Roommate is fat

>roommate is fat
>hates most vegetables ("i do eat some vegetables" they say while only having cucumbers in the fridge as produce)
>likes "bland foods"
>calls food like thai food "weird" and "crazy"
>not only cannot eat plain greek yogurt, eats sweetened yogurt with extra added agave syrup and then extra chocolate granola on top
>keeps a personal fridge full of binge food in their room like fucking hot pockets or whatever
>drinks herbalife shakes
>refuses to drink milk and uses almond milk unless it's chocolate milk

does anyone have any stories about picky eaters ie either being one formerly or trying to reform one cuz it seems to me a lot of fatties are just people who hate food that isn't drenched in sugar or oil

A trick my parents used to pull was not keep any food until the house until I was really hungry, at which point I'd eat anything. They had no taste buds, fed me things like fruit salad with taco bell hot sauce packets on top and peanut butter mixed into noodles. Wolfed them all down.

>fatty cow-worker (haha get it?)
>says is doing keto and IF
>her diet consists of obscene amounts of whole eggs, bacon and guac
>her concept of IF is just not having breakfast but will happiliy gore herself on pork rinds at 9
>fell for the 'keto automatically burns ALL the fat no matter how much i eat' meme
>refuses to acknowledge that she needs to count her fucking calories
>each of her meals is probly 5+ eggs and a dozen bacon strips.
>doesn't drink water and is 100% positive that diet coke doesn't count as carbs

I gotta give it to her for staying away from bread and sweets, I couldn't make it more than a few days without my oats or my potato&tuna patties.

She's a legit 5'3 revolting hambeast

>"almond milk is so healthy, i'll drink that instead of shitty hormone-filled dairy milk."
>buys sweetened almond milk

I don't think that was a trick to get you to eat a variety of things user, your parents were just poor

I like unsweetened almond milk for my protein shake. It taste better than using water and is like 1/4th of the calories of whole milk.

> Fatty cow-worker.
What did you mean by this?

enjoy your overpriced water with six almonds squeezed in

It's not like they could have just gave me the fruit without the hot sauce or a PB and J sandwich. But the rule was more of a 'no snacks before dinner' thing, not a 'don't have money to feed my child' thing.

Anyway it makes sense. If someone was trapped without food for three days and the first thing offered was a plate of mushy, overcooked broccoli, he'd probably eat it.

Maybe they were just retarded?

fruit salad with hot sauce is based, also I'm afraid your parents couldn't afford food, that's why there wasn't anything...

no, hot sauce on watermelon is gross

>"but user i hate the texture!"

Do you work on a farm with cows?

i work at an """"IT"""" service desk with plenty of cows

Bananas, peaches, mandarin orange, pineapple.
Fruit salad

You fucking watermelon munching nigger

Sam Irwin?

wat

I fucking hate onions.

I like the flavor of them in my food and sometimes I'll eat an onion ring but I fucking hate the feeling and raw flavor of biting into a chunk of onion in my food.

Taste LITERALLY like how armpits smell

I work in """"""IT""""""" with a bunch of whales as well. I kust thought you might be the only guy at my job that isnt a landwhale and looks like he lifts

This is me, except I'm auschwitz mode.

How the fuck do I stop? Am I supposed to force feed myself food that I get the instinct to spit out?

>step 1. be in a deficit for a couple of months so everything becomes edible
>step 2. yes, you stupid baby

Onions are literally the greatest vegetable in the world. There is not a single dish that can not be improved by adding copious amounts of onions in some form to it.

pudding

I am exactly the same about onions , will even put onions in while cooking something to get the flavour and then take them out before eating

I love it how when people put things in quotes now they use like 50 pairs of quotes, I literally lol every time someone does it

As a kid I refused fatty meats. My mom wouldn't let me leave the table until I ate it, and I would refuse to eat it and sit there for hours. Until I was allowed to go to bed. I started hiding pieces under chair cushions, and putting them in my pockets to flush them down the toilet. Those were bad times, man.

Instead of coworker, he said cow worker because she is fat.

I do thanks. 3.50 every few weeks doesn't break the bank.

I hope they beat it out of you.

My older brothers had me convinced that our schools food was rotten poison. I had a mental wall that prevented me from eating most of my food at lunch. I remember I once snuck my hands under the table and threw half a burrito on the floor. What a waste.

Fortunately I only did that for a few weeks I think then my mom started packing me a lunch.

That's what sucks about older siblings, they can manipulate you into believing the most dumbest irrational shit. They also would try to convince me that every thunderstorm would have a tornado that would come kill us, and I'd become terrified. I used to watch the weather channel each day to make sure there weren't going to be any storms.

This guy gets it.

Google has shown me a recipe for sweet onion pudding that I may try one day.

