Are cold showers or cold baths really good for your body? Or is that just a meme...

Are cold showers or cold baths really good for your body? Or is that just a meme? I've been taking cold showers when needed for the last two months and only notice my tolerance for being in thee gets longer.

it's good as a breathing exercise and for the skin.
I cannot confirm other praises sung.

Both hold benefits
Just do hot to cold

what is hot water good for besides cleaning/soothing?

Great for discipline and skin. Hair too. Really whenever something is good for your skin, you can assume your hair is happy about the situation as well.

icing muscles immediately post workout is a benefit to reduce inflammation. Muscle cannot optimally heal or do protein synthesis in an inflammatory situation.

That makes no sense. Inflamation is part of the body's normal reaction to injury. It's part of the healing process. That's what it's for.

This. Without inflammation there's no repair of tissue.

Fucking dyels

There isn't much science into hot / cold shower.
But a lot of broScience!

I take cold shower only after sauna. Because otherwise i would feel as a poor man who can't afford hot water...

Completely debunked. That was the reason cryotherapy became so popular for a good while but it turns out reducing inflammation and swelling only reduces symptoms (short term soreness ect.) and actually impedes recovery and muscle growth.

the most important benefit is the extra calories you burn from shivering.

Why is there a besides? You listed 2 benefits already faggot

>discipline
hahahahahahahahahaha

being soothed isnt a benefit/cold showers also clean you

Its a meme you dummy.

How is being soothed not a benefit? It's a positive outcome of a certain choice. That's a benefit.

Aren't cold showers good for your CNS? Thought they talked about this on Fight Science.

cold showers can be soothing

Yes they can be faggot

Oh then it must be true!

choice of being a pussy

One thing they do is boost my cold tolerance so I like them for that.

With it being summer and humid as fuck now though it's not so immediate. Once winter rolls around though I'll do them more often.

Drop the attitude fuck boy.

No you

A whole fucking meme.

ahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha alrightey, okay brah you get me on that one. Haha, dang what a dumb shit!!!! Gomen, gomen bro-chan. Itsakoybyame-arino!

don't take that tone with me

It improved my posture a bit. The cold water made me stand up straight and I realized how awful my posture and body language still is. My skin might be a bit less dry, too.

Started cold showers last year since then my acne has gone away.
My anxiety has lessened, I've made mental gains and my dick has grown 12 inches
Of course it's a meme

Seems to help my skin, maybe my hair a little too, but that's more likely due to starting no poo around the same time.

Hot to cold is good for circulation, and circulation is good for all sorts of shit.