Sorry, but this is bullshit. They claim to solve oracle problem by decentrilizing oracles. Oh well...

Sorry, but this is bullshit. They claim to solve oracle problem by decentrilizing oracles. Oh well, guess where those decentrilized oracles get their information from? Yeah, from a centralised guru source. The problem still exists by meddling with the source of information.

Basically nodes purchase information from centralised oracle providers and compete against each other to provide the most accurate information to the users.
Problem is the information still come from centralised sources.

How could you fall for this guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

smartcontract.com/
swift.com/node/46136
slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/HJglipax9KmMPx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh tons of other way more shit pajeet coins worth more out there you must hate money to not at least have a couple thousand in it

fuck up

why do you try so hard?

Shhhhhh, don't tell them it's pure vaporwave shilled only here on Veeky Forums.

Can you refute the argument I made. Tell me how this shit fixes the oracle problem when the oracle is a real life entity that can be fucked with

Say I want to make a program that automatically rewards payouts on stock calls & puts.
If I use someone's website, it could be tampered with.
If I use a company's chain link oracle, it'd be less likely to be tampered with since they bought into the chain link system. but its still not foolproof.
So I write my program so that it reads 5 oracles of different exchanges for the price and if 4/5 of them agree, then I exercise the contract.
Or say this is a 10 million dollar transaction, so I want more security, I want 5/5 for transactions above 1 million, and only 2/5 for transactions under $500
and I notify all my customers so they're aware of the risk and if they want to take it or not.

This is how it works, right?

So many opportunities to make money in crypto but we still have fucksticks on biz shilling scamcoins. When will you losers die and burn in hell?

Tell me why do we need this.

Why cant we really make it all simple and use an SQL database like we did before?

Dumb post. Youre not understanding the point behind decentralizing in the first place

Ye-ye, Chainlink is scam
Usually, I'd fud with you, but rn I want LINK to soar.

Blockchain guarrantees decentralization, as anybody can set up their node. You can cross-verify the solutions provided by the network.
Moreover, the nodes with provably fair solutions will be getting more link, which is smt like rep in this network.

Good Lord you are retarded

how would that be decentralized ?

that should be obvious.
>dba realizes he could make $10 million dollars if he took one side of a trade, altered the value in the database
>the smart contract executes, within 1 minute $10 million is in his account, he leaves for lunch and no one notices anything

The point of oracle decentralization is that you can't trust any one source, but as the number of sources you query increases, the probability that they're all lying to you is minimized.

>guess where those decentrilized oracles get their information from? Yeah, from a centralised guru source

Lol you have Z E R O clue what you're talking about.

Read the whitepaper.

>the oracle is a real life entity that can be fucked with
So long as every single part of every single thing living or dead does not have an array of built-in sensors, using real-life data is always going to be tricky.

That's why it's important to use as many sources of information as possible.

And read the whitepaper, there are entire systems in place to weight nodes according to past performance, reliability, etc.

Feels good to see these threads and see how many people will be FOMO buying when it's time to sell.

>when it's time to sell.

$20?

Everyone can call others names, arguments or gtfo baggie

why the fuck do you need it to be decentrilized?

You aren't supposed to /thread yourself retard.

more name calling

name calling = proof you are wrong durr

More like 2-300

because thats the entire point of the block chain. How are you supposed to trust one entity when everything is anonymous?

Also

that'd make me a multi-millionaire....can't see it happening.

>because thats the entire point of the block chain. How are you supposed to trust one entity when everything is anonymous?

Blockchain is a solution looking for a problem. Tell me the whole point of these "oracles" lol

Because the more decentralized it is, the more "trustless" it is.

Decentralization is what made bitcoin and the blockchain so revolutionary: hundreds of thousands of private parties own a full version of all the proofs ever generated.

>keeps misspelling decentralized

obvious troll is obvious....

So how do I run a chainlink node to reap the oracle rewards and how much per node eh?

>doesn't understand the point of the blockchain
>asks people to explain the point of oracles

You are in WAAAAY over your head here.

Do you hate lambos?

n-no...

>SQL database like we did before
HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Just look it up? Get a basic understanding of block chain and how oracles play a role in smart contracts. After that you can ask questions but at this point you are trying to run a marathon when you cant even walk.

