilst 4-5 where stressful as fuck. I was on a full scholarship though.

At the moment I'm writing my corrections now for September. No one questions my opinion on shit even though thats the whole point and most employers give you an automatic interview. The only drawback is people get jelly well easy.

>get to gym
>notice a guy I went to school with

I just continued my workout. he wasn't really my friend in middle/high school so why the fuck am I going to care if I see him in the gym now?

>see girl I use to crush on in ms/hs
>she knew and acted like a tease
>she's in the gym one day
>bump into her, she says hey since we know each other
>say hi and keep walking to sign into gym

She was a tease and she doesn't look that good anymore.

>living in your hometown after graduate high school

why

She only wants your attention to validate her progress
You aren't getting laid m8

Depends on what you want man, I love my lab work and the type of people I work with. Combined with lifting it keeps me from killing myself. I've worked as a programmer and as a teacher before and a standard 9-5 job doesn't suit me.

dude he was a dick in primary school. that is like the ages of like 12 years old... people change you fag

>90kg squat
>hurr look at me guise I'm so tough xD

are you literally 15 years old OP?

No. I'm normal.
I've never been bullied.
I've never confessed undying love to a girl that wasn't into me.
I was popular in highschool.
I wave hi to people I recognize.

>growing in a town

Maybe he wasn't born in a flyover state.

I'd agree with you. I was picked on a lot untill I was 16 and puberty finally started properly (had done so before but was going like it had all the time in the world).

I shot up and bulked out naturally. Started lifting at 18, and at around 21 I was at a party where the main guy who used to pick on me (4 years older too) was there.

He was sorry and seemed really sincere and down about how he behaved. I told him not to worry about it we all do things, been friends since.

>growing on earth

>starting my phd next year

Why not tell us the degree hotshot?

Neuroscience

Not OP and I don't lift.

Squatting nearly a hundred kilos sounds like a lot, but you guys act like it isn't. Are leg muscles that much more powerful than arm mucles?

t. DYEL noob

>still living in the same town you grew up in

>year after highschool
>was wow playing nobody till junior year when i went nazi germany on my fitness
>perfect dieting. great consistent routine
>kids from football team and their friends hanging out
>i stroll by them. first time they seen me in a tank top
>jaws open just staring at me
>walk up to the pull up bar
>20 pull ups in i hear "holy shit.."
>34 fucking pull ups
>drop down a turn around
>everybody flocks to me
>yo.. dude user whats up man
>yo.. what ups.. dude
>you dont know who i am??
>uh.. no. i dont think weve ever talked
>high five one of them i actually knew. continue routine boss as fuck

yeah one of my prouder moments

>went to a mostly black (>80%) school in a rough area of London as a white fairly nerdy kid
>hit puberty early, was 6ft by 11 and big bro introduced me to based calisthenics
>was generally nice, stuck up for the tiny people in my year from older kids etc.
>fast forward 10 years, go to local gym that just opened up like 5 mins walk from my house
>see maybe 5 people from my year group every time I go, maybe 15 altogether
>all huge stacked black manmores being nice to me and complimenting my gains

feels good man, though not really relevant

nvm it was relevant, thought i was still in former fatties thread

>90kg squats

I'm going to show up to your pussy gym and kick your ass

Takes like 2 months for a newb to squat 90kg

This tbqh family

I saw some guys from highschool and I said hi because I'm not a bitter goofball and we chatted a bit then went back to lifting.

how bad is your memory? I'd easily recognize my whole class

Happened to me about a month ago.
Kid who was kinda a dick to me in high school commented on how jacked I got compared to how skinny I was in high school.
Felt pretty good I guess.

>90KG SQUATS

he was laughing at you pucciboi

Guy I used to wrestle with in hs goes to my gym, he was a dick to me the first year I knew him and there was always a weird tension for me until i graduated, he always says hi in the gym and is pretty friendly now

People are weird

It was the alcohol that was apologizing

>I understand that's not your point OP and I'm glad you did the right thing by not starting shit, but I see the former all the time and it's cringe-city.
kek. Reminds me of tumblr-tier "to all my oppressors and the patriarchy in my life" and "I'm fat but love myself, deal with it" articles. If you have to make a big deal about how you've gotten over something, you haven't.

Not really related but I saw a guy from highschool that used to fucking annoy the shit outta me, biggest shittalker you ever met

He pulled up beside me at a red light, looked to his left and saw me. I stared at him for a sec and he quickly broke eye contact and fucking accelerated right into the back of another car! There was a huge dent in it and his facial expression was priceless

Couldn't fucking believe it lol. Just goes to show how childish most mother fuckers are

>kg
I wish this meme would end just use pounds like a normal person

Bruh you hit it once you can hit it twice!

people exaggerate about how much you should lift and how much is considered heavy all the time...

but seriously dude 90kg is like 2 months of training even if you started at the bottom like what the fuck.

>manlets thinking they can make up their height deficiency by growing up
>in 2016
>not being born 6'2"

>walk in front of gym
>see guy I know from high school from the window
>"well there's always two hours later I guess"
>do a 360 and walk away from gym

Wow... I know a lot of people tell lies here but fuck me you just went all out with this one didn't you?

Hahahah holy shit didn't realise my squat was so shite.

Did 3x4 squats ATG yesterday with 85kg and I've been squatting twice a week since like December.

Granted, I only recently started adding more volume, I wasn't eating enough, and I had some issues with my right hip flexor, but still hahahaha. At least I'm progressing, albeit slowly, r-right ?

>positive anymore
Triggered

>i know 90kg squats aren't impressive but i'm still proud of the progress.

It is, you absolute moron.

Nah, breh, it takes about 5 minutes.

>faggots overcompensating

It's such cringe when you morons act like this and that isn't anything to be proud of. Everyone knows what you're doing, stop the cringe.

Did they all applaud?

I'm back in my hometown for the summer for the first time in 3 years and see people I recognize from high school. Without exception ALL of them have gotten borderline fat/bearmode for some reason.

Had a conversation actually with a guy I recognized squatting 3pl8. Good to know that he's still the nice guy I knew from high school, albeit a bigger version.

>a full grown young man
>90kg squat