Why do men think that having semi muscular arms gives them permission to be fat pieces of shit...

Why do men think that having semi muscular arms gives them permission to be fat pieces of shit? Your muscular arms don't mean shit if your fucking belly is fat. What gets me is that these types of guys always consider themselves attractive because they aren't skinny. No, skinny is much preferable to this shit.
The excuse I always hear is "well it's hard to get to the gym these days muh time". Ummm, then put down the fork? It's not a matter of you not working out, it's a matter of you overeating like a disgusting farm animal. Just stop fucking eating so much, it's disgusting.
Pic not entirely related to what I'm referring to, but close enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0W2yMpjSr48
youtube.com/watch?v=cRZHeZ6WwAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its due to society wearing shirts all the time. Mainly t-shirts. You only need to appear big and strong. So as long as you have big shoulders and big bi's and tri's and slight size to your chest, you're pretty much golden. Abs are generally for your own personal reasons or homosexuality. Thats basically it.

Women want to feel secure protection, and strength.
Men want aesthetics that are symmetrical and proportionate.

read the sticky and see if you might be able to work out what's going on there you stupid cunt

its harder to get stronger while cutting.
good thing these ppl lift ffor themselves and not some manlet dyel loser

i'd rather people be chunky while bulking and going to the gym and making progress than being some flabby dyel

This guy would fold you like a lawn chair, OP.

Hes not really that fat and could probably beat the shit out of you.

I agree, wide hips and fat bellies are the worst on a muscular frame, you look like pure shit no matter if you're Ronnie Coleman and won 10 000 trophies or whatever.

Vacuums ftw

kek. Found the fatass who can't cut.

It's easier to be a fat piece of shit and let some of the extra nutrients be partitioned into muscle.

OP's image is a bad example, but i get his point

i can't stand the 280lbs dudes who have good biceps that are invisible because of the fat covering them, and they think it makes them attractive
fuck that

>Woman don't care if I'm a fat piece of shit
In your dreams, fatty.
>Men want aesthetics that are symmetrical and proportionate.
Hahahaha no. The less proportionate a woman is, the hatter a man thinks her.

That pic looks a thousand times better than ottermode.
And maybe thoose people care more about strenght than how they look

>they think it
Who cares what they think of themselves.
Insecure fuck.

you mad that you look like a twig at your 12% bodyfat while I tower over you and get mired because I actually have mass?

5ft 10 210

>powerlifters

Laughing at all the fatasses in this thread "OMG I CUD KICK UR ASS OVER THE INTERNET." Seriously, you guys act like being able to kick someone's ass has any bearing whatsoever in this argument.

OP's point wasn't that fatty couldn't beat somebody up, it was that lifting weights doesn't justify being a fat piece of shit. If you overeat all the time and lift, you're obviously going to build muscle. It doesn't mean you aren't profoundly unhealthy or look like garbage.

I'd rather be in ottermode than one of these hamplanets, because at least I won't be dying of heart failure in my late 40s.

To answer OP's question, the reason this is such a common physique is because it's one of the easiest to get - you still have to lift, but you basically just overeat. It requires little to no discipline to look like that. It's not good for you because you wind up wanting to eat even more because you're lifting.

I also agree it's stupid and, for all the comments about how these fat people supposedly can kick everybody's asses, I'm assuming a lot of them haven't been in a real fight. Fighting uses strength but also relies on cardio, which would make these fat "strong' people pretty useless if the fight went on over three minutes.

itt: triggered fatties

do some cardio sometime, would you?

Funny thing is, top powerlifters do more cardio than you, but just have to eat more to compensate.

Being overweight still isn't good for you.

I don't understand the preoccupation with lifting weights. Lifting weights is enjoyable, but the overall goal isn't weight lifting for it's own sake. If you've reached a point where you're getting fat so that you can lift more weight, you need to reevaluate your life.

>justify
Nothing has to be justified, it just is. They lift to be as strong as possible. If they look fat, so be it. Why are you upset?

You're right - nobody has to justify anything they do. It doesn't change the fact that it's stupid and unhealthy.

Calling me "upset" is a bit of a stretch, but it's certainly laughable when people who are clearly 40+ lbs overweight try to act like they're more fit than even some DYEL just because they lift a lot.

Say what you want, but It's always going to be unhealthy to be overweight.

Not everyone wants to be ripped
I just eat tonnes of clean food and lift heavy every other day

Just fuck off. People do things for a wide variety of reasons. Jsut because they don't share you same goal doesn't mean they're wrong. I hate people like you.

"Hey guys, being fat is unhealthy."

> wah, I hate people like you.

Just a note, fit is typically not the place for fat acceptance.