Then have faith, wait a year or 1.5

AND DON'T YOU DARE HAVE WEAK HANDS AND REAP IN SWEET PROFITS AT 5$ U WILL REGRET IT LATER

TRUST ME I MISSED BOTH BTC AND ETH MOONS

Do you know the utter, bitter, complete destruction and boilage of all feelings that are inside you when you come back into the crypto world and realise what kind of money you could've had?

You don't want to feel it.

Today I'm poor I don't have much money. Luckolu I could spare 1000 $ to get back into the cryptospace.

I am 95 % in LINK.

When you come back to the crypto space after 2 years and realise you could've been a multimillionaire if you hadn't cashed out your profits to party and drinking.

It is the most devastating feeling I have ever felt. That same night I decided to do a quick checkup on btc and ETH compared to how much I had.

I smoked a whole pack of cigarettes and drank a whole bottle of whiskey because I was completely DESTROYED.

I would much rather lose the money I have now than cash out too soon and get 4000 $

Don't become me user.

You are so sure in ChainLink, how do you know it won't just turn out to another OMiseGo failure as Veeky Forums shillcoin of the month?

Because unlike OMG, Chainlink has a working product and actual verifiable major business relationships.

Chainlink's use case is also much more vast than OMG's.

OMG had an amazing fucking run if you got in early....are you actually mentally retarded, or just pretending?

I need to do this but chasing pumps is so fun when you get in early at 10 cents and make the easiest money of your life. So far i am 4/4 on the last 4 pump and dumps made an easy 2-3x its addicting lol

I did my research this time. I know this market inside and out now. I'm just waiting for my wagecuck salary so I can buy more link.

Link has a HUGE place in the world.
yes, WORLD. If this goes through.

Just do every single piece of research available on chainlink and you will see for yourself.

And the only way it could end up a failure like OmiseGO is if SWIFT decides not to adopt it.

In that case it will still have a chance to be a big player just at a smaller scale.

If SWIFT decides not to adopt LINK sure the price will plummet but it will eventually recover.

In that case if that has happened. You cash out your 8x-10x profit and search for the next possible mooncoin.

I will not stop until I catch the next NEO, or ETH.

>Because unlike OMG, Chainlink has a working product and actual verifiable major business relationships.

Working product? Who actually uses ChainLink and why is it only on binance then?

I don't see chainlink on bittrex / polo

sound scammy

>In that case if that has happened. You cash out your 8x-10x profit and search for the next possible mooncoin.

It has already risen a lot, why do you think it will rise another 8x-10x?

I feel you...but don't make it an obsession, losing everything isn't fun either. Cash out at least a third of your profits after a skyrocket, that way you have at least your initial investment back, and even some profit.

I don't know if you're spreading FUD or not but if you're not.

You should research this with an open mind and see what link ACTUALLY does.

They already have a working product.

as for why it's not on Bittrex, that's just minor politics. I only care about the product.

It could be on Etherdelta only for all I care. The bottom line is the price.

>OMiseGo failure
>OMG 16X profits at the top
>still sitting at 7X profits from when it went live not taking into consideration ICO discounts
special kind of retard

>fuck those presale links I swear they are scams, not sending eth haha!
>lol all of them went over max allocation of 300 eth, no way they get their link I will just get in on the crowd sale
>2 weeks later
>Lol still no word on whether they get any link from these abused presale urls hahahaha
>crowdsale time
>wtf 29.5m already filled out of 30m, I will put myself on sick notice so I don't miss the correct block
>WHAT THE FUCK I MISSED IT
>WHAT THE FUCK THOSE PRESALE CONTRIBUTORS GOT LINK? IT WASN'T A SCAM AFTER ALL
>I will just fud this coin like everyone else so I get to buy under ico price haha
>2x on etherdelta, what the fuck??
>the fudding is not working it is not going down
>well fuck this shit I am not getting in on all time high
>wtf 3x ico price, already 100m market cap???
>4x you kidding me
>haha it is dipping DEAD COIN
>it is going up again? DEAD CAT BOUNCE YOU RETARDS
(You are here)
>this coin will dip before sibos no way it goes on like this...
>200m market cap on day of sibos ha-! I bet it will crash today during the demo when sergey fucks up
>wtf it is a huge success
>some time later
>HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SHITCOIN TOP 10 MARKET CAP NOW
>TOP 5 WHAT THE FUCK
>it is finally on coinbase, now I can buy safely :)
>Haha a 3% gain in A WEEK, suck on that litecoin faggots

I won't lose anything I can't afford to lose, so It's fine. It's worth the risk.

