Tfw attempted lmao 2 pl8 bench for the first time today and failed

tfw attempted lmao 2 pl8 bench for the first time today and failed

is there a worse feel?

also gym feels thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJscKGDnPS8
youtube.com/watch?v=HvpEURMRZI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is a worse feel and it's not trying.

Get the fuck back up you pussy.

maxing 2 pl8 and the spotter keeping his fingers under the bar. Get the rep with the struggle, and the spotter claims he didn't help, just kept them under in case the bar goes down.
>Never knowing if it really was all you
feelsbadman.jpg

Man up fucboi and hit that shit hard next time. Don't be a faggot. Don't let those spotters touch the bar either.

NEVER USE A SPOT WHEN YOU MAX

this kills the lifter

If the spotter messes with your rep, you'll notice. the spotter won't apply force in sync with how you apply force, so it'd be an uneven push,

Srs question about spotting.

I spotted this one guy benching and he asked me to not help even if he struggled, only if he failed. Cool, no problem. He was on his last rep, had already turned red, really struggling. I moved to get in position to help just in case but left my hands off. He barely made that last rep, but it was definitely all him. Couldn't tell if he was so close to failing I should've helped, or if I was right to tell him "way to go"

Nah senpai. Don't use clips and dump it if you can't lift it.

>you can safely dump a squat

We're talking about bench here GTFO you absolute SS-Gomadman

You did it right. You're there to save his ass if he fails, not give him a participation trophy.

when you finally get to x5 225 watch out for you ego , bc i got cocky i dropped that bar on my chest , cracked some ribs and had to take 2 months to heal my bones and took me 6 months to go back to 225x5 , make sure you grip the bar with your hands and forearms

shoulda specified bench then.

Whenever I ask for a spot, I make sure to communicate: unless I nod at you or that weight is literally crushing me already, don't worry about touching the bar.

I still remember the day i saw this magnificent motherfucker benching 440lbs

haven't seen him bench again but everytime i see him at the gym i cant help but stare

>tfw getting close to 3 years of my lifting journey
>never managed to push 2pl8 by myself
>still small
>scared to gain weight because you were obese most of your life

i think i will try to push dem 2pl8s again on monday. Last time i tried was on the 21st of january 2016

>attempting 100kg when you can't hit at least 90-95kg for a solid 3x10

m8...

Thanks, good to know!

I flat bench 2pl8, tried decline bench for the first time the other day and shit was scary. I was only doing 1pl8, and it was light weight, but I was unsteady at the same time. I could push it up no problem but the bar was waving all over the place.

youtube.com/watch?v=HJscKGDnPS8
youtube.com/watch?v=HvpEURMRZI4

Informative, thanks for these links man. Wouldn't the second vid be a bit awkward if you don't have a strong upper body?

I do literally every exercise in a rack and have safety bars for bench and squat.

I don't see how everyone needs a spotter.

wtf that first vid....

And yet no one seems to understand this. I had one guy who wouldn't let go of the bar. He literally had his hands wrapped around it for the first three reps before I just gave up my set, said thanks, and moved on.

That first vid pains me almost as much as that 180degree 4pl8 deadlift video.... wtf

Best advice you'll get from this thread.

>I had one guy who wouldn't let go of the bar.

Oh god, this happened the first time I asked for a spot. I was like
>you fucking gains goblin how could you do this to me I trusted you

Yeah, it could've been a 2pl8 squat you failed lmao

Just lrn to roll, or set the safety bars just below full ROM.

>tfw Kirill Sarychev's anavar abusing gf isn't YOUR gf

If giving the choice between dying or using a spotter that I don't know, I prefer dying.

(I mostly roll the bar off my chest though)

>Big russian guy asks if he can work in with me while I bench lmao1pl8
Sure, whatever
>Insists on spotting me, hands around the bar the whole time, lifting half the weight
>Tell him not to do that
>Does it again next set. Won't let me rerack after 5 reps: "Minimum 6 for build muscle. MINIMUM."
Fucking spotters.

>you will never stand next to a girl like that and make her look feminine

Saved, thanks user.

You did good.

You did good. I always tell people not to spot unless I literally can't move it or it starts to drop.

I wish I had a big Russian gymbro to push me for extra reps. You're lucky, user.

>tfw Russian but a 5'9" dyel
I am not living up to my bloodline ;~;
I don't even have an overcompensating alpha attitude like Putin does to make up for my dyel status, but I'm working on breaking out of dyel

Didn't that science graph say 6-7 reps was the negative zone where you get no gains and you have to stop at 5 or 8-10?