Seriously, you're acting like the discussion is about what color is the best. Sorry, but it's objectively scientifically 100% not healthy to be overweight, and your feelings on the subject don't change that.

They know it isn't the healthiest body to have, that just isn't as important as their goal.

youtube.com/watch?v=0W2yMpjSr48

>Just fuck off. People do things for a wide variety of reasons. Jsut because they don't share you same goal doesn't mean they're wrong. I hate people like you.

> They know it isn't the healthiest body to have, that just isn't as important as their goal.

Let her do it. She'll end up dying early. and?

Strength Athletes know that being above a certain bmi isn't the healthiest, but it's necessary to achieve their goals. I don't understand how you can navigate Veeky Forums, but still can't understand this concept.

I'm not overweight though. I'm 198lb at 6'. That's perfectly healthy.

Women dont care as much. If you can provide them either protection or support or a mixture they really dont care all too much. Men like aesthetics, thats why muscular men get other muscular men. Men tend to also look for aesthetic female's as well. Also do you not understand the rule of thirds? There is a ratio that is proportionate and very aesthetically pleasing.

ITT: health at ever size advocates get triggered by someone stating the fact that morbid obeisty isn't healthy

> I don't understand how you can navigate Veeky Forums, but still can't understand this concept.

Well thank you for conceding my point - which is that you don't understand.

The reality is that the person in the video is simply becoming as fat as possible. That's her goal. You what you are failing to understand is that her freedom to pursue this goal isn't the same as freedom from criticism. It's demonstrably not healthy her to fulfill this goal, and I refuse to join my culture's worship of political correctness and apologize for the reality that I (and many others) point out how unhealthy this is.

The same goes for people who are actively doing damage to their body for the sake of powerlifting. It's not healthy for your body to be overweight, it's going to result in hypertension and cardiovascular problems. To think that I on an open forum don't have a right to point out how unhealthy this is (or even laugh) at people who do this much damage to their body for the sake of some arbitrary goal is childish on your part.

Freaking out, swearing at me, stomping your feet and saying how much you "hate people like me" doesn't change the fact that it's unhealthy and, in my opinion, stupid.

Basically.

>he's trying to subtly imply every man thinner than him is gay
nice try fat fuck

>If you've reached a point where you're getting fat so that you can lift more weight, you need to reevaluate your life
This tbqfh famiglia

>If you stay under water that long you're going to drown
>It's ok, I'm just trying to reach the world record for the longest amount of time spend underwater, I have help nearby
>DUDE BUT ITS NOT HEALTHY
>I understand thi-
>Moron, I can't believe you're doing something this unhealthy, what a dumbass.
>But it's my goal t-
>I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR GOALS, IM JUST GOING TO KEEP CALLING YOU A DUMBASS CUZ I CAN
It's true you can,

>what is bearmode
summerfriend detected

>girls don't find bearmode attractive

Also a huge thick back.

The thing is, I'm lean af but also strong af.

3plate 1rpm squat come the fuck at me bro. Oh wait you can't cause you're a fatass.

>bearmode isn't attractive to women

>5'10
>tower over
Calm down manlet King

I'm lean with a 4pl8 squat.
3pl8 is literally normie tier.

>3pl8 squat 1rm
>strong

lmao, I bet it's high af too

Sorry twink, but you're not strong.

3-plate isn't really that impressive. You'd place just around dead last in a competition.

It's cute watching you trying to strawman the point, but there's a big difference from "holding your breath underwater" and actively carrying 40+ pounds on your body because you want to reach an arbitrary weight lifting goal. Namely, holding your breath underwater doesn't require a total life commitment that actively changes your body into something very unhealthy. Also, the act of holding your breath is not inherently unhealthy.

Once again (because by your own admission you don't understand this), being overweight is not healthy. Heart disease is the number one killer in the US. Stop trying to justify the fact that you're fat. Saying that you're fat for a reason doesn't make you less fat.

You seem to think that I don't understand that it's your goal, but I don't care that it's your goal, it's still fucking stupid and I reserve the right to inform you that you're doing damage to your body.

obvious samefag

I now finally understand why Veeky Forums is such a shit board.

It has tons of fat people on it.

No shit Sherlock

>he thinks you need to be lean to be attractive to women

>arbitrary weight lifting goal.
Like winning a championship at whatever federation you compete in?

Is the NBA championship arbitrary as well?

>I reserve the right to inform you that you're doing damage to your body.
Why do you think all strength athletes are stupid? They understand this. You can say it, it;s just annoying. Like that kid who says what everyone is thinking but thinks he's smart because no one else said it.

>Like winning a championship at whatever federation you compete in?

>Is the NBA championship arbitrary as well?

And clearly, all these fat power lifters are all competing in the NBA championship.

You sure showed me.

