Tell me about your friends who want to get fit

Tell me about your friends who want to get fit.

>friend A is a DYEL who spends all day admiring other people's physiques
>watches body builders and believes "overtraining is bullshit"
>believes he knows more about gym stuff than me despite the fact that all he does is curl for a 2 weeks and quits

>friend B is kinda fat with a huge ego and believes in a lot of meme myths
>refuses to eat carbs because he thinks he will lose weight that way instead of counting calories in
>hasn't made any progress since he began his "diet"
>does deadlifts with dumbbells despite a bar being available
>thought deadlifts were purely upperbody

Kinda waiting to go to the gym with them one day so I can show them up with the knowledge Veeky Forums has given me.

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/best-diet-quality-counts/
youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
youtube.com/watch?v=NHopJHSlVo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's what will happen when you attempt to truth them:
>it's all about calories in and out bro
>Friend B
>"Exactly! One curl means about 2 1/2 donuts, right?"
>No that's actually not what I meant at-
>"Yeah! Also I hear that it's really good to get your protein in right after a work out, that's why I'm going to sign up for Planet Fitness! One less meal I pay for!"
>Friend A
>"Well, user, I think I'm just gonna hook up with a dad bod hunk and let him have at me and I pretend his muscles are my own."

>sitting on the bus
>DYEL guy who I don't really consider a close friend is getting shit in our social circle
>asks me to take him to the gym and help him get big
>make him do a begginer routine
>he does the lifts but doesn't eat anything
>complains about no progress
>asks our fuckboi soccer player friend on the bus the samething
>he starts taking creatine without drinking enough water and goes on a PPL
>no results as usual

Its like people think getting big easy

Why you shittalking your friends, bro?

You're an idiot. It's evident that he wants to help them but they retain backwards mindsets

"I don't want to get all bulky"
-normies

Kek.
"I don't want to study too much I'm afraid I'll get a doctorate"

Hearty chuckle

So don't help them? People who can't accept the faults of their friends really piss me off. Why? Because they are HIS friends. Get different friends then retard.

>friend used to do wrestling in highschool
>heaviest on team at 280
>since highschool he hasnt kept working out
>me and friends talk to him about making changes
>says he wants to get fit
>when it comes to cardio I can tell hes not into it
>wont change his diet on his own

How do i help him guys, i feel like hes past 350 by now and i can tell he doesnt enjoy it

>work friend
>21 or 22 years old
> 5'9''-ish, 250lb -ish
>overweight as fuck, stretch marks all over, constantly greasy
>goes on a different diet every week
>talks about wanting to get in shape and eat healthy simultaneously eating chips and drinking soda
>he knows I lift
>every time we talk about exercise or working out he says
>man I really want to start working out
>never does

why are fat people all like this. They talk about wanting to eat healthy, and wanting to workout but never just fucking do it already.

fuck it's annoying when people talking about shit like that then never follow through.

Awesome logic man. Throw away years of friendship over a tiny disagreement

Pretty much identical situation here, right down to the wrestling. The body odor is just plain repulsive, many of my friends have tried to get him to lose weight but he just isn't interested.

>childhood friend since 4th grade
>reconnect in college after going to different middle/high schools
>decide to work out and "make it"
>he picks up weed and gets lazy as shit, gets fat over past 3 years
>stops coming with me to gym after month 2
>I continue lifting and now he keeps wanting to come but he's really a gains goblin because he's always eating shit after any workout

Never smoke weed brehs.

He's too nervous to take the plunge on your own and he wants you to offer to take him with you. Is it so hard to read into social queues you fucking autist?

