QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

>Pepe edition

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingmuscle.com/strongman/pick-up-something-new-10-loaded-carries-to-strengthen-your-training-and-yourself
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll start.

>What do you think of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Golden Six routine?

It goes like this:

AxAxAxx

>Barbell Squat 4x10
>Wide Grip Bench Press 3x10
>Chin Ups / Pull Ups 3xAMRAP
>Behind the Neck OHP 4x10
>Barbell Curl 3x10
>Crunches / Sit-Ups 3xAMRAP

If you can manage a set of 12-13 reps, increase weight more next time.

After 3 months, add 1 set to everything but abs. Continue for 6 months, then add another set to everything but abs.

Are spider curls a good alternative to barbell curls?

i read that blood sugar after eating even really sugary shit would be under 130 2 hours after consuming.

But what i cant find info on is normal levels testing immediately after. Just ate a pack of twizzlers and it was like 320 15 minutes after eating but down to 85 in 50 minutes. Shouldn't it never go above 200 ever no matter what/how much i eat? Also, does it help to do some high heart rate cardio after consuming the worst of the worst?

I don't want to get the beetus guys but i have such a sweet tooth, i'm not fat though. I'm scared.

I am NEET for three months untill i begin university, and in that time i am gonna be pretty inactive.

Would it be worth doing ligy cardio daily to compensate for my lack of activity, i am currently bulking but im already pretty fat but im lifting for strength. I just want to avoid any unnecessary fat gain whilst still adding weight to my lifts.

is cardio necessary for a cut or just calories in calories out?

it isn't, but if you want to be able to cum more than one time a fuck it is

OK, so does it piss you guys off when people say they can't control their weight? I commented on a Facebook post saying something like, people can control weight just follow thermodynamics. All of a sudden beta orbiters start calling me an idiot and the user has a gut issue. Apparently mal absorption. I was just like OK, talk to your doctor then about fixing that. Keep proceeding to call me retarded.

America's health education system has really failed us.

For context her post said everyone's body is different and they can't control weight.

What accessory exercises should I include while doing 5/3/1?

Go talk to a doctor

Cardio is good, yes

Why do you care? Just ignore that shit if it's online

How long can I take ephedrine (as bronkaid) before I become fucked up with like 5 years to live like that one women that was addicted to it had

Best exercises for my chest/core? My arms are fine

I dunno, I dont really care I guess. I just don't really understand why basic nutrition triggers people. I guess ill think myself stupid thinking like that.

How to fix a hip that makes cruchy/snapping sounds when you lower your leg and has a general discomfort surrounding it?

Is it normal to feel more sleepy when cutting? I have 100kg and starter dieting for the first time in my life

Why do I spill meat on penis?

is your protein intake supposed to be calculated by your current weight or your goal weight?

I train mainly for strength and would like to know a decent routine for MOBILITY after the work out, so I don't get sluggish or tight.
I'm really clueless on this aspect

Don't be 90 with arthritis and aching joints

Sticky has a few in the second post.

how do i get rid of gyno without surgery? lower bf%? (and yes, it's not too much bodyfat, it is gynecomastia)

My 2nd day at the gym I got training from a 56 year old South African Goddess. I really like her advice on form. Today she taught me deadlifts and benchpress and a couple other things. I have another free session scheduled for Monday at 8am when we will do squats and OHP. If I want more after that it's $55/hr.

I guess they try to sell you like 10 hours a month. That's kind of out of the question. Would it be worth it to just schedule a couple hours a month or is that not enough time to be worthwhile? Waste or good? The old man there who gave me my tour the first day said she's a top tier powerlifter. And she says stuff like "attaboy" when I get it right which is really kawaii

I want a thick, solid roman physique similar to that of a Rugby player (pic related).

What routine should I be doing if I'm currently skinnyfat? I tried SS and gained strength while eating clean bulk, but I look more skinnyfat now. I'm thinking a back/bi, chest/tri, legs split, or maybe a 6-10 rep PPL routine 3x week.

Any advice is appreciated.

There is this chick that keep saying muscles built from doing sports are better than muscles built from weight lifting because the latter will go soft if you stop lifting while the former is permanent.

How true is this? How do i rebute that?