If I don't like something I eat I just swallow it. I think your problem is that you eat all food like a wine taster try wine, swirling it around, identifying all ingredients, etc. Just fucking eat the thing without deeply inhaling the aroma. If you don't breath trough your nose while chewing you can only taste the basic flavors like salt, sweetness, etc. The taste shouldn't have to be an issue.

Get rid of the mentality that the taste should influence your decision whether or not to eat it. If you don't like the taste then don't taste it, just eat it.

>Am I supposed to force feed myself food that I get the instinct to spit out?
Yes, because your instincts are obviously faulty.

>Anglo family life

>>fatty cow-worker
Huh?

but those 6 are all activated

I got the pun user. I'm really disappointed in how fucking stupid everyone else apparently is though

>not making your own almond milk

I use onion powder and onions a lot (meat tastes weird if you don't cook them with onions) but so help me god I'll never actually eat a piece of onion.

It always makes me miserable when I go out to eat, get a salad, and it's covered in raw red onion. There's no way anyone can tell me that tastes good.

I was a bit picky for a long time. I grew out of it when I moved out in my own.

I had a roommate that only ate meat, cheese and the occasional potato.

LITERALLY only meat, cheese and potatoes.

He was also a skellington since he had chemo when he was younger which bonked his metabolism.

I imagined his poops must have been horrific.

>>calls food like thai food "weird" and "crazy"
This is me. Everything I don't know is weird and crazy.

TRY THINGS YOU PUSSY

I'm okay with trying new things as long as they're not too crazy. If it turns out to be tasty, all is good, if it isn't tasty, it will forever be weird and crazy.

stop viewing new food as crazy you child

After workouts, and when i don't have to go hang out with anybody, one of my favorite meals is a smoked herring(or sardine) and onion sandwich. The taste is quite strong, but i enjoy it. I would never ever let someone smell my breath afterwards though.

My younger brother was a fussy eater all his life and my parents never made him try new foods.
Now he is 23 and living off of ready meal yorkshire puddings (containing beef, gravy and potatos), but he only buys them from one place.
He refuses to east carrots, veggies, onions, any fruit (except tomato ketchup or pizza sauce) and you know when you order chinese and you get the tiny green circles? he picks them out of his food.
He will even check the ingredients to see if onion is present in the food, even if you can't taste it or see it, he tells his colleagues that he has an onion allergy, just to avoid eating with them or attending work meals.
All he drinks is milk or hot chocolate, if they are not available he mixes two teaspoons of sugar in with a glass of water.

He got upset the other month about how he had been "deceived" when he discovered that his favourite pizza place made their pizza sauce with onion and nearly started crying because the pizza place refused to refund him for the pizzas he had consumed in the last year (2 a week), all because someone asked how life was treating him.

>and you know when you order chinese and you get the tiny green circles?
...theyre called scallions user

Go to foreign restaurants with positive reviews. Order things that look very neutral (chicken, noodles, rice, potatoes) but have some sauce or seasoning youre not used to. You will probably find you really like the flavors and can use that to springboard towards more complex dishes.

Don't go to a strange restaurant and order stuff you wouldn't normally eat or the whole experience will

>Put a bad taste in your mouth

>Don't go to a strange restaurant and order stuff you wouldn't normally eat or the whole experience will
>>Put a bad taste in your mouth

>not going to a good szechuan place and ordering the tastiest spiciest offal

I call them spring onions.
When I googled the name to check and saw they go by multiple names, I thought I'd be descriptive instead.

Put some garlic on that sheeit, and toast the bread.

Dammit I want one of these now.

I spent almost 5 years in China and I am NOT a fussy eater generally, but some of that stuff like cartilage, blood, and extremely fatty meets is just plain gross.

But I agree if you arent ordering the spice dishes on the menu , then you're a certified pussy.

you should just end him. preferably before he breeds and ends up screwing up some kid

>Szhechuan

Fuck this retarded romanization.

It's Sichuan.

>preferably before he breeds and ends up screwing up some kid
He has never had a girlfriend, he has never showed any interest in women or anyone for that matter.
The one time a woman asked to hang out with him, he asked her if she had Orange Wednesdays code (2 for 1 cinema tickets), when she said no he said "oh never mind then", he was actually proud to share that story.
He doesn't go outside, he doesn't spend money on anything other than his house bills, internet access and food, he spends his spare time playing League of legends.
He claims that he "doesn't have time for women" and he "doesn't want to waste money on a woman who just wants a free meal".
His idea of a holiday is taking a few days off work, playing video games for 18 hours a day and going to the cinema on his own, as far as my family knows he doesn't have any real friends.
My brother probably has the most money out of anyone I know around my age, but only because he is so stingy and jewish about it.

My parents get on at me asking when I'll settle down and have kids, I know it is only because my brother will never do that.

>tfw dont like any green foods

>he mixes two teaspoons of sugar in with a glass of water
holy shit

My mate at uni lived with this girl who apparently only ate canned hot dogs.

Like she would go for a food shop and come back with like 20 cans of them and nothing else.

