Why aren't you rock climbing?

Why aren't you rock climbing?

-Amazing NEPA
-Forearm Gains
-Fun
-Hot girls everywhere

Please explain NEPA. The definition if you will.

Non Exercise Physical Activity.

So like walking. It's not going to tire out your CNS but you will still burn calories.

Just general physical activity where you're not exerting yourself or "working out"

Because I'm too broke for that shit.

My local gym closed down and the closest place to do real climbing is 2 hours away.

This is the only fair reason to not be rock climbing.

>-Forearm Gains
proof that OP has never rock climbed before

kek

Forearm gains doesn't strictly mean size.

Your forearms will get stronger for sure.

I was climbing a month ago. Congested two of my fingers. Still fucking hurts when I deadlift.

I've been climbing for two years. I pretty much only boulder, but I'll do rope stuff about once a month

>-Hot girls everywhere
this is not an exaggeration, rock climbing gyms are literally crawling with the hottest fucking girls

I kind of lost interest with rock climbing after going 5 or so times. It's fun, but I lack the motivation to keep going.
Can confirm hot chicks everywhere though. They're normally petite too, fuar.

There's not a single fucking woman in your pic so I'm doubting the last line
Also because i'm too fat and weak right now, once i'm closer to 180 5'10" and have 3 or 4 months lifting I plan to.

I'm lazy bud.

It's so true. But i think most of the guys that climb are also good looking. No homo. I guess it is because you cant really do it well if you are a fatass so most of them are skinny. Also it's kind of expensive so keeps the poor fags out maybe.

Because I used to. Often. 4x a week. 5.12 climber...and one day a rope failed on me and I fell 35 feet...straight down. Shattered heel, fractured right arm, internal bleeding. Cant go back...

I used to climb at a rock gym. There was this one guy who had a prosthetic leg. He'd take it off and climb with only his hands. FREAKING CRAZY

>$100/month
no ty

Girls crossbred with geckos..
One chick I saw would go up bouldering overhangs and back down inverted like it was nothing.

sure if when shes on her period you're in the mood for a sandpaper handie

Because I'm not a normie.

Because I diarrhea'd from the top of the wall last time I went and don't want to go back

>Hot girls everywhere

if you actually believe this you mos def fall into the "low-test beta" category.

You are telling me you don't want these hands on your dick?

I'm poor.
I dont know how to get into it, I have no friends into it or any local centres.
I have a fear of heights.

I still want to try. Please give suggestions and keep the thread alive, it's 3:30am and I need sleep, but I will get back to this thread. Advice from climbers appreciated.

is... is that a grill?

Yeah its from some youtube video that i screenshotted a year or so ago. Forgot her name but it was definitely a grill.

>I'm poor.
>I dont know how to get into it, I have no friends into it or any local centres.
the rock gym by my house offers beginner lessons for cheap (i think like $20 for a whole day + the lessons). it's a great way to meet others who also want to learn while also not being intimidated by advanced climbers.

>I have a fear of heights.
it's a good place to start getting over the fear, or at least being comfortable with it. the first time i bouldered and reached the top, i was too scared to jump so i had to climb all the way back down.

This is true. I think they mostly go with their bfs though, so few are single. I don't think many girls go rock climbing on their own or with only their female friends
Last time I went I was with my gf and I doubt she would've gone with anyone else

Story time?

Because I don't want tendonitis.

thanks user, i was almost rused into thinking this looks fun.

Unless you are climbing v0s, you are most certainly going to burn out your cns and exert yourself heavily...

Thought it was a fart.

Let a little bit out while near the upper part of the wall. Nobody was around, so why not.

Little bit of diarrhea came out. I tried to moved over laterally so that I wouldn't be right above the poop. I scurried down, trying to go as leftwards as possible.

I got down, took off my gear, left immediately.

I know they saw it later. I'm afraid to go back. What if they check the footage and see it was me who did it?

I don't want to be that diarrhea guy.

>tfw lift 3x/week
>climb 2x/week
>elbows started to light up when I climb
>no idea if my joints were sore from dehydration or tendinitis

further proof that Veeky Forums doesn't even climb

better looking cardio bunnies at a gym than girls at a climbing gym

I boulder occasionally, but it's so fucking expensive. 60 bucks a month on top of my gym membership, or 20 bucks a day...

So, it does make sense to have a monthly membership, but I can't tell my wallet that 100 bucks a month to work out is worth it.

Also, it's full of lesbians and hippies. Not that I'm actually going to complain about it, but it's not for everyone.

that's 100% bullshit

That's hilarious

So, I am a male boulderer. V12+. Here is some insight:

For those looking to go to a gym to pick up a girl, especially a rock climber, it wont happen. There is no girl who is dedicated to climbing that will date someone who climbs softer than they do. This is a common discussion among women, heard personally, and via girls I have dated. Typically they only date climbers. Gyms get....rather polluted sadly, as people only date amongst themselves in the community.

As a male climber though, if you boulder hard, you can expect to impress the college girls coming in not knowing what the fuck they are doing. It's also a great date place. If you are female, and climb hard, you gain 2 points to your total out of 10.