What is that thick blonde crossfit girls name who is mad popular these days? Need fap material, thx

>ask her if she can elaborate on that and explain to you what the differences are between sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hyperthrophy.
And while she's at it maybe she can explain to you why athletes do weight training to enhance their sport abilities

I'm no expert but I've lurked here and watched a lot of youtube videos so take it as you will

heavy ass compounds + a few acessories

the rest comes down to having low bf% and genetics.
low bf% IS what makes you aesthetic along with muscle, you can be packing all the muscle in the world yet if youre not on that 10-14% you wont look that great

SS "doesnt work" because people dont add acessories nor do they do their pull ups and dips like the book mentions
they're also new so they lack knowledge bout proper form and diet.
also most of them are skinny fat or look like shit so obviously if they bulk theyll look worse

again, it's all about low bf% and having some muscle
notice how dyel football players have aesthetic cores and with minimal training they look good(Cristiano Ronaldo for example)

Rugby players don't build their physiques by doing stupid ass splits. Focus on strength, the stronger you are the bigger you are. Stick with SS until you no longer make gains on SS, then switch to madcow or Texas method. Bodybuilding only works for enchanced lifters.

Weighted carries.

breakingmuscle.com/strongman/pick-up-something-new-10-loaded-carries-to-strengthen-your-training-and-yourself

These'll thicken you up and get your core, back, and legs working hard

the sticky seems to have some absurd shit like 1.5g protein per lbs when cutting, that's like double what you need but anyways.

I'm checking it and it seems the following

>stretch everyday or at least after every work out
>do starting stretching

is this all I need?
Will be fun learning this stretches or finding how what they are/how to do

I think I might be retarded since I dont get texas method nor madcow that well but... is it basically doing ramp up sets?
isn't it basically SS except you just try to up weight once at friday? except I guess you add acessories too if you wish?

Also, I was doing SS + Acessories but had to cut since I was getting way too fat(started from skinnyfat), my lifts are intermediate but I feel like I might be able to get them higher if I bulk. Should I switch to those programs or keep at it?
My numbers are a bit down since I had a motorcycle crash

Squat - 122.5kg(it's going up since the accident, was at 135kg before)
Deadlift - 125kg(fixed form, weight shooting up in cut somehow)
Bench- 82.5kg
OHP - 52.5KG

Thanks in advance if someone replies, need some guiding.

I saw one pretty retarded post like 30 minutes ago.

>How do I cook my eggs?

fucking savage

Going to try this, but what if I am skinnyfat and naturally my hips are just as wide as my shoulders? Will this adversely effect my thickness or will it help widen my abdomen?

madcow is ramping, TM is sets across. I'd recommed TM cause it's meant to be used continuously and can be modified to use for years - madcow is an overreaching programme meaning you have to 'fail' at some point and it's use is a bit more nuanced for the general public.

its just

VD - 5x5 @ 90% 3x5 weight (last SS session)
RD - 80-90% VD weight
ID - 2.5kg above last 3x5 weight for 1x5

VxRxIxx

keep doing SS while you look properly into TM

This is wrong.

If you are skinnyfat, than doing 5x5 or 3x5 will not help you get bigger. You will gain strength but aesthetic gains will be minimal.

Stick to 4x8-10 reps. Go as heavy as you can with good form, and spend a good 1-2 hours at the gym at a time. My chest gets way more sore from 4x10 at 135 lbs than it does from 3x5 at 195 lbs.

Get your form in check, lift for a max of 10 reps and go as heavy as you can while still getting those reps in. Skinnyfats have extreme trouble with recovery so going to failure or putting a lot of pressure on your CNS in general will not help you get AESTHETIC.

what is shieko??

heard anons on plg/ talk about it and idk what it is

I could go more into why everything said was wrong but I'll just leave pic related cause its the main point for op.

don't bother listening to this guy.

Do some HIIT

Thanks, I'll look up into it once I'm bulking and can no longer keep adding 1.25kg plates per work our or for a week

but in those programs acessories will be done however you like, right? the traditional 3x8 or 3x12

I'm not skinny fat anymore

I'm doing 3x5 on the compounds and 3x8-12 on acessories

for example my B day is:

Squats 3x5
OHP 3x5
Yate Rows 3x8(dunno if I should do them for strength or hypertrophy but I enjoy squeezing my back)
Weighted Dips 3x8 (I switched with pull ups because push pull ratio)
Tricep Pulldown 3x8/12
Lat Pulldown 3x8/12

and that's it, I also box so I try to not overload the work out.
I also don't Squat on A day anymore, 3x week means no pants since my waist is small-ish

So it's basically low reps for strength
and whatever the fuck for hypertrophy ?

which means youll gain/build the same amount of muscle doing 3x5 as if you were doing 3x12(20+ starting to be detrimental for muh gains) ?

>but in those programs acessories will be done however you like, right?
yeah 3x8-12 is standard for accessories

>So it's basically low reps for strength
>and whatever the fuck for hypertrophy ?
yes, think of it as more of number of difficult sets gives you hypertrophy, rather than in terms of which rep range.

so doing a strength programme gives you strength and hypertrophy.