Just asking if you think the NBA championship is more important than a powerlifting federation.

3 plates squat is laughable bitch, there is a 5 plates minimum to be called a man, fag

Oh my god man, you are so fucking butthurt.

You're on an open forum. People are going to express their beliefs. If you don't like it, buy a fucking helmet. Clearly you're a very weak and pathetic person, which doesn't surprise me if you're willing to overcompensate for it to such a degree that you'll risk dying in your 40s from heart disease so that you can lift big weights. In case you haven't noticed, that's what we're here discussing in this thread. In fact, the title of the thread is "Why do men think that having semi muscular arms gives them permission to be fat pieces of shit?"

So you can continue trying to justify being a fat piece of shit, and those of us who have fit bodies with good cardio and who eat clean will continue to discuss the merits of not being a fat piece of shit. So far, the conversation has gone like this:

>Me: It's unhealthy to be fat

>You: yeah but I can lift a lot.

>Me: That's fine, but it's kind of an arbitrary thing to be able to lift a lot of weight if you're going to have to suffer from all the health problems of being overweight in the process.

> You: Well I want to lift a lot of weight.

> Me: Okay, you're still going to get heart disease, hypertension, and probably die in your 40s.

> You: Well fuck you, I hate people like you, I want to lift a lot of weight and it hurts my feelings that you're bringing up that it's unhealthy.

> Me: That's what we're discussing in the thread. It's not healthy to be fat. Whether or not you lift a lot of weight is irrelevant.

> You: Well what if I want to hold my breathe underwater for a really long time? You don't have the right to tell me that's unhealthy!

> Me: That would still be kind of stupid, but is fundamentally different from putting on upwards of 55+lbs so you can lift a lot of weight - which is unhealthy.

> You: Everyone who doesn't agree with me is dumb.

Take your fatlogic somewhere else.

>> Me: Okay, you're still going to get heart disease, hypertension, and probably die in your 40s.
After this, we say
>Ok we're willing to risk this.

What more is there too say

No, you weren't "just asking," you're using your crappy fatlogic to try and prove a point - which you're failing miserably at.

Listen, if you want to get fat and die in your 40s so that you can lift big weights, that's fine. There's nothing I can do about it. Just like the fat girl in the video who is putting on hundreds of pounds of fat for no real reason. If that's the life you want to live, whatever.

It's still fucking stupid to chip 30+ years off your life for something as arbitrary as lifting a lot of weight or looking a certain way.

>It's still fucking stupid to chip 30+ years off your life for something as arbitrary as lifting a lot of weight or looking a certain way.
Ok cool, I don't think it's stupid considering the irrelevancy of life in general, but not arguing with a shortened life span.

Next?

Once again, you're misquoting my point. It's not a risk, it's A PROMISE. If you are overweight, you will suffer from these problems. You will get hypertension and heart complications.
> What more is there too say

The final thing to say is that it's a stupid trade.

Now, you might not be convinced that chipping 30+ years off your life so that you can lift a lot of weight is a "stupid trade" and that's your prerogative, but it doesn't mean that the rest of us are so blinded that we can't see it's stupid.

What do you think of someone who starts shooting up herion in their late teens? It's just their life and it's not stupid to become a fucking a junkie?

It's the same question.

youtube.com/watch?v=cRZHeZ6WwAY

www.thedauntlessdavidanthony.com

> Ok cool, I don't think it's stupid considering the irrelevancy of life in general, but not arguing with a shortened life span.

>Next?

That doesn't make any sense. What do you mean when you say the "irrelevancy of life in general" ? Talking about shorting your lifespan is fucking absolutely relevant to deciding what is or is not a stupid life decision

whats the difference between dying at 60 and dying at 80 or 90?

Some people would rather lead a specific kind of life even if that means not leading the absolutely longest life possible. Nearly everyone does it to some degree.

I'm going to start shooting up heroin in my late 20s. Some people would rather lead a specific kind of life even if that means not leading the absolutely longest life possible. Nearly everyone does it to some degree. You have no right to tell me that being a penniless heroin addict and dying in the street in my 50s is any more stupid than any other decision.

Weightlifting for fat men is like diet coca cola for fat women.
>Now I can eat anything!

No one is saying you don't have a right to speak your mind. The point is, why repeat what is known non stop if the people you're talking to have no intention of changing their life for something they find unfavourable?

itt: twinks cant handle being upstaged by people who actually look like they lift

Interesting how you dodged my question whenever it illustrates how patently stupid your reasoning is - hence proving my original point.

I'm going to ask again, do you have the right to tell this person who is throwing their life away in their late twenties by shooting up heroin that they're making a stupid decision?

ITT - one fat butthurt guy getting schooled by actually fit people.