No fucking gyms nearby
There was one l went to and they closed, closest rock climbing area is a park 30 miles from home

what crag is it?

Scared of heights bruh

I would but the nearest one is like 30 minutes away and expensive as fuck. My regular gym has a treadwall that I hop on sometimes but all the routes are too easy.

>crag
Wut?

This. I'll let snakes and spiders crawl on me but I won't ride a fucking rollercoaster.

If you go to uni, there may be an indoor rock climbing club. If not then fyl.

I belonged to a gym once that had pic related. That shit was fun.

whats the name of the park, or rock climbing area (called a crag in the lingo)

Chandler park

That looks rad as hell

Stop being poor

Meh, sorry, not familiar with that area. I'm from the southeast.

Sasha DiGiulian

eh.
I'm already spending like 8 hours a week at the gym.
If I'm going to do spend additional time, I might as well do something that will measurably improve my fitness, something like yoga for ROM or rowing for endurance.

I'm sure rock climbing is really fun, but I can't see it actually having much of an impact on my strength, speed or flexibility.

is that the summit in grapevine?

rollercoaster != heights

Climbing gains are real. Climbing 5x a week here, climbing v7s now

>That spray

Isn't that one of those things you can't go to alone without looking like a complete loser? Or is it close enough to a legitimate sport that it's okay?

Im thinking about it, but the real reason would be to conquer my fear of heights. can I do that with rock climbing?
>who am i kidding, im broke as fuck and scared out if my mind even on a balcony 3 feet high

Try bouldering. The gyms are very social places.

The broscience is strong in this one

>climbing isn't exercise

You're a fucking moron.

I used to do some competition climbing. Most of the chicks were literal legbeard hippies with dreads and nose piercings.

Why bother going down laterally? You're still connected via the rope attached to the top of the climb hah callin' BS

>be 6'4
>head is just below the top frame
>feet are just above the bottom lip unless I'm doubled over
Got my foot caught under a hold as it rotated underneath few times. Would not recommend.

because I'm a 6'5 skinny beanpole and would probably make an arse of myself

Top climbers are lanklets because extra reach = easier to climb.

yeah but they've got muscle, I don't

I think you mean eternal bleeding*. Sorry for you tho

you seem like a goober

It helps with grip, core and flexibility actually. You need core to hug the wall when on an incline and general flexibility is a huge advantage when climbing a strange problem so you eventually become more flexible over time, definitely not as much as yoga but it is a noticeable change.

how do you think you gain said muscle you retard, climb and make gains. Would punch a shark to be 6'5" and climbing. 5'9" manlet here

Don't forget, bodybuilders can't climb, in fact did you know that elite rock climbers can't even do a single pull up, which is a gym favorite but totally impractical in the real world?

-Peter Snikelestien

>Rock climbers can't do pullups

What kind of hot meme is this

Where the fuck are you spending that money on it? Used to cost me £4.80 a time as a member of the wall. Even with the harness (£80) and shoes (£70) I still spent a max of £400 a year!!

And outside is fucking free!!

my logic was that I'd make gains in the gym then go climbing so I don't make a twat of myself but maybe i'll consider it

Going bouldering in a min.
What font grades does Veeky Forums climb? I did my first 7a last week

I'm in the v4 to v5 range right now, though I've been making pretty fast climbing gainz. Hope to climb around v7 or 8 before my shoulder surgery in march

I should really learn how to climb.. the city I live in is supposed to be the best in ontario for it

are you fucking thick?
>Adam Ondra is 5'9
>Alex Honnold is 5'9
>Chris Sharma is 6'0
>Sean McColl is 5'5
Have you actually been climbing more that like 3 times in your life

I found gains super slowed down at like v6 unless you seriously up how often you go
godspeed user

protip:
girls only go climbing if their boyfriend already does

>walking
>non exercise

I'm in Ontario too, what city? k/w?

Climbing is easy for me and I want to get better

How do I not be made fun of for being a 5'2" manlet though

I'm going 2 - 3 times a week right now, I've read a lot about avoiding going more then that at the start because it's very easy to fuck up your tendons until they've become used to climbing after ~8 months. Would make sense to plateau somewhere, cheers user

climb harder and higher

Embrace it, outclimb everyone at your gym so the reason they make fun of you is jealousy.

second best climber in north america is in my gym
>does one arm pullups

I climb V7
>25 pullups

short people have less mass and can perform super crunch moves with ease

tall people have great reach, it's their only advantage

t. butthurt cherrypicking manlet

t. shit for brains who has never climbed

Height can be an advantage but also a disadvantage depending on the problem.

verily

You live in Gainesville, FL?

yeah that's true. you should probably stay away from hangboards/fingerboards for about the same amount of time. v4-v5 is super strong for a beginner btw user nice job

>you will not tire your CNS

what the fuck

>cherrypicki
i literally named the top 3 sports climbers last year lol

>sluts will only date those who climb harder

>basically they will teach once they see other guy who seems to be climb harder and also is cute

who would want to have a gf like that

>picture of a indoor wall
GTFO

jk it's great to start but being outside is the best
you just really need trustworthy partners to secure you