I'm both (You)'s btw so I'm just answering in one go.

Alright thanks.

I remember seeing a guy that did strictly SS(so basically compounds and pulls/chins/dips and he ended up looking good, even had circled the areas on the body that x exercise worked, shame I didn't save the picture.

here you go, lad

and good luck

Gym's olympic bar is probably a cheap one, how much do they hold? Srs worried about snapping on my back while squatting kek
at 1pl8 shit starts to bend a bit

much better pic here than what other user posted

I love you guys, no homo.

>much better pic
kek it's almost the exact same pic, which neither of us made ourselves.

I didn't realise we were in competition

Shit Veeky Forums retard here, went overboard with last set on the leg press, and got a ticket to snap city, felt a sharp pain and all, I should assess damage more easily tomorrow. it wasn't a big weight put I kind of let it go deeper and my lower back went away?

How to I rehabilitate? Miss gym for a week or two?

not him but at least that one has a legend so you know what the colors are indicating

when do i move on from starting strength

>no cleans
>pull ups instead of chin ups
>pull ups working biceps
>dips

It's even more cleanly drawn out.

Texas Method is lots of fun

oh, I just saw the bottom part of the pic

foot in mouth

About a year or until you reach a point where you plateau. I stopped around 11 months when my squat and deadlift kept stalling

Where all the Pepes at?
---
Anyway, I'm on SS and I've reached the point where recovery after deadlifts is starting to be an issue. I heard lots of great things about Snap City, but I don't want to go there regardless.

What can I do instead of power cleans? Do I just do deadlift like usual only lighter? More volume though?

What are some common questions that run through your guy's heads?

For example, whether to do cardio before weights, the seriousness of hydration, ect?

I want to make some infographs

when it stops giving you gains. I think in the book it mentions when you stall after deloading on squats/deadlifts. Generally though once you hit 1/2/3/4 you should probably move to an intermediate routine.

Oh you said when not where. When you are eating and sleeping right but the fatigue from your previous lift interferes with your next lift (aka you cannot recover from that frequency of high intensity)

even the cheap ones can carry whatever weight you'll ever be able to lift x10.

>implying you need to do cleans
>implying bicep flexion doesn't train biceps
>implying the pullups cant be interchanged with chin ups to get the point across
>implying dips is a bad exercise

you really love that picture you posted, don't you. is it of your boyfriend?

I'd have to question the Alcarez, newer studies are showing that there very much is a difference between resting 3 mins and 30 secs.

When I have my knee in the same position my feet will be different, so when Squatting or Deadlifting shit's weird to get in a good position

Am I fucking my knees? Pic related, tried to replicated getting under the bar and doing 3 steps back and adjusting my feet(not cool or easy when you have 3pl8 on your back)

I'm a 5'11 330lb fat fuck former athlete done with college trying to get back to good looking weight (like

I know m8 slaying all kinds of pussy with that banter

spit it out

I'm curious on that since I used to rest 5 mins when I started training strength but now I do 2mins, sometimes bit more or less if I listen to my body

also is there any template on warming up? like % of your max, I forgot and need to recalculate things

will power. The cravings go away once your new diet becomes routine.

is it ok to blend flaxseeds? i've started having smoothies as part of my breakfast and i usually throw some seeds in it for some mineral gains.

google gives me tons of lesser known sites claiming that ground flaxseeds are dangerous because they contain cyanide or something like that

What do I do when my biceps give up first when im doing back exercises? Lat pulls pullups and dumbell rows all tire my biceps and forearm like fuck

>peel banana
>oh no it magically created significant quantities of cyanide

I think you'll be fine, the process blending them can't produce cyanide, I'll eat my dick if it can

it says on the package of these ones not to eat more than 2 tbsp per day, but I dont k ow if they mean ground or just whole....

i let them sit in water a bit and then eat them, because it helps my digestive system
actually unsure if I should even count the calories of those since they come out pretty much intact I think...

in the sense you have more rest you can generally do more work

it in itself provides no training stimulus that effects hypertrophy

it can't create, but it can release
if it's stuck in the shell and the shell would pass through you intact vs. grinding the shell up to a fine flour your body will absorb

Not really necessary for cutting, but I highly recommend doing some HIIT once a week for it's other benefits. Lifting and eating a deficit are really what matter when it comes to cutting.

I was wondering if random exercises throughout the day outside the gym have any detrimental or beneficial effects.

For example this morning I did 5x5 25kg weighted pullups.

After lunch I don't feel tired anymore and do 2x12 bodyweight pullups on my staircase (a fun
habit). Later tonight I might randomly do 2 more sets.

