100 push-ups in a single set

My goal is to do 100 push-ups in less than 2 minutes, in a single set.

I've currently plateaued at 85 push-ups per set, but I can pump them out pretty quickly.

I'm currently doing 400 push-ups a day and 400 reverse-rows (supported pull-ups). I do the reverse rows to counter the pain in my shoulders due to the push-ups.

I've been doing this for 3 months. Even though I keep pumping out so many push-ups my max per set isn't increasing.

Anybody got any tips or insight to reach that 100 mark?

Why are you trying to achieve that ?

85 in 1 set?
I call that cardio. Why do you want to kill your gains?

Military considers 100 push-ups in one set the gold standard. That and it gets respect from all your squad mates.

That's not cardio. A real tabata run is cardio or a VO2 max shuttle run.

>Anybody got any tips or insight to reach that 100 mark?
probably no, best i ever did 75. but lets look at it from a scientific stand point: you are trying to augment the vascular/oxidative property of the muscle. You are trying to get more strength, you just want the muscle to "breath" better so it could hold longer.
that kind of training is usually focused around the time the muscle is under tension, meaning that the horrible burn that you feel in the last 10 reps is the signal that makes you muscles improve circulation.
So one thing you could do super sets, cashing in on that burn for as long as you can.
after you are done with one set of push ups, move to decline push ups, and punp as many of you can of those.

another strategy would be to try and enlarge your muscle, adding some sets of one handed pushups at the beginning.

I find one handed push-ups use different muscles because of the angle.

Interesting idea with the super sets though. So pretty much fighting through the burn?

I'll try it thanks.

Do military guys have so little to do they care about some random sperg doing push ups ?

>not caring about physical achievement

okay, you may not believe this shit, i've done 80+ in less than a minute, what worked for me was doing tabatas, and those push ups were knuckles push ups

that's the idea.
come back and report after you've tried it, I would really like to know how that worked.

I guess push ups with a bagpack would be better than one handed, but I really wouldn't try doing those AND super sets

I surely don't care about what number of pushups a random person can do. Sounds pointless

Military environment is very competitive. Every small achievement gains more respect.

March more accurately? Respect.
Don't fuck up on simple tasks? Respect.
Lead the pack in a forced march? Respect.
Articulate orders clearly? Respect.
Do more push-ups then everyone else? Respect.

Every soldier and officer is a cog in a big machine. The more well oiled a little cog is, the less friction there is with all the other little cogs.

Just makes life easier when everyone respects you.

t. someone who maxes out at 30 pushups

Scoobs has a program on his website for exactly this.

Anaerobic cardio is not a gains killer.

Push ups are great cardio

You have to program for bw stuff like this just like anything else. Doing a fuckload of volume without structure will net progress, but only consistently over a long period. If you want measurable progress in a set amount of time, figure out a program.

Also that much volume is dumb. There's a good chance your form is shit because micro injuries that you don't allow to heal.

A good starter program for pushups is

>5 mins as many pushups as possible. No reason to count, go until failure over and over. Does not have to be in one set but keep your muscles within 3-5 reps of constant failure
>rest 5 mins

Do this for 3 sets
Only do it once a week at most

Do a heavy chest day once a week. Like 3x3 or 3x5, and supplement that with triceps and shoulders accessories for 3x8

Goodluck m8

How do you do your usual 400?
I think what you could try is when you get to 85 get on your knees and bust out more modified push ups as much as you can.

I'm going to try this as well, thanks.

I do 60 push-ups and reverse rows an hour until night fall. I usually get in about 7 or 8 sets a day, though sometimes more, sometimes less.

I just went out and fought through the burn to reach a new max of 95 push-ups, though the last 5 had pretty poor form.

I rested for 30 seconds then did another 50, rested again and did another 25. Finished off with another 15 after that.

I think there may be something to this way of training.

You try pacing out 50 and 50. I hit 82 from 40-50s back in the day after a couple months. Timing is alot, started doing 20 an hour every hour for about 12 hours throughout the day. 50 an hour started to fuck me up. Wasnt sustainable, but i didnt know shit about eating well. Diamonds, wide arms, etc.

Repetitive exercise will mess you up if you don't counter the effects.

Stretching and opposite exercises help a great deal.

For each push-up you should do a reverse row, then 3 minutes of stretching per set.

Long term repetitive push-ups cause shoulder issues. It's not fun.

I find that regular sprint training on top of light, regular running vastly inproves bodyweight training performance.

>Not going for 420reps

It's like you're not even trying to make it.

OP make sure youre able to brace your core for all that pushing. Planks will keep you stable and make the pushups easier