>Working product?
You can go set up an oracle right now on their website. Their network v1.0 was just finished, and is being used to develop the two practical use cases (bonds and coupons) for the SIBOS demo.

not everyone buys bottom

Crossing my fingers

>baggie
>port is only up by £30000 since ICO
Yeah no mate

1.5/10 FUD but the answer is simple.

Would you rather have more things centralized or less things centralized?

Get fucking rekt new fag. Yes, WOW - just BRILLIANT observation that some APIs come from a single central source. INCREDIBLE obersvation bro. Now unless you want SkyNet to rule the world and exterminate all humans then hey gues what - EVENTUALLY in the chain there has to be a person actually doing something. The point is before ChainLink you would have trust Standard & Poors for their api AND ALSO the oracle to translate it honestly

Now we don't need to trust the oracle. We knocked out the last possible trust step that we can knock out. This shit is bananas and you're salty you missed out. Get obliterated faggot

Good thing you have a shot to buy LINK near the bottom then... or come back here in 2 months after link has already 10x-20x and it drops 30% and you call it a "failure" kys you will never succeed.

bottom was month ago

>Chainlink has a working product and actual verifiable major business relationships.

lolwut

Stop being so closeminded

This thing at the current price IS A FUCKING STEAL

say it only goes to 1$ (it won't)

That's a 2x profit.
Why are you in cryptocurrencies if you have no faith?

smartcontract.com

You can already create your own smart contracts

Yeah its not like Binance is ranked 8 in the world as far as exchange volume, LOL stay away noob, wait for it to go to $1 and then buy from buttrex

Guys, what would people do for an inside tip that BTC would reach 5k $ when it was at 300$?

That was me when I cashed out at 300 having no idea it would be as huge as it is today.

Look at pic related.

This thing called chainlink. IT IS ABSOLUTELY HUGE. And you have the chance to get in on the ground floor. Just look at the views. It's flying under the fucking radar.

and just imagine this.

They have a partnership with SWIFT and will speak at SIBOS.

look up SWIFT and SIBOS.

anyone not jumping on this have no braincell.

This is ethereum when it was 20$

Ah the last ditch efforts to fud before sibos. Really want some cheaper Link, don't you?

>smartcontract.com

So it has "a major business partnership" with ITSELF?

Are linkies really this retarded?

lol i know right ,where are all of these YUGE companies link is working with?

Where are they? What is LINK doing?

Do you want to know why it's so under the radar?

Look at CEO Sergey Nazarov.

This guys last tweet was a month ago.

His team and himself barely does any marketing. They don't care about exposure (which is why this seems so safe to me).

The exposure comes when they partner with SWIFT and speak to SIBOS. When swift ADOPTS THEM AND 11000 BANKS START USING SMARTCONTRACTS.

The fact that they don't try to get on new exchanges and keep getting people to believe their idea and keep convincing the masses that this is the way is what makes me believe in this.

They care about their product and future rather than getting on bittrex.

These are the types of coins you are looking for.

When the devs are solid and focuses on WORK not MONEY

I love those interviews/presentation, makes me more confident about LINK because Sergey knows what he's talking about and can answer questions.
You get that feel of a truly legit project even though it doesn't seem like they're communicating much.

He's obviously responding to the part where you said no working product but it's there on the website.

We propose three basic complementary approaches to ensuring against faulty nodes:
(1) Distribution of data sources; (2) Distribution of oracles; and (3) Use of trusted
hardware.

I can't be any more glad that I went balls deep in the presale...just look at this thread, most people STILL don't even know what the fuck an oracle is. It has been shilled on Veeky Forums for fucking weeks, people have been explaining every fucking thing in language that even my brain damaged nephew would understand, and STILL people don't get it. The gains are going to be bananas when this starts going viral.

working product @ Smartcontract.com

Partnership with SWIFT.

but then again I just realized you're either trolling or spreading FUD so you can fuck right off

>The exposure comes when they partner with SWIFT and speak to SIBOS. When swift ADOPTS THEM AND 11000 BANKS START USING SMARTCONTRACTS.

