What do yall have to say about yoga?

What do yall have to say about yoga?

I stopped lifting after last semester ended since not paying tuition doesn't let me in the gym. Since then I've been running and doing some bodyweight but it's nowhere near the same. I have been getting back into yoga though, and it feels awesome although my core is weak as fuh cuh.

Anyone have experience with using it to "set your body straight" so that lifting is easier? I find squatting feels a million times more natural if I'm regularly doing some yoga on the side.

As a DYEL I found that if I just did SS or 5x5 eventually I'd start running up against strain in connective tissue or stabilizer muscles as is typical when always progressively loading benches at 5RMs or whatever. I found that doing light accessory work of any kind, including yoga helped.

At least from a comfort and injury prevention angle. From a performance angle, don't listen to me, listen to someone who knows what the fuck they're doing.

I like to do yoga twice a week when possible on my non lifting days. I definitely recover better when I do.

Will yoga make me less awkward in my every day movement?
Will I become flexible?
Will I be able to dance?

yoga really helps those who like to rebalance their bodies

A quad heavy person will have a strong and overwhelming anterior chain vs posterior chain

chest vs back (upper and lower, but seperately)

Can you do yoga yourself or is it better just going to a class?

learn the basics

unless you really enjoy taking group sessions and the socialization benefits

The thing with yogi's is that they're more like martial artists and less "scientific"

if you really need the hard cold scientific facts watch youtube

take a class or get one on one instruction at first in order to learn about proper form. I love to do a bit of yoga as a warm up or on rest days.

some apps/sites?
I only know of doyogawithme

also, random question, can you mix yoga and meditation?
I was thinking of starting both and thought it would be a good time saver

I've always dreamed of having a girl that could do that.

Yoga is for sluts who are too lazy to go to church and be good Christian women

So they make up for their lack of faith by being spiritual and stretching in hot rooms that reek of pussy and liberalism

>mix yoga and meditation
Should be meditating none the less.

Did yoga for the first time a few weeks ago

>enjoyed the stretching and actual strenuous parts
>mind raced like crazy and just wanted to get to the next pose or cycle or w.e whenever we had to do some quiet reflection or breathing exercise

All I could really think about was how I hated everyone there who was better than me and the only reason I'd continue with yoga was to be the best and show these people up.

Overall, I don't think it's the right thing for me

yoga tends to have 2 different modes
a very active vs static

both require much focus so, I'm not too sure about mixing meditation into it.

go at least 3 more times, trust me. that's how you feel at the beginning but after you go multiple times the mental clarity kicks in

Maybe you need to do some cardio, sounds like you need to blow off some steam, not reflect quietly on yourself lolol. But also, that's what yoga's kind of about, breaking habits and getting your mind to calm the fUCK down long enough to figure out where you're blocked up, physically, mentally or whatever.

OP harr, I learned pretty much everything myself. Google it, read articles and any blog posts you find, maybe watch a couple youtube videos (but I find those to be less useful than reading material that gets really into it). The "yoga community" (especially on reddit, fucking cancer) is all about just doing it, spending time actually doing yoga, "feeling" it out etc etc. There is something to that, it pays to get down on the mat and bust out some poses for a half hour or longer. HOWEVER I personally learn through a scientific approach as well and I find the more I read about that aspect of it, the faster I progress.

For example, the role of anterior pelvic tilt. This is something almost anyone on Veeky Forums can tell you about, and is seen as a problem, resulting from sitting in chairs too much, weak abs and core strength as well as weak/lengthened glutes; tight hammies, quads, hip flexors, the list goes on. Once you read about all that, you can do, say, a forward fold, and then go into an upward dog and directly feel the strain of your own tight hammies and shortened hip flexors. Then you can reason through it and think, I'll tighten my glutes; once you do that, you can relax everything else in your pelvic region and before you know it, you're 10% moar flexible throughout your entire hip girdle. Do that every day and and I'll leave it to you to figure out what kind of benefit it'd give you when it comes to hip drive coming out of a deep squat, or deadlift, or power clean.

You would greatly benefit from mindful meditation, if waiting was straining for you

I'm just imagining a relaxed yoga atmosphere with some new-age teacher speaking calmly, and you raging alone in the corner.

makes sense, I'll autism out and read a lot of stuff on the subject

I was front and center to make sure I could follow along as best as possible and everyone could see how good I was for my first time

Have a bit of yoga experience here. What you're actually describing is a very real thing more people could do with hearing about. I myself experienced similar. Spiritually one could argue that the amplified mental awareness could actually heighten stress. Maybe it's just a rush of blood to the head... I dunno, but what u jusy mentioned is very interesting to me. I think yoga and meditation dont suit western cultures as mucu as we think they do

PUFFY

yoga god here

i took a class in college last year. tons of girls in it obviously, and got tons of pussy because i lift and genuinely enjoyed doing yoga. best thing ever is lifting, smoking a bit of weed, then heading to yoga and chilling the fuck out. helped my gains and flexibility too

instructor makes all the difference though. i tried to take another class after that semester but the teacher was an annoying hippie bitch who wouldn't stop touching me and criticizing my form so i dropped that shit. you need an instructor who will let you do what you want, otherwise just do it by yourself at home. which is not as good as a class imo

>yes in terms of not being scared of throwing something out
>yes if you practice regularly
>no thats a completely different skill, however if you practice yoga you get a better sense of your own body, so it might make taking dancing classes easier BC u know your limits

this is one of those pictures that triggers a smell for me.

Yoga is for actual faggots.