Can we have a serious thread about deadlifts?

Can we have a serious thread about deadlifts?
I always see
>deadlifts
bait threads, but how about a real one for once?
Is it necessary? Is it inherently better than other more isolated lifts? What would be comparable/are there any substitutes? Is the snap city express train a myth? What exactly does it work out (either strengthen or make more aesthetic)?

Do you guys do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BHxuRuSgXrI/?hl=en
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/37805873/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you take your form seriously, snap city is a myth

You'd have to be an oblivious idiot to go snap city -- it's true.

If you're going to sit around and do only one exercise -- do dead lifts.

Or, dead lift into OHP if you count that

I can practically hear gandalf saying you shall not pass

Oh, and it's about as close to a full body workout as you can get with one exercise -- even your biceps get some love, and you legs get the attention they deserve

Is it weird to see pictures of yourself slapped all over this hell hole?

You simply can't compete with test release from high dls.
Also
Muscles
>Target
Erector Spinae
>Synergists
Gluteus Maximus
Adductor Magnus
Quadriceps
Hamstrings (top half)
Soleus
>Dynamic Stabilizers
Hamstrings (bottom half)
Gastrocnemius
>Stabilizers
Trapezius, Middle
Trapezius, Upper
Levator Scapulae
Rhomboids
>Antagonist Stabilizers
Rectus Abdominis
Obliques

ye, but it's kinda my own fault.

Not accurate. See instead.

So what do you think about DLs? Objectively, as obviously powerlifting basically requires it.
Do you think it's necessary for all kinds of lifters, with any goal in mind, should deadlift? If not, is it recommended even so? Any substitutes?

hi sweetie ;)

trappy is this old news? Is there anything i should add? like, are my rear delts getting touched with this? d-do i add facepulls
pls trappy i need you

bby I love you.

Is this deadlift elite boyos?

instagram.com/p/BHxuRuSgXrI/?hl=en

I DL with the bar at the middle of my feet. That is correct, yes? If I bring it in too close before bending down I feel like I'm "squatting" the DL.

pullups and rows target your rear delts.
See this for more info desuarchive.org/fit/thread/37805873/

Since you are a mentally ill man who ruses other men into dating him and thinking hes actually a she, how do you sleep at night knowing the only way to find affection is through deception?

that pull-up thread is gr8, but unless I missed it it doesn't say which one you should do
If I'm not mistaken, wide-grip pullups are hardest, close grip chin-ups are easiest (most bicep activation), but lat activation is about the same, right?
To me, that means there's no reason to do pull-ups.. am I wrong? Do you have a preference?
pls help my little piggy nosed qt

If there was only one lift it would be the diddly.

Is it ok to "drop" the bar during DL? I mean, I lift it off the floor slowly, but return it to the floor much faster, without actually letting go. Am I missing out on gains or does everyone do this?

Don't bother asking it. It will kill itself soon

Gotta do deads, kid

trappy, what qualifies you to be such a self proclaimed expert on lifting?

this is 4 months off one of trappys shitty routines

Control it but it doesn't matter too much. It's rude to straight drop it.

Apparently nuetral or "hammer" grip pullups put the biceps and lats in the strongest mechanical position to do the most weight. Depends on proportions but this os generally true for most

Perfect

you look like trap

trappy, what do you think about the Fierce 5 novice routine

>trolls derailing a good thread

Good job summer/fit/

Lowering the bar is the eccentric part of the lift and you're cheating yourself by skipping it. It's like doing hill sprints where you only run down and never up.

>trappy thread
>good

You should only drop the bar if you're lifting some serious weight where easing it down would be impossible/dangerous. If you're doing 315-405lbs, there's no reason you should be dropping it after your sets.

this was never a thread about deadlifts. it's one of those "let me post something that looks like it's Veeky Forums related but the thread will actually be about the op image"

please explain why someone would need the eccentric part of the deadlift :)

It was entirely about deadlifts until you arrived.

Thanks bros. I'm lifting 377lbs for 5 sets of up to 7 reps, with bumper plates in my own garage gym so I don't have to worry about being loud or hurting anyone except myself.

I might have to lower the weight then, sigh

post more pics

The gym I go to only has those one machines for bench, squad, and deadlift

Do you change your form and method on those?

Throw traps into any good thing and it is no longer a good thing.

you mean smith machine?

Gotta do deads faggots

Is it bad to round your back? I've been doing it thinking it was the natural consequence of lifting heavy.

it looks like this

>holdy spikes

Are you George Costanza?

Ok so I'm very tall and I have so-so mobility.
I've been doing my deadlifts a little lifted off the ground, around 30cm i think.
A dude at my gym recommended it to me, he does the same thing he's tall and huge.
I'd like to know what Veeky Forums thinks about it.
I tried to draw what it looks like kinda.

Well I slept with your wife

You can also try sumo style if you have problems keeping your back straight

Jamal?

It's the one lift that truly drains me completely. Squats are tough but deadlift leaves me fucking knackered. Although it may be cause I usually do then after squats...

Anyway, it's a great lift. I've always done then belt less, cause standard belts don't fit me in a deadlift starting position, and if your form is sound your back will be OK. It's retards who either don't know how to do the lift or rush to put too much weight on the bar than they can handle that snap their shit up.

jerk store was better

I don't know enough to recommend much, but definitely do more mobility work.

Also, I'm hoping your pic is just shit, because that looks nothing like a deadlift. In a deadlift, save for the brief moment where it goes past your knees, the middle of your foot, bar and shoulder should always be in line. Your pic looks like the bar is somewhere out in front of your head, and your body way behind it.

yeah the pic is just shit i did it in 30sec.

and for mobility work idk man nothing seems to work. if i go low my butt winks no matter how much i stretch etc.
on a side note because it's kinda relevant I'm not a beginner i pull 470lbs

Trappy, how did you come to be so knowledgable? Did you go to school for this kind of stuff?

Whose that dick dehydrator?

Her

>her

what a qt, now i know why people around here like her so much

deadlifts blow dick man i hate doing them
why can't trappy blow my dick instead

desu i don't know if i like trappy's nose, probably the least flattering picture he/she released

prob have to see full face first though, she's a real qt in literally every other pic

Christ what a monster

Hnngg

>tfw I find this one the most attractive

uhh

The more I see Trappy, the more I think he looks like Sasha Grey.

Or Quiet

>Those man hands

Ew

Those are a woman's hands tho.

Yes you can, they're called squats.

Looks like Sasha grey mixed with Maggie gyllenhaal

If you're also having trouble building bicep, diddy is your friend! You'll get big arms from it

>Let's have a serious discussion
>Posts picture of biggest attention-whore on the board

The OP isn't a picture of boardshorts though. ...

Does trappy really live in lodon was going to visit japan next year but might worth to go to london if i get to fuk trappy

op here
>literally somewhat self conscious because i feel like my biceps are lagging way behind my tris
t-thanks SS
is this true tho do diddlies really help biceps?

the most balanced beginner routine, strength and aesthetics, perfect volume

They do, But you should just curl as well if your biceps are lagging.

Seriously why do these idiots take advice from a dyel tranny with no education or experience? Its the same type of cuck that asks Jason Blaha for advice on weight loss.

Guys, my shoulderblades get tight and hurt a bit after deadlifting, is this normal or my for is shit?

Yeah lmao. All he does is regurgitate shit from a few books. Most of the information is pointless, inconsistent or lacking anyway. So sad this attentionhunry cockwhore gets so much attention from all these beta DYELs

Vince G?

probably tight lats and traps for sitting so much in front of your pc