Any bros here ever benched 300lbs? How long did it take and what did you do to achieve it...

Any bros here ever benched 300lbs? How long did it take and what did you do to achieve it? I'm going for a 300lb bench max this week and hope to get it. I maxed at 285 six weeks ago and have been doing a pyramid work out ever since. Last week I could get 240,245, and 250 all 4 reps pretty easy. Any other stories?

I haven't yet but my dad in his prime reached 528, he told me that a large majority of it is mental so i believe in you user just be crazy enough and you can do anything.

nigga thats just too much weight

here's hoping you don't tear anything, broswine.

This winters max was 305. Lifting for 2.5 years, fucked around with 5x5, was good except diet was shit for the first year. Fixed diet, routine was mediocre for 2nd year. Dirty bulk and 2 cycles of smolov jr went ->275 -> 305 at 198 body weight and ~20%bf. Cut to 183@15% and now pushing 275 and slowly building back up

bench is now 225lbs. 75 lbs more seems fucking imposible. Texas method? Pyramid training with low reps first and then high reps?

130kg here, that's sooo close and im 18 yo so it will be ez in future

your hormonal profile is as good as it gets now. bulk up.

I've hit 301 as my max @ 165 lbs.

Took 6 years, but 4 years in I got hit by a bus on my bicycle which fucked my shoulder, so I basically had to start from scratch again.

I was at 280 before I got hit and had to start from around 230 again and work my way up over the course of 2 years

i hit 270 last week.

300 is around the corner. my goal is 350 in 1 year

don't be a pussy. at 145lbs my bench went up more than 75 pounds in a few months.

If a 'subhuman manlet' like me can get up to 250lb bp on a shitty routine without spotters (while on a cut, to boot), you sure as fuck can get to 300.

yes. current 390 max, a in march i hit 405, i took a break in april and may.
i started lifting in august last year and started at 240 and i hit 315 in the end of december. a lot of it is in the form. when i was really trying to increase bench i benched 3 times a week, pendlay rowed twice a week, and military pressed once a week.

>triggered

actually im fat af right now, 177cm/86 kg of fat

Which one is harder:
>3pl8 bp
>2p8 press
also checkem

225 military press

confirming. had to buy 2.5lb plates to continue progressing on OHP, despite being 'elite' per exrx standards.

Overhead press without a doubt. Like the other user said, you'll reach a point fairly quickly where you need micro plates top keep on making gains.

2pl8 press. At least bench consistently progresses. The press is all over the place

You'll fuck your shoulders kid.

sure he did, fucking idiot

My 1 rep max was 310, but bench has always been my weak point and my strength has fucking plummeted since cutting.

Was kind of an emotionally underwhelming milestone desu.

>only 5 poons away from 3pl8
i wouldn't know whether to be happy or pissed

Current max is 325. I'm 5'11 200 lbs.

I was stuck for awhile at 275 until I started a revised version of Texas Method and got my form down. Took about 6 months to make the climb to 315, then I hurt myself doing military press which took 6 months to heal. Fell back down to 265, and just finished climbing back up to 325 now in 4 months.

Work up to your max weight properly. For example, my 325 bench was (each 1 set) 45 x 10, 135 x 10, 185 x 7, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 300 x 1, 325 x 1. I alternate between intensity and volume day, with my volume day currently being 250 5x5.

after many years achieved six reps of 500 lbs resulting in a detached pec. Never been the same and not worth it.

The only time I was serious into lifting before now was 10 years ago back in high school. I was so pissed that I plateau'd at 270 and couldn't get any stronger while others were above 300 and getting stronger. I did only weigh 168lbd back then though

528 is higher than the world's heaviest deadlift idiot

That's a pretty nice Pepe, mind if I save it?
Whoops, already did it

cant tell if this is bait or not

I can barely bench my own bodyweight. 80 kilograms for a double.

I really really don't care about bench press, desu.

You..

You absolute terrorist.

You're thinking kilograms. He's talking about pounds you stupid yuropoor.
Go back to prepping your bull.

But being short is strictly an advantage lifting, from a numbers standpoint anyway......

Related question.
I just looked up the world record for benc and its 1102lb. How is that possible? Thats right near the squat and deadlift records.

>tfw 4 plates roughly 1 year ago

30yo and been lifting for 10+ yrs

don't listen to the curlbros in this thread. 300lbs is very possible. and no, you won't get shoulder injuries unless your supporting muscle groups and form is trash (and this applies for any other lift as well).

This.
295 is still my best and i failed on 3pl8 on two seperate occasions.
Almost had it the second time but I won't give up.

thats with equipped lifting where the lifters wear suits that can add hundreds of poons to their lifts. there are singly-ply suits and multi-ply suits that are even stronger

3x5 305
After 225, I added ten pounds every other week and did a shit ton of DB press at about 75% of BB and incorporated a lot of shoulder/tri into my workout.

Can you explain this shit to me? I never understood it. If you have the same weight as someone taller I can see it, yeah. But I'm 5'6 and 145 lbs. If you scale someone up to my same proportions, but a heavier weight, shouldn't they always lift more weight due to having more muscle mass then me? I understand the slightly shortened ROM is a boon to me, but at what point does the extra muscle make up for it? And is it still a boon when I'm still moving the weight the same distance relatively?

Why are all strong so large, if being a manlet is such a distinct advantage? Or is it just a meme some skelle lanklet invented when a manlet who weighed more lifted more? Someone explain this to me

If you make 2 levers, and they are identical besides one is scaled down 50%, same proportions, just smaller, why does the smaller one lift less?

Why is the saying not "give me a small enough lever and I'll move the world"?

It's equipped benching. Basically, they wear a shirt that helps bring the weight up. You're gonna want to find the raw bench record to know what a human has lifted with their arms alone.

190 lb 6'2" here.
The most I've benched was 265 twice. I haven't attempted a max in almost 6 months though.

Why am I stuck at ~45kg guys ?
Been lifting for like 9 months, I am not bench pressing during summer coz my PT here sais some crap (idk if its true/idc if its true - its his gym i ll obey his rules).
Started from literally nothing 9 months ago, no workout experience, started with a 20kg bar and 5 kg in each side.
Should I start eating more ?