>refuses to eat carbs because he thinks he will lose weight that way instead of counting calories in

But he's right: hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/best-diet-quality-counts/

your physique should be enough to "show them up with knowledge". if you actually looked decent, they'd listen to your advice, yet they're doing stupid broscience bullshit because they don't find you credible cause you probably look just as shitty as them. GG

>friend A 6' 155lbs
>complains about how thin he is and how he's eating as much as he wants and doesn't gain any muscle despite his bodyweight routine (currently too poor for the gym)
>tells me about his daily intake and I tell him it's most likely less or equal to 2000kcal and he can't gain lose or gain weight with that
>"No, I'm telling you I eat so much, that Iiterally can't eat anymore"
>Suggest GOMAD, since it's drinking
>Tries it with whole milk, barely able to gets a liter in during the day and has horrible dirreah
>Tell him it's cause he doesn't eat enough calories and more importantly carbs
>brushes me off and says he eats plenty
Fucking skeletors without appetite man, I swear

>friend B (female)
>"I just wanna lose 6 pounds and but I'd still like to eat chocolate"
>Tell her about IIFYM and using myfitnesspal to track macros
>"This is way too hard. Do I really have to read all the labels and scan or type in everything I eat"
>Tell her almost an hour about different diets like keto or going only health food like scooby, macros and how she could incorperate it into her diet and that she shouldn't just do a fad diet instead try to find something she can keep to
>lastly try to suggest calorie control using just her hand to measure food
>she actually thinks it's a good idea and tries it out
>2 days later
>"Oh, user it was horrible, I was hungry all the time, so I just stopped. I have to find something else."
>Never gave her any advice since

Why do normies have no discipline?

only have 3 friends who want to get fit.

>friend A: does powerlifting with me, does a bit more bodybuilding stuff than I do, but still a complete bro

>friend B: just goes to the gym to use cardio machines, pays 200 a week for a PT who probably makes him do gay stuff with dumbells, he's rich and not that interested in fitness

>Friend C: my brother: wants to lose fat and gain at the same time, is basically just doing the first. does meme cardio work outs, lifts weights but in meme ways like only using dumbells, eats loads of vegetables because he thinks it will give him gains. try to convert him to doing like proper strength training but always tell me about how his bodybuilder friends look better than me so he'd rather follow their advice because i'm probably doing it wrong

>look better than me so he'd rather follow their advice because i'm probably doing it wrong
Ouch, but it's kind of your fault too. No one wants to look like a powerlifter, they want to be lean and ripped.

I don't have any friends.

meh
>be with one of aforesaid friends
>talk to him about gym
>ask him what his routine is
>he literally says 'i recommend going on a cycle, why only do 100% when you can do 120%'

for me being able to pick up a heavy weight is more satisfying than vanity projects

>all friends
>unfit
>don't lift
>there's more to them but the main thing is that none of them lift so they're all un/fit/related so can't post much about them

A lot of people can actually lose weight just by cutting carbs. Protein and fat are more filling per calorie, so even just eating with their appetite, they eat fewer overall calories.

Here's my greentext though:
>Friends A-Z
>wants to get fit
>goes to gym with me from one to three times
>stops going
>occasionally says "I should start hitting the gym again" (usually right after I power snatch our group cooler over my head and jog from the parking lot to the beach with it that way)

>Its like people think getting big easy
But it is? Just lift big and eat big and rest big and you'll get big? What eh fuck how can people fail such easy things

youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

>Homeboy since highschool is a genuinely good dude that wants to do good
>He's been training for a year to pass his physical tests for police departments
>He's fat as fuck due to spic genes that can't into metabolizing sugar past age 14
>Got his mile and a half in 18 minutes last week
>Needs to be under 12
>He's testing again tomorrow at another department
>He made a 2 day trip to another state just to take it
>Don't know how to tell him he's not gonna make it brah

Wat do ;-;

Friend who took mass gainer for about 3 years straight with no diet whatsoever just kept lifting, gained sizable amount of muscle and fat, but nowhere near the amount he shouldve gained if he lifted and dieted properly.
His routine is the broiest of bro splits... This includes a bicep day (2 hours of curls)
is currently 'cutting' but hasn't changed his routine whatsoever and has fallen for the Cardio kills gains meme
...cool guy though

>friends
I have none.

>Cardio kills gains
1. Some truth to it, especially while cutting
2. Cardio isn't better for muscle preservation than a calorie deficit with good macros and micros

but judging by the fat that he's the kind of person who has a "biceps-day" and probably skips legs on a regular, his diet is probably shit.

