What's the fastest swimming stroke Veeky Forums?

what's the fastest swimming stroke Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBd9pTzjbmI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_swimming#Men_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_swimming
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As in the fastest official stroke? Front crawl. Otherwise it's supposedly underwater dolphin kicks.

At high levels freestyle and butterfly are very close in speed
Front crawl isn't an official stroke, it's just the most common stroke used in freestyle

It is in the sense that it's the fastest stroke allowed in freestyle due to the 15m limit of underwater swimming.

Would underwater dolphin still be the fastest without the kickoff?

I wanted to buy one of those monofins to practice butterfly better but goddamn they are expensive

Just do butterfly normally.....

Butterfly for most people who can do it

Front crawl for everyone who can't

Up at the top levels things get a bit more muddled

I don't know but it's close, couple of swimmers swam close to 22s on a 50m.

Not OP but is there some video so I can learn butterfly properly? Most shit I'm finding seems dubious or very low quality.

You're better off with a swim coach desu, it's either that or find a way to film yourself

DON'T HANG ON THE LANE ROPES

I'm on a small town atm so that probably won't happen. Love swimming though, so I'll be sure to flail around a bunch until I start getting it.

front crawl. not a contest. been my stroke since day 1, literally the objectively most alpha stroke out there.

t. crawlbabby who cannot do butterfly

>waaah butterfly is too hard

Butterfly is slower than front crawl at any levels, you mongs.
Enjoy fucking your shoulders faggots.

lol, front crawl may be the fastest, but butterfly is the most alpha by far

I like butterfly, but I need to practice it more because I'm not good at breathing

This, but instead I'm worried that everyone will get me looks because I'm splashing everywhere

All these retards have never swum before. Freestyle (front crawl or whatever you fags are calling it) is way fucking faster than butterfly.

I'm swimming when there is few people in the pool. But it's kinda weird to expect to stay dry when you are in pool so I don't mind of others people splashing

I don't know what you been told
it's not the butterfly, it's the tootsie-roll

youtube.com/watch?v=SBd9pTzjbmI

Don't know how it compares speed whise, but this shit is efficient for sure

Butterfly is the fastest stroke if done perfectly.

Been swimming for almost 15 years since I was a kid.

Front crawl.

Both crawl and butterfly can both reach about the same speed. Your body type and natural inclinations determine which is faster for different people.

However for people here discussing alpha strokes, doing a good butterfly at the pool is a pussy magnet.

>Requires the whole lane (aaf)
>No one else is doing it (probably can't)
>That bitch watching you definitely can't do it
>Bitch is impressed
>Acquire pussy

Not sure why people are saying butterfly

As a college swimmer, freestyle is by far the fastest stroke, even at high levels. (Technically underwater dolphin kicks in the fastest but not exactly maintainable)

more like I was just set to do front crawl at every gala because I was best in the team and just haven't practised it in years

Front Crawl
But butterfly is the more physically demanding I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong

most*

a jetski

>tfw can only do the breast stroke
How can I learn the others?
Which stroke is best for muscle development?

Freestyle (or front crawl, whatever) and Butterfly are probably best. Just be careful, because as with all things, form is important, and if you swim Butterfly wrong, you can pretty easily fuck up your rotator cuffs.

How do I into frontcrawl?

get taught it once

practice it till it feels natural

it's literally the easiest stroke, I've always been atrocious at breaststroke

There are videos you can watch, and while the best option would be to have a coach teach you or join a class, that may not be a possibility. Try watching some videos, and focusing on your form while swimming as opposed to your speed for the first while. Remember to use your feet and to really stretch whenever you're going for a stroke.

Front crawl is the fastest for any swimmer at any level. Are you guys saying butterly retarded? Look at Phelps. He swims his free faster than his fly and he's probably the best butterflier in history.

More physically demanding varies from swimmer to swimmer, but the way modern breaststroke is being done, it's probably the most demanding. It's extremely explosive now. Butterfly is also very exhausting, particularly if your form isn't perfect.

front crawl should be the fastest*

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_swimming#Men_2

sorry to burst your bubble big boy haha, so sorry to crush your WHOLE world-view bud xD.

theres only a 1 sec difference in speed between front crawl and butterfly for the 50m world record.

>way fucking faster
nope, kid. get FUCKED

>50m
Wew lad.

It's the difference between 9.58s the world record for the 100m sprint and running 100m at 10.3s. So yeah way faster.

Front crawl is the fastest. This shouldn't even be a discussion. There is a reason people don't do fly in the freestyle event.

what's wrong with 50m?

It's fucking nothing.
Of course you're not going to get a huge difference between the two.

>it's fucking nothing

this is stupid, swimming isn't an endurance sport, that's like taking the piss out of 100m runners, it's still an oly pools length, I really don't see the issue, you do compete right?

there are absolutely endurance swim events.
You're missing the point though, because you're retarded.

In a short race like the 50m, 1 second is a sizable amount of time.

Freestyle/front crawl is fastest, butterfly is a meme.

>There is a reason people don't do fly in the freestyle event
This is absolute proof in favor of front crawl

They're lane lines you dip

Would love to see someone do something besides the fucking crawl where I swim.

Deathstroke.

Lol if you can swim fly as fast as you can swim freestyle, your freestyle technique is fucked up.

You really must be unfamiliar with competitive sports (especially sprints) if you don't know how long 1 second is.