Here is how it will go down:

>biztards buy on rumour that there will be YUGE cooperation announcement via partnership with SWIFT on SIBOS

>NEWS: there won't be any partnership announcement

Buy the rumour, sell the news.

So basically you sell before SIBOS conference, because linkies are retarded and overhype its potential.

Just wish I had this at presale.

still got it at 15 cents. 24, 35 and 44

Hodling strong now I'm balls deep myself

>Partnership with SWIFT.

Anyone can be SWIFT partner, easy to apply.

>tfw only could afford 11k link at 17 cents cuz im a poor unifag

save me a lambo pls user.

Why would SWIFT partner with them and let them speak at SIBOS if they have no plans whatsoever to move forward in any way?

I know you're just trolling now but I'll argue you just for funs sake

Wow you're persistently stupid aren't you, it's like you're trying to be dumb

Is this like the whole DGB/Citigroup partnership? I hear that worked well...

>inb4 the usual "SWIFT made their own chainlink version. them speaking about oracles and smart contracts in their research papers has nothing to do with chainlink, OBVIOUSLY"

Well yes it's obvious that Serg made them their own version. That isn't even up for discussion. Why would they use Link when they have their own node and payment system?

Can't centralized oricals be sued if they fuck up? Wouldn't they be insured or something? I'm balls deep in link and hadn't thought about this.

>implying DGB can be compared to chainlink in any way

hurrr

>Why would SWIFT partner with them and let them speak at SIBOS if they have no plans whatsoever to move forward in any way?

Because it will be just like "oh you know we are exploring all these new opportunities yadda yadda" basically water no content, nothing real

Exactly, retards buy the rumour, cry on news, while smart people dumb before the conference. Seen it too many times by now.

This is how deluded Linkies actually think, the tunnelvision will be the end of you all. I can't wait for all the pink wojacks in here

Exactly. Are these LINKies really that retarded thinking SWIFT and major banks will buy bags from Joe Schmo to work with their smart contracts?

LOL

Swift will make their own shit and oracles and tell LINK to fuck off

So why the fuck are you pumping LINK then? Banks won't buy your magic tokens, baggie.

Mark my words this will be a worse crash than AntShares, and it won't recover.

naturally...these idiots believe that SWIFT saying they made their own chainlink type of blockchain will make their shitty tokens go up LOL

is it FUDING season again?

you will make it

antshares went from .03 in a year to 57 and now we are at 30$ what are you fucking retarded?

We will all hopefully

The truth is I've seen no proof of this "partnership with SWIFT". All I see is a shitload of shilling and speculation on reddit, steemit, and biz.

Just because they participated in some goddamn competition or conference doesn't mean they are the be all end all. We saw the same bullshit with DGB followed by a weeklong plethora of pink wojaks.

Have you even researched before shitposting on Veeky Forums?

smartcontract.com/

YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

>The point of failure should be at the data source, not the Oracle. An Oracle just relays the data, thats the only concern it should have -- not security. A good contract can and should use multiple sources of data, to combat risk of hacking, fraud, etc.
For example, an NFL sports betting contract should check N number of sources to protect against manipulation (NFL.com, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc.). The more sources checked, the more reliable the contract will pay the winner. The point of failure no longer is the centralized Oracle, the point of failure is manipulating the majority of data sources. Instead of attacking ONE source, one has to attack N/2+1 sources. Much more secure.
That's the security established banks and financial institutions REQUIRE to think about using blockchain.
ChainLink gives them that.

Yes, and the most tangible "evidence" I've found is a year old.

swift.com/node/46136

slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/HJglipax9KmMPx

You say this as a meme but its actually true. Sergey and ChainLink have LITERALLY DONE ZERO MARKETING

what?

Look at my other posts I am 100 % serious

MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD YOU'RE FUCKING MONGOLIOID

GO BACK TO WATCHING REALITY TV. THIS IS TOO ADVANCED FOR YOU

This means smart contracts is helping SWIFT make their own blockchain system dum dum, it does not mean world banks will be buying your stupid CHAINLINK BAGS RETARD

"Proof of Concept" is not a working product. And allowing someone to demonstrate something to you does not constitute a "partnership".