I'll go ahead and ask: Friends?

>Best friend is a SJW hamplanet with neon red hair (yes, srsly, and she's a nice person)
>Wants to lose weight and starts eating healthy
>Eating healthy means starts eating nuts for snacks
>"I'm not losing weight because I'm not eating enough healthy fats"
>"I don't eat a lot. I think I actually don't eat enough"
>adds 200 gr nuts to her diet
>1300 calories extra each day
>Gains weight
and yes, she blames genetics.

With all due respect, I can't imagine her to be an nice person.

I was thinking the same thing

I heard taking bcaa's during Cardio helps prevent muscle loss, is there any truth to that?

I smoke weed and I'm not lazy piece of shit, your friend was a twat before smoking weed, and weed only made it more prominent.

I think he's just fallen for a lot of the fitness memes, kinda sad to watch cause he's too stubborn to take my advice

Anything that stops your body from releasing too much cortisol and going catabolic will stop muscle loss.

Friend A
>complete skeleton, insecure about not having muscles
>rich as fuck
>"but user, what good is lifting if i can't eat properly?"

Friend B
>still underage and his parents don't give him money
>tries his best to keep fit, does pushups and skips rope and all that shit
>can't afford a gym membership and doesn't eat enough so he can't get gains

Friend C
>started going to the gym before me, noticeably bigger than me
>his brother died in a car crash a few months ago
>this hit friend C really hard
>we lift often but he's a sad cunt now :(

She is. Very hugbox and including.

>Friend who doesn't lift or do any sports
>8-pack, FRAME, insane metabolism

He sometimes lifts for a couple of months in a row but just refuses to eat enough to gain any mass.

Because they always look for a damn shortcut

Junkies always trying to defend the weed

Ha

Because they know they'll quit. They just like to dream, not do.
I have a friend who FINALLY went with me. Lasted maybe 2 weeks then he stopped/found excuses
>im tired
As if people who workout NEVER get tired from having a day of work etc.
Now he's out of town and probably using that as an excuse.

>none of my friend are into really into fitness
>the ones that do actuall ylift are complete dyels who have been lifting longer than me and yet I've still surpassed them in strength and size
>those same ones know only the most normie thing about fitness like "just eat chicken and rice bro!", "gotta lift hard man", "I cut and bulk every month or so", and they do 5 day bodypart brosplits
>literally no one I can really talk to about fitness
>so I always start up convos with ransoms at the gym cause I just want to talk about this hobby I'm so interested in
>they probably think I'm that weird motherfucker who works out alone all the time and always tries to talk to people
>I just want some Veeky Forums friends ;.;

Literally just a middle school bro, hes kinda swole due to having a bodyweight routine and wants to be aesthetic but he keeps eating like shit thanks to his chubby gains goblin gf who was in middle school with us too. He has talked about breaking up with her and i really hope he does so we can go clubbing with the girls from his uni and getting mad gains his mom & sis are attractive tho.

Other than that, my mates from high school who cancelled their gym sub not sure if because laziness or couldnt afford it no longer. Im eager to take them back to it as they mire me all the time but they cant quit playing vidya.

>implying you can't play vidya and lift

I never quit vidya and still lift according to my program without missing any days and track my macros, water consumption, etc.

It's not like vidya is a life-destroying hobby. To some people it is, but f you're not a retarded motherfucker who doesn't know how to manage his time, then it's fine.

For example, this summer I'm doing paid research at uni, lifting 4x per week with solid progress, getting good sleep, and I've been playing through all the kingdom hearts games plus others such as Final Fantasy V and Bravely Second.

