Can someone explain to me why Eddie Hall's ~1100 pound deadlift is so impressive when people are literally squatting...

Can someone explain to me why Eddie Hall's ~1100 pound deadlift is so impressive when people are literally squatting >1000 pounds to depth?

youtube.com/watch?v=PdCx_Ghg6Ig

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5M13EBl_jF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>disgusting non-legit powerlifter squat
>comparing it to a 500kg proper strongman deadlift (not sumo a.k.a a REAL deadlift
DYEL bro?

because that spotter has his dick in that guys ass
>no homo

Low bar doesn't count

bench suit >> squat suit > diddy suit (almost no advantage)

>powerlifter squat
he clearly hit depth

at elite levels, squat and diddylift stats are the same

Is this a troll or not?
Powerlifting has much more stringent rules on the lifts.

Have you even fucking seen a strongman or powerlifting competition?

Sup dyel

Eric's squat was classic raw so raw with wraps. No suits there though

Squatting usually outpaces deadlifts at higher levels. Usually the bar just gets too heavy to hold on to (not an issue with strongman being able to use straps)

>proper strongman deadlift
>hitching is allowed
the only deadlift worth anything is IPF standard conventional deadlifts

ignoring all the 'non-legit' comments, this is why:

in powerlifting, squats hit 1000lbs way before deadlifts i think when captain kirk karwoski hit it back in the 90s. deadlifts didn't break the 1000lb mark til andy bolton pulled 1003lb in 2009, and the only person to beat him since was benedikt magnusson in 2011 with 1015lb. his record, as far as powerlifting goes, still stands

eddie hall did a conventional pull in a strongman event. now, depending on what you consider a 'real' deadlift, this may or may not be more impressive than benni's 1015lb pull. however, considering that benni's strongman record is only 1016lb, and assuming he and eddie used the same bar, same plates etc, eddie's pull is impressive because it is a 84lb jump on the last world record
also, squats are debateably 'easier' to hit high numbers on because of the wraps and the depth thing and the stretch reflex whereas deadlifts start from a dead-stop. though, you could also argue that the deadlift bar bends a lot before the plates break ground but whatever

tl;dr he beat the old record by 84lbs.

I'm waiting for one of you useless buzz word spouting cunts to say some variant of ridiculous so we've got a trifecta of milennial mindlessness.

just wanted to add, despite 1100 being higher than 1015, i still think this 1015 is the most elegant deadlift of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=5M13EBl_jF0

Strongman is a real sport, powerlifting is basically a hobby.

Deadlift is harder to train at the advanced/elite level because it's so damn difficult to recover from that it can fuck with progress on your other lifts if you do it too often.

Also grip is a major limiting factor, even with mixed grip or hook.

lol i find it hilarious that people believe this

webm related: a real sport

>i don't like it because it has rules
>it's not a real sport

on the real, this isn't even raw so who cares anyway

Every sport has rules, retard. PL is a joke.

cause there's any difference in raw, right?

In terms of competition and funding, its kind of true. WSM can afford to shell out a million for its competitors, the IPF doesn't even put out the money to get competent spotters for Worlds.

>PL is a joke.
dude there are millions of people watching basketball every night if you wanna talk about a joke

as for the webm, don't be butthurt if the guy found a way to get the highest score within the rules ffs

Because the IPF has integrity and isn't a plebeian spectacle like strongman.

People like you are why powerlifting is a joke and will never be allowed into the Olympics.

That's only true when gear is allowed (squat suits add a ton more weight than deadlift suits and you can't wrap on deadlifts). Take those away - hell, leave the wraps - and the deadlift broke a grand well before the squat did.

The first 1k squat was Fred Hatfield back in the mid 80s followed by Lee Moran a few days later.

>IPF
>integrity

Yes, because putting lifters at risk by using high school kids weighing a buck fifty who don't even know what the hell they're doing to spot 700+ squats just screams integrity.

who the fuck wants it in the olympics anyway? this isn't oly or archery

The IPF does.

And they've been proclaiming for decades that its just around the corner. The fact that they've made about zero progress in that time doesn't seem to have dissuaded them.

More power to them if they manage it, but I personally can't see the enjoyment in their vision of powerlifting.

Strongman is quite literally a circus sideshow now divorced from the circus. The IPF has a quiet dignified performance sphere and strict technical rules.
Blame that on USAPL, this was in no way an issue for example when Finland was responsible last year or during the bench cup in Denmark earlier this year.

>who the fuck wants it in the olympics anyway?

The IPF you're so bravely championing for one.

>The IPF has a quiet dignified performance sphere and strict technical rules.
>power bebbies are this delusional

>that erection
n-no homo

>Deadlift half a ton
>"pssh, you think that's impressive, kid?"

ITT /plg/

Why does every powerlifter seem to be on the spectrum?

If the spotter is touching him it doesn't count as a legit lift you fucking retards.

> i still think this 1015 is the most elegant deadlift of all time

>'AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH'
>Gives his friend a kiss before starting
>Pacing back and forth like a madman
>Literally gets into sprint position before almost running to the bar

>Elegant

just kill yourself retard

That guy deadlifts 205 while everyone else deadlifts 220-270.

what erection you pencil dick