QTDDTOT

I can't seem to do Pendlay Rows right. I feel like I'm using my arms more than my back. Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xq3BsKTzYo
a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=JUBxgyvnrhY&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, stop doing a fedora tier meme exercise and stop using barbells for rowing altogether because they are not ideal.

Dumbell rows. Seated cable rows. T-bar rows.
All superior for back work.

>waiting for the 3 month lifters to come and act like BB automatically makes an exercise superior.

Wider grip

Does anyone have trouble sleeping at night? I keep waking up 3 hours into my sleep, then going back to bed for 2 more hours. Does anyone else have a similar problem that's been solved?

>Any tips?

yeah, stop doing them if you feel like you're not getting the areas that need to be activated by said work out

Reposting from end of last thread
Is jumping rope a waste of time for cardio? I don't always have access to a treadmill and the weather here is iffy so I thought that could work as a backup.

Doctor told me to not do deadlifts or over head press anymore, what can I use to replace them? Or am I doomed to be an unbalanced dyel for the remainder of my days?

If you have dierreah are you using your bulk? Has it been processed enough for you to have taken the calories or not?

Diarrhea is never good. If it lasts more than a few days go to the doctor, or try drinking less milk. Stay hydrated or you're gonna lose more than your gains

I have an electronic weighing scale that estimates body fat via an electric pulse being sent through my body. I already know these are inaccurate. But by how much? Inaccurate to the point that the estimate is useless? Says I'm 15% atm. Can I assume I'm 17% or what. Those with scales like mine. What do you do? I've also been judging myself by mirror.

I get it specifically from spicy food and i'm a spicy food addict. So i get it fairly regularly. Maybe once every two weeks? Pretty much any time i put too much heat in my food.

Can I fix knock-knees with exercise?

>google pendlay rows
Oh hell no, dont do those, no one I know does that shit

Put less.

Are you me? I'm waking up at 3 am at least two times a week.

No one knows. Buy a calipher and google how to use it, they're dirt cheap.

True... I'm going to come off as a lazy fag and maybe I am but I checked out how to use them a while back. Looks like there's million ways for me to get the measurements wrong. Still if it is the only way.

Try to "pull with your elbows" amd also make sure that you pull the bar in the direction towards your belly button and not just straight up.

>t.dyel
Barbell yates row are the best row of all time.
Fuck your seal rows
Fuck your seated rows
Fuck your t-bar chest supported bullshit.

Yate's is love, yate's is life
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xq3BsKTzYo

>work the lats by shortening the ROM
lolno.
Do extreme anaerobic cardio before bed to tire yourself out.
Worked for me
Burpees are superior.
Look up page 49 in greyskull (the second edition)
Does your doctor lift or regularly work with athletes?
If no to both, consider getting a second opinion from someone who actually understands the kinematics of thr lifts..
The only legitimate reason to avoid deadlifting that i am aware of is scoliosis.
Pretty much useless, yea.
Mine says i am anywhere from 16-21% over the course of the same day. But i am pretty sure i am close to 17 ish, so its not so bad.

Certainly far from accurate, and i think callouses on heels might play a factor too, not just electrolyte levels and water retention.
I have literally never gotten diarrhea from spicy food, and i grow habaneros in my garden. Consider being born with intestines that arent weak little bitches, if possible.
Yes.
Noone you know knows jack shit about lifting.. What's your point?

It doesnt matter that you get the "right" measurement.

It only matters than you can consistently get the same measurement, this way you can accurately tracking bodyfat.

For example lets say you are 18% and you consistently measure yourself at 16%

Doesnt matter, because as long as you get that 16% down to 10%, you know you are losing bodyfat.

Good advice, but the latter half is for yate's row not pendlay.

Which is fine, because pendlay is a fat dyel, and nobody he coached has big lats.

>greyskull
a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
In case you don't have it already..

Ahhhhhh. user. That makes perfect sense. Getting me one asap then. So far I've been just tracking my weight and going by mirror. Anyway thanks friend

>Do extreme anaerobic cardio before bed to tire yourself out.
>Worked for me

Won't i have to eat more if i'm bulking to stay above my TDEE if i do that on workout days? Also could it be neurotransmitter or vitamin deficiency problem too?

5 mins of burpees is like.. 50 calories. Literally one bite of calorie dense food

And will knock you the fuck out

rows are a meme lift
>shitty ROM for lats compared to vertical pull
>shitty activation for mid upper back unless you row high without lat activation

Thanks user, appreciate it.