>inb4 vidya past age 20 is for manchildren
It's literally a hobby bro

>take younger cousin to gym
>go on a PPL
>has fatceps
>flexes them wherever he walks
>literally only cares about chest and arms
>ask him why he doesn't do legs
>"not important, girls only care about upper body"
>he'll never make it

>best friend
>wants to be a navy seal copypasta
>is currently mr.bones
>offer to train him
>give him nutritional advice
>shows up twice
>every time thereafter he has an excuse
Sorry brother, you're never gonna make it, I wish you'd prove me wrong. You think you have plenty of time but you're 20 man, it's getting a bit late

>deadlifts with dumbbells

friend B just need to kill himself now and save nature the trouble

>friend has been "lifting" for like 6 years, it's just barely noticeable
>i've been lifting for 1.5 years, already our friends have said I'm bigger and more muscular
>go to gym with this friend, he's a little stronger than me (as he should be) but lifts considerably heavier than he can manage
>does half reps, shitty ROM
>once summer comes around I started to lower my calorie intake so my gains are more visible
>he calls me skinny, while he has obvious love handles and chest fat
>says things like "i'm trying to avoid salt"
>can always sense a slight air of smugness/superiority from him

sigh...

What the fuck is PPL?

lel

this, it is fucking easy. not saying I look perfect but having a decent physique and eventually reaching 1/2/3/4 isnt hard. basically just train hard 3-4 times a week with a good program and eat ok-ish and you are good.

push pull legs

just become better than him man.

get him into weight training, cardio sucks hard if you are a fatty. just go to the gym with him and tell him to cut out soda and sweets for 2-3 months. after that he should've made great progress just by doing those 2 simple things and should be motivated to keep going.

you dont need a masterplan you just need him to start in a way that is realistic for him, he is not gonna go from stuffing his face with a bag of chips a day to only eating lean chicken and rice that is not gonna happen. also if he doesnt like cardio dont make him do it, find other things he enjoys hell go catching pokemon with him if that gets him off his ass. although weighttraining would be the best obviously any kind of activity is good.

Well, sort of. Certain kinds of food CAN affect your TDEE. But that still doesn't change the fact that you have a TDEE, and eating below it will cause you to lose weight.

It's not that CICO is wrong. It literally CAN'T work any other way. It's just that there's more that goes into the "CO" part of CICO than people think.

i can't talk to normies about nutrition it makes me want to ragequit their lives

Trying way too hard, user.

I keked

People who smoke weed are the last people who should smoke weed. Myself I'll tag along once in a while if I am invited, but I've smoked perhaps 5 times the last 2 years, as opposed to my "weed-is-totally-not-an-issue-for-me" bro who has smoked 5 times the last 2 weeks.

Friend I lift with almost every day
>he eats shit
>pretty much is mostly fat, barely strong
>one day he's asking me for good exercises to get rid of his belly and love handles
>jokingly say "Caloric deficit"
>laughs thinking that he can actually lose fat in places that he focuses exercise on
>he eats like shit everyday and claims he is always in a deficit
>his lunch alone everyday is 800 calories easy
>I keep increasing weight and looking better, he doesn't
>I feel kinda bad for him but also don't cause he doesn't give a shit

>their lives

i smoke every day to help increase my skelly appetite

no issues so far 6 months in

if he'd drank 5 times in two weeks most% of people wouldn't condescend that he's got a problem. why is it different? (inb4 I'm a waster - haven't smoked since last year)

I smoke every day and I guarantee I'm bigger and stronger than you. It just depends on the person. If they're a lazy piece of shit before they smoke then they'll be one while they smoke too. Also I used to be skelly and it helps with my appetite a lot.

Just tell him to diet, it's a day to day thing and once you start you won't want to quit. It's so fucking satisfying.

wait. so he has no real routine and says his routine is juice?

Audible chuckle

Bro he's gotta cut weight. A lot. He needs to aim to cut time off his run every time he runs. So next time 17:50, then 17:40, etc. eventually he can start cutting by the minutes, 15 to 14. Heavy squats and heavy dieting, he could totally do it. He should also see a chiropractor, if he's been overweight since a young age he is garaunteed to have certain back problems unless he's held perfect posture his whole life. Make cardio fun for each other to. Basketball, frisbee, runs in the woods. Shit like that.

Sit her down with a piece of paper, step by step. Then step by step what will happen if she doesn't get down to a manageable weight of like 200 at least. She should also see a chiropractor, female body has way less muscle to hold weight like that than men.