1 second is almost a full body length in swimming sprints. Hell, if I were 1 second faster in my 50m freestyle, I'd be under the Rio qualifying time.

Butterfly is for tryhards.

Backstroke is the most alpha stroke, just cruizin around like you give a fuck.

You're better getting a coach. Butterfly itself isn't difficult but traveling quickly and efficiently is really hard and takes a lot of practice. It requires so much body control that if your arm and leg movements aren't synced up properly you won't travel much distance and you'll be out of breath really fast.

>front crawl
Jesus christ a lot of you are dumb when it comes to swimming. its freestyle. and freestyle is undeniably the fastest stroke*, yes faster than butterfly.

Now i say stroke. however underwater butterfly kicks is the fastest swimming you can do when you push off a wall. That is why whenever you see a swimmer do a flip turn, they kick underwater for a long time. And also why they implemented a limit on how far you can go under water with the kicks, because people found that out and began abusing it.

You can hold yourself really tight while just kicking so your a lot more aerodynamic (aqua dynamic?) and can move through the water better. when you get to the surface you lose the ability to utilize the momentum from the push off.

If your in the middle of the pool and then try to use the butterfly kicks without the wall, then your gunna go pretty slow. the wall is where it gets all the power from. so the most efficient is a mixture, butterfly kick off the wall and then freestyle when you get to the surface literally what your supposed to do.

TLDR: your at your fastest when you push off the wall, faster than any stroke. Freestyle is the fastest stroke but underwater butterfly kicks are faster though not a stroke.

some sense

>butterfly kicks
you ever see a butterfly kick?

that's a very interesting thing to share. i always wondered why swimmers surface at a particular distance after kicking off the wall.

Finally another actual swimmer amongst all these dumb fucks. "Front crawl" is bullshit, freestyle is just freestyle and it is the fastest stroke.
t. 45.45 100 yard freestyle

You are fucking stupid. Know some facts before you go on an autism rant. Freestyle means any stroke, no restrictions and front crawl is the fastest so they do that.

Didn't know we had a world record holder on Veeky Forums

what a time to be alive

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_swimming

You're both faggots

op said what's the fastest stroke you autist, you're at your fastest going off the diving board but that's not what he asked is it.

being pedantic about calling it freestyle is fucking ridiculous, that's not even a specific stroke.

depends on your body anatomy. Lifting can't change how wide your frame is or how big your hands are

>butterfly kicks

They're called dolphin kicks you fucking tards.

And it goes in this order.

Freestyle/Front Crawl
Butterfly
Back Stroke
Breast Stroke

you kick twice for every pull

once when your arms are entering/ about to enter the water
once when your arms are finishing the pull before breaking out of the water.
Basically kick while your arms are in the water only and twice per pull.

MAKE SURE TO ENTER EACH STROKE AT SHOULD WIDTH
I swam and always had my arms meet midline, but that's wasted energy bc you pull back to should width anyways

your kick and rhythm are vital

source: :55 in 100 fly

>Literally world record time in the 60's
I don't believe you

I broke a minute in the 100 breast too my dude
swimming in hs seriously in a competitive state is all it takes

I'm flattered that it's a WR in the 60s

my main and favorite stroke is breaststroke I have hella advice for that; it's all about your underwater pullout

pic related backup fastskin. Gave the good one to a friend when I graduated

100 meters? Under a minute in 100 breast you should be swimming competitively at international levels, not talking to me on a Japanese Hairdressing Forum

freedom units

Fucking america. I mean using freedom units is one thing. But to measure your sporting events to the same number but with a different unit to the rest of the world is literally insanity.

It's hydrodynamic. Didn't bother reading the rest after that idiotic bullshit.

No I am a swim instructor and have been in swim team for many years. It's called freestyle because you can do any stroke you want. One time I did breast for the first 5 yards when I was young and thought I would get DQed but turns out it's called freestyle for a reason. Front stroke is the actual stroke.

Retard I am a swimmer for 15 years. Freestyle is the event, everyone uses front stroke in it.

>Jesus christ a lot of you are dumb when it comes to swimming. its freestyle. and freestyle is undeniably the fastest stroke

Freestyle isn't a stroke you fucking moron.

Butteryfly if you can perfect the kick/leg stroke

All that freedom can drive you crazy

Veeky Forums I almost never kicked when I do front crawl and yesterday I started trying dolphin kicks and eventually worked them into my crawl.
It was actually pretty comfortable and I went relatively faster without feeling tired or having to wreck the form

am I retarded?
pls no bully

shit, then that's less than a length. I'm significantly less impressed.

Is dolphin kick really that important after pushing from the wall ? I mean I can do it but it never seemed like something really fast that I could use to be faster. Maybe my technique is shit idk

>getting mad about semantics

based fit

Its yards not feet.

your dolphin kick from the wall probably looks a lot different than an elite swimmer's dolphin kick from the wall

different in that they go much farther

The elite swimmers' dolphin kicks are likely much better than yours. And they all have massive feet which help a lot.

Just do the normal flutter kick, and you will be wrecking your form if you are doing proper fly kick. You don't have to kick hard, just enough so your legs are high enough up in the water so you aren't dragging them. Most of the power in the stroke is from the arms anyway the split is like 80/20 in terms of where the power in the stroke is coming from.

It was more that I couldn't notice the flutter doing anything at all and they keep distracting me, while the hip drive for the dolphin kicks is simple and felt like it helped a lot.
I just like the move a lot so I'll probably start practicing it on rest days and leave front crawl as it is.