I'm attempting to work my way up to doing real pull ups. I've been trying the scooby chair method...

I'm attempting to work my way up to doing real pull ups. I've been trying the scooby chair method, but I'm not making any noticeable progress. I keep dropping like a sack of potatoes when I do them. I've been eyeing the assisted pull up machine, and I was wondering if that would do me any better for working towards real pull ups than this fucking chair method?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QZF0Uz7rty8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how can you not do a single pull up

Untrained, fat, female, etc
There are a lot of ways

Weight and time lifting?
Are you going to a gym? Some have assisted pullup machines

go to a pull up bar and pull up, if you can only do 1 do 1x until you can't pull up. Eventually you'll be able to do 2, then 3, so on. watch a couple videos on how to properly do a pull-up and then do them

pull up machine is shit, it teaches you wrong technique
do inverted rows
do scapular retraction while in a dead hang
then do negatives

start with chin-ups, they are easier
once you can do 3 chin ups you can do a pull-up

it took me 1 month from 0 to 1, another from 1 to 3 and now after another month I can do 6 chin-ups.

I'm 6'2 183 I've been lifting for lifting for 5 months. I can only do 5 pull-ups so I'm not expert. I didn't realize you were a girl! Yes, the assisted pull up machines will help you. If you don't lift push ups help too. Planks are fun! I'm not a fitness guru but I have a pull-up bar at home and I do them every day about 4 sets of 5 or until I can't, do chin ups as well if you can I'm very high atm

I was doing other back excercises before trying pull ups/chin ups without a rubberband or bench to put my feet on.
To be FAIRi didnt even try to check if i can do more than 3 without the bench/rubberband until 6 months in.
Now I can do 4 sets of 6 pull ups and then 2 more sets of 5 pull ups. gym guy tells me to do 40 reps in total but idk if tehre is a point of doing 4 or less after that.
Next excercise is doing 30 chin ups and i break it to 5x6.

Would recommend you the rubberband for starts. And to be fair for life. You ll shoulders/back will become huge for a woman.
After

I use to work in a gym, when ever I walked past a pull up station I would bang out as many pull ups as possible. This turned out to be 5 or 6 times per-shift 4 days a week. I would do pull ups till failure, on top of training back twice a week. In the beginning I could only do 3 or 4 at once. After about a month or two I could do 12 neutral grip pull ups fast/with a bit of swinging, and 6 strict, slow and controlled wide-grip pull ups.
I would recommend a similar approach, if you cant do regular pull ups, do slow negatives instead. When the doms in your lats become overwhelming, take a day off from pull ups

I just did lat pulldowns until I was strong enough to do Pull Ups
Now I do weighted Pull Ups.

I just grabbed the bar and tried as hard as I could, can do more than 10 now.

Also doing scooby method. Took me about 4 weeks to see progress. How long have you been doing it?

LOOOOLLLL
are you serious
wow

3 months to do 6 chin ups LOL
i was like 12 years old i could do 30 man
you got to be some serious weak mother fucker to not be able to do pull ups

Seriously just buy a door pull up bar.

Do 3 sets of like 6 negatives every day in the morning or before bed until you can manage a chin up. Then just do as many as you can each set and do negatives for the rest of the set. Keep doing this until every rep is a full chin up. Then start trying pull ups. Look up how to do them with proper form (leaning back is a big factor) and progress as you did with chin ups.

I did this and I went from barely controlling a negative to doing full pull ups in a few weeks.

This is what I h8:
>People who as kids were playing soccer/ basketball and learning stilmultaneously karate. >Did this for 5-6 years, then hit puberty/started studying/got bored of it.
>Went to the gym around 20, claiming "I ve never done anything serious as a work out."
>Takes them literally 3 months to reach a beginner's ~9-10 years of gains , because they re just recreating lost muscle.
>"LOL user , how can your gains be so bad, Weakling user plz u re kidding right, Do u even lift Brah, I started from 0 no test no nthng man, u doing it wrong"

Fuck off Cucks

Same user here: I meant 9-10 months* LAWL
>ROAST ME

literally just try harder you fag

Implying its not true you cancer.
These gains-addicts can only make people think their achievements are shiet.

hello mr skellinton

use a resistance band on your pull up bar to help you go up. thats how i started and now i can do like 10 real pull ups without it.

fuck you. You probably weigh 100lb.

That was genuine advice faggot, it's literally the single best piece of advice you can ever get in your training career.

Try as hard as you fucking can, every single damn rep try as hard as you can to make it perfect, and it eventually will be perfect.

Now apologize for calling me cancer

S-Sorry user

OK manlet

>Now apologize for calling me cancer

APOLOGIZE
Good boy

Just work your back like holy shit, i couldn't even do a negative but after 10 months of lat pulldows, seated rows and db rows i can do 11 dead hang pull ups

I am the best boy user. Play with me :)
Fcking Cancer go play it gym overachiever else where, noone gives a F U Q how many pull ups a autistic kid like you was doing as a beginner

Thisthis

Anyone that has worked out for over a month but can't do 8-10 pull ups is full on DYEL pleb tier.

Buy a pull up bar for you home, every time you walk past it just grab on and try to do as much as you can, even if it isn't a full pull up at first.

All the "Veeky Forums" posters here doing under 10 , time to reevaluate your lives .

your problem is being too weak for negatives. negatives are goat, but do anything back related till u can do a few slow negatives. best way is to get chinups up first, they are easier and way less explosives, thats the reason negatives are A LOT easier on them

These.
Work your lats! Lat pulldowns are good. Do rows too. Then try again in a month.

the chair method is for faggots too poor or scared to go to a gym. Use the assist or bust

>scapular retraction in deadhang
depression you mean?
OP just do sets of negatives until you can do real pullups, dont use that machine

scooby says not to pull your chin above the bar
is this cheating
youtube.com/watch?v=QZF0Uz7rty8

>actually taking anything scooby has said in his videos seriously

He's wrong, you should always go as high as you can so you progress to muscle ups without kipping like a crossfitter

i dunno, i don't think that face would lie to me

Pull ups are one of those exercises like Push ups or Squats where if you do them everyday you'll eventually be able to do a million of them.

Every day try to do pull ups until you cant do it anymore, then you'll get pull ups gains fast as fuck.

dude, i was an inactive fat fuck, never did jack shit, and my lifts were way stronger on the first day than most beginner stats i see.

I hate to say the trigger words but maybe some are just genetically gifted for strength and motor control.

Literally every point he made is wrong
>narrow grip doesnt target lats
Opposite of true, just look at the emg data, or ask dorian yates. Gives lats a longer ROM
>elbows out to the side, not in front.
Literally as dangerous/bad for you as behind the neck. Opposite of true for correct for. You want your shoulders operating in the scapular plane, not the frontal plane. Same as when overhead pressing. Elbows to the side = impingement
>dont do BTN pull ups
Ok that is legit
>dont pull your chin over the bar.
Nonsense.
The closer your elbows get to behind your back, the harder your lats contract (you dont even need resistance to prove this, just fucking contract your lats has hard a possible and look where it puts your elbows)

Couldnt even finish the vid tbqh.

Cant believe i used to be so dyel i thought he was legit, not a meme

N E G A T I V E S

E

G

A

T

I

V

E

S

>Weigh 350lbs