>female aqquaintance asks me about getting fit
>tell her how to get into basic nutrition and exercise
>"Okay well I'm going to eat less than 1000 calories a day"
>wut
>tells me she has an eating disorder and I triggered it
>now texts me every few hours telling me about how little she's eating

Jesus Christ

ex-alcoholic friend of mine
>constantly messages me with dietary questions
>can I eat almonds
>can I eat canned tuna
>can I eat this that and the other thing
>can I eat honey
>are granola bars good
>stubbornly refuses to get a gym membership
>eats at maintenance, I guess

blech

>start up convos with ransoms

worriedlaughter.png

>can I eat almonds?
only if they are activated

>Not threatening to kill people's pets if they don't let you work in

>friend is former armyfag
>builtfat at his best
>getting fatter since he left cause he still drinks like its nobody's business but doesn't exercise nearly as much
>refuses all offers to run or go to the gym with me
>refuses all offers to eat better
>still feels compelled to give advice on diet and exercise every once in a while after he's gone for a jog or done some push ups
>still makes fun of fat people like he's not one of them

Overtraining is a meme
People use it as an excuse to not try as hard

>why are fat people all like this. They talk about wanting to eat healthy, and wanting to workout but never just fucking do it already.
great ted talk on this:
youtube.com/watch?v=NHopJHSlVo4

tl;dr: when he tells people he wants to start working out, people compliment him and his brain gets the release of chemicals that makes him feel as if he's already accomplished the task.

How dare you

Women are literally a meme

>being this autistic about venting over your friends

Wait is there anything wrong with nuts for snacks? I keep some almonds on me for a snack most of the time. Eat good otherwise tho.

Not, but you have to activate them ALL THE TIME

>have friend who has been wanting to get Veeky Forums for years
>he talks about it all the fucking time
>thinks he will get girls (nm that he doesn't have a job, at 30, even though he's well educated)
>won't lift heavy or with good form because learning things is work, and lifting heavy is "dangerous"
>deadlifts 95 lbs incorrectly, squats just the bar
>wants to get lean, but is too lazy to count calories, but thinks eating no carbs will make him ripped
>wont squat low because it might hurt knees, but will run all the time
>thinks jogging on a treadmill a few times a week will get him lean

Dude is lazy about everything. IDK what to tell him since he's incorrigible. I mean the dude complains about his life, but doesn't want to put effort into making it better. No gf, parents that support him, and control what he can and can't do, chubby, and plays ps4 all day. Yet he wants a hot young gf, and a family one day.

He even acted like I didn't know what I was doing because I ate some chick fil a. Yeah after a long day of work, then going to the gym. I'm pretty sure the 100 calories in the bun will be ok.

also:

>won't stretch, yet thinks I'm crazy for squatting 185 lbs
>won't run outside (by the river, right down the road, which is nice, and pretty, with a breeze) because afraid impact is too hard
>thinks anyone who has any muscle definition is on roids, unless they're total skelly mode which he considers "ripped", apparently Schindler's List was a weightlifting documentary

Running on a treadmill is shit.

>Whippedbrah
Amazing man, one of my best friends. Good genetics, has fucked up rotator cuff but compensates through perfect balance and motor skill from MMA and Karate since he was a kid
HOWEVER
No self control
Light ADHD so he never sticks to a program
LITERARY changes program after a month
>have stopped caring, bro is happy, has gf, and is a charming fuck, he doesnt need to be Veeky Forums

>Artistbrah
Biggest womanizer i know, has told me he will get me laid since im the literal meme of THICC, Stronk,kind and socially awkward guy
Has done Kung Fu forever, wants go get a bit bigger since he is skinny af due to kung fu
Is poorfag so he can afford gym membership atm, he has potential though. Good genes and follows my advice on technique and reps

>>does deadlifts with dumbbells

What? Is that even possible? I'm trying to imagine the mechanics of it and it just sounds so awkward.

Is it dangerous to do them or something?