Hey fit today I'm going vegan any tips on how not to give in and eat meat. Also any simple recipes would be great...

Hey fit today I'm going vegan any tips on how not to give in and eat meat. Also any simple recipes would be great. Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/lab-grown-meat-is-in-your-future-and-it-may-be-healthier-than-the-real-stuff/2016/05/02/aa893f34-e630-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The best way to avoid meat is stop sucking cock OP

Nice dubs and also bump

Bump

Bump

how to not give in? dont be weak. google recipes

1 x F eating meat retard

watch vegangainz on youtube bro, best tips out there on being vegan

Easy, dont listen to what your body tells you. Slowly die while telling meat-eaters that theyre unhealthy. Turn green and sperg out on youtube.

For a low calorie snack while on the move, buy a tank of helium and open it in your car with the doors shut and windows up. Helium is completely vegan.

If you want to eat meat why would you stop?

The taste of meat is good, the means by which we obtain it is not. Guess some people just have a good sense of ethics huh?

dat soapbox

Aka feel worthless so they find an easy way to feel superior.

for me when I was transitioning I would keep seeing images in my head of slaughterhouses and feeling tremendous guilt when I would eat meat - this was what helped me not give in.
Even if you give in sometimes though that's fine - everyone's journey is different and you are going in the right direction regardless

for a simple recipe my go to is just a bowl of rice cooked with whatever vegetables you want and add beans. I like to add guac to it but there are other things you can add to make it less dry

pasta is another simple thing, and learn how to cook tofu and make smoothies too. It's all about experimenting with different foods and finding what you like - good luck!

Unless you're religious there is literally no reasonable justification to extend to human morality to animals.

My fee fees = ethics.

shit, this user doesn't empathize with animal suffering. I guess that means we can't :/

thanks man you really opened my eyes

I have been vegan for about half a year now, you get used to it very quickly.

I dont miss eating meat, sure meat is very tasty but ive supplemented it with other tasty things.

Within a few weeks you'll be used to it OP.

Also dont forget to supplement B12

And offcoarse ignore all these meat posters who for some reason feel the need to defend their diet.

The reason I stopped eating meat was becaude of the enviromment, I could care less about babby cows being killed.

Also why do non vegans always feel the need to come into these threads and spout their meat eating opinions?

Are you insecure about your dietary choices?

Just let us eat what we want and well let you eat what you want.

Semen is not vegan OP.

"empathize" means "your feelings"
Morality is the system by which humans agree not to harm one another in order to increase the prosperity of the whole society and thus the prosperity of it's constituent individuals. Empathy is the evolutionary mechanic by which your biology enforces this without you having to be sharp enough to figure it out yourself.

You know why people feel empathy for pets like dogs? It's not because a dog suffering is an inherently bad thing as ordained on high by the universe itself, it's because a dog is a domesticated animal more valuable to humans comfortable and alive than dead.

You know why you feel empathy for cows? Because you've either never been up close to one enough to realize their fucking bread dead, you're hindu, or you have a defective sense of empathy where you extrapolate the reasonable sense of empathy for domesticated pets onto all life due to a lack of consistent exposure to animals other than vermin and pets.

Basically you're an emotional retard.

>Also why do non vegans always feel the need to come into these threads and spout their meat eating opinions?

its all good, without them you wouldn't have been bumped enough to be noticed by vegan people

This is the only argument I can see convincing a rational person.
If you want to be a vegan because you believe that it's a worthwhile trade for the x acres of land that won't be pastured because of the minute shift in demand due to your dietary choice for not eating animal products than do fucking for it, if you're doing it because of some moral reason you're retarded.
And if you ever present a contradictory opinion in an area where it's a mixed bad of people and expect not to start an argument you're autistic.

>The reason I stopped eating meat was becaude of the enviromment, I could care less about babby cows being killed.

You never stopped eating meat, you moron.

I am a vegan for 12 years and I can tell by your posts you're just a desperate kid looking for validation.

>how do I not give in? ;___;

Meat isn't some taboo forbidden desire you have to keep at bay. If you want meat that much, just eat the fucking meat.