> No one is saying you don't have a right to speak your mind. The point is, why repeat what is known non stop if the people you're talking to have no intention of changing their life for something they find unfavourable?

> You have a right to speak your mind. The point is, why say something that I don't agree with?

yes you do

But why?

Some people would rather lead a specific kind of life even if that means not leading the absolutely longest life possible. Nearly everyone does it to some degree. You have no right to tell me that being a penniless heroin addict and dying in the street in my 50s is any more stupid than any other decision.

Lol fatty abandoned the thread. I guess the ice cream truck drove by and our shining athlete couldn't resist.

>But why?
because you're a man with one life, and you should be able to choose what you do with it

why do you care how other people like to live their life? Built guy stole your girl from your skinny faggot ass?

look at this fat fuck

Yeah, this makes no sense and proves my point. It's obvious that someone who starts shooting up heroin and dies in their 50s is making a stupid decision for the exact same reasons that I gave towards your argument - effectively illustrating your middle-school level reasoning.

And now you're devolving into name calling? Nice move, Triggly-puff, but I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that you just want to justify being fat.

That's fine, but samefagging and spreading your butthurt all over Veeky Forums isn't going to change the fact that some of us are way healthier than you - and no, it doesn't mean we're all scrawny and thin.

Wow, really convincing anecdotal evidence. You're really tearing up this thread with your fat-logic reasoning skills.

> expecting someone to stay in here justifying their goals to someone who clearly has different goals
For what purpose

Because some men only care about strength gains and confidence and give no fuck for visual gains.
But you are too Beta minded to understand that such people with specific goals in life are actually preferred from women.

if you arent a vegan you're a hypocrite

why would i care if someone is healthier than me? My life decisions do not affect yours in the slightest. Secondly, because you dodged the question the first time

Why do you care how other people choose to live their life? It does not affect you in any significant way. If anything, you can feel better about your sad life and your lack of gains.

He didnt say 1 rep max, he said 1 rep per minute.
Weak ass squatlets cant beat his dps, 3pl8s per minute BITCH

>taking 1 minute between reps
enough rest to warrant 3pl8 being a max senpai

bearmode>Ottermode

i agree with OP, permabulking "powerlifters" are a sad sight

i respect their strength and the hard work they put in to reach their goals though, as long as they realise they look like shit

Being overweight is not "unhealthy" being obese is unhealthy. Its in our dna to build fat. Its also in our nature to be as large as possible. If you have more fat than muscle in weight then you are unhealthy. This is due to your body having to work excessively to keep the structure healthy which causes the body to form more fat in order to and some structural integrity. If you have more muscle vs fat by weight you are strong enough to withstand the pressures due to your musculature can take the koad off your structure/frame.

Don't bother, he abandoned thread, at the fear of appearing like a soundboard.

>Its also in our nature to be as large as possible

you are so wrong it's not even funny
seriously, try to tell that to a doctor

as our mass grows, our organs stay largely the same, which means they have to work harder to take care of everything. this is especially true of the heart
this is fine to some extent, our bodies are indeed made to deal with this
but once you exceed the limit of what a cavemen in nature would have been able to achieve, the extra strain starts to become a problem
this is true even if you have low bodyfat, excessive amounts of musclemass are not healthy

excess fat tissue brings with it a host of other problems that have nothing to do with "being strong enough to withstand the pressure". increased load on the heart, increased risk of congested arteries, problems with hormonal and cholesterol metabolism, more waste products for the body to process

the only reason muscular builtfats are healthier than fatso's at the same weight, is that they have less fat tissue because most of the weight is muscle

> women hate bear mode

>most of the weight is muscle
which is very hard on the kidneys.
its a lose-lose situation

still preferable to fat imo

but yeah like i said, being HUEG just isn't healthy no matter how you slice it
fuck that tho i never wanted to grow old any way

that chest is just ugly

Let's see your chest fat boy

1. im a skellington
2. you dont have to be lfit to tell when people look unaesthetic.

he has a slab of sloppy un useful meat on his chest like titties. fucking gross

Okay bird chest. Let's still see your chest.

>mfw every other guy in my gym has fatceps with tribal tattoos and looks like they just eat sodium, dbol and chinese takeaway for 100% of their diet.

Bloated fatcep fucks. 18" arms don't mean shit if there isn't any hint of definition.

No.

>responding to bait

>mfw i eat 3/4 what my gf eats
>mfw she is 5"4' and a S-M size
>MFW she doesnt work out
>mfw i work out 4 times a week
>mfw thats my body type
>mfw you are just mad girls don't notice you

You seem to have no idea how bodies work, user

>mfw you're too retarded to count macros

>this has to be bait, there is no way someone has different standards for aesthetics than myself.