Is it possible to achieve something between a good looking body and actual strenght with a decent diet and doing literally only squats, deadlifts, overhead press and bench press?

for the context: for me, a good looking body is pic related, i dont really care for extremely low body fat, 12~15% is goal

not planning on doing this, just out of curiosity

fit told me to do SS+GOMAD and this is where I am after 8 months on the program. What did I do wrong? Why? you fucking sits fucked my life

baito desu

come on my man, at least work on your shop skills first before you practice your b8 skills

i want to slim down before starting any full body strength routine like ss.

but i still want to exercise somehow.
but i cant find any good noob bodyweight routines.

ive already fixed my diet and am running sometimes,trying to do mobillity daily.

but what exercises should i do?
where do i learn what,how and what progression.
i know you need to change exercises to improve.

right now i can do like 10 push ups,and 0.2 of a pull up.

also all i have access to is a pull up bar,and maybe a place to do dips.

I typically get it from eating 2-3 scotch bonnets in my meal. I think you miss understand how extreme i am about it.

completly useless, saw guys with bellies get one-digit bf at the scale at my gym. was pretty hard to tell these tards that u cant have a belly with 8%bf

Yeah he's the main sports med guy in my town, he works with athletes from my college all the time. I had a minor lower back injury a few months ago and he wants me to not do deadlifts "for a while".

HOW do i git good at running? im SHIT at running

anyone have a guide that will get me better at running without killing myself?

Watched the videos and yup I been doin em right. That and pull ups are the core of my back and bicep day. Thank you for the share senpai.

kek

couch to 5k

after a back injury you should have some reducation try to ask the therapist about how much weight you can safely use for dl

I have to walk home on a leg day, do I stretch before leaving the gym or when I get home or both?

I found out about a week and a half ago that my test levels were 203 instead of the normal 1000 for my age. I just started test replacement therapy today. I just started going back to the gym Monday and am absolutely as DYEL skinnyfat as one can be. Will the test replacement therapy help my gains? I can't imagine it's going to be like being on the juice but it'll help some r-right?

After lifting, I get random tingly sensations all over my back for about 2 seconds. It doesn't hurt and doesn't impede my mobility or muscle strength, but I feel like it could be nerve damage or a pinched nerve.

It only happens when I'm sitting down in a chair and stretching/doing something stupid and hyperextending my body, but still.

It'll be nothing like being on juice, not even close. But it will still help your gains.

DYEL that started a newbie strength routine here. Seeing how diet is 50%, I've been eating anything I could ever since I started lifting. Progress goes good so far, but I've seen here something about IF that it can help build muscles. How good is IF for beginners? Is it worth it?

If yes, is it a problem if I fast about 16 hours (8 hours of sleep included) before workout and then after workout I feast and eat as much calories/proteins in 2 hours then fast again. Let's say I start lifting at about 10:20 and I finish my routine at 11:20 then until 1 PM I feast, fast until 7:30-8:00 PM feast till about 9 PM and fast again till 1 PM next day. How good is this? And also, will it be a problem if I lift AxBxAxx but do IF everyday?

Hahaha seriously? That's extreme. Even for an electronic scale that particular one sounds especially craptastic. Maybe higher quality tier scales are more accurate? Fuck it. I'll go by way of the calliper instead soon.

I am DYEL mode, and struggling to get more calories. I've put together a shake that has >1,000 calories, but it has peanut butter in it and I hate cleaning peanut butter out of my mixer ball because I'm a bitch.

Is there any Veeky Forums recommended mass gaining mixes?

should you do warm up sets for dumbbell exercises? Like lateral raises? It feels weird warming up with 10lb weights

try adding olive oil instead

Regarding this, does anyone have that Veeky Forums infographic about mass gaining shake or something. I've seen it here some time ago

I failed bench press today at 42.5kg because my left shoulder gave way, should I try it again next workout (wednesday), or leave ir for a while?

Should I go to the gym if ottermode is my goal
Can I reduce muscle size if I fuck up and something gets bigger than I want it to be?
Can I achieve more strength without muscle size increasing?

does taking more than 3 minute breaks inbetween sets have much of an impact on strength gainz

Former fat guy here. What do I do when I can't progress my standing barbell calf raises as its getting to more than I can squat/unrack? My squats 225lb x5 but my calf raises are 330x12 I can't go anymore as I can't squat the weight of the rack and I don't want to do the seated one as it fucks my quads up

anyone? :^(

Are you doing hypertrophy or strength training?
Some people like to do it, but personally I found no difference, so if you feel like it helps then keep doing it. Otherwise, just go right into it.
I gotchu senpai

strength

Take as much time as you need then, as long as it is 5 reps or less in your set
If more, maybe consider going for 1-2 mins instead.

there are 2 ways to increase load: weight and volume

if you can't increase the weight, increase the sets/reps

so Veeky Forums
I had a back injury a while ago, and am slowly getting back into my squats and deadlifts
when squatting I feel really "unstable" in the lower abdominal and back area, this starts to show up around 200 lbs of weight
my legs don't feel very taxed at all but this instability is holding back my squat numbers, anyone have any knowledge about this feeling and how to address it?

thanks broski

How do yall talk to chicks on tinder? I can get like 12 messages back and forth each on average before one of us gets bored. Also it's shitty to open the app just to load messages, do you guys just blitz for the number as soon as it's reasonable?

