So Veeky Forums, tell me: Where's this new Caesar I was promised?

So Veeky Forums, tell me: Where's this new Caesar I was promised?

And don't say Trump. He's a Crassus. At most.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hem96KPL0_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We are still a century or two away from that.

jeb bush

>Trump's a Crassus.
The only similarity is that both are/were rich men. As such you might aswell compare him to Julius Caesar. In fact, he has more in common with Caesar seeing both suffered through bankruptcy.

>all young people waiting for the next Caesar
>im waiting for next Cato who will shout "ALL OF MIDDLE EAST MUST BE DESTROYED"

As things are going I'm waiting for the next Jesus. The faggots have gone to far.

Fuck that weak ass shit. I'm waiting for a new Alexander the Great so that it will get done properly.

>Expecting Caesar when it is the time of the Gracchi

Caesarism isn't a good thing, brainlet. It's a sign of decline and it arguably happened in the 20th century.

Who promised you Caesar? Take it up with them, not me.

I think the distinguishing feature of Caesar is that he came into power through the military. So we're not going to see a new Caesar until we reach the stage of military coup.

Oh yeah? Well I'm waiting for a new Muhammad to conquer east and west and unite them on the straight path.

This or exploiting emergency powers. Either way, the power base must shift from party donors to the military.

Bernie Sanders? That one American reformer from the 1920s who got assassinated? The Kennedys?

Will we ever get a new Cicero? It seems oration has gone down the shitter, especially in politics.

Not until the 2033 pension crisis has occurred

We already did. Obama, the great ummer-in-chief, has been unanimously acknowledged as the greatest orator of all time.

Trump is more like a Lucius Sulla
>friend of the oligarchs, offers them the economy on a silver platter
>uses a combination of ridicule tactics and fear of minorities to unite the proletariat with the aristocracy against the urban literati
>tramples on all of the Republic's democratic traditions, setting a dangerous precedent for soulless populism

Caesar is still probably a good 20 - 30 years away, once all of the Baby-Boomers have finally croaked and the rigged economy has been in the shitter for so long with a gridlocked government that pathologically refuses to govern or reform itself, that people's faith in it shatters and a nationalist uprising commences as military force becomes the only way to make the government function again.

This.

Kek it's pretty sad that people like Sanders, Obama and Trump are considered by their respective bases as great orators. They're fucking brain dead retards compared to Cicero and Caesar.

Comparing Trump to Sulla is an insult to Sulla. At least Sulla was a military genius and tried to fix the Republic (although he went about it wrong).

>military genius
The Roman ethic prized military prowess above everything else. America prizes business prowess. They're not perfect analogies but there are parallels.

>and tried to fix the Republic (although he went about it wrong).
You could almost say he was trying to make Rome great again, mostly through policies which totally fucked the plebs and more or less guaranteed the Patricians would continue enjoying their rigged economy...

Trumps not a great speaker when he's reading off a teleprompter, but he's funny and engaging when he's in rally mode.

Not to say that he is a great orator. That's totally a dead art. Imagine anyone giving a speech like those of Cicero's from memory.

consider the audiences that Cicero would have been speaking to, compared the audiences that Trump speaks to.

Oration in the modern age requires clarity, brevity, and simplicity: hammering home a point over and over again until it sticks in the minds of the general audience. Quite far removed from oration for cloistered aristocrats debating policy and/or judiciary matters

The only thing Sulla did wrong was die too early

or, ya know, assume the title of "perpetual dictator" thinking that once he made everything hunky dory that he could step down and nobody would ever try to become perpetual dictator again

Can the populares/optimates division be considered the beginning of left-right politics?

Probably

Macron.

every roman historian says this type of thinking is retarded

Unironically this

>trump
>business prowess

>Mr. put into power by rich donors and the press without any military involvement is Caesar

>republic
>democratic in any fashion whatsoever
nope

obviously Putin

>Restoring french monarchy
Will it be Capetian or Bonaparte????

>Where's this new Caesar I was promised?
Capital.

I'm working on it. Have to divide up a stronghold state first, then I turn federal.

>He's a Crassus. At most.
Crassus actually knew how to make money.

Non. It will be the Macron dynasty.

user, he does know how to make money. You don't turn a million dollars into several billion without knowing how to make money.
I'm no big Trumpfag, but his moneymaking abilities are one of the dumbest things for anyone to doubt.

I thought left wingers loved this guy
Or was that just because he has a silver fox gf?

no they hate him their guy is Mélanchon.

Spengler claimed Russia is the rising civilization. Not specifically Russia but Orthodox world as whole.
How does Putin fit into this?
Or is he still a remnant of "Western" that prevents the rise of Orthodox civilization?

Nope. Russia isn't Western, according to Spengler they are their own thing.

Firstly he got way more than a million dollars, second you have to account for inflation and the massive increase in wealth the 1% has had due to natural accumulation of capital and thirdly his net worth is highly disputed.

You fell for the father loan meme? His father was a REAL realestate mogul and trump inherited a lot of that wealth. As is often pointed out he could have let the money sit in a hedge fund and he probably would have made more in the long run. Youre also discounting how he had huge bankruptcies and he only recouped that money because he posed as a tought businessman for TV audiences and got royalties from that

Caesar was never bankrupt. He was heavily indebted but at no point was his property seized by creditors or reorganized by a court. He just continued borrowing money from his patrons to fund his lifestyle and campaigns.

> Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

t. funny and engaging speaker.

Ok retard

I'm loving this.
More civil unrest in America, please. I live there too, I just want to see this country finally turn into an empire. The republic is just not stable and efficient enough to be able to manage a responsibility this large.

Hamilton was right.

>So Veeky Forums, tell me: Where's this new Caesar I was promised?

I'm the God-Emperor - your generation is being convicted of treason against me. In particular the US and Israeli governments, but everyone else on Earth as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hem96KPL0_8

He has little in common with either as he is not a vet. Crassus helped take a main gateway on the walls of Rome durong the first civil war and Caesars exploits are legendary.

Putin will be remembered as the man that brought law and order to Russia

If you've only ever listened to Western media, you'd think I'm delusional, but he's eradicated rogue elements of the Russian mafia that go back centuries and institutionalized the state as the sole legitimate user of force and deliverer of justice - something it never had, even under the Soviets.

Most people only ever see him portrayed as an evil oil baron who denied Hillary #HerTurn

He's something like quadrupled the conviction rate in the country and made the courts and police force significantly more trustworthy.

Bump

Not argument

>Russian mafia that go back centuries
>centuries
utter nonsense

>even under the Soviets.
you mean when it was even more authoritarian?

>oil baron
because his country relies on oil exports

>He's something like quadrupled the conviction rate
yes because locking more people up is the same thing as solving the problem for why such crime exists in the first place?

>t. brainlet

>There are people who voted for this imbecile
Kim, just nuke us already.