Why is this the coat of arms in Russia if the bear is the national animal?

Why is this the coat of arms in Russia if the bear is the national animal?

The bear isn't russian national animal

Russian bear is a western meme. No one actually Russian gives a shit about bears.

The eagle however, is an imperial relic from the Byzantines. Lots of countries in that sphere of influence have it.

The eagle was borrowed from byzantium after russian tsar married their princess

It took me literally 2 seconds to prove you wrong

Phone poster

Bear is not a Russian national animal, that's just a western invention.

Correct

>No one actually Russian gives a shit about bears.
We laugh at the stereotype, if anything.

Why do nordics have lions? There are no lions there? WTF dude!

Diarchia-Byzantine wewuzism from Ivan III when he stabilized Muscovy and asked to be recognised as Emperor (Caesar - Tzar) or similar. Can’t remember and not willing to get to the library now.

Because of Christianity.

Um, yes it is, see my other post

It's a Byzantine coat of arms? I thought it was taken from the HRE.

How many European nations use eagles as their coats of arms?

the use of the double-headed eagle in the medieval Roman Empire actually predates its use in the HRE

>the bear is used to represent russia
Not the same as national animal.

Yeah, I just remembered that Romans have used eagles on their standards for almost forever. No doubt it stuck with the Eastern Roman Empire, and then got co-opted by Charlemagne after he got crowned Roman Emperor.

Exlain this

Russia being portrayed as a bear in a british caricature does not make it their national animal

>The bear isn't russian national animal
Is this autism?

We wuz Rome n shiet

Watch your tongue, cyka!

>Russia's icon is bears
>America's bears are twice as big and powerful as their bears

lmao

It fucking isnt. not officially tho.

John Samuel Pughe (3 June 1870 – 19 April 1909), often credited as J. S. Pughe, was a Welsh-born American political cartoonist

Provide a Russian drawn political cartoon instead

You do realise that Imperial coat of arms contains coat of arms of Novgorod which contains two bears?
Also bear was not russian national animal. It was an anglo stereotype of russians which eventually russians adopted as a meme.

Something something Byzantium/Rome. Literally everyone who LARPs as Roman decedents or imitates them has some memeatic eagle or fasces or imperial wreath shit.
See:
>USA (Along with those autistic fasces in their senate)
>Russia (Le Byzantium meymey)
>Austria (Le HRE meymey along with double headed eagle under Germany)
>Germany (See above and Prussia did the same shit)
>Romania (Coat of Arms is a joke)
and so on.

My question is this, why does Europe have such a hard on for Rome? Like its the most historically significant form of WE WUZ but its retarded.

Sure, user, but the Byzantine eagle specifically predates not just Rome but the Etruscans, being used by the Hittites, Hittitties, whatever