>I'M A VEGANER VEGAN THAN YOUUUU

This is why people hate you

kys

so basically, in order for your diet to be ethical,

1. people who eat dogs have subhuman ethics (have you heard of the Yulin Dog Meat Festival? A couple of weeks ago an annual festival was held in China in which the consumption of dogs was celebrated - but yeah, our value of of "domesticated" animals is completely biological... sure)
2. Cows are "fucking bread dead" (since when did we care about intelligence when deciding which animals' suffering matters? pigs are more intelligent than dogs.. does that mean you personally avoid pork, bacon, and hot dogs?)
3. the average, healthy human should be able to witness the practices of a slaughterhouse without feeling any negative emotions. Have you been able to sit through Earthlings?

just wait til the price of vegan meat comes down more
washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/lab-grown-meat-is-in-your-future-and-it-may-be-healthier-than-the-real-stuff/2016/05/02/aa893f34-e630-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html

if the govt allows it to

You either need dosh or you need to learn how to cook.

Beans and rice, lentils, green split peas, all of which have sufficient protein - green peas being one of the best at 10 grams of protein per 100 calories.

Seitan is probably your best bet when it comes to filling out the rest of your protein quota - though I've never made the stuff it seems simple enough.

>Also dont forget to supplement B12

Hmmm... I wonder why you'd need this.

1.no, eating a dog is only unethical if it's a pet dog, if your country raises them for food there is nothing wrong with eating them
2.Cows are literally walking shit factories barely able to register whats going on around them, if you ever wander a pasture for a while you'll loose all sense of respect for them.
3.Any average human who hasn't been coddled away from the way life works by civilization should only feel disgust at the possible lack of hygiene in a slaughterhouse, not empathy for the animals.

You were just latching onto peripheral points so let me strip the point down

1.morality is a utilitarian function developed to get humans to act against individual interest for societal interest, it's reinforced by empathy as without emotional backing most people would simply do what benefits them directly.
2.suffering has no inherent desirability or distastefulness, it is merely an animal's response to something that it perceives as not benefiting it.
3.therefor when human empathy doesn't serve to benefit humans in your tribe/nation/group it is a defective emotional response, almost certainly caused by the fact that human evolution didn't evolve humans for civilized life. Most vegan/vegetarians ,having never been exposed to non pet domesticated animals before they developed this mind set or at all, form an empathetic disposition towards the thing in their mind tagged "animal" while living in civilization, without realizing that they haven't actually been exposed to the animals for which empathy is not beneficial .
Basically civilization shields you from most "better for humans dead" animals so your brain fucks up and extends empathy to the whole animal kingdom.

You're making a comical attempt to discount another person's ethics (which are, by definition, subjective). Because I personally view the mass slaughter (rape and torture) of animals of morally wrong, and I am not religious, then I am defective. You make a lot of baseless claims to get to this point; morality is not just a way of getting an advantage in the world. ethics are not mandated by group interest (if genuinely guided by empathy). Just because we are no longer savages who kill and eat our own food doesn't mean that a person who feels disgust at the practices of a slaughterhouse is defective. It means they have empathy for the non-human animals that they see needlessly put through hell for their entire lives just for human consumption. Obviously you have your own conceptions of right and wrong - (right = what the group is doing, wrong = what it's not doing) - and it's not like I'm here to convince you that your wrong to have that. It's pretty clear that you're just here to start an argument yet I do not think you really have the necessary view of reality as a foundation for it. It is for that reason, and the fact that it is past 3 am, that I leave you now

Read this then proceed to an hero

"this thing is subjective" is not justification for believing whatever you want, what conclusions you reach are based on subjective value judgments true, but you still have to present the reasoning.

Basically your post is just a shitty attempt at dismisal because you have no countretpoint.

>you're not able to argue ethics because subjectivity exists, and because subjectivity exists my conception of ethics based entirely on rudimentary emotion is just as valid as ethics based on the evolutionary application of morality
>I disagree with you because I do, no I have to reasoning to back up why the suffering of animals matters other than my feelings.
>blatant misrepresentation of opponent

Gas yourself

vegans BTFO

How do people struggle to not eat meat? I stopped eating it when I was like 14/15 and never looked back. Just exercise some fucking self-control. You won't die if you don't have some chemical-laden animal corpse in your mouth, you fucking cuck.

>rape

You clearly possess the intelligence of your average 3 year old, please euthanize yourselves.

Lol you are an retard veganism is more than not eating meat. No dairy. No eggs. No fun. No more leather ass chaps. No more bovine hoof glue. No nothing. Not your gfs fishy vagina not your bfs salty anus. Nothings at all.

Don't listen to retarded meat eaters and just focus on being a better person and living longer.