I'm a damaging my gains by doing this or does it make no difference?

thanks, I suppose i'll throw them in whole after blending just to be on the safer side

Any protips for pectus excavators?

bumping for this

seriously scared but it's been months and nothing, I even hit a car with my right knee at 55km/h and 2 months later I came back squatting, I also dont feel pain
I do sometimes though when resting feel my knees sore and a weird feeling, not exactly pain but kind off if you catch my drift, like really tired

This is absolute bollocks.

Athletes in contact sports train for strength in the weight room because they know (or at the very least their coaches know) that you won't get sufficiently strong via sport specific practice alone.

Strength and muscle are also incredibly costly adaptations for the body to make, so it follows that they hang around for a long time even if you stop lifting. Yes, you will lose muscle over time if you don't train - at a rate of around 1% of your total muscle mass a year.

The reason that people tend to gain fat when they stop training is DIET. Gaining strength requires you to eat a hell of a lot of food. People who stop training often continue with their eating habits from their training days, and then get fat.

This, would like input aswell
Hang in there breh

Texas method is designed in response to the fact that your body can no longer adapt after each workout and recover quickly enough for another 'max' day.

That happens because you make less progress the closer you get to your personal genetic "ceiling" and because as an intermediate lifter you can handle loads that put more stress on your body than it can recover from in just a couple of days.

So instead of increasing the weight on an exercise every time, you instead 'periodise' your training into week long blocks. For example: You start with a high volume workout Monday (usually 5x5 at slightly below your 5RM), then do a lighter workout Weds (usually at 80% of Mondays weight) then do a single heavy set of 5 on Friday with 5lb/2.5kg added to your last 5RM.

The next week, you add the same amount of weight to your 5x5 and do the same progression pattern again. This gives your body time to recover from Monday's workout to display the new strength gains on Friday.

Ah yes, of course, didn't think about that.

how many calories should you have before a morning workout?

I'm just eating eggs with some sriracha

When should you use those knee straps and straps?

Is it best to take your daily vitamins and supplements all at the same time or space it out during the day?

there's no set amount

ideally never

doesn't matter

I'm struggling in my deadlift due to my grip, I can lift more too but my grip starts to slip in the fingers
what am I supposed to do? this is pretty annoying

Help me Veeky Forums:
I'm a recovering skinnyfat who has no access to a gym, I'm also extremely tight with money and had to save just to get myself a pullup bar.
I have absolutely no clue on how to make a workout regimen with what little I have, up until now I just did pushups 4x25 until I reached a point where I could do it with not much effort. The only thing I can do for now with the pullup bar are chinups (I manage to do only 4x3 at the moment) and leg raises.
My main problem is that I have no idea what I should do with what little I have, I don't know how many reps I should aim for, when I should rest and when not and which exercises should I do in general.
I read the sticky but creating a program with no experience is pretty damn confusing.

TL;DR: I'm a dyel who only has access to a pullup bar, have any routine to suggest?

>what am I supposed to do?
Improve your gripstrength.

Letting your grip fall even further behind is definitely not the right answer.

Relative noob here getting my diet and such in order and was wondering if 3670 calories (what I got out of the tree calc) for a 6' 2" guy that weighs 243 lbs and is 22yo doing a ppl routine sounds a bit high but I just wanted another opinion on the matter

I mean, sure you can use a strap or chalk if you're ok with that, but if your problem is your grip strength, WORK ON YOUR FUCKING GRIP STRENGTH

so those things you squeeze aren't a meme?
whats the best

a bit high? possibly, but if your goal is linear progression on strength and you don't care about putting on weight, that's fine.

farmer walks, plate pinching or whatever it's called.

Thanks user nah I'm looking to lean out a bit first as I have a gut so I'll start out at 3200 and see how it goes from there

I used to be fat but now i'm Veeky Forums. Problem is that my skin isn't "cut", even after 1 year of exercises and having a 6 pack.
What am I doing wrong? Or is there something i should eat to get rid of this loose skin?

Thanks
I try to do farmer walks but there's only one spot to do so in the small gym and when its full(almost all time im there) no chance
Plate pinch seems nice, seems like something you can even do at home

if you're looking to lose weight, even 3200 might be too high. What's your current body comp? If you're 6'2" and 243lbs of mostly fat, you should probably be eating around 2000-2500 to lose weight. This also depends on your goals though as you'll lose strength as well.

not much you can do about loose skin except wait a long time or get it surgically "fixed"

hey guys should i wait until i hit 1/2/3/4 to change to texas method or should i do it before?

How much long? Considering kind of young (22).
Can a high protein diet help?

If you have the strength for chin-ups/pull-ups, try doing them with rope or even wrapping a towel around the bar and grip that. It does a lot for your grip strength.