I'm tired of having my forearms look like shit, so I'm going to do something about it

I'm tired of having my forearms look like shit, so I'm going to do something about it.

What are some good exercises I can do w/ a home gym (aka barbell and adjustable dumbbell set)

I also have this problem
I'd say alot of hard gripping and squeezing to attempt to build your forearms

i never seen women showing up at any gym i have been like that. is this a california thing?

Farmers walk, deads, etc

reverse curls

anyone who denies it hasn't tried

Wrist curls, reverse wrist curls , famers walks

are these effective?

also, take a plate and hold it out at arm's length for time

If you have a normal DB with standard plates and not some silly & overpriced quickchange one, then go to the the hardware store. get a short length of 3/4" pipe nipple (real outer diameter of this is 1.05", and yes that is what short pipe lengths are called) and some clamps. Make a wrist roller, or so you can clamp a few smaller plates together. Do rolls, pinch grips, towel pullups, etc.

Yes, don't buy them though. You can make them yourself.

This cost me about $2 to make and jacks the fuck out of my forearms.

Roll it up one way, lower it back down, roll it back up the other way, roll it down. Rest and repeat.

Become a dad

this

Straight bar curls do fucking wonders.

interested. what do you use?

Raw milk

Are farmers walks effective with dumbells?

Yes hit up your local DIY.
Get some isolation foam and put some tape around.
Done

read aout proper grip. I used to have awful callouses when i put the bar in the middle of the bar, so I changed it to putting the bar right between the palm and my fingers.
got some serious grip gainz as a byproduct.

Grip strangth trainers are how2get mad forearms.

Mutant forearms.

noobgains forearms from shit like is probably all you'll need though.

I guess, if you can get them heavy enough, but that might be an issue

True. I don't want to be that asshole in the gym who takes two barbells and some plates just to do them though so I'll try to make it work.

it's a photoshoot thing

Cool, but isn't that the same as doing great 50 reps? It doesn't seem that you can build mass doing that.

could you explain to me the rolling? I don't get what you wrote

What about these?

Rock climber's advice: Flashlights and kettle bell rolls. Google how to properly do flashlights because you can cause damage tendons if you don't do it right. For kettle bell rolls take a piece of cord and tie one end to the kettle bell handle and the other to a wooden dowel or bar. Bend the knees, tense the abs and roll the dowel until the kettle bell reaches your hands and alternate rolling your hands toward you and away from you.

The flashlights will get you tone and the kettle bell rolls will build mass.

Otherwise I'd suggest finger board training. In my experience lifters have disproportionately weak grip compared to climbers. Also, its easy to overdo those exercises and hurt yourself so take it slow.

I didn't see this before I posted but that's exactly how I set mine up. Again, I gotta emphasize that you can hurt yourself with the curling. Make sure you go for short movements and don't over roll your wrists. I started getting pains from that and had to focus on what I was doing. Also, don't just do this. Flashlights broaden your tendons and decrease the chances of injury.