She didn't look that healthy.

>is 100% positive that diet coke doesn't count as carbs
because it doesn't you mong.

Are you me.

I used to eat a lot of things early on, but at around 6 I demanded buttered noodles every single dinner, and my parents were too busy dealing with my brother, their jobs, my extreme stubbornness, and their looming divorce to deal with it, so basically all I had for dinner for 10 years was spaghetti with butter on it

I got over it when I got more adventurous and my mom married someone who could actually cook

Are you retarded I'm some way? That is such a dumb generalization... So if I gave you asparagus, broccoli, an apple, and some guacamole you wouldn't eat any of them because they're green? Despite them all having different tastes, smells, and textures?

no i wouldn't eat any of them because they're gross user don't be silly

>Green Apples
Red Delicious forever senpai

Picky eaters are always plebeian in their taste in film/music/literature etc.

Had a roommate that only atw bland carbs and meat (sausages/nuggets/well done steak). Shit was pathetic.

>refusing to eat meat/fish that isn't way overcooked
>i dont like it pink :/
WHY SO MANY PEOPLE RAAAGHHH

>come from single mother household
>mother is of Romanian descent
>lots of meat and potatoes
>garlic everywhere

GARLIC IS GOAT

Can't think of anything non sweet that doesn't get better with some
Especially kebab, omelette and steak

Try having garlic sauce at BBQ instead of ketchup

You poor poor thing...

These fuckers know how to eat.
Just had a tilapia, onion and spinach sammich.

I have a roommate like this. His meals are:

>popcorn
>some shitty homemade chicken soup thing with potatoes, chicken and beans
>freezer pizza
>ice cream smoothies

He refuses to eat anything that he doesn't know or like. At big parties or gatherings he'll have a plate with meat and potatoes on it and nothing else. I don't understand how these kinds of people survive.

Red delicious = red disgusting ewwie
Seriously, if you keep the skin on it tastes like you're eating a sour wrapper filled with sweet sand.

Hahahahahahaha you fucking madman.

Had a nephew (not ) who would only eat hot dogs, buttered noodles, and doritos. Only. He's enormously fat, a virgin at 18, literally autistic, and his mother is a fatass weirdo foreveralone who calls him "fud" or "fuddykins" publicly and talks with a forced texas accent when she's from the east coast and has never been to texas. She also talks publicly about his penis and lack of sex life and offered to buy him a prostitute, during his birthday party with all the family there, and my mom was horrified. He also has no friends and plays 3ds all day, and reads those shitty fantasy novels that all sound the same. His face is so fat the cheeks push up and he looks like a literal pig.

FUCK YES. I had something from some place in chinatown that looked just like that and it was the best thing I've ever eaten. I fucking love pho too, I will annihilate a bowl of pho. Asians cook so damn good. I wish my city was 30% asian instead of 30% hispanic, so instead of shitty tacos and burritos everywhere I could have dirt cheap pho and motherfucking pad thai and tempura and spicy beef that has red peppers piled on that shit.

>this much shit taste

No, it's fine, I don't want you eating my good apples and raising the price. God damn I'd rather starve than eat red "delicious" apples. They taste like mushy nothing.

I'm the same with onions and also any green pepper. The actual taste of the flesh is bitter as shit and disgusting but I like the flavor. Onion flesh are good after cooking, but green peppers retain the disgusting flavor of the flesh.

If I fry a bunch of green peppers in oil then fry potatoes in that oil, I can enjoy the green peppers flavor. But biting in to the green pepper is gross.

A co-worker has the shittiest diet ever and her attitude matches how she eats. She's pretty thin, but at 32 looks like her face is falling off.

>Comes to work with a 32oz coffee from Speedway (shitty gas station coffee) every morning
>Starts her work day drinking half of an "extra strength 5-hour energy" shot
>For lunch she usually eats fast food or a pasta dish because "iz Italian" with soda or more coffee
>Afternoon, finishes the 5-hour energy. I've also seen her have 2 in a day, wtf
>Hates vegetables. I've never seen her eat one before. Takes anything 'green' off of her sandwiches.
>Hates nuts and seeds. Never seen her eat fruit either.
>Over 3 years of working with her, I notice she barely uses the bathroom, especially for the amount of coffee she drinks
>I think her kidneys are shutting down slowly
>Chain smokes

It's a robot pretending to be human

>>step 1. be in a deficit for a couple of months so everything becomes edible
boyo you act like cutting is hard. its bulking that difficult, cause you have to forcefeed yourself.

Your brother sounds like a typical Veeky Forumsizen to be honest.

>tfw parents always kept the fridge and pantry stocked with cake and snack foods

My father is the same way, he has extremely sensitive tastebuds, and could detect things in food. Green pepper had an amazing bitterness he couldn't stand. Also broccoli too.

He ends up cooking most of the vegetable dishes in my family. I didn't get to eat brussel sprouts or green pepper until I moved out.