Alright I came to the point where my deadlift won't go up because the bar simply slips on the fingers, tried thumb grip and it doesnt seem to work well
I can only do it with that alternate grip, left hand palm up and right one down.

Is this bad? heard it creates muscle imbalance but can I just switch the hands once in a while?

Do barbell curls have advantages to spider curls?

If you do spider curls, should you use a dumbbell, ez bar, or barbell?

How is my high bar squat form?

youtube.com/watch?v=JUBxgyvnrhY&feature=youtu.be

165 x 5

I just had to deload and want to make sure my form is good.

Any suggestions?

Good.

Bump

upright rows, I dont feel shit goin on with my lats, all shoulders sometimes traps. Am I fucking up? or is it because im currently doing baby weight?

No that is what they are meant to do...
If you want to hit the back with barbell rows go for pendlay rows.

If I get my daily proteins, does it really matter where the rest of my calories come from?
I mean, fat can be turned to carb and carb can be turned to fat

misread that and didn't see you said lats
I don't think upright rows hit lats very hard, maybe slightly but nothing major.

Just because your body can do it, doesn't mean you should.
It is far more optimal to have good macros.

I want to restrict my eating as much as possible. What should I eat when I get hungry without eating a whole lot.

Is a half-can of soup good?

bump

Half a stick of butter.

That could be a possible sign of overtraining. Look it up. Same thing happened to me.

Legitimate suggestions, please.

if you train for strength 3x5, 4x5 or 5x5, your muscles will grow but shouldnt grow past your goals. The only time a muscle will really grow huge is if you overwork it. so do full body strength and eventually your muscles will stop growing

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Just don't eat so much. Especially not protein.

Thx guys, I hope to not fuck it up and the instructor understands what I want to achieve

Bump

So, I know cutting 1 to 2 lbs of fat per week is a good healthy goal. Is it possible to do a short term cut to lose more than that without losing muscle mass?

If not, it looks like I need to lose fat for about 55 weeks if I do 1 pound per week.

Doing SL, finally broke 2pl8 on squat, but since 200 5 sets makes me feel like dying and negatively affects my deadlift.
Should I wait for the prescribed two reloads, or should I just cut my losses and move down to 3x5?

Having been lifting for about a month and half. things going mostly alright but for a few things,
I have a really hard time progressing my OHP and bench press, I'm stuck at 22lbs on both for about a week.

What I'm doing wrong?

Maybe let me rephrase. I'm a fat beginner. I've started a lifting program and really enjoy it, but I also need to lose fat.

Should I keep lifting and nutritionally aim for losing 2 lbs per week so I can be at my goal by December? Or should I wait to lift until after I've finished losing weight?

If only..

You are benching and The Press'ing 22lbs?

Yes, 3x5, maybe I should just add more reps?

Are you including the bar?

Move to 3x5. For the average person, the difference between 3x5 and 5x5 is going to be very negligible. You'll progress and stall less often.

Alright, thanks.

Is there a specific protein powder you would recommend? Currently doing SL until I can get to 2pl8 squats and DL, and 1pl8 bench. I am also trying to lose some weight, currently 5'11 240 hamplanet. Been working out for little over 2 months.

myprotein, best quality and price to be honest m8

don't substitute the protein powder for food though, it's good when you dont feel like eating chicken or need some protein and kcals are low

Wow guys did you see the military coup happening in Turkey?

Maybe there was a gym at the parliament and they took it too literally

I use unflavored Promix. It has two ingredients: protein and sunflower lecithin. I think as long as you don't buy a powder that contains shit you've never heard of and soy lecithin, then you'll be fine. Essentially, get as few ingredients as possible.

Not even memeing here: how's about muscle milk? Ya or neigh

Is doing alternating dumbbell presses / alternating dumbbell flies a bad idea? Does the "counter weight" of doing both arms at the same time affect anything?

Thanks guys, I'll look into it. Though, why do I want to avoid soy lecithin? Does it cause fat retention or something?

I would say Muscle Milk is more of a meme. It's pretty much just a protein shake, which you can buy your own protein and mix it with milk/water for cheaper, with more protein usually.

The Yates row is just a normal row..? Lol