Alcohol Consumption

Hey Veeky Forums
I've been lifting and working out for around 6 months now and have seen some decent results
Only problem is I cant seem to shake my alcohol addiction, and every guide i read implicitly states alcohol consumption is bad for weight gain and testosterone.
I drink around 6-9 beers after work and working out almost every day but it doesnt seem to affect me negatively...
Is anyone else going through this? Would I see even better results if I toughed it out and quit drinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4wdpSFQTulo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Recovering alcoholic here.

Stop for two weeks and i guarentee you will see a change in how you perform in the gym. Also drinking like that fucks your sleep.up so you are not getting proper rest. There are also.claims alcohol lowers test and fucks with protien absorbtion.

How did you manage to quit?
I swear beer runs in my veins.. half Scottish half Dutch.
It feels so good to crack one open after work and after a workout

So just crack one. 1-2 drinks is absolutely fine. But if you can't control yourself you'll have to settle with 0

See, the thing is since ive been gaining weight 1-2 beers doesnt do anything for me. In fact, since i started lifting ive been drinking more- practically like water

If you can quit now on your own then stop if you think its a problem?

How did I quit? I got blackout drunk and woke ul on the wrong side of the road smashed into another car. Spent 20 days in jail where they were giving me valium so I didnt start having siezures. I was drinking at least 2 pints of vodka a day.

I started out just drinking a few beers here and there like most people and before I knew it I was drinking just to get right. Thats why im saying if you actually can admit that alcohol is effecting your life then please consider doing something before it becomes a real problem.

Then have 1 or maybe 2. Recommend "healthy" amount for an adult dude is about 4 or 5 a week I believe. Maybe try a darker more stout beer? Personally I could knock back 6 coronas in a night without a problem, but 1 or 2 guinness' and im done.

Cool bro

Holy shit 2 pints of vodka a day? thats bloody bonkers m8

Maybe Ill try that. I mainly drink light beer so i can down a twelve pack and only feel a buzz

Not guy you responding to but I echo the shit out of this. I used to binge very hard and ended up making a total fool of myself at a party (I. E. Naked, dick out in front of plenty of sober people). The next morning I lay in bed in shame and my friends had a mini-intervention for me in our Facebook group chat. Admitting drinking fucked with me was the first step. Then I totally quit for a few months.

I'm back to occasionally drinking but it's manageable now. I know once I've had 4 drinks at a party I'm good to go, I don't try to do 12 shots or chug a magnum of wine to impress people now. It's all about admitting you have a problem (which there is no shame in) and taking the steps to reduce the amount you drink.

It will probably suck. It isn't like weed or something, alcohol is physically addictive, not mentally addictive. I used to wake up at night crying for a gin and tonic, I'd rub my face on the ground till I bled from carpet burn. I'd writhe my fingers and contort my arms and legs into all kinds of fucked up positions, but I made it and so will OP.

Yeah i would wake up and on my walk to work, stop at the liquor store, grab a bottle, down half a pint and continue to work.

Also op im not saying you are an uncontrollable alcholic like me but like i said if you think its hurting your gains cut back if you can or stop. I know for me I cant settle with just one or two so I cant drink.

>I can't settle for 1 or 2 so I can't drink
Major props for admitting that alcohol just isn't for you.

I used to get black out drunk but I have stopped that altogether.
I never drink socially, only by myself. Im a loner. I know what you mean though when you say physically addictive, i feel it in my gut the need to have a drink.
Ive attempted to quit at least 3 times before but to no avail

Thanks. I know it was hard for me to admit. I spent years thinking I could somehow controll it. I would sober up for weeks or even months at a time.

Then I would start up again and be like just having a few here and there every few weeks or so and then it would be right back to drinking vodka daily before i knew what happened.

OP here.
I think i may have to stop altogether.
I love beer way too damn much to just have a few.
Should i ween myself off or replace beer with coffee or some other stimulant?
Like i said here Ive tried three times before without success

FUCK ive had three beers since starting this thread

If you are like me weening yourelf off wont work. If I drink a few ill say fuck it and start pounding them back.

Are you worried you wont be able to stop without getting the DTs?

thats exactly my problem

I have been through the DTs few times its not fun. Just because alcohol is legal does not mean it cant be some serious shit to come off of.

I have also had problems with drugs in the past and nothing I have ever came off of was like that. Fucking shaking, cold sweats and seeing fucking shit on the walls in a dark room, which i should add was a room in a hospital where they were giving me drugs so i wouldnt die. You might want to consider getting some medical help if you are worried about withdrawing.

>can confirm. Used to binge every night. Then when I stopped I would wake up to cold sweats thinking there were people in my room, was too scared to move. Turned out it was my towel hanging on the door

Also i dont want to scare you op if you are really drinking 6-9 beers a day you wont go through the hell i went through if you do something now.

Damn, I dont know about being hospitalized, but i do wake up almost every night clutching my .45 paranoid someone is trying to break into my home. Never turns out to be true though and is usually some freakish nightmare

dont know that feel,i cant stand alcohol. still cant help but feel im denying my slavic genetics tho

you guys might just scare me into reforming my ways..
or maybe its the alcohol talking

I used to have horrible nightmares as well, i would also get sleep paralysis which was fucking terrifying.

Also im not saying you have to check into a rehab but maybe talk to a doctor about getting some medication to help you stop

Yeah so now I just sometimes day drink and occasionally drink out on the town. But my gf doesn't like me drinking as I always end up drinking 15 standard in a night. Also my mum dislikes it as my father is an alcoholic

medication? Sounds sketchy I dont trust doctors or pharmaceuticals

Medication to help you from the withdrawls. Like i said alcohol is some serious shit if you drink a lot. I personaly dont belive in replacing drugs with others, methadone ect. but this is different.

This post makes we want to have a few shots, but I already brushed my teeth ;~;

Alright im out, thanks for the advice anons
Heres some Weezer for feels
youtube.com/watch?v=4wdpSFQTulo